MormonLeaks™ Releases Internal Communication from Mormon Church Concerning Denver Snuffer and the Remnant Movement

For discussion of liberty, freedom, government and politics.

ebenezerarise
captain of 1,000

Re: MormonLeaks™ Releases Internal Communication from Mormon Church Concerning Denver Snuffer and the Remnant Movement

Post by ebenezerarise »

ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Cookies
captain of 100

Re: MormonLeaks™ Releases Internal Communication from Mormon Church Concerning Denver Snuffer and the Remnant Movement

Post by Cookies »

That's it? Is there another thread where everyone is discussing these leaks? It was such a huge chunk of this forum not that long ago. How disappointing and strange.

Silver Pie
seeker after Christ

Post by Silver Pie »

This leak doesn't really seem to be communications about Denver Snuffer so much as they are about the people who are listening to him. If you read these, it seems that "snufferism" is running rampant in some areas. In fact, one of the letters was from a regular member. They sent the letter to headquarters and it was bounced back to local leadership, and the local leader is asking for help from a higher level. In fact, to me, the letter from the member sounded as if it could have been written by AI2.0.
An email sent from a member of the Seventy to Craig Christensen seeking advice on how to handle a complaint that a member of a particular Stake had sent to the First Presidency that was redirected to the member of the Seventy via the local Stake President. Included is the letter that the member of the Seventy is referring to in the email.
https://mormonleaks.io/wiki/index.php?t ... oncern.pdf
Letter about apostasy 1000x1322.png
Letter about apostasy 1000x1322.png (1.27 MiB) Viewed 1041 times

Silver Pie
seeker after Christ

Post by Silver Pie »

Only, I'm pretty sure that AI2.0 knows that it isn't typical of "snufferites" to "talk about websites called AVOW," to be into "extreme preparedness," nor to "push guns, ammunition, survival extremes and emergency food storage."

e-eye2.0
captain of 100

Post by e-eye2.0 »

Silver Pie wrote: August 27th, 2017, 6:53 pm Only, I'm pretty sure that AI2.0 knows that it isn't typical of "snufferites" to "talk about websites called AVOW," to be into "extreme preparedness," nor to "push guns, ammunition, survival extremes and emergency food storage."

Yeah - the quote of AVOW and Snuffer shows that the member hasn't done the research - AVOW is preparedness but has a very hard stance on Snuffer - he's apostate.

mirkwood
captain of 1,000

Post by mirkwood »

There may be some snufferites on avow, but avow is not remnant driven.

Silver Pie
seeker after Christ

Post by Silver Pie »

e-eye2.0 wrote: August 27th, 2017, 9:46 pm the quote of AVOW and Snuffer shows that the member hasn't done the research - AVOW is preparedness but has a very hard stance on Snuffer - he's apostate.
Exactly!

mirkwood wrote: August 28th, 2017, 9:09 pm There may be some snufferites on avow, but avow is not remnant driven.
True, and the "snufferites" on AVOW can probably be numbered on one hand (at most, two).

AI2.0
captain of 1,000

Post by AI2.0 »

Silver Pie wrote: August 27th, 2017, 6:53 pm Only, I'm pretty sure that AI2.0 knows that it isn't typical of "snufferites" to "talk about websites called AVOW," to be into "extreme preparedness," nor to "push guns, ammunition, survival extremes and emergency food storage."
Yep, it wasn't me. For one thing, I would have signed my name, not sent it anonymously.

And I agree, the person is lumping Snuffer people in with AVOW people, and if there is any overlap, it's small, IMO. Snufferism is not embraced at AVOW as it was here a couple of years ago.

It does sound like it could have been written by a person who frequented forums, and they could have been on LDSFF. I think it sounds like someone who was frustrated with the Snuffer group not being talked about or warned about in their ward and stake. Maybe they have a problem, but I'd think their Bishop would know about it.

I don't think there are any Snuffer sympathizers in my ward, I've never heard anyone in my ward say the kinds of things that Snuffer adherents share here.

AI2.0
captain of 1,000

Post by AI2.0 »

By the way, thanks for posting this. I appreciate it when people share information that I would not have otherwise found.