Charlottesville Race Riots

For discussion of liberty, freedom, government and politics.
Jonesy
captain of 1,000

Re: Charlottesville Race Riots

Post by Jonesy »

Does anyone think this is like Obama was to "radical Islamic terrorism" as Trump is to "white supremacists"? Neither just blame them outright.

Mark
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Mark »

passionflower wrote: August 15th, 2017, 6:30 pm
markharr wrote: August 15th, 2017, 2:02 pm Removing statues doesn't change history. It only makes us look like ISIS.

The vast majority of American people are not racist. This is a vocal and radical minority from both sides. Let's stop judging the entire nation on a fraction of a fraction of a percent.

You can't eliminate hateful speech without eliminating free agency and the first amendment. Stop paying attention to the racists and they will go away.
How did OK'ing the removing of this statue even happen? Who called for it? Who actually voted on it? Are the protestors on either side of this riot actually from the state this riot happened in?

Don't be fooled here. This is a war on America's heritage. Robert E Lee had more integrity and more honor than the whole lot of these anarchist protestors calling for removal of his statue. These anarchists are nothing more than a bunch of communist inspired traitors who seek to destroy any vestige of those decent honorable men who stood and fought for what they believed in throughout America's history. Here is a good article summing up the end goal of these pathetic anarchists. They are the real enemies from within. =;

https://www.thenewamerican.com/culture/ ... escalating

Elizabeth
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Elizabeth »

You would know about that :D
Silver wrote: August 15th, 2017, 8:36 pm It is not wise to kick against the pricks.

Fiannan
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Fiannan »

I am sure that in a few years when someone suggests that the statue of Brigham Young in the Utah state capitol building be removed because he was "racist" that the Church will support the removal.

Fiannan
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Fiannan »

Oh, and since Joseph Smith thought that the races should be equal but separate then maybe his statues should be removed from public areas as well? Not promoting any sort of racism here but if we apply the logic of the leftist protestors then not only that but the Bible should be banned as hate speech. Look what Ezra did with those who were not 100% ethnically pure.

passionflower
captain of 1,000

Post by passionflower »

Mark wrote: August 15th, 2017, 9:19 pm
markharr wrote: August 15th, 2017, 2:02 pm Removing statues doesn't change history. It only makes us look like ISIS.

The vast majority of American people are not racist. This is a vocal and radical minority from both sides. Let's stop judging the entire nation on a fraction of a fraction of a percent.

You can't eliminate hateful speech without eliminating free agency and the first amendment. Stop paying attention to the racists and they will go away.
How did OK'ing the removing of this statue even happen? Who called for it? Who actually voted on it? Are the protestors on either side of this riot actually from the state this riot happened in?

Don't be fooled here. This is a war on America's heritage. Robert E Lee had more integrity and more honor than the whole lot of these anarchist protestors calling for removal of his statue. These anarchists are nothing more than a bunch of communist inspired traitors who seek to destroy any vestige of those decent honorable men who stood and fought for what they believed in throughout America's history. Here is a good article summing up the end goal of these pathetic anarchists. They are the real enemies from within. =;

Thank you. There was a good spirit in this article and it had a wholesome feel to it. Does this magazine represent a political party? Which one?

People who operate from a state of victimhood as described in this article are generally admitting they are failures in life and would be easily manipulated by stronger forces, surely. That goes for both sides of this riot.

Arenera
captain of 1,000

Post by Arenera »

I don't know how you folks support White Nationalists, or any hate groups. Sinful.
CHARLOTTESVILLE, Va. — Mourners will gather in Charlottesville, Virginia, on Wednesday to honor the woman who was killed when a car rammed into a crowd of people protesting a white nationalist rally that descended into violence last weekend.

A memorial service for Heather Heyer is scheduled Wednesday morning at a downtown Charlottesville theater. Attendees were asked to wear purple, Heyer's favorite color, in her memory.

The 32-year-old was a Charlottesville resident and legal assistant whose mother described her daughter as a courageous, principled woman and firm believer in justice and equality.

