Meet Gov. Sarah Palin, McCain's VP Pick

Discuss principles, issues, news and candidates related to upcoming elections and voting.
Mark
Level 34 Illuminated

Re: Meet Gov. Sarah Palin, McCain's VP Pick

Post by Mark »

George Washington owned 124 slaves, I would have not voted for him either.

Why am I not surprised Luci.

ROB GIBBSEN
captain of 100

Post by ROB GIBBSEN »

It's ok my spawn.....be comforted that I am seeking to do righteousness.

Mike Griffith
captain of 100

Post by Mike Griffith »

ROB GIBBSEN wrote:George Washington owned 124 slaves, I would have not voted for him either.
Political Correctness gone wild.

I guess you wouldn't have voted for Thomas Jefferson, James Madison, Patrick Henry, George Mason, and Benjamin Franklin either, since they owned slaves too.

ROB GIBBSEN
captain of 100

Post by ROB GIBBSEN »

Mike Griffith wrote:
ROB GIBBSEN wrote:George Washington owned 124 slaves, I would have not voted for him either.

I guess you wouldn't have voted for Thomas Jefferson, James Madison, Patrick Henry, George Mason, and Benjamin Franklin either, since they owned slaves too.
You can mock my values, but I will not change them because you do not approve.

ldsff
captain of 1,000

Post by ldsff »

Mike Griffith wrote: This guy is a propagandist.
The pot calling the kettle black!!!!

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Thanks for the laugh Mike Griffith.

Proud 2b Peculiar
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Proud 2b Peculiar »

Mike Griffith wrote:Here is another heart-warming, encouraging article about Sarah Palin:

Palin desires spiritual revival in Alaska
http://www.onenewsnow.com/Election2008/ ... ?id=239968

This lady is the real deal. She's a devout Christian and a fine conservative. I'm thrilled that she's the GOP VP nominee. Win or lose, she's in a position to be a major player in GOP politics from now on. If McCain wins, she will be the heir apparent for the GOP nomination in 2012 or 2016.

I think I have found our misunderstanding. You want a Conservative, I want a Constitutionalist.

Proud 2b Peculiar
Level 34 Illuminated

Mark wrote:My feeling here Mike is that it would not matter if McCain had picked George Washinton to be his VP. Those who dislike McCain would be trashing George right now because of his wig. Give the gal a fair shake here folks. Don't be like the far leftist types who trash anything or anyone that does not follow their drum beat. Does it always have to be all or nothing?
IS there a difference between right and wrong?

Either it is right or it is wrong.

If it is wrong, you better not support it just because there is eye candy to the side.

Proud 2b Peculiar
Level 34 Illuminated

Mike Griffith wrote:

George also released them all upon his death.

Proud 2b Peculiar
Level 34 Illuminated

ldsff wrote:
Mike Griffith wrote: This guy is a propagandist.
The pot calling the kettle black!!!!

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Thanks for the laugh Mike Griffith.

Mark
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Mark »

I think I have found our misunderstanding. You want a Conservative, I want a Constitutionalist.

I can appreciate your desires to return to strict constitutional govt here Love but I think we need to be realistic here in 2008 America. That return to strict constitutional govt would require some sacrifices and pain that people in the good ole USA are just not willing to give at this time.

I am willing to build any bridges with anyone out there who wants to see us preserve our moral foundations and God given rights. There are very powerful elements in the country who are working to destroy those foundations and turn us into their version of humanistic paradise. You have to pick your battles and do what you can to help in the preservation of these moral principles just like what the people of CA are doing on the Marriage amendment.

Once again I submit that The vast majority of folks in this country are not willing to give up their perks they receive as a result of this continual erosion of strict constitutional principles over the years but many of these same folks do desire to protect a Judeo/Christian value system that we were founded upon. You can either neutralize yourself in an all or nothing attitude of returning back to the strict constitutional govt. format and have no effect at this time on the direction of the country or you can take whatever victories are possible now in standing for moral principles and standing against the secular humanists who want to remove these religious moral principles from America.

Those like Palin are potential allies in this fight to preserve our God given rights and protect our moral foundations. Should we trash these potential allies because they do not follow our all or nothing attitude about strict constitutionalist govt? If we do so and refuse to unite with any morally minded people because they don't go far eneough in strict constitutionalism what have we really done to preserve these principles? The anti-Christ elements will just steamroll those who can't unite for the common cause of morality and virtue and protection of God given rights in this land. By uniting the so called silent majority or God fearing folks in a common cause we have a chance of not losing our country to the anti-Christ elements. In division we don't have a prayer. Believe me the anti-Christs are totally united in their cause.

