approaching the Heavenly gift

How can we improve the forum? Need help with something on the forum?
jeffrey09
captain of 10

approaching the Heavenly gift

Post by jeffrey09 »

I requested access a few days ago. Does it take sometime usually or did I miss something?

Christine
captain of 50

Re: approaching the Heavenly gift

Post by Christine »

I think the moderators are just super busy and haven't gotten to us yet. :)

marc
Disciple of Jesus Christ

Post by marc »

There's no initiation. Mods just do their best to keep up. Just saw this post. You both should have access now. Despite what the public thinks, all that is asked is to be respectful. If people were respectful, the forum rules would be unnecessary, much less a private sub forum. :)

Obrien
Up, up and away.

Post by Obrien »

sen6b, you rumor monger. ;) no initiation is required. I requested access a few months ago and it took a few days to get a response. some of the moderators have been fighting an uphill battle lately, so they are probably a bit behind.
fwiw, there's a lot of Denver Snuffer discussion on the athg sub forum. there is debate with different points of view, but it stays pretty civil and generally respectful. if you can stay within the bounds of normal decency, you'll be fine.

Christine
captain of 50

Post by Christine »

coachmarc wrote:There's no initiation. Mods just do their best to keep up. Just saw this post. You both should have access now. Despite what the public thinks, all that is asked is to be respectful. If people were respectful, the forum rules would be unnecessary, much less a private sub forum. :)
Thank you! :)

marc
Disciple of Jesus Christ

Post by marc »

sen6b wrote:Aww man you take away my fun coachmarc ;) And I had a good one.
Yes, you did! :)

And hey! You took down your happy picture! [-(

FoxMammaWisdom
The Heretic

Post by FoxMammaWisdom »

sen6b wrote:You have to go through an initiation first. You guys ready?
=)) You seriously thought we made EVERYONE eat goat end trails while dancing naked around a fire and chanting Latin? That was YOUR special initiation. ;)

A Random Phrase
Follower of Christ
Location: Staring at my computer, not sure whether to laugh or cry.

Post by A Random Phrase »

:)) :))

Dancing around a maypole with tree frogs in your hand - waiting for the snake to drop from the rafters. :ymdevil:

boo
captain of 1,000

Post by boo »

A Random Phrase wrote:
:)) :))

Dancing around a maypole with tree frogs in your hand - waiting for the snake to drop from the rafters. :ymdevil:
With or w/o clothes? Just need to make sure I do it correctly

JohnW
captain of 50

Post by JohnW »

okay Jules

now I feel stupid, so i didn't need to send the roses to get access?

FoxMammaWisdom
The Heretic

Post by FoxMammaWisdom »

JohnW wrote:okay Jules

now I feel stupid, so i didn't need to send the roses to get access?
No roses, please. You just have to click the link: viewforum.php?f=45" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

JohnW
captain of 50

Post by JohnW »

I have been there, it is very serious people, all supporting a man or angry with a man

and I am but the character in this clip

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/RESwG23_YGw" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

and as you can see i can't find a way to insert the URL

France
captain of 10

Post by France »

Jules wrote:
=)) You seriously thought we made EVERYONE eat goat end trails while dancing naked around a fire and chanting Latin? That was YOUR special initiation. ;)
Hi Jules -

Could I please get an invitation to the ATHG forum? You know I disagree with your points of view, but I promise to be respectful in your forum. (Just as I disagree with the Catholic Church, but don't go into a Cathedral and criticize the pope). I know you previously said I would not be a good "fit" for the forum, but I think you guys should give me a second chance.

If not, what do I need to do to get my application approved? I've already criticized Denver so much. Am I beyond redemption at LDSFF, such that I can never be given access to this forum? How do I go about repenting so that I can be worthy to have my application approved?

Moss Man
captain of 100

Post by Moss Man »

I requested access three weeks ago and still haven't been approved.

