The Alt-Right

For discussion of liberty, freedom, government and politics.
Jonesy
captain of 1,000

The Alt-Right

Post by Jonesy »

Apparently I didn't know what the alt-right movement was or what it stood for. I was under the impression that the alt-right covered a broader spectrum. I don't really care for politics much, so I guess it was a bit of surprise to know what it really was. Pardon my ignorance!

Wikipedia version of the alt-right:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alt-right

This one is long, but he talks about Charlottesville, who's to blame, and the origins of the alt-right.

oneClimbs
captain of 1,000

Re: The Alt-Right

Post by oneClimbs »

Yeah, it's interesting. If the "alt-right" is made up of white supremacists there can't be that many of them. I don't think I've ever met a white supremacist in my entire life. I think it shows the serious lack of intelligence one possesses if their main basis for hating someone and elevating themselves is their skin color. If you want to make a legitimate case concerning something to debate, I think there's a better argument for one culture being better than another, but people can get along just fine no matter what shade of brown they happen to be. I'm mixed race myself, and guess what, so is everyone else to one degree or another. It's just all so stupid.

h_p
captain of 1,000

Post by h_p »

We have white supremacists who post on this forum.

Sirocco
Praise Me!

Post by Sirocco »

I could never be racist, so many beautiful people of other races, a girl I was head over heals for was mixed race.

Still maintain we would have had genius children her and I but alas is it not meant to be, and I fear with the growing of crazy social justice, my dream of a non social justice family is dwindling.

markharr
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by markharr »

5tev3 wrote: August 15th, 2017, 9:13 pm Yeah, it's interesting. If the "alt-right" is made up of white supremacists there can't be that many of them. I don't think I've ever met a white supremacist in my entire life. I think it shows the serious lack of intelligence one possesses if their main basis for hating someone and elevating themselves is their skin color. If you want to make a legitimate case concerning something to debate, I think there's a better argument for one culture being better than another, but people can get along just fine no matter what shade of brown they happen to be. I'm mixed race myself, and guess what, so is everyone else to one degree or another. It's just all so stupid.

Didn't you know? You can't cross the street in America without getting run over by a KKK march.

Jonesy
captain of 1,000

Post by Jonesy »

I have grown up around people of that mindset. What was weird about it all is that I grew up in a rural, all-white farm community. It didn't make sense, and it never stuck with me.

I do believe you're on to something about the culture part of it, though; especially in relation to Zion. The scriptures allow some insights about race, lineage, culture, etc. also, but it's a sensitive topic that it may be more than we can now receive about how it all fits together. Nevertheless, none are withheld from salvation, and that's good enough for me for the time being.

Jonesy
captain of 1,000

Post by Jonesy »

h_p wrote: August 15th, 2017, 9:34 pm We have white supremacists who post on this forum.
Do they realize it, or are they actually?

h_p
captain of 1,000

Post by h_p »

Jonesy1982 wrote: August 15th, 2017, 9:50 pm
h_p wrote: August 15th, 2017, 9:34 pm We have white supremacists who post on this forum.
Do they realize it, or are they actually?
If someone says they believe whites are a superior race and more favored in God's eyes than other races, they're white supremacists, by definition, whether they want to label themselves that or not.

And I'll say the same thing about anyone who thinks any other race is superior to any other.

Seek the Truth
captain of 1,000

Post by Seek the Truth »

Jonesy1982 wrote: August 15th, 2017, 5:23 pm Apparently I didn't know what the alt-right movement was or what it stood for. I was under the impression that the alt-right covered a broader spectrum. I don't really care for politics much, so I guess it was a bit of surprise to know what it really was. Pardon my ignorance!

Wikipedia version of the alt-right:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alt-right

This one is long, but he talks about Charlottesville, who's to blame, and the origins of the alt-right.

Ben Shapiro is a weasel and a snake.

Jonesy
captain of 1,000

Post by Jonesy »

Seek the Truth wrote: August 15th, 2017, 10:03 pm Ben Shapiro is a weasel and a snake.
Really? The things I've seen so far I've agreed with, for the most part. How is he a weasel and snake?

Elizabeth
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Elizabeth »

The correct term is White Nationalists not "white supremacists".
Last edited by Elizabeth on August 15th, 2017, 10:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sirocco
Praise Me!

Post by Sirocco »

I don't mind Ben Shapiro, he is certainly more serious then folks like Alex Jones or Milo. And while I do like Trump more then he does I do trust what he says.
Though not as funny as Steven Crowder, i would put Steven Crowder as my favourite right wing personality around these days.

