Why Would North Korea Attack Guam ?

For discussion of liberty, freedom, government and politics.
lundbaek
Level 34 Illuminated

Why Would North Korea Attack Guam ?

Post by lundbaek »

What would North Korea gain by military action against Guam ? Would anybody on this planet gain anything by a North Korean attack against Guam ?

What did Japan gain by attacking U.S. forces on Hawaii and the Philippines in 1941 ? Consider that it led to the destruction of Japan as a military power and for a time as an economic power. But because of a treaty between Japan, Germany and Italy it also provided a reason for the U.S. to declare and enter into war against Germany. It certainly ensured the destruction of Germany as a military power and for a time as an economic power. But what else did it accomplish ?

BeNotDeceived
Agent38

Re: Why Would North Korea Attack Guam ?

Post by BeNotDeceived »

They're testing the envelope and there is scant info on what they are legally allowed to do.

All news is slanted towards entertainment now with little real investigative reporting on facts that matter, just endless speculation and emotional appeals.

Theatre at its finest lacking real substance. X(

larsenb
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by larsenb »

lundbaek wrote: August 12th, 2017, 1:53 pm What would North Korea gain by military action against Guam ? Would anybody on this planet gain anything by a North Korean attack against Guam ?

What did Japan gain by attacking U.S. forces on Hawaii and the Philippines in 1941 ? Consider that it led to the destruction of Japan as a military power and for a time as an economic power. But because of a treaty between Japan, Germany and Italy it also provided a reason for the U.S. to declare and enter into war against Germany. It certainly ensured the destruction of Germany as a military power and for a time as an economic power. But what else did it accomplish ?
Exactly.

Why indeed would N. Korea attack Guam or any other country . . . especially w/Nukes. They have to know that what I call unilaterally assured destruction (UAD) would kick in and they would cease to exist as a country w/very many viable people in it.

Same-same w/Iran.

For this reason, my strong feeling is we're being played . . . both w/N. Korea and Iran. And w/N. Korea, where on earth did they get the technology and means to build stealth submarines, viable ICBM's and nuke weapons . . . in such a rigid, closed down AND impoverished society and country. Doesn't make much sense. Obviously they've had help doing so.

UAD as opposed to MAD, of course.

My sense is that Joel Skousen is right on this one. N. Korea is being groomed and positioned (e.g., crazy Kim Jong Um) to act as a trigger of some sort: the next WW, or as a fall-guy for a massive false flag (e.g., alleged missile attack on east coast of US from a submarine, which I personally believe to be waaaay beyond their capability).

Robin Hood
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Robin Hood »

lundbaek wrote: August 12th, 2017, 1:53 pm What would North Korea gain by military action against Guam ? Would anybody on this planet gain anything by a North Korean attack against Guam ?

Japan were not trying to destroy the US, or even invade it.
They were trying to destroy the US naval fleet in order to be able to control the Pacific and go about their military objectives (China, Korea, Indonesia, Phillipines etc) unhindered by US opposition.

BeNotDeceived
Agent38

Post by BeNotDeceived »

The latest from the 5; a video I can actually watch with my limited BW. :)

N. Korea 'on standby to launch,' state-run paper says in response to Trump's latest warnings

marc
Disciple of Jesus Christ

Post by marc »

I don't understand why North Korea put its country so close to the two American military bases in Guam. (playful sarcasm)

Fox News is talking about how a few thousand American lives are in danger. I wonder if they know there are about 160,000 islanders living there, too.

brianj
captain of 1,000

Post by brianj »

The Japanese miscalculated. The Pacific fleet's three aircraft carriers were supposed to be in port, and the loss of those carriers would have been much worse for the US. They also didn't do as much damage as they anticipated to the ships, so most of them were refloated and repaired. The damage to the dry docks wasn't anywhere near as bad as anticipated, and the dry docks were quickly repaired then used to repair the damaged ships. The Japanese also didn't recognize how quickly the US could build ships and didn't recognize how much resolve they would generate in the US to rebuild the fleet and win the war. The Japanese military really believed that it would take so long for the US Pacific Fleet to get back into the war that they would be able to become so entrenched in their expanded territory that the US would have to accept a new, larger Japan.

Considering the strategic significance of Guam and the resources prepositioned there, Kim probably thinks he can greatly delay our response to an attack on South Korea if the bases on that island are severely damaged or destroyed. But, of course, we have resources in Japan and the Philippines, we have ICBMs and SLBMs, and we can send bombers from the US on nonstop missions to drop off a load of ordinance over North Korea so it wouldn't impact the US as much as the attack on Pearl Harbor.

marc
Disciple of Jesus Christ

Post by marc »

I forgot to mention that those +/-160,000 islanders in Guam are all US citizens, though with no voting rights.

