Deception on the Arizona Ballot

Discuss principles, issues, news and candidates related to upcoming elections and voting.
lundbaek
Level 34 Illuminated

Deception on the Arizona Ballot

Post by lundbaek »

Here locally in Arizona we will be asked to vote yes or no on ballot proposition 202 this coming November 4th. To make a long story short, Prop 202 is called "Stop Illegal Hiring" but it is a WOLF IN SHEEPS CLOTHING. Prop. 202 was created by the same Big Business groups that took our current Employer Sanctions Law to court 4 times and lost. So now they are trying to deceive the public and write their own law so they can basically hire illegals at no risk to themselves. If Prop. 202 passes, we basically lose the law we have worked so hard to get passed over the last two years. Don't be fooled by the title of prop. 202.

We don't have the big bucks to compete with big business on television, radio and signage, but hopefully the internet portion of our campaign we have put together will be effective in getting our message out.

VOTE NO on Prop 202
It's not what they say it is!
http://www.stopproposition202.com

Col. Flagg
Level 34 Illuminated

Re: Deception on the Arizona Ballot

Post by Col. Flagg »

This, IMO, has been the main push for the SPP (NAU) crap... cheap labor! Salaries and wages are typically an employer's largest expense, so what better way to trim that than by hiring people who are willing to work for beans? I'm not sure what has had more influence in Washington... the corporations or big oil?

Bircher
captain of 100

Re: Deception on the Arizona Ballot

Post by Bircher »

I don't know, I am just asking, but isn't e verify basically another version of the REAL ID? Aren't I now guilty of being an illegal until, through e-verify, I prove myself innocent?

Am I missing something?