A New Republican Coalition? If They Want To Win.

Discuss principles, issues, news and candidates related to upcoming elections and voting.
jonholb55
captain of 100

A New Republican Coalition? If They Want To Win.

Post by jonholb55 »

The Republican Party has lost its way. It rejected basic Constitutional principles and was swamped by a Democratic tidal wave lead by a would-be messiah.
All one has to do is look at the coalition that was put together in California to pass Proposition 8 for a possible solution to Republican woes.
(1) Work with people who take their religious faith seriously and follow the Judeo-Christian tradition.
(2) Work with civic and community groups that share common goals with group #1.
(3) Work with people who know how to organize and raise money for political campaigns.
(4) Don't let yourself be intimidated by the opposition, regardless how fierce and well organized it is.
(5) Don't compromise your principles to gain acceptance from the community-at-large.
(6) Work with like-minded people who will uphold the Constitution per the original intent and believe in the rule of law.
Will the Republican Party accept this challenge? Time will only tell. If they do, they will win. If they don't, they will be a minority party for the foreseeable future.
Thank-You

ChelC
The Law

Re: A New Republican Coalition? If They Want To Win.

Post by ChelC »

I've wondered a lot about how to reform the party. I've tried. I'm a county and state delegate. I definitely don't vote the party line by any stretch. Locally at the county meetings it seems that those who actively participate seem to have a decent feel for right and wrong. Many (I'm not sure most, but many) seem to understand the Constitution. It's a steady decline as you climb the ladder.

So as I've thought about it, I can see value in trying to keep the party on track locally, but at the same time I wonder if it isn't just perpetuating a blind following of those in the state who vote for anything with an R in front of it. Perhaps the sooner the GOP implodes, the better? Geez, look at our Governor! I can see wisdom in both trying to reform and in working on building another track. I agreed with Paul when he asserted that he'd always been Republican and had no intention of changing that.

Now, I'm not certain about that. It's a bit like staying with an abusive spouse at this point for me. I'm considering at this time resigning from my duties as a delegate, because I think the GOP needs to fail. Right to the top it has sold out the masses for power. The masses still hold at the local levels the same values they always have. Unfortunately many people don't have or take the time to learn about each and every candidate. So many trust the label, which has become a bit like counting on that purse you picked up on the streets of New York actually being a Gucci.