How Do I Make a Youtube Link Work?

For discussion of liberty, freedom, government and politics.

I Added a Poll to be Silly

Fords
17%
Chevys
10%
Mopar
5%
Bacon - The Answer is Always Bacon
17%
9mm
7%
45 ACP (The Way John Browning Meant It To Be)
14%
Sunsets Are Orange Because God is a Denver Broncos Fan
10%
More Bacon!
21%

Total votes: 42
skmo
captain of 1,000

How Do I Make a Youtube Link Work?

Post by skmo »

I had trouble making YouTube links work until someone (Smallfarm, I think?) showed me what to do.

There is a YouTube function that you can use. It looks like this:

{youtube} {/youtube}

PLEASE NOTE - For this demo I have added spaces in URL links or replaced the [ ] brackets with { } so they won't default to doing their function. Just know that if you click on the YouTube button, the things you need will come up.

A typical YouTube link looks like this:

https ://www. youtube. com/watch?v=r1i2l1N9myc

(That's a video by a guy who goes by Wranglerstar, it's a nice channel about homesteading. The video I'm using is his "10 Skills A Man Needs by 21")

Notice that in the last half of the URL there is an equal sign = which is followed by letters and numbers. The letters and numbers that come AFTER the equal sign is all you need to put in the {youtube} {/youtube} In the above link, it's: r1i2l1N9myc

If you put those letters and numbers in between the YouTube function your post will have the YouTube video embedded in it. It will look like this:

{youtube}r1i2l1N9myc{/youtube}

That will make your video show in the post. Happy linking!

BeNotDeceived
Agent38

Re: How Do I Make a Youtube Link Work?

Post by BeNotDeceived »

{youtube}YhxsY7nHQTY{/youtube}

Replace curly brackets with square ones. Image

Denver Bronco's reminded me of another weird deal.

88, 89, 90 was three years where 49's ruled and I would at times do work coded 3490 and there was an apparent match. @-)

One evening I went to the local 7 with a couple friends/co-workers who wanted to taunt Gimpy, which is what they called the poor handicapped guy that worked there. Seems they had had confrontations and they wanted me to join in their mis-guided battle. We strode about the store being loud and stuff to annoy the guy, but I began to realize they were on a bad mission to make life miserable for some poor guy, doing his best to deal with his unfortunate situation.

There were 49er Jersey's hanging up and I had just acquired Gerry Rice and other 49 players in the latest fad of fantasy football, so I bought one of the shirts and soon thereafter the earthquake struck during the world-series. When weird-deals occur I tend to shy away from them, but Buffalo won shortly after buying one of their shirts too, so I decided no-more sports jerseys, until one day I was stuck at the Denver airport needing to get a birthday gift for my late nephew who was born in April. I bought a Bronco's jersey for him despite my earlier reluctance. Denver won the Super Bowl that year. :-?

Hope you like run-on sentences like I do. Image

brianj
captain of 1,000

Post by brianj »

Not one vote for 9mm.

Good.

skmo
captain of 1,000

Post by skmo »

brianj wrote: August 18th, 2017, 9:14 pm Not one vote for 9mm.

Good.
45.jpg
45.jpg (51.58 KiB) Viewed 670 times

BeNotDeceived
Agent38

Post by BeNotDeceived »

https://ldsfreedomforum.com/viewtopic.p ... 90#p800542

3490 is one eternal round including Denver and LDSFF Bronco73idi :idea:

Things keep getting curiouser and curiouser :P

BeNotDeceived
Agent38

Post by BeNotDeceived »

There’s a replacement video for my 3490 experience that’s back a few posts in this thread.

More can be found by searching 3490. :idea:

FoxMammaWisdom
The Heretic

Post by FoxMammaWisdom »

I voted "Fords" since if I didn't pick Fords on a pole where there's a Ford vs Chevy, my child might disown me. So just in case, I pick Fords.

