Hello Everyone, Newbie Here

Tell us about yourself...
Oursacredheritage
captain of 10

Hello Everyone, Newbie Here

Post by Oursacredheritage »

Hi There Everyone!

I've been looking through a lot of the posts here and have decided to take the plunge. A little about me: I joined the church at age 21, 15 years ago as well as my wife. We met at Institute each of us only being converts for one year. I have always been a bookworm/truth seeker which is how I found the church (the book of Mormon) since then I have tried to read and learn everything I could get my hands on. Before joining the church I found it quite difficult to find good books that rang true to me, after joining the church it was like a great ocean of truth was before me ready to be gobbled up. (I found gospelink and was like a kid in a candy store). I am a staunch liberty lover and believe one of our many purposes here is to help ensure that this earth remains a place where folks can have unencumbered moral agency, which seems to be constantly attacked on all fronts. I currently live in the Denver area but plan on moving to the Orem area soon with my wife and 4 kids. Currently my wife homeschools our children with the Latterday Learning Curriculum and the thought of our children being able to attend the American Heritage School is one of the reasons for us making the move. I am certainly looking forward to this new chapter in life. :D :D :D

BrotherOfMahonri
captain of 1,000

Re: Hello Everyone, Newbie Here

Post by BrotherOfMahonri »

Sounds like a dream come true to your family. We are in Provo, homeschool our 6 kids (1 boy 5 girls), bought the American Heritage Curriculum for home use, and have similar freedom-inspired spiritual pullings. Hope your move goes well, happy to be a help here in the valley if you need someone when you come this way (if we haven't moved from Utah valley by then). Feel free to PM (private message) us.

kennyhs
captain of 1,000

Post by kennyhs »

Oursacredheritage wrote:Hi There Everyone!

I've been looking through a lot of the posts here and have decided to take the plunge. A little about me: I joined the church at age 21, 15 years ago as well as my wife. We met at Institute each of us only being converts for one year. I have always been a bookworm/truth seeker which is how I found the church (the book of Mormon) since then I have tried to read and learn everything I could get my hands on. Before joining the church I found it quite difficult to find good books that rang true to me, after joining the church it was like a great ocean of truth was before me ready to be gobbled up. (I found gospelink and was like a kid in a candy store). I am a staunch liberty lover and believe one of our many purposes here is to help ensure that this earth remains a place where folks can have unencumbered moral agency, which seems to be constantly attacked on all fronts. I currently live in the Denver area but plan on moving to the Orem area soon with my wife and 4 kids. Currently my wife homeschools our children with the Latterday Learning Curriculum and the thought of our children being able to attend the American Heritage School is one of the reasons for us making the move. I am certainly looking forward to this new chapter in life. :D :D :D
Isn't it wonderful to find the truth!! Converts intrigue me, I don't know if I hadn't been born in the Church, that I would have recognized the value
of it. Could it be that's why the Lord sent me to a member home? Welcome

Elizabeth
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Elizabeth »

:) Hello. I am also a convert, I was almost 26 when the missionaries came to my door.

Matchmaker
captain of 1,000

Post by Matchmaker »

Welcome! You will enjoy living in Utah Valley. You will be surrounded by many like-minded people.

Oursacredheritage
captain of 10

Post by Oursacredheritage »

Thank you all for the comments. I have found it pretty difficult to find folks here in the Denver area that is awake to the problems that we face. It will be quite refreshing to have conversations with those that are. Usually here I get looked at like I'm from another planet @-) @-)