Proud 2b Peculiar
Level 34 Illuminated

I will give you the fact that she is better then the major evils, but does that mean I vote for her? NO! Because she is in evil, cozying up to it, going to be the right hand woman.. um no. I cannot. And that is based on principles.

Now, someone has to be peculiar, that is going to be at least me.

I don't care if I look extreme, I don't care if I make false friends that I can use and manipulate to try to lessen the evil, I think that is the wrong way to go.

Sure, we can build bridges, but I am building towards freedom and not into the hell of tyranny. Looking extreme and coming across as extreme does awaken people. Look at Ron Paul, he seemed extreme, but when researched you find out, he is right.

Look at Christ, man he was a radical too.

Look at every true Latter-day Saint, man, they are WEIRD! They like want to dress modestly, and not have sex before marriage and so many things that make them so extreme!

So, I admit it, I am an extremist.

Call me uptight, call me paranoid, I don't care. I know the truth, and that is what I seek for, even if I stand alone with the storm a blowing at my face, I know the point is to endure to stand, to stand on correct principles. Someone has got to do it. Besides, how else will people wake up? How else will they realize how far we have fallen as a nation if there is no one openly dissenting from tyranny... so yeah, that is me.

After going through Ron Paul's Paulitics training and everything, I am done playing the middle of the road. I am going to aim for what I want, freedom, and after what I experienced in the caucus and conventions, I am not compromising, because we get what we have and worse. I can't do that to my children, my unborn/uncreated grandchildren, my neighbors, no one.

I cannot take it anymore, so I am not going to. I am not going to just sit there and let people lie or manipulate and not speak up.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zAxOLUKDF0M

Proud 2b Peculiar
Level 34 Illuminated

Might as well throw this in

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S3l0sBNBQBk

Ron Paul didn't compromise, that is why 1.2 million supported him. He stood on principle, and he still is not moved.

truthseeds
captain of 100

Post by truthseeds »

Proud 2b Peculiar wrote:Now, someone has to be peculiar, that is going to be at least me.
I am pleased to stand peculiarly with you, you radical person you. My wife and I were two of those radical 1.2 million freedom lovers. Americans and citizens the world over have compromised too much and for far too long and look where it has gotten us.
Mark wrote:I can appreciate your desires to return to strict constitutional govt here Love but I think we need to be realistic here in 2008 America. That return to strict constitutional govt would require some sacrifices and pain that people in the good ole USA are just not willing to give at this time.
That is true, that realistically most of the people are not ready, but they weren't ready when our founding father 'terrorists' lead the way either. The reality is that we will sacrifice much more if we don't return to our roots very soon, and Ron Paul acknowledges that this 'revolution' cannot occur overnight.

Let us not forget, that like BushII promising a humble foreign policy, no nation building etc...McBush / Palin are making statements / lies and manipulating the GOP base. They will say whatever it takes to get elected, just like Bush did.

lundbaek
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by lundbaek »

Right, but a highly successful business man and honourable priesthood holder with considerable leadership experience in the Church did muggy up to McCain & Co. So you better believe McCain is AOK.

Mark
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Mark »

Right, but a highly successful business man and honourable priesthood holder with considerable leadership experience in the Church did muggy up to McCain & Co. So you better believe McCain is AOK.

I'll bet you have a voodoo doll by your bed Lundbaek of this highly successful unnamed business man and you are sticking pins in it as we speak. :shock:

masterdmjg
captain of 100

Post by masterdmjg »

Mark wrote:

I'll bet you have a voodoo doll by your bed Lundbaek of this highly successful unnamed business man and you are sticking pins in it as we speak. :shock:
Mitt Romney is to Lundbaek as Income Taxes are to __________. Fill in the blank. Seems like about every thread now, no matter what the topic, the Evil Mitt Romney comes up somehow.

Proud 2b Peculiar
Level 34 Illuminated

Ya, and despite my best efforts, he keeps sending me emails, and letters, and showing up on youtube videos and a ton of places, spewing unconstitutional stuff!

"Yes, oh mighty one with the great hair, we must torture and detain our enemies forever and for no reason, because that is truly what a 'conservative' judge would do. Oh mighty good looking hair man, we now know because of your speech at the RNC that our judges are too liberal, because they think all mankind should have habeas corpus and a fair trial."

