Hello. I am excited to be here

Tell us about yourself...
MormonPatriot
captain of 50

Hello. I am excited to be here

Post by MormonPatriot »

I will go by MormonPatriot on this site.

As the moniker suggests, I am a Mormon 1st, Patriot 2nd.

I am 51 years old. I love Christ and His Church. Joseph Smith was perhaps one of the greatest men to ever walk the earth....where would we all be without him???

Thomas Monson is a man of GOD. I know this. I have met him on two occasions and both instances left me with no doubt that this man communes with Jehovah!!!

I was recommended to this site by a friend of mine. I am looking forward to participating and I hope I do not wear out my welcome (I have a tendency to speak my mind).

Cheers.

rewcox
Level 34 Illuminated

Re: Hello. I am excited to be here

Post by rewcox »

MormonPatriot wrote:I will go by MormonPatriot on this site.

I am 51 years old. I love Christ and His Church. Joseph Smith was perhaps one of the greatest men to ever walk the earth....where would we all be without him???

Thomas Monson is a man of GOD. I know this. I have met him on two occasions and both instances left me with no doubt that this man communes with Jehovah!!!

I was recommended to this site by a friend of mine. I am looking forward to participating and I hope I do not wear out my welcome (I have a tendency to speak my mind).

Cheers.
Now I'm curious about your friend. :)

MormonPatriot
captain of 50

Post by MormonPatriot »

rewcox wrote:

Cheers.
Now I'm curious about you friend. :)
I do not believe he participates here but he reads the posts.

I will ask him if he has a profile.

RPJR
captain of 10

Post by RPJR »

Welcome!

EmmaLee
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by EmmaLee »

Welcome, MormonPatriot! I hope you enjoy your stay here!

Magus
captain of 100

Post by Magus »

Cheers.
Nice to meet you!

Would love to hear about your experiences with Thomas Monson and what impressed you about his calling as prophet.

Zathura
Follow the Prophet

Post by Zathura »

Cheers.
Welcome friend.

Would you mind sharing how you know that Thomas Monson communes with Jehovah?
Is it just because you felt nice and fuzzy when you met him?did you feel pure intelligence when you asked God about him?
How was the answer?
I sincerely would like to know how you came to this knowledge :)

Rose Garden
Don't ask . . .

Post by Rose Garden »

If you speak your mind, you should fit right on here. Welcome!

MormonPatriot
captain of 50

Post by MormonPatriot »

Stahura wrote:

Cheers.
Welcome friend.

Is it just because you felt nice and fuzzy when you met him?did you feel pure intelligence when you asked God about him?
How was the answer?
I believe that we have a living Prophet here on this earth and that he leads this church under the intimate direction of Jesus Christ. I have had a testimony of the fact for as long as I can remember.

On the two occasions that I interacted with Thomas S Monson I was so overwhelmed with the spirit that my testimony of living prophets magnified 10 fold.

I once had the pleasure of shaking Ezra Taft Benson's hand and the experience was the same.

Zathura
Follow the Prophet

Post by Zathura »

MormonPatriot wrote:
Stahura wrote:

Cheers.
Welcome friend.

How was the answer?
I believe that we have a living Prophet here on this earth and that he leads this church under the intimate direction of Jesus Christ. I have had a testimony of the fact for as long as I can remember.

On the two occasions that I interacted with Thomas S Monson I was so overwhelmed with the spirit that my testimony of living prophets magnified 10 fold.

I once had the pleasure of shaking Ezra Taft Benson's hand and the experience was the same.
Thank you for that :)

Rose Garden
Don't ask . . .

Post by Rose Garden »

MormonPatriot wrote:
Stahura wrote:

Cheers.
Welcome friend.

How was the answer?

That's interesting. I had a similar experience with Elder Eyring, although I didn't personally meet him. He came to the Orem Institute while I was attending there and his talk was more personable than in GC. I recall the room being filled with light almost to the point of it being overwhelming. However, others didn't seem as affected.

wargames83
captain of 100

Post by wargames83 »

You forgot an "r" in your signature.

bornfree
captain of 100

Post by bornfree »

Being new myself, I was also referred by an aquaintance. He no longer comments for various reasons. I avoid conflict and will mostly read the comments. I spend a lot of time in the hotub with my spouse. ; )

Obrien
Up, up and away.

Post by Obrien »

[
wargames83 wrote:You forgot an "r" in your signature.
Maybe not...? ;)

Welcome to the forum MoPat.

I get the Mormon part, what are your Patriot views / background? Can I correctly infer them from your having met Ezra Benson?

deep water
captain of 1,000

Post by deep water »

MormonPatriot wrote:
Stahura wrote:

Cheers.
Welcome friend.

How was the answer?

I can remember being in Jackson Wyoming as a young married man, with my wife and another couple. We were wandering around in a gift shop when around the corner, walked a woman so beautiful that my knees buckled and I almost fainted at her presence. I caught my self about halfway to the floor and wondered whether or knot my wife would have noticed. As I looked around to see their faces, I knew that I was a dead man. My wife took it in stride and had total confidence and faith in me, and just shook her head in disgust for me. I have never been to a popular band concert but I have watched a couple on tv, women and men totally overcome to the point of being a beast. It is interesting that people use these experiences told above to confirm their truth Yet ignore all the tools that Christ has given for us to be able to tell the wheat from the tares. The false from the true. To each their own.

Jonesy
captain of 1,000

Post by Jonesy »

deep water wrote:
MormonPatriot wrote:I believe that we have a living Prophet here on this earth and that he leads this church under the intimate direction of Jesus Christ. I have had a testimony of the fact for as long as I can remember.

I can remember being in Jackson Wyoming as a young married man, with my wife and another couple. We were wandering around in a gift shop when around the corner, walked a woman so beautiful that my knees buckled and I almost fainted at her presence. I caught my self about halfway to the floor and wondered whether or knot my wife would have noticed. As I looked around to see their faces, I knew that I was a dead man. My wife took it in stride and had total confidence and faith in me, and just shook her head in disgust for me. I have never been to a popular band concert but I have watched a couple on tv, women and men totally overcome to the point of being a beast. It is interesting that people use these experiences told above to confirm their truth Yet ignore all the tools that Christ has given for us to be able to tell the wheat from the tares. The false from the true. To each their own.
Maybe he was "overcome" by the Spirit as Nephi or Lehi was. Sounds legit. I had a similar experience when seeing Elder Uchtdorf come speak to us, I felt electricity course through my body that came to me as a wave. This was also accompanied with the words of the Spirit that said something like "he is an Apostle of the Lord".

Zathura
Follow the Prophet

Post by Zathura »

Jonesy1982 wrote:
deep water wrote:
MormonPatriot wrote:I believe that we have a living Prophet here on this earth and that he leads this church under the intimate direction of Jesus Christ. I have had a testimony of the fact for as long as I can remember.

Maybe he was "overcome" by the Spirit as Nephi or Lehi was. Sounds legit. I had a similar experience when seeing Elder Uchtdorf come speak to us, I felt electricity course through my body that came to me as a wave. This was also accompanied with the words of the Spirit that said something like "he is an Apostle of the Lord".
It's very interesting that you say that.
I've had more people share experiences like that of him than of any other current leader. I've heard maybe 6 people say that, compared to the one time I've heard this type of experience about other leaders