FoxMammaWisdom
The Heretic

Post by FoxMammaWisdom »

France wrote:
Jules wrote:
Hi Jules -

Could I please get an invitation to the ATHG forum? You know I disagree with your points of view, but I promise to be respectful in your forum. (Just as I disagree with the Catholic Church, but don't go into a Cathedral and criticize the pope). I know you previously said I would not be a good "fit" for the forum, but I think you guys should give me a second chance.

If not, what do I need to do to get my application approved? I've already criticized Denver so much. Am I beyond redemption at LDSFF, such that I can never be given access to this forum? How do I go about repenting so that I can be worthy to have my application approved?
Actually, I just denied your request. Your behavior on the forum since you joined is reason enough to deny access to that forum. If your behavior in this area of the forum drastically changed, then you could be given a second chance. I still feel the same way I did initially - that you would not be a good fit. :)

Here are the rules of that area - in case there is any question. I'm going to lock this thread and ask that people PM one of the HG moderators if they would like to discuss access. Also, forgive us for not getting to all the requests immediately - we have a lot, and we also have lives. :)
Welcome to the Heavenly Gift Area.

These are the standards expected from everyone in this group. These standards apply to all areas of LDSFF. You can be removed based on behavior in the public sections of LDSFF.
The Heavenly Gift forum is intended as a private / safe place for discussing the Second Comforter and Gospel of Jesus Christ. Many of our participants are interested in the writings of Denver Snuffer, specifically his book "The Second Comforter", and similar messages from others.

We invite and accept anyone that is interested in participating in a way that contributes to a Christ-like, contention-free and respectful atmosphere - allowing others the priviledge of believing according to the dictates of their own conscience.

The web is full of sites, blogs and forums for those who are critical of the topics being discussed in the Heavenly Gift area. While we do not require that you agree with everyone on everything being discussed, this area is for those who are looking for a safe place to share their thoughts and beliefs.

Accounts with zero posts will not be approved. If you have not otherwise posted and as part of evaluating your application, we'd like you to post a general introduction post to the main forum.

In addition, we'd like you to send an Email to this message letting us know why you are interested in participating with us, whether that is because of your interest in the writings of Denver Snuffer, other authors, or other reasons.

Thanks!
And just to add some clarification - for everyone that read this... "Denver Snuffer" was removed from the description of the Heavenly Gift forum but this should still remain a safe place to discuss his writings.. it is his writings that have attracted many people to this private forum area.

This should be a safe place to discuss writing/blogs/books from Denver Snuffer as well as others, be it Hugh Nibley, Avraham Gileadi, Max Skousen, Doug Mendenhall, Joseph Smith, John Pontius and so many others. It should be a place where you can discuss ideas, opinions and beliefs without contention and without being ridiculed and insulted by others for possibly believing differently than they do or even differently than what some interpret to be the mainstream accepted beliefs of the LDS Church.

Please just be respectful to the beliefs of others - allow them to share freely and be willing to hold your tongue if you happen to strongly disagree - fortunately most people here are like-minded but still we aren't always going to agree with everyone on everything - we tend to be the type of people that are thinking out of the box and outside of the mainstream.
ANYONE WHO POSTS HERE AGREES TO KEEP ALL POSTS IN THIS SECTION. DO NOT COPY POSTS OUTSIDE OF THIS FORUM UNLESS YOU OBTAIN PERMISSION FIRST!

We want this to be a place for likeminded people. If you feel strongly that you cannot join in fellowship with others in this forum, you are under a responsibility to inform a moderator so that you can be removed. Further, if others feel that you are disagreeable, then you may be removed.

Consider this place the living room of your hosts and behave as if you are there in person. Debates and even disagreements happen in living rooms, but there is always a level of love, fellowship, and politeness that is maintained. If that is not maintained you will be asked to leave just as you would be if you were creating a ruckus in someone's home.

EDIT 2014-02-08

I guess the general rule is if you wouldn't like someone coming in and saying stuff about Joseph and people you accept as prophets, then you probably shouldn't say it about Denver. And on the flip side, be as open minded about Denver as you would want other people to be about Joseph.