*end sarc*

lundbaek
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by lundbaek »

If I persist in doing something, you can be sure that I have a good reason for doing so.

O that thou mightest be like unto Congressman Ron Paul, firm and steadfast, and immovable in keeping the commandments of the Lord by adhering strictly to moral and constitutional principles.

O that thou mightest be like unto the LDS missionaries that go out into the world and fear not to speak of Joseph Smith having been spoken to by both God and Jesus Christ.

(Ref. 1 Nephi 2: 9 & 10)

Mark
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Mark »

If I persist in doing something, you can be assured that I have a good reason for doing so.

You have dementia? :cry:

TEST FOR DEMENTIA

Exercise of the brain is as important as exercise of the muscles. As we grow older, it's important that we keep mentally alert. The saying; "If you don't use it, you'll lose it," also applies to the brain. So, below is a private way to gauge your loss or non-loss of intelligence. Take the following test to determine if you are losing it or still "with it."

First, get out a piece of paper and a pen or pencil. Now, take a deep breath.....relax.....clear your mind, and..... answer the following questions...

Don't cheat. Answer the questions before you scroll down to the answers. You maybe surprised.

1. What do you put in a toaster?
> >>
> >>
> >>
> >>
> >>
> >>
> >>
> >>
Answer: You put "Bread" in a toaster.
If you said "toast," then maybe you should give up now and go do something else. But, try not to hurt yourself.
If you said, "Bread," then go to Question #2.

2. Say "silk" five times. Then, spell "silk" three times. Then, answer this question...What do cows drink?
> >>
> >>
> >>
> >>
> >>
> >>
> >>
> >>
> >>
Answer: Cows drink "Water"
If you said "milk," maybe you should'nt attempt the next question. Your brain is obviously over stressed and may even overheat. It may be that you need to be content with reading something more appropriate, such as "Children's World."
However, if you said "Water," please proceed to question #3.

3. If a red house is made from red bricks, and a blue house is made from blue bricks, and a pink house is made from pink bricks, and a black house is made from black bricks, what is a green house made from?
> >>
> >>
> >>
> >>
> >>
> >>
> >>
> >>
> >>
Answer: A greenhouse is made from "glass."
If you said, "green bricks," what the devil are you still doing reading these questions?
But, if you said "glass," then proceed to Question #4.

4. In 1980, a plane was flying at 20,000 feet over Germany. Germany at the time, was politically divided into two sections... West Germany and East Germany. During the flight, TWO of the planes engines fail. The pilot, realizing that the last remaining engine is also failing, decides to attempt an emergency landing. Unfortunately, the third engine fails before he has time to attempt the emergency landing, and the plane crashes smack in the middle of "no man's land," between East Germany and West Germany. Where would you bury the survivors...East Germany, West Germany or in the middle of "no man's land"?
> >>
> >>
> >>
> >>
> >>
> >>
> >>
> >>
> >>
Answer: You don't bury survivors.
If you said ANYTHING else, please promise yourself that you will NEVER try and rescue anyone from a plane crash. Your efforts would not be appreciated.
If you said, "You don't bury survivors," then proceed to question #5.

5. If the hour hand on a clock moves 1/60 of a degree every minute, how many degrees will the hour hand move in one hour?
> >>
> >>
> >>
> >>
> >>
> >>
> >>
> >>
> >>
Answer: One degree.
If you said, "360 degrees" or anything other than "one degree," you are to be congratulated on getting this far, but you are obviously out of your league.
Put down your paper, turn in your pen or pencil, and exit the room.
Everyone else proceed to the final question.
Note: Use of a calculator for the following question is forbidden. 6. You are driving a bus from London to Milford Haven in Wales. In London, 17 people board the bus. In Reading, six people get off the bus, and nine people get on. In Swindon, two people get off the bus and four people get on. In Cardiff, 11 people get off the bus and 16 people get on. In Swansea, three people get off the bus and five people get on. In Carmathen, six people get off the bus and three people get on. The bus finally arrives at Milford Haven.

What was the name of the bus driver?
> >>
> >>
> >>
> >>
> >>
> >>
> >>
> >>
> >>
> >>
Answer: Oh, for crying out loud, don't you remember? YOU are the driver of the bus!!