BeNotDeceived
Agent38

Post by BeNotDeceived »

marc wrote: August 12th, 2017, 4:35 pm I forgot to mention that those +/-160,000 islanders in Guam are all US citizens, though with no voting rights.
I believe they can vote for President whereas I cannot, but then again they must pay federal income tax whereas I do not. :o)

Bordallo, to the United States House of Representatives. U.S. citizens in Guam vote in a straw poll for their choice in the U.S. Presidential general election, but since Guam has no votes in the Electoral College, the poll has no real effect. ... https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Voting_in_Guam

I could vote absentee though; maybe next time. :-\
Last edited by BeNotDeceived on August 12th, 2017, 4:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

marc
Disciple of Jesus Christ

Post by marc »

BeNotDeceived wrote: August 12th, 2017, 4:47 pm
marc wrote: August 12th, 2017, 4:35 pm I forgot to mention that those +/-160,000 islanders in Guam are all US citizens, though with no voting rights.
I believe they can vote for President whereas I cannot, but then again they must pay federal income tax whereas I do not. :o)
According to Google, they cannot vote for a US President. Maybe they can vote for local issues, though. I really haven't researched it.

BeNotDeceived
Agent38

Post by BeNotDeceived »

marc wrote: August 12th, 2017, 4:54 pm
According to Google, they cannot vote for a US President. Maybe they can vote for local issues, though. I really haven't researched it.
Our rep can vote in committee, but not the full house. Surprisingly he's very effective. :D

Silver
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Silver »

http://theantimedia.org/nuclear-war-media-hype/

5 Stories You’re Missing While the Media Hypes a Nuclear War With North Korea

August 11, 2017 at 4:05 pm
Written by Carey Wedler

(ANTIMEDIA Op-ed) This week, many Americans are more terrified of North Korea than usual, with some scrambling to buy supplies in case of a nuclear apocalypse as at least one local government offers advice to residents on how to survive a blast. Though Americans are unsure about Trump’s approach to North Korea, a majority agree that the country is a serious threat as much of the media repeatedly hammers home just how dangerous the situation has become.

But amid round-the-clock coverage of the threats hurled back and forth between and Kim Jong Un, others stories continue to break. Though these stories may be garnering slight attention in the mainstream conversation, they are drowned out by the North Korea narrative. That’s because the media loves a good feeding frenzy, especially when it comes to potential death and annihilation from an external threat.

Here are five developments to stay informed about as Americans collectively run around like radioactive chickens with their mutated heads cut off.

1. A nuclear plant is leaking and poisoning workers in Washington

The Hanford Site, located in Washington State, leaked radioactive plutonium particles on June 8, sickening workers and traveling as far as three miles from the facility. The contractor tasked with cleaning up the site, which has been leaking for years, withheld information until this week when local outlet KING obtained an internal memo discussing the situation. Multiple workers have tested positive for “internal exposure” to radiation as those in charge of demolishing the Plutonium Finishing Plant (PFP) continue their task, which was underway when the release of radioactive vapor occurred.

The contractor charged with helping to take down the PFP, CH2m Hill, has downplayed the risk of the recent leak. Overall, estimates predict it will take between 50 and 75 years to clean up the entire Hanford Site, which experts have deemed “the most toxic place in America” and “an underground Chernobyl waiting to happen.“ Ironically, as Americans shudder at the prospect of nuclear war, the direct threat Hanford poses is ultimately a consequence of their own government’s nuclear ambitions; Hanford produced the “Fat Man” bomb that decimated Nagasaki at the end of World War II. Further, multiple nuclear sites around the country are also leaking, highlighting the ongoing dangers of poorly maintained nuclear infrastructure and the lack of accountability from those in charge of them.

2. Under Trump, the U.S. has dropped almost as many bombs in 2017 as it did last year

During the 2016 election, some Trump supporters championed him as an anti-war candidate who could disrupt Hillary Clinton and the war hawks’ trajectory. Trump asserted she could easily spark World War III. As Trump saber-rattles against North Korea, ultimately becoming what he warned against, he has also perpetuated America’s penchant for military violence in other parts of the world. Foreign Policy reported this week that “Under Trump, the United States has dropped about 20,650 bombs through July 31, or 80 percent the number dropped under Obama for the entirety of 2016. At this rate, Trump will exceed Obama’s last-year total by Labor Day.” The increase has particularly affected Iraq, Syria, and Afghanistan, as well as other countries in the Middle East. They have also incurred heavy civilian losses with no apologies from the Trump administration. These increased military operations – which were high to begin with under Obama — come with little to no diplomatic strategy, according to Foreign Policy.

