Formal introduction

Tell us about yourself...
Robin Hood
Level 34 Illuminated

Formal introduction

Post by Robin Hood »

I don't think we have been formally and properly introduced.
I think I just turned up here, started listening in on conversations, and interrupted with my unsolicited and probably unwelcome comments. Don't you just hate it when someone does that?
So I thought I would belatedly and briefly introduce myself.
I'm 54 years old, live in northern England, married with 5 children - all now adults. One still lives at home as she is autistic and can't live independently.
I was born in Sherwood near Nottingham; hence my avatar.
At one time I worked as a civillian component of the British armed forces in Germany, and also spent a dozen or so years working as a qualified financial advisor with a major bank and insurance company. I got out of that business because I didn't believe in what I was doing, and following a period of reorientation (including obtaining a degree etc) and self-employment, I now work as an ecologist and arboriculturist for a local government authority, and have done for the past 16 years.

I'm a convert to the restored gospel.
I joined the church at the age of 14, became converted at 17, and went on a mission at 18. I served in the genuine Zion (otherwise known as Scotland :) ) from 79-81.

Although not really into politics (I haven't voted for years as a matter of principle), if push came to shove I would describe myself as left of centre. However I intend to vote in the upcoming referrendum on UK membership of the EU, and am likely to vote in favour of leaving the European Union.

I currently serve in a very demanding church calling and find participating here on this forum very theraputic. I have a tendancy to play devil's advocate far too often. I don't know why I do this, but I think I inherited from my mother. ;)

I love the gospel of Christ. I fell away from the church at one time and spent 5 years as an "inactive". I attended many different churches (Methodist, Catholic, Church of England, Baptist, Pentecostal, RLDS), and learned a great deal. The Lord called me back into the church in a dramatic way and I have never looked back. His grace really is amazing!

Elizabeth
Level 34 Illuminated

Re: Formal introduction

Post by Elizabeth »

Hi... :D

rewcox
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by rewcox »

You should read Julie Rowe's books and prepare for tomorrow.

Robert Sinclair
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Robert Sinclair »

Never been to the Zion of Scotland, must be quite nice there.♡

Sandinista
captain of 100

Post by Sandinista »

Scotland = Zion? Beautiful place but not even close. All I can say is there is only one place in latter day scripture that the Lord tells us to go and that is Ohio! :)

See D&C 37 and 38,. Just saying! :)

EmmaLee
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by EmmaLee »

Robin Hood wrote:However I intend to vote in the upcoming referrendum on UK membership of the EU, and am likely to vote in favour of leaving the European Union.
:ymapplause:

I'm glad you're here, RH.

Robin Hood
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Robin Hood »

Sandinista wrote:Scotland = Zion? Beautiful place but not even close. All I can say is there is only one place in latter day scripture that the Lord tells us to go and that is Ohio! :)

See D&C 37 and 38,. Just saying! :)
Ohio's in Scotland?
Well, you learn something every day.

Robin Hood
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Robin Hood »

rewcox wrote:You should read Julie Rowe's books and prepare for tomorrow.
Never heard of her. ;)