Lying ought to be a bannable offense

How can we improve the forum? Need help with something on the forum?
log
captain of 1,000

Lying ought to be a bannable offense

Post by log »

I think if a user is caught lying - pretending to respond to claims with evidence which, on examination, is irrelevant to the claim, misrepresenting sources, putting words in others' mouths, misrepresenting claims, and the like - that user ought to be banned.
Alma 1:17
17 Nevertheless, they durst not lie, if it were known, for fear of the law, for liars were punished; therefore they pretended to preach according to their belief; and now the law could have no power on any man for his belief.
Revelation 21:8
8 But the fearful, and unbelieving, and the abominable, and murderers, and whoremongers, and sorcerers, and idolaters, and all liars, shall have their part in the lake which burneth with fire and brimstone: which is the second death.
Doctrine and Covenants 63:17
17 Wherefore, I, the Lord, have said that the fearful, and the unbelieving, and all liars, and whosoever loveth and maketh a lie, and the whoremonger, and the sorcerer, shall have their part in that lake which burneth with fire and brimstone, which is the second death.

Seek the Truth
captain of 1,000

Re: Lying ought to be a bannable offense

Post by Seek the Truth »

Is there like going to be a court and everything. Sort of an excommunication procedure.

Original_Intent
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Original_Intent »

pretending to respond to claims with evidence which, on examination, is irrelevant to the claim
so ban for making strawman arguments?

/forum :ymparty:

does the accused have the right to know who their accusers are, or can people make allegations from the shadows?
does the accused have the right to a defense?
Can anything he or she says be used against them?
does the principle of the fruit from the poisonous tree apply?
are people innocent until proven guilty?
If someone tries to get a person banned, and the accused person is found not guilty, then should the accuser be banned?

etc.

Thomas
captain of 1,000

Post by Thomas »

There is only four members of the forum anyway. Jason, Mark, Shadow and Col Flagg. All the members are one of their multiple sock puppets that they have returned with after being banned.

FoxMammaWisdom
The Heretic

Post by FoxMammaWisdom »

log wrote:I think if a user is caught lying - pretending to respond to claims with evidence which, on examination, is irrelevant to the claim, misrepresenting sources, putting words in others' mouths, misrepresenting claims, and the like - that user ought to be banned.
17 Nevertheless, they durst not lie, if it were known, for fear of the law, for liars were punished; therefore they pretended to preach according to their belief; and now the law could have no power on any man for his belief.
8 But the fearful, and unbelieving, and the abominable, and murderers, and whoremongers, and sorcerers, and idolaters, and all liars, shall have their part in the lake which burneth with fire and brimstone: which is the second death.
17 Wherefore, I, the Lord, have said that the fearful, and the unbelieving, and all liars, and whosoever loveth and maketh a lie, and the whoremonger, and the sorcerer, shall have their part in that lake which burneth with fire and brimstone, which is the second death.
Please send links to BrianM, one of the other moderators, or myself and we'll take a look at it. OR, click on the "report" button on the upper right, and that will notify us of the post.

Original_Intent
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Original_Intent »

Jules wrote:
log wrote:I think if a user is caught lying - pretending to respond to claims with evidence which, on examination, is irrelevant to the claim, misrepresenting sources, putting words in others' mouths, misrepresenting claims, and the like - that user ought to be banned.
Please send links to BrianM, one of the other moderators, or myself and we'll take a look at it. OR, click on the "report" button on the upper right, and that will notify us of the post.
Yes, it is the little green thumbs up icon in the upper right. People thought that meant they liked the post, but actually it is an umpire's signal for "You're out!" - as in you are out of the forum.

Oh, and please, please please report this post. :YMPRAY: :YMPRAY: :YMPRAY:

Silas
captain of 1,000

Post by Silas »

Thomas wrote:There is only four members of the forum anyway. Jason, Mark, Shadow and Col Flagg. All the members are one of their multiple sock puppets that they have returned with after being banned.
Which one are you then?

Thomas
captain of 1,000

Post by Thomas »

Silas wrote:
Thomas wrote:There is only four members of the forum anyway. Jason, Mark, Shadow and Col Flagg. All the members are one of their multiple sock puppets that they have returned with after being banned.
Which one are you then?
I am actually Col Flagg. OOPS, I hope I don't get banned for lying.

deep water
captain of 1,000

Post by deep water »

Lie to God and see where that will get you.