Julie Rowe - Author of "A Greater Tomorrow"

Tell us about yourself...
wompus
captain of 100

Re: Julie Rowe - Author of "A Greater Tomorrow"

Post by wompus »

Oh yeah, Julie.... one more question that was posed to me was... will the full-time missionaries be called home and/or the economic meltdown happen BEFORE we are asked to go to the camps?

Aaron

wompus
captain of 100

Post by wompus »

wildernessdaughter wrote:Womus, so it was kind of funny, because I went to answer your question one by telling you to take it to the Lord, but if you are struggling to hear his voice, that could be hard. :)

I am not someone who has had grand visions or dreams. Much of what I believe is based on the scriptures and other people's words and then confirmed to me by the Spirit.

The process that has been most useful for me is to study something out in my mind and make my own decision based on my research and thought and then spend time praying and telling Heavenly Father what I have decided to do. At that point I am able to identify a good feeling or an uneasy feeling -- nothing big, just that calm, unstressed feeling versus the pit-in-your-stomach feeling. If I get a good feeling, I move forward with my plan and continue asking the Lord if I am doing the right thing until I get an uneasy feeling, at which point I start the process over. It's kind of a trial and error thing.

Also, I have found that, for me, inspiration comes when I least expect it. I can try to set up this perfect scenario where I will go to the temple or be reading my scriptures in the evening when the kids are in bed and won't really hear anything, then all of a sudden I will be sitting in a meeting at work in the middle of the day thinking about healthcare staffing and BAM I start getting thoughts or an answer to a question I have had that I have to write down quickly before I forget them. I have also had thoughts come to me right when I am going to sleep and I think "wow, that is interesting. I will have to write that down or think about it more in the morning," and then morning comes and all I can remember is that I had a cool thought last night, but I can't remember what it was.
That's something that I need to do better is to keep a journal with me to write down inspirations as they come... I've never done that. I read an article that said that 90% of our thoughts are not are own but come from other influences!

jkrowe
captain of 50

Post by jkrowe »

Just wanted to let you all know that I have been working with a friend on building a simple website. It should be up and running pretty soon. When it is, I will post it on here.

It will include basic information about the books, an "about the author" page, details on upcoming speaking engagements and a few other things.

Thanks!

Julie

e-eye
captain of 100

Post by e-eye »

jkrowe wrote:Just wanted to let you all know that I have been working with a friend on building a simple website. It should be up and running pretty soon. When it is, I will post it on here.

It will include basic information about the books, an "about the author" page, details on upcoming speaking engagements and a few other things.

Thanks!

Julie
Very cool. I thought I heard you mention or someone else did that you currently live in AZ. Are you going to do any engagements in the valley of the sun any time soon?

jkrowe
captain of 50

Post by jkrowe »

My new website is up and running!

Address is:

http://www.julieroweprepare.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

wompus
captain of 100

Post by wompus »

well that website went up fast.... nice!

notjamesbond003.5
captain of 1,000

Post by notjamesbond003.5 »

Cool late Aug, 2014 Mesa Az.

njb

kathyn
captain of 1,000

Post by kathyn »

Thank you so much, Sister Rowe.

WarMonger
captain of 100

Post by WarMonger »

wompus wrote:So these are my 2 questions.... Paying of debt first or purchasing preparedness items... and getting inspiration from the Lord! Aaron
I Am the worst person to answer questions - what applies to me since I have a psychotic personality - is most likely of no use to you - so read at your peril.

2nd Question::
D&C 64: 11 For all have not every gift given unto them; for there are many gifts, and to every man is given a gift by the Spirit of God.
12 To some is given one, and to some is given another, that all may be profited thereby.
13 To some it is given by the Holy Ghost to know that Jesus Christ is the Son of God, and that he was crucified for the sins of the world.
14 To others it is given to believe on their words, that they also might have eternal life if they continue faithful.

Each have different gifts - I am happy to believe on others and have child like faith - let them get the visions and do the hard work.
I once had a vision of the the resurrection of the dead - very similar and wording to what Ezekiel saw but was not in a good mood that day so struggled with all my might and threw the vision out of my head. Never told anyone about this - but perhaps not a good decision.
Anyway to get revelation the only thing that I have found that works is::
3 Nephi 12:6 And blessed are all they who do hunger and thirst after righteousness, for they shall be filled with the Holy Ghost.

That was my intention to sell house and use money for preps - but was told no - should have no bearing on your decision. But my preps are in line with council - but still working on more stuff.

Zowieink
captain of 100

Post by Zowieink »

Sister Rowe, do you have any words of wisdom for us. I am going to be listening to your interview tonight and have felt, as I read your account, that it is true and accurate as you saw it.

If you could expound a little more, I'm sure everyone would appreciate it, at least within the bounds the Lord has set.

