Inactive member

Tell us about yourself...
jbeggs
Hi, I'm new.

Inactive member

Post by jbeggs »

Hi
I've drifted in & out of the church as I have with this forum. Of course the bishop caught me as I was exiting my vehicle & about to go inside my building. He & his second counselor invited me to church even though I said I don't agree with the church on many things. I've always enjoyed the spirited discussion on these forums and that it often remains respectful.

When I was in church this past Sunday for stake conference, the love the members showed for one another really struck me. The bishops & branch presidents have been so kind to me, but I feel like the brethren are out of touch.

Bee Prepared
captain of 1,000

Re: Inactive member

Post by Bee Prepared »

I'm happy you had a good experience. Don't worry about the brethren, its their responsibility to answer to the Lord. Personally, I trust them and feel that they are forgiven for being human. There are so many great things about this church, it will not fail.

Zathura
Follow the Prophet

Post by Zathura »

jbeggs wrote:Hi
I've drifted in & out of the church as I have with this forum. Of course the bishop caught me as I was exiting my vehicle & about to go inside my building. He & his second counselor invited me to church even though I said I don't agree with the church on many things. I've always enjoyed the spirited discussion on these forums and that it often remains respectful.

When I was in church this past Sunday for stake conference, the love the members showed for one another really struck me. The bishops & branch presidents have been so kind to me, but I feel like the brethren are out of touch.
If that's what The Spirit reveals to you, go with it. The church accepts truth from any source, even if it seems like we are discouraged from doing that. Depend on God. The Church is here to help point you towards God, the Prophets and Apostles give messages to help you understand the Gospel of Christ. They can't get you to heaven however, only God can. Focus on what God reveals to you, seek to receive a remission of sins. Pray mightily, focus on the Scriptures and what they teach. Even if you disagree with some leaders, guess what? They can't keep you from getting to heaven, they also can't get you to heaven. If you feel like the brethren are out of touch, regardless of what anyone tells you, that's not a problem. I can't say that I know that the brethren are truly Apostles of Christ, and its a fact that many of them have confirmed that they've never even seen Christ.With that said,I still hope that they are what they claim, and I sustain them, looking forward to a confirmation in the future as to whether or not they are what they claim. Really your opinion on the brethren doesn't effect your salvation as long as you know your state before God. Focus on Christ, and use the resources the Church gives to you to get to Christ.

durangout
captain of 1,000

Post by durangout »

Glad you have a nice experience at church.

It would be interesting to know about what you feel church leadership is out of touch.

jbeggs
Hi, I'm new.

Post by jbeggs »

durangout wrote:Glad you have a nice experience at church.

It would be interesting to know about what you feel church leadership is out of touch.
To cover my major issues briefly.

1. Equality for women.
2. Emphasis on uniformity.
3. Lack of financial transparency.
4. How many doctrines have changed over time, covering up stuff they find embarrassing. "Not everything that is true is useful." Yeah, "what is truth?", right?

I've studied and prayed, but I guess I've never understood correctly. Thanks for your perspectives.

EmmaLee
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by EmmaLee »

jbeggs wrote:I don't agree with the church on many things. I feel like the brethren are out of touch.
Well, you're certainly on the right forum! If LDSFF is known for anything, it's that it's a place where people with the above beliefs can have the run of the place and disparage and mock and demean the Church and the Brethren all they like (just don't disparage and mock and demean anyone else). The majority of posters here agree with you, by the way. (As for those pesky rules that say this is a "pro" LDS forum - just ignore those - everyone else does, including the forum owner. ;) )

jbalm
The Third Comforter

Post by jbalm »

jbeggs wrote:Hi

You should try EmmaLee's ward. It's full of hot women showing cleavage.

Obrien
Up, up and away.

Post by Obrien »

[Insert Obrien's favorite curse word here], how did I miss cleavage pictures?!?

rewcox
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by rewcox »

Obrien wrote:[Insert Obrien's favorite curse word here], how did I miss cleavage pictures?!?
It was a visual....

Melissa
captain of 1,000

Post by Melissa »

seriously can we quit it with the cleavage please? You guys act like its not around everywhere you look so you need a picture of the single cleavage episode. I know your being funny, but grow up would ya?