Seek the Truth
captain of 1,000

Post by Seek the Truth »

Jonesy1982 wrote: August 15th, 2017, 10:09 pm
Seek the Truth wrote: August 15th, 2017, 10:03 pm Ben Shapiro is a weasel and a snake.
Really? The things I've seen so far I've agreed with, for the most part. How is he a weasel and snake?
He is a nevertrumper but won't admit it, fell hook line and sinker for the Michelle Fields scam, has a personal vendetta with Steve Bannon that he won't talk about, and uses every occasion he can to knock the ill defined "alt right". Ben Shapiro would walk over his mother's corpse for more clicks and views. He was a local radio host here for years, I know him well.

You don't have to agree with me but distrust and verify everything he says.

Jonesy
captain of 1,000

Post by Jonesy »

Elizabeth wrote: August 15th, 2017, 10:29 pm The correct term is White Nationalists not "white supremacists".
Wow, thank you for pointing that out. I totally glossed over that. That is an important distinction.

However, this is where it starts to get gray. The "white" part of it makes me a little uncomfortable, but at the same time I can somewhat identify as to wondering whether multiculturalism is really a good thing or not. Regardless, I have always seemed to parallel 2 Nephi 1:6 with the Statue of Liberty Poem (inspired or not) of "Give me your tired, your poor", etc. It's all inclusive regardless of race.

Seek the Truth
captain of 1,000

Post by Seek the Truth »

The race thing is not very relevant. Danes and Swedes don't like each other but no one can tell them apart. Multiculturalism is of the devil and should be eschewed. Nationalism is biblical. This is what we've been dreaming of for so many decades, please don't anyone screw it up.

Jonesy
captain of 1,000

Post by Jonesy »

Seek the Truth wrote: August 15th, 2017, 10:50 pm
Jonesy1982 wrote: August 15th, 2017, 10:09 pm
He is a nevertrumper but won't admit it, fell hook line and sinker for the Michelle Fields scam, has a personal vendetta with Steve Bannon that he won't talk about, and uses every occasion he can to knock the ill defined "alt right". Ben Shapiro would walk over his mother's corpse for more clicks and views. He was a local radio host here for years, I know him well.

You don't have to agree with me but distrust and verify everything he says.
Interesting. I never got the nevertrumper vibe, but I think he would admit it. I don't think he has to though. He didn't vote for Trump, and admits he doesn't align with him. He worked for Breitbart, didn't he? I'm sure there's a backstory...maybe it has to do with the alt-right dilemmas? He is a Jew. Ill-defined alt-right is a good way to put it, but I think he did a great job of explaining it.

As far as trusting and verifying, it's always a good idea; but he's one of the best I've seen at referencing or citing verifiable facts. I don't know, I don't really see it.

Seek the Truth
captain of 1,000

Post by Seek the Truth »

Half the people at Breitbart are jews, all loyal to Bannon except the weasel Shapiro. Shapiro backstabbed them over the Michelle Fields thing. Shapiro didn't vote for Trump but basically that makes you a nevertrumper that won't admit it. Nevetrumpers were at least honest. I hold Ben Shapiro in the lowest of esteem.

Elizabeth
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Elizabeth »

The White Nationalist or Separatists movement seeks freedom to live with their own race, the right to self defence and to bear arms,
a safe homeland for their families... preferably in self sustained communities based on loyalty to race and nation, high moral standards and Christian values, monogamous marriage between one man and one woman, keeping ones word with honour, the rule of just law and respect for the authority of justice.

Seek the Truth
captain of 1,000

Post by Seek the Truth »

Black folks have their race based organizations, Hispanics have theirs, they created the rationalization for white racial groups. This is the creation of leftists.

Silver
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Silver »

I wonder if there will be white nationalism or white supremacy in the highest level of the Celestial Kingdom. Just kidding. I don't wonder about it at all. That's because I know God is no respecter of persons. Worthy sons and daughters of every culture and race will be in the Celestial Kingdom. What about Zion then, meaning the Zion we are to create here on Earth? Should it contain only white people? Obviously not. In fact, the Lamanites, in particular, have their mission to fulfill in that regard. What about when the Lost 10 Tribes return? Should we only permit the white ones to assist in the labors of building God's Kingdom? Obviously not.

Given the above, the racists, including those on LDSFF, should repent of their incorrectly held beliefs. If the alt-right is made up of white supremacists, it's news to me. I know of some who identify as alt-righters and their only argument is over the proper role of government and race doesn't even enter the picture.