Will you be doing another get-together. With enough advance knowledge, I would gladly like to hear you speak.

Zowieink
captain of 100

Post by Zowieink »

You know, if I would just learn to read, I would be dangerous. I hope to be at the Mesa meeting, if I can find a substitute for the temple.

jkrowe
captain of 50

Post by jkrowe »

For those who may need to know, I thought I better post and let you know that I am leaving out of town on Weds., August 27 and will be gone through Sept. 3rd.

Won't have cell phone and internet service which is why I am sharing this...in case someone sends me a message or tries to call etc, didn't want anyone to think I was ignoring them.

Thanks!

Julie

Latter-day Patriot
captain of 50

Post by Latter-day Patriot »

Julie, I realize the cut off date for emails you'll address in your new book has passed, but do you have any plans to respond to any of the emails you've received since that date? I understand if there are too many to reply to all of them. Just curious. Thanks!

jkrowe
captain of 50

Post by jkrowe »

Thanks for your posts.

Yes, I am still responding to emails as they come in and as I have time...and quite honestly as the spirit directs. Right now it is all I can do just to read each of them personally everyday. I am very grateful for them. It is very very difficult for me and my personality not to be in a position where I am able to personally respond to each message.

For those who know me well, they know this is an area I feel strongly about. Over the years I have really struggled to understand why some people don't reply or respond to messages and it's been a sore spot for me with various people in my life. I really really don't like it when I reach out to someone and they ignore me - I think it is rude and insensitive.

So.....now I am in a situation where I am struggling to find that balance because it is literally physically impossible for me to respond to everyone that I would like to and it pains me to think that I might possibly be a source of pain or disappointment for someone else. I continually pray that people will know and understand my heart and will feel that I would if I could.

JoannaML
captain of 10

Post by JoannaML »

notjamesbond003.5 wrote:Cool late Aug, 2014 Mesa Az.

njb
If you attend could you share a little of what you learned as a result of going?

hcb1780
Hi, I'm new.

Post by hcb1780 »

I came upon your book book after reading through some topics on this forum. I listened to the radio show you were on and found it very interesting. Can't wait to read the book now!

KaemonAwa2014
captain of 10

Post by KaemonAwa2014 »

Sister Rowe:

Thank you for writing the book, my wife and I have gotten a lot out of it and are planning in getting spiritual/temporal preparedness in order.
You mentioned in the interview that you saw Christ as being very masculine. Did he perhaps look like this? This painting was done by a 8 year old girl who experienced her own visions at an early age. Any comments will be greatly appreciated. Thanks!
Attachments
Jesus-by-Akiane-Kramarik-768x1024.jpg
Jesus-by-Akiane-Kramarik-768x1024.jpg (177.21 KiB) Viewed 6910 times

KaemonAwa2014
captain of 10

Post by KaemonAwa2014 »

jkrowe wrote:gruden2.0 -

I have studied plenty of church history. If you study further, you will find that the details I share in my book about Hauns Mills as well as the other accounts, are absolutely accurate. There are some historical accounts that have been written that are not accurate, even in church historical records. After I wrote the section on Hauns Mill, I actually went to LDS.org to double check that I was recounting the story correctly. If you go to that site and research Hauns Mills, you will find a recording my church historians who discuss this story in some detail. Their account is accurate and it matched identically to what I have written. So you need to research that topic further. One of the reasons (not all) that this story was briefly mentioned in the book is because it is a type for what is to come in our country, and including it in the book is a simple way to get people to begin thinking about the events that led up to it and what actually happened, and how that can apply today in our lives.

Ironically, you mention that other things I have written in the book could have easily been written by going to LDS.org. The funny thing about that is, that literally - honestly - the ONLY thing I looked up on LDS.org was to CONFIRM that I got the Hauns Mill story correct. Nothing else. All of the stories I tell and the details I give are based on what I was shown, and even then I hardly gave any details compared to what I was shown. I only told what the spirit directed me to tell. And who am I to question the Lord on this and what and why he wanted me to include certain things and not others?

By the way, Joseph Haun WAS NOT a member of the church and he never did join the church. His brother joined the church, but Joseph did not. I also know a great deal about church history, particularly church history in the mid-west, because I LIVED THERE FOR 17 years. And I have had dreams and visions of those things for almost two decades, in addition to what I experienced in my NDE. I have been to those sites more than I could count. I have been to the Church visitors center in Independence, MO literally probably 3 times a year for 17 years. I made it a point to go there at least three times a year with my children and that does not include when I would take other friends and family who came to visit from out of state, wanting to see church sites.