Obrien
Up, up and away.

Post by Obrien »

Melissa wrote:seriously can we quit it with the cleavage please? You guys act like its not around everywhere you look so you need a picture of the single cleavage episode. I know your being funny, but grow up would ya?
Jeepers, it's just a little Friday afternoon levity (and possibly a glance at a good cleavage picture).
Make you a deal - I'll work on limiting my cleavage comments (which have totaled 2 on the forum to date) and you work on not being so thin skinned. Deal?

Robert Sinclair
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Robert Sinclair »

If you have come to understand that the scriptures written of the houses of Judah-- (Old and New Testaments) And the houses of Joseph-- (Book of Mormon from Joseph's son Manasseh and the Book of Commandments also known as the Doctrine and Covenants from Joseph's son Ephraim), are true and that you believe them to be true, look into their testimonies as a great "Urim and Thummin" combined into one book, or stick as the scriptures used to be and still are by the Jews wrapped around a stick, as one great "Script" written to be played out by the children of God, even as it has been written.

All the actors and actresses placed in the different dispensations to fullfill this grand "Script" of God perfectly.

With both the houses of Judah and Joseph going astray, feeling they are the one's with the truth in their hands, which they both have, but that testify they will pursue idols made by the hands of men such as the buildings of Babylon, and riches and large land holdings, of the wealthy, before they will obey the law of God, of being equal in their temporal things, first and foremost, from the distribution of land, as in the Jubilee, debt free, and in all things common of Peter of Judah, in the book of Acts, and all things common of Manasseh of Joseph of the Nephites, in 4th Nephi, and as given as the law to be embraced and foundation to be laid in D&C 42 & 70, as a calling and election of Ephraim in the latter days to so do.

So do not be too discouraged if you have joined with the House of Ephraim, as this perversion of equity, is not to last forever, but has an end in Hosea 14:8----

Where Ephraim shall finally say:

"What have I to do any more with idols?"

And Judah also after seeing the light from the "One Stick" shall also say----

"Wilt thou not shew us what thou meanest by these? (Two Sticks ) (See Ezekiel 37:15-18)

And they both together shall begin to defile themselves with their idols, nor with their destestable things, nor with any of their transgressions: but shall be saved and cleansed by God. (See Ezekiel 37:15-23)

This upon the cry to spare them a little longer as is written of Jacob 5:50 and Joel 2:17, and they then begin to bring his bride out of the closet that the bridegroom may come forth of his chamber as is written in Joel 2:16, and they go forth as the prophet Zenos had continued on in Jacob 5:50 -77. ♡

So do not get too discouraged when you see the great "Script" of God being fullfilled word for word, for thus it must needs be, that it be proven true, every whit.

Read this grand "Script" of God, and witness for yourself that the things written of the Houses of Judah and Joseph of Israel of Abraham of Noah of Enoch of Adam of God, are being fullfilled, even as it has been written, as if it was a great play, being played out, with all tbe chosen actors, playing their roles, perfectly.♡

The time draws near for the great and terrible day of the Lord to be here, see that you are ready, having repented and atoned, making good the wrongs you have done, by bringing forth fruit meet for your repentance, even as it is written of God to so do.♡

Melissa
captain of 1,000

Post by Melissa »

Obrien wrote:
Melissa wrote:seriously can we quit it with the cleavage please? You guys act like its not around everywhere you look so you need a picture of the single cleavage episode. I know your being funny, but grow up would ya?
Jeepers, it's just a little Friday afternoon levity (and possibly a glance at a good cleavage picture).
Make you a deal - I'll work on limiting my cleavage comments (which have totaled 2 on the forum to date) and you work on not being so thin skinned. Deal?
Is it thin skin or principled. ...
I guess i just have a different understanding and appreciation for human bodies.

boo
captain of 1,000

Post by boo »

Obrien wrote:
Well you surprised me once again. I was sure your deal would involve your silence in exchange for photos. Don't get so dang mature on me.

ebenezerarise
captain of 1,000

Post by ebenezerarise »

I think when people say the brethren are out of touch that they fail to remember they are dealing with a global church. Not everything that happens in the USA is important compared to the rest of the world. That, and the fact that they work under the Lord's inspiration.

