Yesterday Spain and Today Finland

For discussion of liberty, freedom, government and politics.
Fiannan
Level 34 Illuminated

Yesterday Spain and Today Finland

Post by Fiannan »

Any predictions for the location of the next terror attack in Europe?

If you want uncensored video of what took place yesterday in Barcelona you can search "Liveleak spain van attack."

gardener4life
captain of 1,000

Re: Yesterday Spain and Today Finland

Post by gardener4life »

You would think they would stop letting people with ties to the Middle East rent vans and trucks...right?

And it's not racist to prevent people from using a car or truck as a people lawnmower.

RocknRoll
captain of 100

Post by RocknRoll »

gardener4life wrote: August 18th, 2017, 10:06 am You would think they would stop letting people with ties to the Middle East rent vans and trucks...right?

And it's not racist to prevent people from using a car or truck as a people lawnmower.
How would a car rental place possibly know if a person has tied to the Middle East?

RocknRoll
captain of 100

Post by RocknRoll »

RocknRoll wrote: August 18th, 2017, 10:38 am
gardener4life wrote: August 18th, 2017, 10:06 am You would think they would stop letting people with ties to the Middle East rent vans and trucks...right?

How would a car rental place possibly know if a person has ties to the Middle East?

Silver
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Silver »

You would think that Americans would finally wise up and listen to Dr. Ron Paul. Dr. Paul has warned us for years that there would be blowback for all of the Western attacks in the Middle East and South Asia and North Africa. The chickens have come home to roost.

America and her allies have killed over a million innocent people in the last 20 years. As shocking and unfortunate as the incidents are, the terrorists have a long, long way to go to catch up with the murderous West.

inho
captain of 1,000

Post by inho »

According to the Finnish news, police is not currently investigating it as a terrorist attack. However, the motive is still unknown so that might change. Although a knife attack is a prettu unusual method for terrorism.

gardener4life
captain of 1,000

Post by gardener4life »

RocknRoll wrote: August 18th, 2017, 10:38 am

How would a car rental place possibly know if a person has tied to the Middle East?
Well they have these things called "IDs" and "background checks". They work pretty well but people don't use them. Even just corporation hiring in the US they often overlook people's criminal backgrounds.

Fiannan
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Fiannan »

inho wrote: August 18th, 2017, 10:56 am According to the Finnish news, police is not currently investigating it as a terrorist attack. However, the motive is still unknown so that might change. Although a knife attack is a prettu unusual method for terrorism.
Not in Britain and Germany. Odd how all the knife attackers yell "Allah Ackbar" during the attacks.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/world-news ... s-11010657

Not sure of the motive of course. Just can't figure that out. Any ideas?

Fiannan
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Fiannan »

They should not mess with Finns. The women there are more manly and brave than the average northern European male. They are as brave as Russians and Poles. Maybe places like Sweden, France and Germany should advertise for Finnish men to contribute to their fertility clinics.

https://www.liveleak.com/view?i=281_1488165902

inho
captain of 1,000

Post by inho »

Fiannan wrote: August 18th, 2017, 11:19 am Not in Britain and Germany. Odd how all the knife attackers yell "Allah Ackbar" during the attacks.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/world-news ... s-11010657
From that article:
As he carried out the terrifying attack, cries of "Allahu Akbar" were apparently heard - although many have argued on social media that the phrase sounds like "beware" in Finnish.

Police said tonight they cannot confirm if the man was shouting in Arabic and confirmed they are not treating the incident as a terror attack.
Some have said that they hear "Allahu Akbar" in this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Taic0Alg6pM. I watched it and I think it is clear that someone shouts "varo" and "varokaa" which means 'beware'. I am not sure about the shout in the very beginning of the video, but since it is the same voice that shouts "varo" it makes no sense if he would first shout "Allahu Akbar".

Fiannan
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Fiannan »

So he shouts beware and he shices into a woman? Sure sounds like he is shouting the standard phrase.

I think you can use a translation app to see that the Finns commenting appear to be convinced of this guy's motives.

inho
captain of 1,000

Post by inho »

Fiannan wrote: August 18th, 2017, 1:09 pm So he shouts beware and he shices into a woman?
The video doesn't show who is shouting. I am pretty fluent in Finnish and I hear "varo" and "varokaa". There are some Finnish racists that spreads the "Allahu Akbar" lie in their online magazines and social media.

Fiannan
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Fiannan »

inho wrote: August 18th, 2017, 1:16 pm
Fiannan wrote: August 18th, 2017, 1:09 pm So he shouts beware and he shices into a woman?
The video doesn't show who is shouting. I am pretty fluent in Finnish and I hear "varo" and "varokaa". There are some Finnish racists that spreads the "Allahu Akbar" lie in their online magazines and social media.
Islam is not a race.