There are MANY reasons why I included the specific scripture stories that I did. It was for very specific purposes - in part because those stories are representative of some of what we will soon experience. The scriptures were written for our day. They are a type and an example of some of the trials and adversities we will experience in the last days.
I recall listening to a podcast which discussed the Mormon War [of which Haun's Mill was part of], this was put together by historians that have read the written records during that period. They mentioned that Joseph Smith visited the community of DeWitt, but didn't say anything about JS visiting Haun's Mill. Here's the link to the podcast, it is 30 mins long but well worth your while.

http://www.mormonchannel.org/joseph-smi ... eason-1/33" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

We also have President Eyring saying on "record" that JS sent word through Jacob Haun for the Saints to get out of there.

https://www.lds.org/media-library/video ... l?lang=eng" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I am not trying to defend anyone here, I just remember hearing about this and thought it will help to educate us about Haun's Mill. In the end I think the message is: Follow the counsel of the brethren, follow the H.G. and Trust in the Lord.

Robin Hood
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Robin Hood »

jkrowe wrote:Hi, my name is Julie Rowe.

I recently learned of this site and decided that I would check it out. From what I can tell so far, it looks like there are some very interesting topics and posts. I am looking forward to learning more here. Don't know how much time I will have to get on here, but hopefully every now and then.

I am leaving out of town tomorrow and will be gone the rest of July visiting family and friends etc.

As I was looking at this site, I came across some posts regarding my new book that was just released in May 2014. It is titled, "A Greater Tomorrow" and it is about my 2004 NDE.

I want to thank those who have posted about my book. I appreciate the discussions and am grateful for those who have taken the time to post.

I am very happy to hear that some of you have read my book. Although I am not a great writer, I am grateful the Lord gave me the opportunity to share a little of my experience, and that I have had the blessing and opportunity to witness and testify of some of the things I was shown.

For the most part I have had very positive responses to my book, although I recognize it is not going to resonate with everyone and that in some cases there are and will be those who are not open to what I share in the book. This is okay. I am not bothered by this, because I know that we each have our own paths and that the Lord instructs us individually as He sees fit and as we need.

I do feel prompted to share with you, however, that prior to writing the book, while writing the book, and many times since then - as I have struggled with many different feelings and emotions about writing such a personal and sacred experience and knowing my own weaknesses and insecurities - over and over and over again the Lord has continued to comfort me and remind me of a few very important and specific things. They are:

1) This is not a scholarly piece
2) This is not a historical piece
3) This is not a creative writing piece
4) This is my experience and it is to be shared simply, directly, honestly, and as the spirit directs.
5) This book is my simple witness and testimony of what I have experienced, what I know to be true, and what I know I will yet experience in my lifetime.
6) I am not to ask "why" (I've done that many times over the years) - I am to ask "what" and "how".
"What am I to do with this knowledge?" and "How am I to serve"

For this purpose and to this end I chose to accept the assignment and conditions given to me while in the spirit world and as part of the Lords plan for me - which include but are not limited to the fact that I agreed to share my story in "approximately nine earth years."

I am a simple messenger trying my best to help myself, my family and as many other people as possible to increase and develop our temporal and spiritual preparedness for the days ahead.

I simply want to do my little part in serving the Lord and helping to build His Kingdom.

I hope that those who read my book will find it beneficial and uplifting.

I wish I could have gone into greater detail on many of the things I witnessed, however I made very serious covenants that I would heed the spirit and not overstep my stewardship or the bounds the Lord has set for me. My hope is that those who read my book will be able to feel the spirit and the love the Lord has for each of us, and be able to discern the truths that I share.

For those that are interested, I will be speaking at the Logan Tabernacle on Thursday, July 17th from 7:00-9:00 p.m. Afterward there will be a "meet and greet" at the Natural Philosophy Market about a block away from the tabernacle (155 Church Street, Logan, Utah).

My book is currently being sold in paperback as well as for kindle at Amazon.com. It is also available at Seagull book stores and online at Seagull.

Additionally, I will be live in studio at the Mills Crenshaw show in Utah on Weds., July 16th from 3:00-6:00 p.m. I believe his station is Utah Radio 630 AM. My understanding is that they will be recording the show, so if you would like to listen to it but are unable to do so, you can later listen to it online.

Last month I was on his show and we discussed some of the book - mostly the first half. This time around we will be going into the last half of the book which includes more about Last Days events, tent cities, Places of Refuge, Cities of Light, Adam-Ondi-Ahman, the New Jerusalem etc.

Please note that I will have sporadic internet use the rest of the month, and since I am new to this site I have not yet figured out how to navigate, so I will not likely be able to post again until August.

Thank you to all! I look forward to having the opportunity to login again and learn more about this site.

Julie
I have just ordered your book and look forward to reading it.
I must warn you though, that if it's a fraud I'll discover it. I will be reading what you have written very carefully indeed.
I did the same with Visions of Glory and found it wanting. I'm not easily fooled.