Right at the top of your list I have a problem -- where is the inequity for women in the Church?

Bee Prepared
captain of 1,000

Post by Bee Prepared »

boo wrote:
Obrien wrote:
Well you surprised me once again. I was sure your deal would involve your silence in exchange for photos. Don't get so dang mature on me.
HAAAAAAAAAAA! :)) Obrien must be losing his touch. ( no pun intended)

Robert Sinclair
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Robert Sinclair »

Robert Sinclair wrote:If you have come to understand that the scriptures written of the houses of Judah-- (Old and New Testaments) And the houses of Joseph-- (Book of Mormon from Joseph's son Manasseh and the Book of Commandments also known as the Doctrine and Covenants from Joseph's son Ephraim), are true and that you believe them to be true, look into their testimonies as a great "Urim and Thummin" combined into one book, or stick as the scriptures used to be and still are by the Jews wrapped around a stick, as one great "Script" written to be played out by the children of God, even as it has been written.

All the actors and actresses placed in the different dispensations to fullfill this grand "Script" of God perfectly.

With both the houses of Judah and Joseph going astray, feeling they are the one's with the truth in their hands, which they both have, but that testify they will pursue idols made by the hands of men such as the buildings of Babylon, and riches and large land holdings, of the wealthy, before they will obey the law of God, of being equal in their temporal things, first and foremost, from the distribution of land, as in the Jubilee, debt free, and in all things common of Peter of Judah, in the book of Acts, and all things common of Manasseh of Joseph of the Nephites, in 4th Nephi, and as given as the law to be embraced and foundation to be laid in D&C 42 & 70, as a calling and election of Ephraim in the latter days to so do.

So do not be too discouraged if you have joined with the House of Ephraim, as this perversion of equity, is not to last forever, but has an end in Hosea 14:8----

Where Ephraim shall finally say:

"What have I to do any more with idols?"

And Judah also after seeing the light from the "One Stick" shall also say----

"Wilt thou not shew us what thou meanest by these? (Two Sticks ) (See Ezekiel 37:15-18)

And they both together shall begin to defile themselves with their idols, nor with their destestable things, nor with any of their transgressions: but shall be saved and cleansed by God. (See Ezekiel 37:15-23)

This upon the cry to spare them a little longer as is written of Jacob 5:50 and Joel 2:17, and they then begin to bring his bride out of the closet that the bridegroom may come forth of his chamber as is written in Joel 2:16, and they go forth as the prophet Zenos had continued on in Jacob 5:50 -77. ♡

So do not get too discouraged when you see the great "Script" of God being fullfilled word for word, for thus it must needs be, that it be proven true, every whit.

Read this grand "Script" of God, and witness for yourself that the things written of the Houses of Judah and Joseph of Israel of Abraham of Noah of Enoch of Adam of God, are being fullfilled, even as it has been written, as if it was a great play, being played out, with all tbe chosen actors, playing their roles, perfectly.♡

The time draws near for the great and terrible day of the Lord to be here, see that you are ready, having repented and atoned, making good the wrongs you have done, by bringing forth fruit meet for your repentance, even as it is written of God to so do.♡
I wanted to post this again for thought, that the scriptures written are true, and there is a plan in place for all that is happening, as if it is all a great play, being unfolded, even as a "script" for this play, if one was given it and asked to find players, and direct this play, even as it is written, they would begin to see what needs to happen. That is why many times Jesus Christ would say---

"It is written"

He is the one that had this play written, picked the actors, and is directing this play according to the "Script" that he has had written, word for word.

Seek to see what that is.♡

Obrien
Up, up and away.

Post by Obrien »

Melissa wrote:
Obrien wrote:
I guess i just have a different understanding and appreciation for human bodies.
Thin skin

Melissa
captain of 1,000

Post by Melissa »

Obrien wrote:
Melissa wrote:
Obrien wrote:
Thin skin
To each his own

Rachael
Captain of whatever

Post by Rachael »

Welcome intactive!