And I have heard some songs played backwards and you know what, you often hear what you want to hear, or not.

inho
captain of 1,000

Post by inho »

Fiannan wrote: August 18th, 2017, 1:21 pm Islam is not a race.

And I have heard some songs played backwards and you know what, you often hear what you want to hear, or not.
I never said that Islam is a race. But those Finns who most actively spread the "Allahu Akbar" nonsense are definitely racists. Not because of this, but due to other stuff they have said before.

Let me repeat: the video does not show who is shouting. So far I have not found any other evidence to support the "Allahu Akbar" claim. None of the eye witnesses interviewed in the Finnish news say that. On the contrary, some of them say that it was totally unclear what was happening. When they heard the first screams from the victims, they thought that it was just some teenagers fooling around. They would not say that if the suspect had shouted "Allahu Akbar" or something similar.

Fiannan
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Fiannan »

inho wrote: August 18th, 2017, 1:29 pm
Fiannan wrote: August 18th, 2017, 1:21 pm Islam is not a race.

I never said that Islam is a race. But those Finns who most actively spread the "Allahu Akbar" nonsense are definitely racists. Not because of this, but due to other stuff they have said before.

Let me repeat: the video does not show who is shouting. So far I have not found any other evidence to support the "Allahu Akbar" claim. None of the eye witnesses interviewed in the Finnish news say that. On the contrary, some of them say that it was totally unclear what was happening. When they heard the first screams from the victims, they thought that it was just some teenagers fooling around. They would not say that if the suspect had shouted "Allahu Akbar" or something similar.
Regardless of if he yelled it or not most of the other attacks (i.e. Spain) have a common thread. Have any idea what it might be?

inho
captain of 1,000

Post by inho »

Fiannan wrote: August 18th, 2017, 1:40 pm Regardless of if he yelled it or not most of the other attacks (i.e. Spain) have a common thread. Have any idea what it might be?
Since we don't still know if this was a terrorist attack or just a random act of violence by some lunatic, it is kind of hard to say what are the other attacks this should be compared with and what are the commonalities.

Seek the Truth
captain of 1,000

Post by Seek the Truth »

Silver wrote: August 18th, 2017, 10:48 am You would think that Americans would finally wise up and listen to Dr. Ron Paul. Dr. Paul has warned us for years that there would be blowback for all of the Western attacks in the Middle East and South Asia and North Africa. The chickens have come home to roost.

America and her allies have killed over a million innocent people in the last 20 years. As shocking and unfortunate as the incidents are, the terrorists have a long, long way to go to catch up with the murderous West.
We killed lots of people in WWII and they don't attack us.

Fiannan
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Fiannan »

inho wrote: August 18th, 2017, 1:51 pm
Fiannan wrote: August 18th, 2017, 1:40 pm Regardless of if he yelled it or not most of the other attacks (i.e. Spain) have a common thread. Have any idea what it might be?
Since we don't still know if this was a terrorist attack or just a random act of violence by some lunatic, it is kind of hard to say what are the other attacks this should be compared with and what are the commonalities.
So you believe that for someting to be considered a terrorist attack it has to be organized by a specific terrorist organization? What if someone does indeed act as a lone wolf who is inspired by a specific ideology?

sushi_chef
captain of 1,000

Post by sushi_chef »

"US Senate Intelligence Committee Chairman Richard Burr said that terrorist attacks in Spain and Finland demonstrate the importance of continuing to fight terrorism around the world.
"
spain finland richard burr
https://search.yahoo.co.jp/search?ei=UT ... ard%20Burr

:-B

sushi_chef
captain of 1,000

Post by sushi_chef »

" globalresearch.ca aug 18 2017
Who is Behind the Barcelona and Cambrils Attacks? Can We Trust the Official Reports?

....ISIS was behind the attacks. It was an act of retribution against the West. The media in chorus –quoting authoritative sources– claims that the choice of Las Ramblas was “part of a strategy on the part of ISIS to target popular destinations in major cities across Europe”. “We know these people [ISIS militants] go for trophies; they go for iconic sites,” said Anthony Glees, director of the Centre for Security and Intelligence Studies at the University of Buckingham.” (CBC, August 18, 2017)

Reports state without a shred of evidence that the ISIS claimed responsibility and that the attack in Barcelona was carried out by “soldiers of the Islamic State” against “countries participating in the coalition against the ISIS in Syria and Iraq (CBC, August 18, 2017). An absurd proposition: It was the Syrian government SAA forces with the support of Russia and Iran which drove ISIS rebels out of Syria. And Russia is not the target of acts of retribution led by ISIS.

The US-led counterterrorism operation initiated by Obama in 2014 was not meant to go after the ISIS. Quite the opposite: the coalition was killing civilians while providing covert support including weapons to the ISIS.

