Deleted

For discussion of liberty, freedom, government and politics.
kittycat51
captain of 1,000

Re: The best relaxation techniques

Post by kittycat51 »

Fifty million dollar question. Truly solve this and be rich. Yes there are "techniques" out there that CAN and do help. But coming from one who suffers 24/7 from awful anxiety, I'm looking for the cure. I've tried MANY things but have yet to find the BIG one. (Getting away from home, work, school etc and up to the mountains/nature helps me relax more though) Actually something that I just started a couple of months ago is massage therapy. I found a good local gal that is actually in my stake whom I have come to trust. I feel more relaxed than I have in years when I'm there. The effects can be felt for several hours afterwards also. BEST thing ever.

Silver
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Silver »

Onsen. You've got to try a traditional Japanese onsen, or hot springs. The best onsen is up in the mountains, and has a menu so you can eat there without leaving (many hotels have actually been built up around onsen so you can even spend the night there). Spend the day or a week there and just relax while observing nature and soaking away your aches and pains and worries. Go with a spousal unit and spend the time out of the water discussing the things that will make you both better people and therefore a better couple. Laugh, cry, love and be one.

I'm going to Japan in October if anybody wants to tag along. I'll get you safely in and out. You can choose your own itinerary while there. (Unfortunately, I must stay in Tokyo for biz meetings the entire time.)

The picture below is the male side of the spa. The women chill out on the other side of the bamboo wall.
onsen.png
onsen.png (128.99 KiB) Viewed 280 times

Rose Garden
Don't ask . . .

Post by Rose Garden »

MJ

stillwater
captain of 100

Post by stillwater »

Here are a few of my favorites:

A long walk (1 hr +). This is most relaxing for me when I have a specific route or destination in mind, rather than aimlessly.

Laying flat on the floor, pillow under knees (15 mins)

Massage/rubdown from spouse

Floating on my back in calm water

eddie
captain of 1,000

Post by eddie »

Be one with music and laughter help me. Turn on some rock music, get down dancing in front of a mirror, and then laugh for at least a minute. It works

larsenb
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by larsenb »

stillwater wrote: August 16th, 2017, 11:11 am Here are a few of my favorites: . . . . . Massage/rubdown from spouse . . . .
You're getting close . . . . . . .