Who's watching the eclipse today?

For discussion of liberty, freedom, government and politics.
Rose Garden
Don't ask . . .

Who's watching the eclipse today?

Post by Rose Garden »

Where are you watching from? What is it like? What are your thoughts on the significance of it? Does it have specific meaning in your personal life? Do you believe it is a sign of bigger things?

Z2100
captain of 100

Re: Who's watching the eclipse today?

Post by Z2100 »

Meili wrote: August 21st, 2017, 10:07 am Where are you watching from? What is it like? What are your thoughts on the significance of it? Does it have specific meaning in your personal life? Do you believe it is a sign of bigger things?

I’m at school so I’ll try to watch it lol. FYI it’s just an eclipse. Nothing special. What I’m REALLY excited for is September 23rd.

creator
(of the Forum)

Post by creator »

Eclipses are stupid.

Z2100
captain of 100

Post by Z2100 »

BrianM wrote: August 21st, 2017, 10:25 am Eclipses are stupid.
Are you joking lol? Everyone thinks they’re cool.

Rose Garden
Don't ask . . .

Post by Rose Garden »

BrianM wrote: August 21st, 2017, 10:25 am Eclipses are stupid.
Whatever.

creator
(of the Forum)

Post by creator »

Z2100 wrote: August 21st, 2017, 10:20 amWhat I’m REALLY excited for is September 23rd.
If you're referring to the Fall Equinox you would be a day late. I am excited for that.

Alaris
Captain of 144,000

Post by Alaris »

Meili wrote: August 21st, 2017, 10:07 am Where are you watching from? What is it like? What are your thoughts on the significance of it? Does it have specific meaning in your personal life? Do you believe it is a sign of bigger things?
My son made a cereal box eclipse viewer, so we are going to watch and then take the kids to school after. His school said they could stay home which is likely to cover themselves as I can't imagine trying to keep a school full of elementary students from looking up at the sun. :ymparty:

I almost bought eclipse glasses on amazon - $ 50 for 4? Sheesh.

iWriteStuff
blithering blabbermouth

Post by iWriteStuff »

Personally, I think eclipses are awesome and I can't wait to stare at this one using an old pair of Oakleys.

If none of my posts make any sense later on, it's because I can no longer see the screen. Or the keyboard. Or anything.

Alaris
Captain of 144,000

Post by Alaris »

BrianM wrote: August 21st, 2017, 10:36 am
Z2100 wrote: August 21st, 2017, 10:20 amWhat I’m REALLY excited for is September 23rd.
If you're referring to the Fall Equinox you would be a day late. I am also excited for that.
He's referring to the fulfillment of Revelation 12 about the woman crowned with 12 stars, clothed with the sun and the moon under her feet. My take:

http://lordoftheseraphim.blogspot.com/2 ... aimer.html

Z2100
captain of 100

Post by Z2100 »

If you're referring to the Fall Equinox you would be a day late. I am also excited for that.
I’m referring to the Revelation 12 sign!

creator
(of the Forum)

Post by creator »

Well that's kinda meh too ;)

Z2100
captain of 100

Post by Z2100 »

alaris wrote: August 21st, 2017, 10:38 am
He's referring to the fulfillment of Revelation 12 about the woman crowned with 12 stars, clothed with the sun and the moon under her feet. My take:

http://lordoftheseraphim.blogspot.com/2 ... aimer.html
There is another website that talks about 23/9 but in a new light:

http://www.johnpratt.com/items/docs/201 ... h_sun.html

It’s really cool. Could you tie your view in with this? Then you could make the most ultimate thread EVER.

creator
(of the Forum)

Post by creator »

Actually it is interesting (the Sep 23 stuff).. however, by now I've just seen so many failed predictions tied to the events in the Book of Revelation.

Z2100
captain of 100

Post by Z2100 »

BrianM wrote: August 21st, 2017, 10:53 am Actually it is interesting (the Sep 23 stuff).. however, by now I've just seen so many failed predictions tied to the events in the Book of Revelation.
Like what? Just curious. Can you list a few? Lol

Sirocco
Praise Me!

Post by Sirocco »

My personal life is a mess, hopefully this is a sign of better times to come.

I just want to get over the one that got away, everything else can sort itself out. :))

creator
(of the Forum)

Post by creator »

Z2100 wrote: August 21st, 2017, 10:56 am
BrianM wrote: August 21st, 2017, 10:53 am Actually it is interesting (the Sep 23 stuff).. however, by now I've just seen so many failed predictions tied to the events in the Book of Revelation.
99% of the predictions with dates associated with them don't actually come true..

One example is the Palmoni Scrolls that were discussed quite a bit on this forum back in 2011/2012 (very interesting stuff there too):
viewtopic.php?t=20408
viewtopic.php?f=1&t=20405
viewtopic.php?t=26724
http://gigapan.com/profiles/angelpalmoni/gigapans

SmallFarm
captain of 1,000

Post by SmallFarm »

Got my shoe box observatory and my camera set up to take a time lapse of the shadows under a tree. Also thinking about the things I want to do away with in my life and how I want to move forward from here.

