We will go to Utah on Mar 17 2016

Tell us about yourself...
moroni316
Hi, I'm new.

We will go to Utah on Mar 17 2016

Post by moroni316 »

My wife and I will participate in general conference next year, We Will stay in Utah about 20 days.

We are so excited, even though our English is poor.( We are from Taiwan, mandarin is our first language.)

We hope someone can tell us, Where is the Asia Ward(or the ward speak mandarin) in Salt Lake City?

My wife and I are retired (planning to be a couple missionary), we also like to be volunteers in MTC(Provo,let missionary practice Chinese), If they need.

We know that many missionary in Taiwan are from Utah, They can speak Chinese very will.

We like DI very much, If someone can tell us the location of DI (Salt Lake City or Provo or near by), We are deeply appreciated. :))

Elizabeth
Level 34 Illuminated

Re: We will go to Utah on Mar 17 2016

Post by Elizabeth »

Hope you have a safe and enjoyable trip. :)

davedan
captain of 1,000

Post by davedan »

Salt Lake 6th Ward (Chinese)
First Stake Center
470 South Mario Capecchi Drive
Salt Lake City, UT 84113

moroni316
Hi, I'm new.

Post by moroni316 »

Elizabeth wrote:Hope you have a safe and enjoyable trip. :)
THANK YOU!

moroni316
Hi, I'm new.

Post by moroni316 »

davedan wrote:Salt Lake 6th Ward (Chinese)
First Stake Center
470 South Mario Capecchi Drive
Salt Lake City, UT 84113
That's a BIG HELP, Thank You.

Obrien
Up, up and away.

Post by Obrien »

I hope you enjoy your trip, moroni316. Utah can be really beautiful in the spring.

moroni316
Hi, I'm new.

Post by moroni316 »

Obrien wrote:I hope you enjoy your trip, moroni316. Utah can be really beautiful in the spring.
YES! Every time I saw the Church General Conference Broadcasting in our ward, That's very beautiful around temple, many flower, many friendly people.

Some missionaries serving in Taoyuan told us some place we can go, like national park, forest park...., that excited us.

Thank you.

BrotherOfMahonri
captain of 1,000

Post by BrotherOfMahonri »

Watch the weather. If it rains endlessly such that Utah becomes greener earlier, and lusher than average, just be sure that you stick close to the ward you are visiting, as you may need to find temporal salvation with a potential earthquake, flooding, and possible fire from the sky, that God is giving many dreams and visions about. I do not know the exact timing, but I do know it is coming soon.

freedomforall
Gnolaum ∞

Post by freedomforall »

BrotherOfMahonri wrote:Watch the weather. If it rains endlessly such that Utah becomes greener earlier, and lusher than average, just be sure that you stick close to the ward you are visiting, as you may need to find temporal salvation with a potential earthquake, flooding, and possible fire from the sky, that God is giving many dreams and visions about. I do not know the exact timing, but I do know it is coming soon.
Why the negative output used for "goose bump gang" style input? Unless someone is clairvoyant, this type of nonsense is not necessary. And I'm rather certain the author of this thread could have gone a long time without having to deal with unwarranted, unsubstantiated, near futuristic rhetoric meant to scare.

BrotherOfMahonri
captain of 1,000

freedomforall wrote:
BrotherOfMahonri wrote:Watch the weather. If it rains endlessly such that Utah becomes greener earlier, and lusher than average, just be sure that you stick close to the ward you are visiting, as you may need to find temporal salvation with a potential earthquake, flooding, and possible fire from the sky, that God is giving many dreams and visions about. I do not know the exact timing, but I do know it is coming soon.
Why the negative output used for "goose bump gang" style input? Unless someone is clairvoyant, this type of nonsense is not necessary. And I'm rather certain the author of this thread could have gone a long time without having to deal with unwarranted, unsubstantiated, near futuristic rhetoric meant to scare.
Did you take my sharing what I did as negative? Are you not supposed to take all from the positive so as to not be offended? Were you offended? Did you pray about it? Have you prayed about it. Am I the only one who has ever told of dreams and visions of these things to come? Wouldn't any member of the church who has read the scriptures want to know of the "sons and daughters" prophesying, dreaming, etc.? Isn't that the fruit of the gospel? Goose bump gang style? I am unfamiliar with such?

What made Samuel the Lamanite Clairvoyant to the saints of his time? Did he need be called of the leaders so you might think he was authorized and clairvoyant? What about Lehi, was he in need to pass some standard by the saints of his days to be clairvoyant, or was he just a negative voice on the Jerusalem-freedom forum of his day? I thought it was the spirit that can tell us what is clairvoyant and what is not? Do we need the brethren to tell us what is clairvoyant? What has the spirit shown you as to what is clairvoyant with the things we are to watch for in the near future?

