Videos

How can we improve the forum? Need help with something on the forum?
heartsongs
captain of 100

Videos

Post by heartsongs »

Hello all. Can someone please tell this computer/technology illiterate how to upload a video on here. I see others do it, but, I don't know how.
Thanks tons!!!

FoxMammaWisdom
The Heretic

Re: Videos

Post by FoxMammaWisdom »

Here you go! :-)

http://www.ldsfreedomforum.com/viewtopic.php?t=10799" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

heartsongs
captain of 100

Post by heartsongs »

Thank you! I appreciate it! Have a great weekend! :D :D :D

A Random Phrase
Follower of Christ
Location: Staring at my computer, not sure whether to laugh or cry.

Post by A Random Phrase »

Only YouTube, though. I cannot get any other kind to embed.

freedomforall
Gnolaum ∞

Post by freedomforall »

Why can't I hear sound from videos? I get normal sound when I go on Youtube, but there is no sound once posted. This started yesterday, Tuesday Jan 24.

Anyone else having this problem?

What may have happened to cause this?

freedomforall
Gnolaum ∞

Post by freedomforall »

freedomforall wrote:Why can't I hear sound from videos? I get normal sound when I go on Youtube, but there is no sound once posted. This started yesterday, Tuesday Jan 24.

Anyone else having this problem?

What may have happened to cause this?
WELL!

freedomforall
Gnolaum ∞

Post by freedomforall »

The OP says "Or need help?" right?

Does anyone know why or the cause of no sound coming from posted videos?

freedomforall
Gnolaum ∞

Post by freedomforall »

Oh well, I tried.

inho
captain of 1,000

Post by inho »

freedomforall wrote: Anyone else having this problem?
I just watched a video here and the sound worked just fine. Sorry, don't know how to help you.

freedomforall
Gnolaum ∞

Post by freedomforall »

inho wrote:
freedomforall wrote: Anyone else having this problem?
I just watched a video here and the sound worked just fine. Sorry, don't know how to help you.
I really appreciate the reply. Thank you.

Maybe I need a handbook called "Computer fixes: for dummies." With what little research I could do so far, there may be either a corrupt sound driver or a wrong version of "flash." However, I am not confident in finding the exact problem without going through a bunch of unnecessary so-called remedies and messing up my computer more than it is.

I have perfect sound when going on Youtube and other sites with videos. I merely do not have sound on this forum as of just a few days ago.

Teancum
captain of 100

Post by Teancum »

Be sure to check that the video doesn't show as muted when you start playing it. In my experience, if I leave one muted then they all will come up that way untill I unmute and play one.

Something to do with cookies, or site preferences, etc.....

freedomforall
Gnolaum ∞

Post by freedomforall »

kenssurplus wrote:Be sure to check that the video doesn't show as muted when you start playing it. In my experience, if I leave one muted then they all will come up that way untill I unmute and play one.

Please expound. What video would I look for that has been muted? How would one go about finding it? Or do I not understand your point?
When a video is right clicked there is no indication of anything to do with muting the sound. I love your idea, but cannot get results. I even cleared forum cookies as suggested.

Thanks

inho
captain of 1,000

Post by inho »

freedomforall wrote:
kenssurplus wrote:Be sure to check that the video doesn't show as muted when you start playing it. In my experience, if I leave one muted then they all will come up that way untill I unmute and play one.

Please expound. What video would I look for that has been muted? How would one go about finding it? Or do I not understand your point?
When a video is right clicked there is no indication of anything to do with muting the sound. I love your idea, but cannot get results. I even cleared forum cookies as suggested.

Thanks
I think this is what is meant:
Attachments
muted.jpg
muted.jpg (142.22 KiB) Viewed 2410 times

freedomforall
Gnolaum ∞

Post by freedomforall »

inho wrote:
freedomforall wrote:

Thanks
I think this is what is meant:
Posted videos onto the pages of this forum do not have a mute button feature on my screen. Upon viewing the same video on Youtube, there is also sound, not here as of recent. Weird! :(
Do forum administrators have mute, unmute cababilities effecting any one forum member?

inho
captain of 1,000

Post by inho »

freedomforall wrote: Posted videos onto the pages of this forum do not have a mute button feature on my screen. Upon viewing the same video on Youtube, there is also sound, not here as of recent. Weird! :(
Do forum administrators have mute, unmute cababilities effecting any one forum member?
Strange. Doesn't the mute button appear if you hover your mouse on the video? At least for me it is not visible at all times.
I doubt that the administrators have such capabilities.

freedomforall
Gnolaum ∞

Post by freedomforall »

inho wrote:
freedomforall wrote: Posted videos onto the pages of this forum do not have a mute button feature on my screen. Upon viewing the same video on Youtube, there is also sound, not here as of recent. Weird! :(
Strange. Doesn't the mute button appear if you hover your mouse on the video? At least for me it is not visible at all times.
I doubt that the administrators have such capabilities.
I hadn't payed much attention to the fact that the mute bar appears upon the mouse hovering over the video window. My bad.
I still get no sound. I don't know it it is a Java issue or a flash issue. I'm thinking that Java is mainly for games and the like. Maybe there is a corrupted file someplace. And I'm no computer whiz.
I require a step by step tutorial on things like this. Every time I search the net about having no video sound in a forum environment, information comes up about not having sound in Youtube and does not address the real issue. I get sound in Youtube.
When I right click the mouse while hovering over a video, a black box appears, but has no links for sound issues or fixes. Also, I don't understand how to search for updated sound drivers. Like I say, I'm not computer savvy.