BeNotDeceived
Agent38

Post by BeNotDeceived »

FoxMammaWisdom wrote: December 28th, 2022, 2:25 am I voted "Fords" since if I didn't pick Fords on a pole where there's a Ford vs Chevy, my child might disown me. So just in case, I pick Fords.
The car in the video reminds me of Timothy McVies car and the OKC Memorial. They have hubcaps on display and photos, or maybe the actual car. Maybe it’s a Ford?

Fords were easier to short the starter solenoid which often failed in vintage cars. On my Chevy I had to slide under the car sometimes. :?

Most Fords now are really Nissan or Mazda in disguise. :lol:

Silver Pie
seeker after Christ

Post by Silver Pie »

I didn't realize this thread was so old. Lol. Useful advice. Your post ought to be stickied because so many people don't know how to embed a YT video.
skmo wrote: August 17th, 2017, 2:26 pm I had trouble making YouTube links work until someone (Smallfarm, I think?) showed me what to do.

There is a YouTube function that you can use. It looks like this:

{youtube} {/youtube}

PLEASE NOTE - For this demo I have added spaces in URL links or replaced the [ ] brackets with { } so they won't default to doing their function. Just know that if you click on the YouTube button, the things you need will come up.

A typical YouTube link looks like this:

https ://www. youtube. com/watch?v=r1i2l1N9myc

(That's a video by a guy who goes by Wranglerstar, it's a nice channel about homesteading. The video I'm using is his "10 Skills A Man Needs by 21")

Notice that in the last half of the URL there is an equal sign = which is followed by letters and numbers. The letters and numbers that come AFTER the equal sign is all you need to put in the {youtube} {/youtube} In the above link, it's: r1i2l1N9myc

If you put those letters and numbers in between the YouTube function your post will have the YouTube video embedded in it. It will look like this:

{youtube}r1i2l1N9myc{/youtube}

That will make your video show in the post. Happy linking!

Niemand
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Niemand »

Step one: find video.
Attachments
20221229_210845.jpg
20221229_210845.jpg (140.53 KiB) Viewed 214 times

Niemand
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Niemand »

Step 2 Then you take the bit after the = sign and put that code in between the two [youtube][/youtube] brackets.
Attachments
20221229_211033.jpg
20221229_211033.jpg (3.9 KiB) Viewed 209 times
20221229_211002.jpg
20221229_211002.jpg (26.94 KiB) Viewed 209 times

Niemand
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Niemand »

Step 3 - You have a link to the obligatory corny cat video that all your Facebook friends have shared.(or alternatively a five hour long epic in which someone doesn't tell you very much but except you are being exploited or lied to by some élite group or another.)

Niemand
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Niemand »

Additional info. Most YouTube links including the app will give you a share option on a video. On this cat video, you can see that there is a share button on the top right. Click that and then go to copy address. It will give you the code just mentioned, even on many embedded videos.

Sadly this doesn't work for Bitchute, Vimeo, Odyssee, Rumble or many of the other video sharing platforms around.
Attachments
Screenshot_20221229-211710_Brave.jpg
Screenshot_20221229-211710_Brave.jpg (344.03 KiB) Viewed 190 times

RosyPosy
captain of 100

Post by RosyPosy »

My personal choice is 9mm double stack 1911 (2011). But I have a 45 as well.

Silver Pie
seeker after Christ

Post by Silver Pie »

Niemand wrote: December 29th, 2022, 2:12 pm Step 2 Then you take the bit after the = sign and put that code in between the two [youtube][/youtube] brackets.
These screenshots really add to the instructions, imo. Visual people might understand the instructions better when they see that.

BeNotDeceived
Agent38

Post by BeNotDeceived »

Silver Pie wrote: December 30th, 2022, 8:55 pm
Niemand wrote: December 29th, 2022, 2:12 pm Step 2 Then you take the bit after the = sign and put that code in between the two [youtube][/youtube] brackets.
These screenshots really add to the instructions, imo. Visual people might understand the instructions better when they see that.

Code: Select all

[youtube]fLFiWKit_Tg[/youtube]

</> </>
. . J . .

SQUAT