Tell us about yourself...
Rose Garden
Don't ask . . .

Re: We will go to Utah on Mar 17 2016

Post by Rose Garden »

SmallFarm wrote:
freedomforall wrote:
A Random Phrase wrote:
freedomforall wrote:So what happened to moroni316?
He left because you guys were bickering. I hope he comes back and finds the posts where people were actually answering his questions.

Moroni316, it can rain a lot in the spring in Salt Lake, but that doesn't mean it does every year (in fact, it may rain a whole lot more in the summer). The flowers on temple square are beautiful because of the gardeners' hard work.

I doubt you'll see the stuff BrotherOfMahonri talked about. It may come at some point, but probably not for a while (the people in SLC have to kick out the righteous to be truly ripe for destruction, according to the scriptures. I don't see that happening right now).

I hope you enjoy your visit to Salt Lake and to this country. :ymhug:
It may have seemed that I was bickering. I merely thought it was totally uncalled for for someone to post end time events as if we'ed never heard it before and he was the first person to ever become aware of it. Plus it had nothing to do with this family visiting Utah. So what if something happens, at least these people can see it as a natural occurrence instead of a doom and gloom, timed event where everyone should have had the bug-out bags on their person.
What's wrong with a little compassion and cordial greeting?
It's like telling someone "be careful if you're planning to go to Florida in July next year, there is sure to be a massive sinkhole occur in the center of the Disney World Park at 3:00 Pm. on Thursday the 21st." And nothing happens. This is why I do not care for the "Goose Bump Gang", too much sensationalism and little to no accuracy.
If we prepare ourselves, God will help protect his sheep wherever they are. The parable of the Ten Virgins is about to come to pass tomorrow at a date and time only God knows. Our call is to wait upon the Lord.

I hope moroni316 and family will have a pleasant time in SLC.
Every time someone says they're going to Wyoming, Idaho or Montana my mom will bring up the super-volcano :p
=)) =)) =))

Rose Garden
Don't ask . . .

Post by Rose Garden »

moroni316, if I can be of any help to you, please let me know. I live in Orem, which is about 50 miles South of Salt Lake and right next to Provo. I know of many entertaining things to do in and around Utah County (where Orem and Provo are located).

Also, I noticed no one gave you the address for the DI's. Here is the information for the Provo store:
Provo UT
1415 North State Street
Provo, Utah 84604
(801) 373-7920
Here is the one in downtown Salt Lake:
Salt Lake City UT (Downtown)
131 East 700 South
Salt Lake City, Utah 84111
(801) 532-6201
Please let me know if you need help with anything.

gkearney
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by gkearney »

SmallFarm wrote: Every time someone says they're going to Wyoming, Idaho or Montana my mom will bring up the super-volcano :p
Tell your mother that if the Yellowstone super-volcano ever does erupt it will not matter where you are in the northern hemiphere.

SmallFarm
captain of 1,000

Post by SmallFarm »

gkearney wrote:
SmallFarm wrote: Every time someone says they're going to Wyoming, Idaho or Montana my mom will bring up the super-volcano :p
Tell your mother that if the Yellowstone super-volcano ever does erupt it will not matter where you are in the northern hemiphere.
Depends on the size of the magma pool and how much erupts. I for one think Yellowstone is hyped.

moroni316
Hi, I'm new.

Post by moroni316 »

samizdat wrote:
moroni316 wrote:My wife and I will participate in general conference next year, We Will stay in Utah about 20 days.

We are so excited, even though our English is poor.( We are from Taiwan, mandarin is our first language.)

We hope someone can tell us, Where is the Asia Ward(or the ward speak mandarin) in Salt Lake City?

My wife and I are retired (planning to be a couple missionary), we also like to be volunteers in MTC(Provo,let missionary practice Chinese), If they need.

We know that many missionary in Taiwan are from Utah, They can speak Chinese very will.

We like DI very much, If someone can tell us the location of DI (Salt Lake City or Provo or near by), We are deeply appreciated. :))
There are four Chinese wards in Utah. Two in Provo, one in Logan, and one in Salt Lake.

This should help you: https://www.lds.org/maps/?x=find#ll=40. ... ese:157899" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

And this: http://tylerthorsted.com/ldschinese/asi ... e-of-asia/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
YES,There are helpful! Thank you!

moroni316
Hi, I'm new.

Post by moroni316 »

Actually I did not visit here in the past few weeks.
I am shocked what happen here.---I can't believe that so many people concerned with us.
My English is not good enough, I can not understand completely.
The translate software told me, They all care about you, They discussed the weather in Utah and hope you have a nice stay.
Thank you brethren! you are so nice.
" 美丽" You are so kind. My wife and I love DI's, Thank you!
I know all of you have pure motives, Thank you everybody. I love you.

freedomforall
Gnolaum ∞

Post by freedomforall »

moroni316 wrote:Actually I did not visit here in the past few weeks.
I am shocked what happen here.---I can't believe that so many people concerned with us.
My English is not good enough, I can not understand completely.
The translate software told me, They all care about you, They discussed the weather in Utah and hope you have a nice stay.
Thank you brethren! you are so nice.
" 美丽" You are so kind. My wife and I love DI's, Thank you!
I know all of you have pure motives, Thank you everybody. I love you.
May God bless you and your family with health, strength and protection from evil or harm.