One question. Given that this vision was, according to you, given you by the Lord; it would surely be bordering on priestcraft to make money out of it. Where do the profits on the book sales go?

Tbone
captain of 100

Post by Tbone »

Robin Hood wrote: I have just ordered your book and look forward to reading it.
I must warn you though, that if it's a fraud I'll discover it. I will be reading what you have written very carefully indeed.
I did the same with Visions of Glory and found it wanting. I'm not easily fooled.
Maybe you've posted this elsewhere, but have you found any similar books or accounts that you didn't believe were a fraud? I'm just curious particularly since you appear to have a reasonable level of skepticism (like Ed Goble) plus the experience of having looked into the topic. It would be interesting to hear if you've found any that met the standard.

I personally believe she's telling the truth, but in my mind her story is far less important than her message of preparedness. I think anyone who watches the news nowadays would be crazy not to try to be prepared.

Robin Hood
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Robin Hood »

Tbone wrote:
Robin Hood wrote: I have just ordered your book and look forward to reading it.
Maybe you've posted this elsewhere, but have you found any similar books or accounts that you didn't believe were a fraud? I'm just curious particularly since you appear to have a reasonable level of skepticism (like Ed Goble) plus the experience of having looked into the topic. It would be interesting to hear if you've found any that met the standard.

I personally believe she's telling the truth, but in my mind her story is far less important than her message of preparedness. I think anyone who watches the news nowadays would be crazy not to try to be prepared.
I'll post more specifically when I have read the book.
But I come from the angle that the Lord does things in a particular order and pattern. There is little point in having prophets and apostles etc if he's going to bypass them and ask any Tom, Dick or Harry to publish their personal experiences.... and make money from it!
So yes, I'm a skeptic by nature, but I'm open enough to be convinced if the evidence is compelling. But, like all the others, I will read this book looking specifically for faults. Visions of Glory appears to be riddled with them so I'm hoping this one will be better.

Tbone
captain of 100

Post by Tbone »

Robin Hood wrote:I'll post more specifically when I have read the book.
But I come from the angle that the Lord does things in a particular order and pattern. There is little point in having prophets and apostles etc if he's going to bypass them and ask any Tom, Dick or Harry to publish their personal experiences.... and make money from it!
So yes, I'm a skeptic by nature, but I'm open enough to be convinced if the evidence is compelling. But, like all the others, I will read this book looking specifically for faults. Visions of Glory appears to be riddled with them so I'm hoping this one will be better.
It sounds like you were paying attention in Seminary (if you had the chance to attend). I think you are a very good example of applying 2 Thessalonians 2:1–3. Maybe it's always been this way, but it seems like there's a lot of people going around deceiving and being deceived (even on this forum), so it's critical to be wary. Good luck with your reading!

heatherliis
Hi, I'm new.

Post by heatherliis »

I work for the printing company that prints your book and recently got a copy to read. I had started reading some of it as I was printing it and was intrigued. I read most of it last night and I felt the Spirit and made me cry on parts. I recently lost my mother last year to pulmonary fibrosis and have been very much missing her. Lately I keep thinking of her and one of the press guys in the back gave me a copy of your book that was an extra one. I took it home this week and started reading it last night. It was very comforting and gave me hope that I will see my mother again. I want to be one of the ones to help build Zion and I know I need to get back to church. Your book made me want that even more.

Robin Hood
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Robin Hood »

Sister Rowe,
I read your book as promised.
Apart from the poor grammar being a constant irritation, the content itself fell significantly short of convincing, on any level.
I started taking notes but abandoned the effort early on because it was clearly going to be a waste of time; there were just too many errors.
I'm not going to accuse you of conscious plagiarism, but I was able to identify source material with relative ease; and can only assume you have read these accounts, as I have, over the years and that they had a significant influence on your "experience".

Jared E
captain of 50

Post by Jared E »

Robin Hood wrote:Sister Rowe,
I read your book as promised.
Apart from the poor grammar being a constant irritation, the content itself fell significantly short of convincing, on any level.
I started taking notes but abandoned the effort early on because it was clearly going to be a waste of time; there were just too many errors.
I'm not going to accuse you of conscious plagiarism, but I was able to identify source material with relative ease; and can only assume you have read these accounts, as I have, over the years and that they had a significant influence on your "experience".
During every fast and testimony meeting, do you sit there and cringe, then finally go up to the microphone and scold the congregation that none of them reminded you of Elder Maxwell?

Forgive me if I'm wrong, but Sister Rowe has stated many times that she was instructed to keep her book simple, so it could be easily understood by all ages and different cultures. I'm sorry that you required the sealed plates but merely received Joseph Smith-History. As a missionary in the south, many baptist ministers said something similar to me: "the Book of Mormon and the words of Joseph Smith read like a comic book."