Maybe I should have just quoted some all is well in zion talks, or maybe some talks on preparedness? that would have maybe been seen as not so goose bumpy gangly style?, or better I should have quoted Samuel the Lamanite, or Nephi (Helaman 10), or Abinadi - that would have been taken differently by you?

I would be one of the first to lovingly welcome such a visitor in person - but I would also be the first as a friend to speak up, and to tell you or anyone to be ready for something the Lord has shown me will be coming possibly when this person visits - all for their benefit, safety, and ultimately salvation - not some goose bump thrill ride.

As to the "unwarranted, unsubstantiated, near futuristic rhetoric meant to scare." you are assuming at best and do err, unless you want to show me scripture where messengers of God warn the people and do not fit your offended state of the "goose bump gang".

durangout
captain of 1,000

Post by durangout »

[quote="BrotherOfMahonri"]Watch the weather. If it rains endlessly such that Utah becomes greener earlier, and lusher than average, just be sure that you stick close to the ward you are visiting, as you may need to find temporal salvation with a potential earthquake, flooding, and possible fire from the sky, that God is giving many dreams and visions about. I do not know the exact timing, but I do know it is coming soon.[/quo

That's some prophesy--LOL.

BrotherOfMahonri
captain of 1,000

durangout wrote:
BrotherOfMahonri wrote:Watch the weather. If it rains endlessly such that Utah becomes greener earlier, and lusher than average, just be sure that you stick close to the ward you are visiting, as you may need to find temporal salvation with a potential earthquake, flooding, and possible fire from the sky, that God is giving many dreams and visions about. I do not know the exact timing, but I do know it is coming soon.[/quo

That's some prophesy--LOL.
Fools mock, don't be one that morns. The spirit can be your guide in all things like this. I however wonder if you appeal to the spirit or to the humor-ill-inspired bone you often respond with in mocking tones throughout the fruits of your pathways on this LDSFF. I do believe you are sincere in your mocking however, you have established as much.

Signs are given to help people know when things are about to come to pass. Lots of rain is the sign I speak to from what I've been shown. Timing is in the Lord's hands.
Last edited by BrotherOfMahonri on December 16th, 2015, 10:45 am, edited 1 time in total.

durangout
captain of 1,000

Post by durangout »

Jesus mocked (gasp) the apostate Jews repeatedly--mocking can often be the the appropriate and acceptable response.

BrotherOfMahonri
captain of 1,000

durangout wrote:Jesus mocked (gasp) the apostate Jews repeatedly--mocking can often be the the appropriate and acceptable response.
Absolutely, when done in the spirit of Christ - are you stating you are a prophet then? Are you stating you have the spirit of prophecy to suggest that your mocking comes of God?

samizdat
captain of 1,000

Post by samizdat »

moroni316 wrote:My wife and I will participate in general conference next year, We Will stay in Utah about 20 days.

We are so excited, even though our English is poor.( We are from Taiwan, mandarin is our first language.)

We hope someone can tell us, Where is the Asia Ward(or the ward speak mandarin) in Salt Lake City?

My wife and I are retired (planning to be a couple missionary), we also like to be volunteers in MTC(Provo,let missionary practice Chinese), If they need.

We know that many missionary in Taiwan are from Utah, They can speak Chinese very will.

We like DI very much, If someone can tell us the location of DI (Salt Lake City or Provo or near by), We are deeply appreciated. :))
There are four Chinese wards in Utah. Two in Provo, one in Logan, and one in Salt Lake.

This should help you: https://www.lds.org/maps/?x=find#ll=40. ... ese:157899" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

And this: http://tylerthorsted.com/ldschinese/asi ... e-of-asia/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

freedomforall
Gnolaum ∞

Post by freedomforall »

BrotherOfMahonri wrote:
freedomforall wrote:
Did you take my sharing what I did as negative? Are you not supposed to take all from the positive so as to not be offended? Were you offended? Did you pray about it? Have you prayed about it. Am I the only one who has ever told of dreams and visions of these things to come? Wouldn't any member of the church who has read the scriptures want to know of the "sons and daughters" prophesying, dreaming, etc.? Isn't that the fruit of the gospel? Goose bump gang style? I am unfamiliar with such?

What made Samuel the Lamanite Clairvoyant to the saints of his time? Did he need be called of the leaders so you might think he was authorized and clairvoyant? What about Lehi, was he in need to pass some standard by the saints of his days to be clairvoyant, or was he just a negative voice on the Jerusalem-freedom forum of his day? I thought it was the spirit that can tell us what is clairvoyant and what is not? Do we need the brethren to tell us what is clairvoyant? What has the spirit shown you as to what is clairvoyant with the things we are to watch for in the near future?

