LDS Church encouraging vote for parties aligned with gospel

Discuss principles, issues, news and candidates related to upcoming elections and voting.
lundbaek
Level 34 Illuminated

Re: LDS Church encouraging vote for parties aligned with gospel

Post by lundbaek »

I think it is very important that there be discussion about the differences between Ron Paul and Mitt Romney because I consider it imiportant that LDSs voters realize how unwise they have been in deciding which candidates to support. In ignoring Ron Paul and now Chuck Baldwin, they have ignored the only candidates who truly "befriend" the US Constitution, and in supporting Mitt Romney they supported an LDS candidate who instead of promoting government under constitutional and moral principles, has demonstrated disdain for certain constitutional and moral principles, in addition to failing to tell what any 19 year old missionary would tell about Josoeph Smith having been spoken to by God the Father and Christ in 1820. I take every opportunity to point out to LDS voters this gross failure on their part. Many get very upset with me for doing this, and I couldn't careless.

Captain Moroni
captain of 1,000

Post by Captain Moroni »

Lundbeck, thanks for clarifying your motivation. Yes, Romeny IMO is a dangerous sheep in wolf's clothing.

I would add that Barr is also a strong defender of the Constitution now that he has been politically converted.

WYp8riot
captain of 1,000

Post by WYp8riot »

lundbaek wrote:I think it is very important that there be discussion about the differences between Ron Paul and Mitt Romney because I consider it imiportant that LDSs voters realize how unwise they have been in deciding which candidates to support. In ignoring Ron Paul and now Chuck Baldwin, they have ignored the only candidates who truly "befriend" the US Constitution, and in supporting Mitt Romney they supported an LDS candidate who instead of promoting government under constitutional and moral principles, has demonstrated disdain for certain constitutional and moral principles, in addition to failing to tell what any 19 year old missionary would tell about Josoeph Smith having been spoken to by God the Father and Christ in 1820. I take every opportunity to point out to LDS voters this gross failure on their part. Many get very upset with me for doing this, and I couldn't careless.

YES, it isnt that one isnt in line with correct principles. I do not trash Romney I (or we) do however reject the sin and are frustrated by the fact that not only were his actions not in line with teachings of scripture, prophets and principles of freedom and the constitution, but he had many blind followers. There are way to many apethetic LDS supporters whos intentions may be good yet they are blinded by the subtle craftiness of men. I care not if Romneys actions were in ignorance or willfull intent. It is our duty to uphold and befriend the Constitution and principles of freedom as were re discovered byinspiration of God through the founders.

Captain Moroni
captain of 1,000

Post by Captain Moroni »

Hiddentreasure, you're more generous towards Romney then I am. He is NOT ignorant of economics and exactly what he was advocating in overthrowing the Constitution. I KNW this after he publicly denied that God appeared to JS. And he did this by saying that God hadn't appeared to anyone since Moses.

WYp8riot
captain of 1,000

Post by WYp8riot »

Captain Moroni wrote:Hiddentreasure, you're more generous towards Romney then I am. He is NOT ignorant of economics and exactly what he was advocating in overthrowing the Constitution. I KNW this after he publicly denied that God appeared to JS. And he did this by saying that God hadn't appeared to anyone since Moses.

I am not to say you are wrong, because I am certainly far from convinced of such. I just dont know that it ismy role to judge him as much as it is to judge what he has done.

Captain Moroni
captain of 1,000

Post by Captain Moroni »

HIDDENTREASURE, ONE MUST INSURE THAT HE JUDGES RIGHETOUSLY. Romney is fortunate I'm not his Bishop as I would have taken his TR from him if he didn't public say that JS was visited by God and that Moses wasn't the last person as he publicly stated on a Boston TV station. This testimony is a part of the TR questions!!!!