Members East of the Mississippi

Tell us about yourself...
commonwealth
captain of 100

Members East of the Mississippi

Post by commonwealth »

Hello-
I'm relatively new to the forum, and I'm curious how many members live in the US, east of the Mississippi. I grew up on the East Coast, and currently live in the Midwest. Most of my family now resides in Utah, and I feel myself under a certain amount of pressure (especially from my mom) to move to Utah, especially with the threats of tribulation events upon us. Those of you here in the East - do you feel any pressure to move, are you happy where you are? I feel God moved me here for a purpose, and I feel no desire to go to Utah or anywhere else out West. If you're happy where you are, how do you see things (trials) progressing as time goes by?

jbalm
The Third Comforter

Re: Members East of the Mississippi

Post by jbalm »

Don't do it. I live in Michigan. I've lived in Utah in the past. I would much rather weather any tribulation surrounded by the woods and lakes in Michigan than I would in the deserts of Utah.

Plus, generally, people in the Midwest are more honest.

Songbird
captain of 1,000

Post by Songbird »

commonwealth wrote:Hello-
I'm relatively new to the forum, and I'm curious how many members live in the US, east of the Mississippi. I grew up on the East Coast, and currently live in the Midwest. Most of my family now resides in Utah, and I feel myself under a certain amount of pressure (especially from my mom) to move to Utah, especially with the threats of tribulation events upon us. Those of you here in the East - do you feel any pressure to move, are you happy where you are? I feel God moved me here for a purpose, and I feel no desire to go to Utah or anywhere else out West. If you're happy where you are, how do you see things (trials) progressing as time goes by?
I agree. I also live in the midwest. I actually gained a testimony about how special this area is. I know people are more honest here. You don't feel like you have to look over your shoulder to worry about your neighbor...that said, I am very wary of my "Obama" neighbors. I just mind my own business and try to do those things that the Lord wants me to be doing. I wouldn't move to UTAH unless the Lord told me to go there. That should be the thing you are thinking about. Where can you be most helpful for the Lord to fulfill His purposes through you. What is best for your family, your wife and children, then, if appropriate your mom/dad etc.

What does the Lord want you to do????

In other words, you shouldn't be asking for our opinion, because as you will see, you will get a flurry of opinions that may escalate as this forum is wont to do...

Songbird
captain of 1,000

Post by Songbird »

PS I live west of the Mississippi

rewcox
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by rewcox »

With VOG, you don't want to live east of the Mississippi.

If there is a callout, follow it.

I'm expecting to get a callout to go to the Phoenix area, where I will bug Boo and O'Brien.

jbalm
The Third Comforter

Post by jbalm »

What's VOG? Another one of those NDE things?

rewcox
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by rewcox »

jbalm wrote:What's VOG? Another one of those NDE things?
Yes, Visions of Glory, written by John Pontius, about Spencer's NDE.

Rose Garden
Don't ask . . .

Post by Rose Garden »

Go where the Lord tells you or you will be in trouble. The Lord wants me here in Utah right now. Others have been asked to leave Utah and go other places. Trust the Lord.

gkearney
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by gkearney »

Songbird wrote:"Obama" neighbors.
And just what, pray tell, would an "Obama" neighbor be?

Songbird
captain of 1,000

Post by Songbird »

gkearney wrote:
Songbird wrote:"Obama" neighbors.
And just what, pray tell, would an "Obama" neighbor be?
A neighbor who has voted for Obama and is blinded by his policies...