Heyer was among the hundreds of protesters who had gathered Saturday in Charlottesville to decry what was believed to be the largest gathering of white supremacists in a decade — including neo-Nazis, skinheads and Ku Klux Klan members. They descended on the city for a rally prompted by the city's decision to remove a Confederate monument.

Chaos and violence erupted before the event even began, with counter-demonstrators and rally-goers clashing in the streets.
Authorities forced the crowd to disperse, and groups then began roaming through town. Counter-protesters had converged for a march along a downtown street when suddenly a Dodge Challenger barreled into them, hurling people into the air. Video shows the car reversing and hitting more people.

The Ohio man who police say was driving, 20-year-old James Alex Fields Jr., was described by a former high school teacher as an admirer of Adolf Hitler and Nazi Germany. He was quickly taken into custody and has been charged with second-degree murder and other counts.

Heyer grew up in nearby Greene County and worked as a legal assistant at a law firm. Her boss, Larry Miller, said the young woman was active in the firm's bankruptcy practice and was like a family member to him.
"She's very compassionate, she's very precise, got a big heart, she wants to make sure that things are right. She cares about the people that we take care of. She's just a great person," Miller said.

Her mother, Susan Bro, said she would prefer to grieve in private but felt compelled to try to follow her daughter's example.
"I miss her so, so much, but I'm going to make her death worth something," Susan Bro told The Associated Press.
Charlottesville Police Chief Al Thomas said this week that his department is working with Heyer's family to ensure the safety of those at vigils and other memorials.

The Paramount Theater, which is hosting the vigil, said in a statement that it had made arrangements for overflow attendees to view the service through a livestream.

Also killed Saturday were two Virginia State Police troopers who were aboard a helicopter that was providing video of the event before it broke off to lend support to a motorcade for Virginia Gov. Terry McAuliffe. The helicopter crashed outside of Charlottesville. An investigation into the crash is ongoing.

A funeral for Trooper-Pilot Berke M.M. Bates has been set for Friday and a funeral for Lt. H. Jay Cullen, the helicopter's pilot, is scheduled for Saturday.

Fiannan
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Fiannan »

Church members who promote or pursue a “white culture” or white supremacy agenda are not in harmony with the teachings of the Church."
Note the two are not necessarily the same thing. Also, is it not ironic that...oh wait, here is a link describing the Polynesian Culture Center operated by the Church:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Polynesia ... ral_Center

Fiannan
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Fiannan »

You know, Mitt Romney has weighed in. Thoughts?

https://twitter.com/MittRomney/status/8 ... F807861%2F

markharr
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by markharr »

Fiannan wrote: August 16th, 2017, 8:39 am You know, Mitt Romney has weighed in. Thoughts?

My first thought is regret for having voted for him. There is a racism problem in this country on both sides. One side is not innocent of it. In this particular case white supremacists initiated it, but there have been recent cases of it being initiated by the other side.

http://m.washingtontimes.com/news/2015/ ... e-student/

This finger pointing isn't solving the racial divide in this country. The only thing that is going to solve it is self reflection from both sides.

I also don't believe that it's as large of a problem as we are being told it is. This incident was a small vocal minority. The vast majority of Americans are tolerant of other races.

Fiannan
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Fiannan »

My first thought is regret for having voted for him.
Yeah, and I totally defended him on this forum when he was running. Good that he lost. The Lord works in mysterious ways.

SmallFarm
captain of 1,000

Post by SmallFarm »

They showed up with torches. End of story.

Fiannan
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Fiannan »

SmallFarm wrote: August 16th, 2017, 10:41 am They showed up with torches. End of story.

passionflower
captain of 1,000

Post by passionflower »

Fiannan wrote: August 16th, 2017, 8:39 am You know, Mitt Romney has weighed in. Thoughts?

