Hello

Tell us about yourself...
On The Fringe
captain of 50

Hello

Post by On The Fringe »

Aloha,

I've been lurking on this forum for a few years now and finally thought that I should make an account since I come here often enough. A few days ago I found a topic and really wanted to add to the discussion so here I am (can't find that topic anymore haha - there's enough that are interesting though!).

As my username suggests (On The Fringe), I consider myself as belonging more on the fringes of the LDS Church.

I'm not sure if it's allowed to post beliefs and the such that are contrary to things the Church teaches (I feel like I've seen that kind of stuff deleted and the such before - if it's not allowed I won't talk about it further than this post), but my intentions when talking about my strange beliefs aren't to create ill will or persuade someone to my beliefs... more to foster understanding. My beliefs are not set in stone - I have not ever talked with God face to face - I think it would be quite stupid of me to have a belief so rigid that I am unwilling to compromise or change it in any way or fashion.

In that same manner though, I do strongly believe what I believe. It hasn't come to me easy, nothing about my spiritual journey has been. There are times where I would almost like to take away that pain I have experienced - but I wouldn't. That pain has been essential to making me the person that I am - someone who is going to kick butt (in the process of kicking said butt) and make a change in the world (yes, I am in the age group that is considered to be a 'milennial', although I consider my real age to be much higher).

I don't belong outside the LDS Church - but I haven't yet experienced a sense of belonging within it either. I'm hoping to be able to find a little more of that here.

Hopefully this all makes sense, I am staying up far later than I should.

Cheers!

Elizabeth
Level 34 Illuminated

Re: Hello

Post by Elizabeth »

Hi :)

Yahtzee
captain of 100

Post by Yahtzee »

I believe there's nothing write like healthy dialogue to foster understanding.
The problem on the internet is when it becomes unhealthy ;-), but you seem fully aware of that.
I lurked for a while too and still don't post much, but it's good to come out of the shadows.
Welcome!!!

Rose Garden
Don't ask . . .

Post by Rose Garden »

I don't see anything contrary in your post. Did I miss something?

Welcome!

BeNotDeceived
Agent38

Post by BeNotDeceived »

Salutations is how Charlotte's Web opens, and seems appropriate to our situation.

Speaking of openings, my eyes have been opened wider than ever by diverse perspectives shared here.

Thank you for saying "said butt". :ymparty:

On The Fringe
captain of 50

Post by On The Fringe »

Meili wrote: April 7th, 2017, 8:04 am I don't see anything contrary in your post. Did I miss something?

Welcome!
Thanks everyone for the welcome!

I didn't post anything contrary as I hadn't found the rules of the forum when I wrote it. Wasn't sure if that was allowed or whatnot. I have since found the rules and they're pretty simple. Not sure if I'm ready to share too many of my views yet but as I get more used to the forum I anticipate I will.

Rose Garden
Don't ask . . .

Post by Rose Garden »

On The Fringe wrote: April 9th, 2017, 11:41 am
Meili wrote: April 7th, 2017, 8:04 am I don't see anything contrary in your post. Did I miss something?

Welcome!
Thanks everyone for the welcome!

I didn't post anything contrary as I hadn't found the rules of the forum when I wrote it. Wasn't sure if that was allowed or whatnot. I have since found the rules and they're pretty simple. Not sure if I'm ready to share too many of my views yet but as I get more used to the forum I anticipate I will.
I've found that being kind and considerate is far more important than what you post.