Introduction

Tell us about yourself...
Joshua
captain of 100

Introduction

Post by Joshua »

Hello everyone,

I found this site while searching for a Mormon forum and after lurking for a bit I have decided to join. I am originally from Maine but now live in a suburb just north of Atlanta, Ga.

My religious background is the Old Catholic Church. The OCC is not well known in the U.S., but the short form is that when Pope Pius IX erroneously declared himself and all other Popes infallible in 1869, several of the already mostly independent Catholic bishops from northern Europe said "nope" and formally left the Roman Church. So when the Romans say that the doctrine of infallibility was universally agreed upon, they are not telling the whole truth, because the bishops who disagreed had already left Vatican City.
Unlike the Romans, we use a 66 book bible, though the additional books are considered okay for general study, and we do not worship Mary or the other Saints.
I have had a great deal of respect for Mormons, and as a lifelong prepper and gun enthusiast I find myself agreeing with many values taught by the Mormon Church. For the last few years I have felt a gentle tug at my heartstrings from the Book of Mormon, and after doing a great deal of research, I found that the Mormon Church actually shares a lot of teachings and values with the OCC, and so I have finally decided to get my feet wet.

To The Moderators
: I have been a member at a few other religious forums and so I completely understand the suspicion that moderators might have for people coming to the forum from other faiths. I wholeheartedly promise that I am not here to proselytize or to declare Mormons to be evil or anything like that. I am genuinely interested in the Mormon faith and I chose this forum because it seems that many of the people have a lot of the same values that I do, and so I felt like this would be a great place for me to explore the feelings that tend to stay hidden in the depths of my soul.

I look forward to learning from you all,
-Joshua

Robert Sinclair
Level 34 Illuminated

Re: Introduction

Post by Robert Sinclair »

As it is written, seek and ye shall find. I wish you well on your journey to find and be enlightened. The Book of Mormon, as a second witness of Jesus Christ from the descendants of Joseph who was sold by his brethren and carried away into Egypt, will help you to be confounded no more on how to treat the poor, as taught by Jesus Christ. The records of the House of Judah being the Bible, and the records of the House of Joseph, joined into one record, or stick, as you read in Ezekiel 37:15 on. Enjoy.♡

Rose Garden
Don't ask . . .

Post by Rose Garden »

Joshua wrote:Hello everyone,

I found this site while searching for a Mormon forum and after lurking for a bit I have decided to join. I am originally from Maine but now live in a suburb just north of Atlanta, Ga.

My religious background is the Old Catholic Church. The OCC is not well known in the U.S., but the short form is that when Pope Pius IX erroneously declared himself and all other Popes infallible in 1869, several of the already mostly independent Catholic bishops from northern Europe said "nope" and formally left the Roman Church. So when the Romans say that the doctrine of infallibility was universally agreed upon, they are not telling the whole truth, because the bishops who disagreed had already left Vatican City.
Unlike the Romans, we use a 66 book bible, though the additional books are considered okay for general study, and we do not worship Mary or the other Saints.
I have had a great deal of respect for Mormons, and as a lifelong prepper and gun enthusiast I find myself agreeing with many values taught by the Mormon Church. For the last few years I have felt a gentle tug at my heartstrings from the Book of Mormon, and after doing a great deal of research, I found that the Mormon Church actually shares a lot of teachings and values with the OCC, and so I have finally decided to get my feet wet.

To The Moderators
: I have been a member at a few other religious forums and so I completely understand the suspicion that moderators might have for people coming to the forum from other faiths. I wholeheartedly promise that I am not here to proselytize or to declare Mormons to be evil or anything like that. I am genuinely interested in the Mormon faith and I chose this forum because it seems that many of the people have a lot of the same values that I do, and so I felt like this would be a great place for me to explore the feelings that tend to stay hidden in the depths of my soul.

I look forward to learning from you all,
-Joshua
Welcome!

There are enough Mormons on here calling each other evil that no one will notice if you start in, too. Still, nice to know you intend to be friendly. :) Hope you stick around and share lots of insights!

mes5464
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by mes5464 »

Welcome

Robin Hood
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Robin Hood »

Welcome to the forum and to the faith.

angelanavejas
Hi, I'm new.