And if you think that ol' Silver doesn't know what he's talking about, here's my favorite James E. Faust quote ever:

"I have learned to admire, respect, and love the good people from every race, culture, and nation that I have been privileged to visit. In my experience, no race or class seems superior to any other in spirituality and faithfulness. Those who seem less caring spiritually are those individuals—regardless of race, culture, or nationality—spoken of by the Savior in the parable of the sower who are “choked with cares and riches and pleasures of this life, and bring no fruit to perfection.” (close quote)

So, racists, you can repent now, or repent later of your racist tendencies. However, I assure you that you will eventually repent of them.

buffalo_girl
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by buffalo_girl »

Is it possible this 'Punch & Judy' Show is the means by which those looking to establish global government will bring it about? Creating conflict between ordinary people makes their goal so much easier. Things get so bad on the street martial law needs to be declared.

This write-up is a good insight, in my opinion.

https://libertyblitzkrieg.com/2017/08/1 ... ttesville/

h_p
captain of 1,000

Post by h_p »

buffalo_girl wrote: August 16th, 2017, 6:37 am Is it possible this 'Punch & Judy' Show is the means by which those looking to establish global government will bring it about? Creating conflict between
Entirely possible and very likely. When the police are told to stand down and not intervene, then they all leave as soon as things start getting ugly ("too dangerous" in their own words), there's certainly more going on than a Reds vs. Brownshirts street brawl.

harakim
captain of 1,000

Post by harakim »

Silver wrote: August 16th, 2017, 5:41 am I wonder if there will be white nationalism or white supremacy in the highest level of the Celestial Kingdom. Just kidding. I don't wonder about it at all. That's because I know God is no respecter of persons. Worthy sons and daughters of every culture and race will be in the Celestial Kingdom. What about Zion then, meaning the Zion we are to create here on Earth? Should it contain only white people? Obviously not. In fact, the Lamanites, in particular, have their mission to fulfill in that regard. What about when the Lost 10 Tribes return? Should we only permit the white ones to assist in the labors of building God's Kingdom? Obviously not.

Given the above, the racists, including those on LDSFF, should repent of their incorrectly held beliefs. If the alt-right is made up of white supremacists, it's news to me. I know of some who identify as alt-righters and their only argument is over the proper role of government and race doesn't even enter the picture.

And if you think that ol' Silver doesn't know what he's talking about, here's my favorite James E. Faust quote ever:

"I have learned to admire, respect, and love the good people from every race, culture, and nation that I have been privileged to visit. In my experience, no race or class seems superior to any other in spirituality and faithfulness. Those who seem less caring spiritually are those individuals—regardless of race, culture, or nationality—spoken of by the Savior in the parable of the sower who are “choked with cares and riches and pleasures of this life, and bring no fruit to perfection.” (close quote)

So, racists, you can repent now, or repent later of your racist tendencies. However, I assure you that you will eventually repent of them.
Hard to appear to be jumping in on the side of white supremacists, but it seems like you didn't read anything Elizabeth wrote about white nationalists. It's not about race, it's about culture. Just like you how you think you should be allowed to have LDS church values in your family. That makes you a religion supremacist and you better repent!

skmo
captain of 1,000

Post by skmo »

Silver wrote: August 16th, 2017, 5:41 am So, racists, you can repent now, or repent later of your racist tendencies. However, I assure you that you will eventually repent of them.
That's kind of like me saying "You fatsos out there really need to cut back on the friggin' cake.. Eat a salad, chubster!"

Silver
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Silver »

harakim wrote: August 16th, 2017, 11:40 pm
Silver wrote: August 16th, 2017, 5:41 am I wonder if there will be white nationalism or white supremacy in the highest level of the Celestial Kingdom. Just kidding. I don't wonder about it at all. That's because I know God is no respecter of persons. Worthy sons and daughters of every culture and race will be in the Celestial Kingdom. What about Zion then, meaning the Zion we are to create here on Earth? Should it contain only white people? Obviously not. In fact, the Lamanites, in particular, have their mission to fulfill in that regard. What about when the Lost 10 Tribes return? Should we only permit the white ones to assist in the labors of building God's Kingdom? Obviously not.

Hard to appear to be jumping in on the side of white supremacists, but it seems like you didn't read anything Elizabeth wrote about white nationalists. It's not about race, it's about culture. Just like you how you think you should be allowed to have LDS church values in your family. That makes you a religion supremacist and you better repent!
With Elizabeth there is a history of racism. I wasn't responding to just one post of hers.