What the media fails to acknowledge is that the ISIS is a construct of US intelligence, namely an “intelligence asset” which is supported, trained and financed covertly by Washington and its allies including Turkey and Saudi Arabia, UK, France and Israel. There is ample documentation on this issue.

The link between the intelligence services of Western governments and Al Qaeda affiliated terror organizations is crucial and cannot be denied. An understanding of who was behind the attacks must necessarily address the issue of the “State sponsorship” of terrorism.
"
http://www.globalresearch.ca/who-is-beh ... ts/5604719
:-B

inho
captain of 1,000

Post by inho »

Fiannan wrote: August 18th, 2017, 9:57 pm So you believe that for someting to be considered a terrorist attack it has to be organized by a specific terrorist organization?
Did I ever say that? Why are you putting words in my mouth? We do not know the motive, thus we do not know if it was a terrorist attack or not.

inho
captain of 1,000

Post by inho »

Just read the latest Finnish news: police is now investigating it as a terrorism. However, the claim that he shouted "Allahu Akbar" seems to be untrue. Knowing more about him now, I guess he could have shouted that.

Two died and eigth injured. The suspect targeted only women. One of the dead was Jehova's Witness who was proselytizing there. Several bystanders tried to stop the attacker. Group of men chased him before police shot him in the leg.
Last edited by inho on August 19th, 2017, 5:53 am, edited 1 time in total.

skmo
captain of 1,000

Post by skmo »

Fiannan wrote: August 18th, 2017, 11:19 am Not sure of the motive of course. Just can't figure that out. Any ideas?
Well, if you want a wonderfully delicious sarcastic look into a possible future (written before the election) check out:

The Mystery "Allahu Akbar!"

Silver
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Silver »

Seek the Truth wrote: August 18th, 2017, 4:05 pm
Silver wrote: August 18th, 2017, 10:48 am You would think that Americans would finally wise up and listen to Dr. Ron Paul. Dr. Paul has warned us for years that there would be blowback for all of the Western attacks in the Middle East and South Asia and North Africa. The chickens have come home to roost.

We killed lots of people in WWII and they don't attack us.
So you're saying that some people are good at forgiving Americans for killing innocent people and some are not?

Let's turn the tables around here. If a large Chinese naval armada was parked off our West Coast and had declared the entire western seaboard a "no-fly zone" and if Chinese troops constantly patrolled Californian neighborhoods, regularly kicking in doors and spraying the interior of the house with bullets, and if Chinese drones frequently interrupted Californian weddings and surgeries, would you be surprised if an American in China rented a car and tried to run over some shoppers in a crowded market?

skmo
captain of 1,000

Post by skmo »

Silver wrote: August 19th, 2017, 4:27 am Let's turn the tables around here. If a large Chinese naval armada was parked off our West Coast and had declared the entire western seaboard a "no-fly zone" and if Chinese troops constantly patrolled Californian neighborhoods...
While we're turning table with Chinese, let's turn a few more. Why would the Chinese want to do that? Well, let's say that a decade and a half ago, a group of Americans blew up the Shanghai Tower (it didn't exist then, but this is just hypothetical) killing thousands of Chinese. In the intervening years, Americans also attacked:

Bali, Indonesia, killing 200 people
Moscow, Russia, killing 170 people,
A train in Madrid, Spain killing 191 people
A school in Beslan, Russia, killing over 300 people, more than half of them children
A train in London, killing over 50 people
Trains in Mumbai killing over 200 people
Jaipur, India killing 80 people

Hang on, the list has a few more

Mumbai, India killing over 150 people
A Chinese hotel chain in Indonesia killing 9 people
In China, an American working in the Chinese military kills 13 Chinese soldiers on one of their bases
In Russia at Domodedovo International Airport killing 37 people
Makhachkala, Russia killing an unknown number but at least 14
Grozny, Russia killing 26 people
A school in Pakistan killing 148 people
A magazine office in Paris, killing 17 people
A museum in Tunisia, killing over 20 people
A university in Kenya killing about 150 people

Patience, we're almost done

Multiple attacks in Turkey killing over 100 people
A Russian jet, killing over 220 people
Armenas, Algeria killing over 60 people
A shopping mall in Kenya killing over 60 people
Kano, Nigeria, killing 120 people
A village in Cameroon killing 30 people
Paris, France and surrounding areas, killing 20 people
A university again in Kenya killing 148 people
More attacks around Paris, France, this time killing 137 people
A police training camp in Libya, killing over 50 people
A Kenya military base killing over 60 people
Nice, France killing 87 people
A nightclub in Istanbul, Turkey killing 39 people
Manchester, England, killing 22 people

And literally HUNDREDS of other attacks resulting in single digit deaths or only serious injuries.

I'd think many people around the world would want us watched closely.