Mitt Romney already weighed in on this. Do you not remember a couple of years back when Mitt Romney came out in favor of taking out all public reminders of the Civil War in the south? He especially criticized the display of the confederate flag and wanted it stopped without delay, but he was after monuments, too, as I recall.

markharr
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by markharr »

We forgot to take down the biggest monument to slavery of all. The Democratic party itself.

Founded on support of slavery
Founded the KKK as it's militant arm to intimidate blacks into not voting
legislated Jim crow laws,
Opposed nearly every civil rights act in history
interned an entire race of people with no due process during WWII
continues to support race based policies such as affirmative action to this day
Continues to sow the seeds of racial discord at every oportunity
Continues to keep people in the new slavery of government dependence.

Arenera
captain of 1,000

Post by Arenera »

Why did you vote for Trump???

Romney said: "No, not the same. One side is racist, bigoted, Nazi. The other opposes racism and bigotry. Morally different universes."

The executives on Trumps business councils voted to disband the two councils, after 7 left. Nice job Trump.

markharr
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by markharr »

Arenera wrote: August 16th, 2017, 12:01 pm Why did you vote for Trump???

Romney said: "No, not the same. One side is racist, bigoted, Nazi. The other opposes racism and bigotry. Morally different universes."

The executives on Trumps business councils voted to disband the two councils, after 7 left. Nice job Trump.

Copy and paste the text of where Trump said he supports the KKK or other white supremacy groups here.

Arenera
captain of 1,000

Post by Arenera »

markharr wrote: August 16th, 2017, 12:11 pm

Copy and paste the text of where Trump said he supports the KKK or other white supremacy groups here.
You can tell by his words. Or lack thereof. I'm quite surprised to see the support some of you are giving to a tragic killing. Repent.

aspietroll
captain of 50

Post by aspietroll »

passionflower wrote: August 15th, 2017, 11:51 pm
Mark wrote: August 15th, 2017, 9:19 pm

Thank you. There was a good spirit in this article and it had a wholesome feel to it. Does this magazine represent a political party? Which one?

People who operate from a state of victimhood as described in this article are generally admitting they are failures in life and would be easily manipulated by stronger forces, surely. That goes for both sides of this riot.
The news site to The John Birch Society, an educational and activist group on the Constitution. The magazine has a good printed version too.

SmallFarm
captain of 1,000

Post by SmallFarm »

Arenera wrote: August 16th, 2017, 12:16 pm

You can tell by his words. Or lack thereof. I'm quite surprised to see the support some of you are giving to a tragic killing. Repent.
He's pretending he didn't hear the dog whistle. David Duke heard it...

markharr
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by markharr »

I can't tell from the words. I need you to point them out to me. Copy and paste where Trump said he supports the KKK and white supremacy.

Arenera
captain of 1,000

Post by Arenera »

markharr wrote: August 16th, 2017, 12:19 pm

I can't tell from the words. I need you to point them out to me. Copy and paste where Trump said he supports the KKK and white supremacy.
Do a fast, with a lot of prayer, and see if your heart can soften. Or keep supporting Trump in his idiocy. Try eating less meat, that could help too.

markharr
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by markharr »

Arenera wrote: August 16th, 2017, 12:22 pm

Do a fast, with a lot of prayer, and see if your heart can soften. Or keep supporting Trump in his idiocy. Try eating less meat, that could help too.

I am doing all of that stuff. What I need is proof that Trump is a racist as you claim. Please copy and paste the relevant text, or admit that it doesn't exist.

Arenera
captain of 1,000

Post by Arenera »

markharr wrote: August 16th, 2017, 12:23 pm

I am doing all of that stuff. What I need is proof that Trump is a racist as you claim. Please copy and paste the relevant text, or admit that it doesn't exist.
You are just promoting fake news. Well, Trump is fake for sure.

markharr
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by markharr »

Arenera wrote: August 16th, 2017, 12:24 pm
markharr wrote: August 16th, 2017, 12:23 pm

You are just promoting fake news. Well, Trump is fake for sure.
You are making accusations that you can't back up and you accuse me of promoting fake news??