Maybe I should have just quoted some all is well in zion talks, or maybe some talks on preparedness? that would have maybe been seen as not so goose bumpy gangly style?, or better I should have quoted Samuel the Lamanite, or Nephi (Helaman 10), or Abinadi - that would have been taken differently by you?

I would be one of the first to lovingly welcome such a visitor in person - but I would also be the first as a friend to speak up, and to tell you or anyone to be ready for something the Lord has shown me will be coming possibly when this person visits - all for their benefit, safety, and ultimately salvation - not some goose bump thrill ride.

As to the "unwarranted, unsubstantiated, near futuristic rhetoric meant to scare." you are assuming at best and do err, unless you want to show me scripture where messengers of God warn the people and do not fit your offended state of the "goose bump gang".
Let's agree that you're only regurgitating what we can read in scripture in the first place. And as Durangout stated this so called warning has no "Thus saith the Lord" urgency to it. Anyone can predict calamities and pretty well be on target, plus or minus 50 years.
If someone wants to claim a divine calling, let him reveal a new prophecy that has never been heard by any church member before. Or state an amendment to any existing prophecy or gospel truth that no member has ever heard before, including the church High leadership on both counts.
God says that if we're prepared we need not fear. We're also told to wait upon the Lord. So...the goose bump antics is not necessary for those prepared. Why we've been told ever since the turn of the nineteenth century to have a subsistence on hand for emergencies.
I have prepared for bad days the best I can, now I wait upon the Lord to make his move.

Psalms 37:9
9 For evildoers shall be cut off: but those that wait upon the Lord, they shall inherit the earth.

Isaiah 40:31
31 But they that wait upon the Lord shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings as eagles; they shall run, and not be weary; and they shall walk, and not faint.

Zephaniah 3:8
8 ¶Therefore wait ye upon me, saith the Lord, until the day that I rise up to the prey: for my determination is to gather the nations, that I may assemble the kingdoms, to pour upon them mine indignation, even all my fierce anger: for all the earth shall be devoured with the fire of my jealousy.

D&C 133:44-
44 Yea, when thou comest down, and the mountains flow down at thy presence, thou shalt meet him who rejoiceth and worketh righteousness, who remembereth thee in thy ways.
45 For since the beginning of the world have not men heard nor perceived by the ear, neither hath any eye seen, O God, besides thee, how great things thou hast prepared for him that waiteth for thee.
46 And it shall be said: Who is this that cometh down from God in heaven with dyed garments; yea, from the regions which are not known, clothed in his glorious apparel, traveling in the greatness of his strength?
47 And he shall say: I am he who spake in righteousness, mighty to save.
48 And the Lord shall be red in his apparel, and his garments like him that treadeth in the wine-vat.
49 And so great shall be the glory of his presence that the sun shall hide his face in shame, and the moon shall withhold its light, and the stars shall be hurled from their places.
50 And his voice shall be heard: I have trodden the wine-press alone, and have brought judgment upon all people; and none were with me;

So we see here that it is when Christ comes down out of the clouds, this is when the earth shakes, the stars fall and the sun and moon darken because of his presence.

freedomforall
Gnolaum ∞

Post by freedomforall »

So what happened to moroni316?

David13
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by David13 »

moroni316
You are going to love Temple Square and the Conference. I was there for the last Conference Oct. 3 and 4.
There was a little rain, but otherwise it was beautiful.
dc

durangout
captain of 1,000

Post by durangout »

"This is something that is recurring time and time again, and we call upon you holders of the priesthood to stamp out any such and to set to flight all such things as are creeping in, people rising up here and there who have had some 'marvelous' kind of a manifestation, as they claim, and who try to lead the people in a course that has not been dictated from the heads of the Church.

"As I say, it never ceases to amaze me how gullible some of our Church members are in broadcasting these sensational stories, or dreams, or visions, some alleged to have been given to Church leaders, past or present, supposedly from some person’s private diary, without first verifying the report with proper Church authorities." Harold B Lee

freedomforall
Gnolaum ∞

Post by freedomforall »

Alma 12:9
9 And now Alma began to expound these things unto him, saying: It is given unto many to know the mysteries of God; nevertheless they are laid under a strict command that they shall not impart only according to the portion of his word which he doth grant unto the children of men, according to the heed and diligence which they give unto him.

Amos 3:7
7 Surely the Lord God will do nothing, but he revealeth his secret unto his servants the prophets.