Proud 2b Peculiar
Level 34 Illuminated

LOL I would have buried the survivors darn it LOL

ROB GIBBSEN
captain of 100

Post by ROB GIBBSEN »

I just think if no unclean thing can enter to the Kingdom of God why should I compromise with counterfeit leaders and principles. This life is a test and I am not worried about short term or long term consequences that happen in this life if I make my choices according to the knowledge that I do have right now. I am trying to have an eternal view of my choices just not a lifetime view.

So with the knowledge I have a testimony about I feel I am making a good decision to expose a counterfeit when I see one.

If it looks like I am trashing a political leader, I am not, I am just exposing their works of darkness so others will not be lead astray.

Proud 2b Peculiar
Level 34 Illuminated

Good for you Rob, you should change your pic to Captain Moroni now. :)

ROB GIBBSEN
captain of 100

Post by ROB GIBBSEN »

Proud 2b Peculiar wrote:Good for you Rob, you should change your pic to Captain Moroni now. :)
I am a bit of a tease.............I rather have Michael Ballam picture for that. Even I would be offended if Moroni came out and start teasing me.....however with Michael Ballam trying to teasing me, I would roll my eyes and put my arm to the square and move on

ROB GIBBSEN
captain of 100

Post by ROB GIBBSEN »

Palin, Politics, Family Values, Priorities & Compromise - Are you, too, part of the problem?

I don’t care what you call yourself: libertarian, conservative, liberal, constitutionalist, pragmatist, realist…you are part of the problem: If you hold any government position in which you utilize the threat of the force of the government to make people comply. If you are part of any agency or department which regulates the people. If you join the school board for your local public schools. If you play any part in tax collection. If you are part of any government entity which takes away the liberty of the people to live their life as they please if they are harming no other. The list goes on…

http://christinesmith.us/wordpress/

ROB GIBBSEN
captain of 100

Post by ROB GIBBSEN »

Palin Billed State for Nights Spent at Home
Taxpayers Also Funded Family's Travel

ANCHORAGE, Sept. 8 -- Alaska Gov. Sarah Palin has billed taxpayers for 312 nights spent in her own home during her first 19 months in office, charging a "per diem" allowance intended to cover meals and incidental expenses while traveling on state business.

The governor also has charged the state for travel expenses to take her children on official out-of-town missions. And her husband, Todd, has billed the state for expenses and a daily allowance for trips he makes on official business for his wife.

Palin, who earns $125,000 a year, claimed and received $16,951 as her allowance, which officials say was permitted because her official "duty station" is Juneau, according to an analysis of her travel documents by The Washington Post.

The governor's daughters and husband charged the state $43,490 to travel, and many of the trips were between their house in Wasilla and Juneau, the capital city 600 miles away, the documents show.

Gubernatorial spokeswoman Sharon Leighow said Monday that Palin's expenses are not unusual and that, under state policy, the first family could have claimed per diem expenses for each child taken on official business but has not done so.

Before she became the Republican Party's vice presidential nominee, Palin was little known outside Alaska. Now, with the campaign emphasizing her executive experience, her record as mayor of Wasilla, as a state oil-and-gas commissioner and as governor is receiving intense scrutiny.

During her speech at the Republican National Convention last week, Palin cast herself as a crusader for fiscal rectitude as Alaska's governor. She noted that she sold a state-owned plane used by the former governor. "While I was at it, I got rid of a few things in the governor's office that I didn't believe our citizens should have to pay for," she said to loud applause.

Speaking from Palin's Anchorage office, Leighow said Palin dealt with the plane and also trimmed other expenses, including forgoing a chef in the governor's mansion because she preferred to cook for her family. The first family's travel is an expected part of the job, she said.

"As a matter of protocol, the governor and the first family are expected to attend community events across the state," she said. "It's absolutely reasonable that the first family participates in community events."

The state finance director, Kim Garnero, said Alaska law exempts the governor's office from elaborate travel regulations. Said Leighow: "The governor is entitled to a per diem, and she claims it."

The popular governor collected the per diem allowance from April 22, four days after the birth of her fifth child, until June 3, when she flew to Juneau for two days. Palin moved her family to the capital during the legislative session last year, but prefers to stay in Wasilla and drive 45 miles to Anchorage to a state office building where she conducts most of her business, aides have said.

Palin rarely sought reimbursement for meals while staying in Anchorage or Wasilla, the reports show............................

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/co ... 325&s_pos=