Elizabeth
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Elizabeth »

Not happening in Australia.

Z2100
captain of 100

Post by Z2100 »

BrianM wrote: August 21st, 2017, 11:02 am
99% of the predictions with dates associated with them don't actually come true..

One example is the Palmoni Scrolls that were discussed quite a bit on this forum back in 2011/2012 (very interesting stuff there too):
viewtopic.php?t=20408
viewtopic.php?t=26724

Ok. But 23/9 MATCHES the description! Even on the JST of Revelation 12:1, it says "in the likeliness of things on the earth." which means we can see it!

freedomforall
Gnolaum ∞

Post by freedomforall »

I witnessed a total, perfectly centered moon over the sun. Only a ring of light was seen; was able to look at the eclipse without eye protection for nearly two minutes, and it was awesome! Even the temperature dropped about seven degrees.
Eclipse Total.jpg
Eclipse Total.jpg (6.2 KiB) Viewed 1260 times

As a side note:

Eclipse will cost U.S. almost $700M in lost productivity
American employers will see at least $694 million in missing output for the roughly 20 minutes that workers will head outside and gaze at the nearly two-and-a-half minute eclipse, Reuters reports.

"There's very few people who are not going to walk outside when there's a celestial wonder happening above their heads to go out and view it," says Andy Challenger of Chicago-based outplacement firm Challenger, Gray & Christmas, which estimates that 87 million employees will be at work during the eclipse.

Still, Challenger said, $700 million is a tiny speck, "compared to the amount of wages being paid to an employee over a course of a year."
https://www.yahoo.com/katiecouric/total ... 46541.html

Z2100
captain of 100

Post by Z2100 »

freedomforall wrote: August 21st, 2017, 12:09 pm I witnessed a total, perfectly centered moon over the sun. Only a ring of light was seen; was able to look at the eclipse without eye protection for nearly two minutes, and it was awesome! Even the temperature dropped about seven degrees.

Eclipse Total.jpg

As a side note:

American employers will see at least $694 million in missing output for the roughly 20 minutes that workers will head outside and gaze at the nearly two-and-a-half minute eclipse, Reuters reports.

"There's very few people who are not going to walk outside when there's a celestial wonder happening above their heads to go out and view it," says Andy Challenger of Chicago-based outplacement firm Challenger, Gray & Christmas, which estimates that 87 million employees will be at work during the eclipse.

Still, Challenger said, $700 million is a tiny speck, "compared to the amount of wages being paid to an employee over a course of a year."
LUCKYY! Here in Arizona we have a partial but you don’t even notice it :(

Alaris
Captain of 144,000

Post by Alaris »

BrianM wrote: August 21st, 2017, 11:02 am

viewtopic.php?t=20408
viewtopic.php?t=26724
My prediction is that 9/23 marks the ascent of the Davidic Servant. I believe he will have an overt experience on or near that day - his command to "Arise." The fact we can only verify this event with the Davidic Servant and perhaps those near to him is a convenient byproduct of my belief, though we hopefully will be able to ask him some day soon. ;)

I am happy to admit I was wrong if and when that time comes. :ymparty:

Alaris
Captain of 144,000

Post by Alaris »

Z2100 wrote: August 21st, 2017, 12:12 pm
freedomforall wrote: August 21st, 2017, 12:09 pm I witnessed a total, perfectly centered moon over the sun. Only a ring of light was seen; was able to look at the eclipse without eye protection for nearly two minutes, and it was awesome! Even the temperature dropped about seven degrees.

Eclipse Total.jpg

As a side note:

LUCKYY! Here in Arizona we have a partial but you don’t even notice it :(
I was also underwhelmed in AZ. (-|]

Edit: I take it back. Right after I posted this I discovered a coworker had some eclipse lenses. I took a peek and it looked about like this:

freedomforall
Gnolaum ∞

Post by freedomforall »

Eclipse Path.jpg
Eclipse Path.jpg (105.85 KiB) Viewed 1212 times

Other locations:

https://search.yahoo.com/yhs/search?p=t ... mp=yhs-002

Carlen
Hi, I'm new.

Post by Carlen »

The solar eclipse calling the United States to repentance right before the "remnant movement" conference in September (in which God is expected to establish a covenant people again) and right before Denver Snuffer kicks off his talks to a broader Christian audience in locations across the country (just as an eclipse may have primed Nineveh for Jonah's preaching) seems very significant, especially with it being followed up with another sign in the heavens: a second timely fulfillment of the sign described in Revelation 12 (the first fulfillment having happened in Joseph Smith's day). Is God setting His hand again the second time to recover His people? It certainly seems that if we're willing, God is eager to fulfill His words and bring Zion.