1 Cor 14:3
3 But he that prophesieth speaketh unto men to edification, and exhortation, and comfort.

So these visionaries should run in second or third place behind the servants of the Lord in getting any information from God on the goings on of future events. When someone comes along and proclaims something not known by church leadership and not to our edification, exhortation or comfort, a red flag goes up.

A Random Phrase
Follower of Christ
Location: Staring at my computer, not sure whether to laugh or cry.

Post by A Random Phrase »

freedomforall wrote:So what happened to moroni316?
He left because you guys were bickering. I hope he comes back and finds the posts where people were actually answering his questions.

Moroni316, it can rain a lot in the spring in Salt Lake, but that doesn't mean it does every year (in fact, it may rain a whole lot more in the summer). The flowers on temple square are beautiful because of the gardeners' hard work.

I doubt you'll see the stuff BrotherOfMahonri talked about. It may come at some point, but probably not for a while (the people in SLC have to kick out the righteous to be truly ripe for destruction, according to the scriptures. I don't see that happening right now).

I hope you enjoy your visit to Salt Lake and to this country. :ymhug:

freedomforall
Gnolaum ∞

Post by freedomforall »

A Random Phrase wrote:
He left because you guys were bickering. I hope he comes back and finds the posts where people were actually answering his questions.

Moroni316, it can rain a lot in the spring in Salt Lake, but that doesn't mean it does every year (in fact, it may rain a whole lot more in the summer). The flowers on temple square are beautiful because of the gardeners' hard work.

I doubt you'll see the stuff BrotherOfMahonri talked about. It may come at some point, but probably not for a while (the people in SLC have to kick out the righteous to be truly ripe for destruction, according to the scriptures. I don't see that happening right now).

It may have seemed that I was bickering. I merely thought it was totally uncalled for for someone to post end time events as if we'ed never heard it before and he was the first person to ever become aware of it. Plus it had nothing to do with this family visiting Utah. So what if something happens, at least these people can see it as a natural occurrence instead of a doom and gloom, timed event where everyone should have had the bug-out bags on their person.
What's wrong with a little compassion and cordial greeting?
It's like telling someone "be careful if you're planning to go to Florida in July next year, there is sure to be a massive sinkhole occur in the center of the Disney World Park at 3:00 Pm. on Thursday the 21st." And nothing happens. This is why I do not care for the "Goose Bump Gang", too much sensationalism and little to no accuracy.
If we prepare ourselves, God will help protect his sheep wherever they are. The parable of the Ten Virgins is about to come to pass tomorrow at a date and time only God knows. Our call is to wait upon the Lord.

I hope moroni316 and family will have a pleasant time in SLC.

SmallFarm
captain of 1,000

Post by SmallFarm »

freedomforall wrote:
A Random Phrase wrote:

It may have seemed that I was bickering. I merely thought it was totally uncalled for for someone to post end time events as if we'ed never heard it before and he was the first person to ever become aware of it. Plus it had nothing to do with this family visiting Utah. So what if something happens, at least these people can see it as a natural occurrence instead of a doom and gloom, timed event where everyone should have had the bug-out bags on their person.
What's wrong with a little compassion and cordial greeting?
It's like telling someone "be careful if you're planning to go to Florida in July next year, there is sure to be a massive sinkhole occur in the center of the Disney World Park at 3:00 Pm. on Thursday the 21st." And nothing happens. This is why I do not care for the "Goose Bump Gang", too much sensationalism and little to no accuracy.
If we prepare ourselves, God will help protect his sheep wherever they are. The parable of the Ten Virgins is about to come to pass tomorrow at a date and time only God knows. Our call is to wait upon the Lord.

I hope moroni316 and family will have a pleasant time in SLC.
Every time someone says they're going to Wyoming, Idaho or Montana my mom will bring up the super-volcano :p

zionminded
captain of 1,000

Post by zionminded »

moroni316 wrote:My wife and I will participate in general conference next year, We Will stay in Utah about 20 days.

I have a Taiwanese friend here to connect with you, if you need somebody. She is wonderful.

A Random Phrase
Follower of Christ
Location: Staring at my computer, not sure whether to laugh or cry.

Post by A Random Phrase »

freedomforall wrote: Plus it had nothing to do with this family visiting Utah.
Yes, a total threadjack. I think it would be difficult to find the posts answering the original questions because of (what looked to me like) bickering posts.
freedomforall wrote:It's like telling someone "be careful if you're planning to go to Florida in July next year, there is sure to be a massive sinkhole occur in the center of the Disney World Park at 3:00 Pm. on Thursday the 21st." And nothing happens.
:-BD
freedomforall wrote:I hope moroni316 and family will have a pleasant time in SLC.
So do I.