3. The president advocates more failed tactics to combat drug addiction

Signaling his intent to impose heavy-handed government policies both abroad and at home, Trump announced this week that he supports a “law and order” approach to the opium epidemic sweeping the United States. This “solution” mirrors the one proposed by Attorney General Jeff Sessions, who believes criminal enforcement is key to stopping drug use. Their strategy ignores effective models set by other countries that focus on treatment and decriminalization, instead choosing outdated and failed policies. Earlier this year — in addition to criminal enforcement — Sessions advocated a revival of Nancy Reagan’s “Just say no” campaign, which clearly failed considering America’s addiction problem continues to plague communities. In announcing his “law and order” mentality this week, Trump claimed “Strong law enforcement is absolutely vital to having a drug-free society,” demonstrating his ignorance of human nature; humans have been using drugs for thousands of years, and previous crackdowns on drug use have failed to address the problems of addiction.

4. Police continue abusing citizens

As the U.S. government grandstands against North Korea, its own law enforcers continue to harass and murder Americans, often with impunity. This week, the family of Aaron Bailey, an unarmed motorist who was shot and killed by Indianapolis police at the end of June, revealed that according to his autopsy, he was shot four times in the back following a brief pursuit that ended in Bailey crashing his car and police subsequently killing him. Though the investigation is ongoing, the Indy Star notes that “In Indianapolis, no police officer in recent years has been charged with a crime in connection with an officer-involved shooting.” On Wednesday, Washington, D.C. authorities announced that an officer who shot and killed an unarmed motorcyclist last year will not face charges. This is a common occurrence in the United States, where at least 611 people have already been killed by police this year.

5. The market does not approve of Trump’s violent rhetoric

Though Trump brags about his positive effect on the economy, his recent “fire and fury” claims – and subsequent comments that he should have been even harsher in his comments toward North Korea — have negatively affected the stock market. Fortune reports that Dow, S&P, and Nasdaq were all down late this week (they were also rattled after the first round of threats). The Dow dropped 204.69 points (.93%), after Trump’s second round of threatening statements, Nasdaq fell 134.46 (2.13 percent), and S&P tumbled 35.81 points (1.45 percent). Fortune notes the decline comes as “as mixed messaging from the White House has led to uncertainty over whether the Trump administration has a coherent plan to contain Kim Jong-un’s regime and nuclear ambitions.” The losses follow nine days of all-time highs, which the president proudly touted. One sector to make gains, however, from the defense industry, which is unsurprisingly rallying amid Trump’s drum-beating comments. In positive news, however, Bitcoin reached an all-time high of $3,500 for reasons likely unrelated to the military-industrial complex.

As the media continues to bombard Americans with fear — and the Trump administration continues to puff its chest at external threats from impoverished countries without the capacity to actually harm American citizens — established power structures continue to reign supreme. The North Korean drama ultimately does little more than distract Americans from the internal threats they face from the ruling class not in far off lands, but right here at home.

freedomforall
Gnolaum ∞

Post by freedomforall »

marc wrote: August 12th, 2017, 4:54 pm
But they're rooting for Trump, right?

Joel
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Joel »

lundbaek
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by lundbaek »

I am pretty well convinced that the American globalists want a war with Russia, and they are trying to induce it sooner rather than later. But they do not want to be seen as the provocateurs or the aggressors. What could the globalists gain by the war ? I think they believe that Americans and other Westerners can only be induced by a devastating war to relinquish more national sovereignty and personal liberties, and become more submissive to a world government controlled by the globalists. Most people haven't a clue about how the globalists as far back as 100 years ago began creating the monsters that Russia and China have turned into, and have continued that program to this day.

skmo
captain of 1,000

Post by skmo »

lundbaek wrote: August 12th, 2017, 1:53 pm What would North Korea gain by military action against Guam ?
Guam is a profoundly important military base for the U.S. and our military. In a war with any Far Eastern country it would be of paramount importance to have supplies and munitions available there. A strike or a resupply from Guam cuts response time to the east Asian coast by half a day. If North Korea is worried about the U.S. threatening them, Guam is certainly one of the biggest threats.

freedomforall
Gnolaum ∞

Post by freedomforall »

lundbaek wrote: August 13th, 2017, 11:25 am I am pretty well convinced that the American globalists want a war with Russia, and they are trying to induce it sooner rather than later. But they do not want to be seen as the provocateurs or the aggressors. What could the globalists gain by the war ? I think they believe that Americans and other Westerners can only be induced by a devastating war to relinquish more national sovereignty and personal liberties, and become more submissive to a world government controlled by the globalists. Most people haven't a clue about how the globalists as far back as 100 years ago began creating the monsters that Russia and China have turned into, and have continued that program to this day.
Lundbaek, didn't Joel Skousen or one of the Skousen's say they figured that someone else would start a war with us so that America wouldn't appear to be the bad guy? I'm sure I am butchering the narrative but bits and pieces stick in my mind. Sorry. I just hoped you may have something trigger in your mind about this. In the meantime, here are some videos:

MUST SEE Joel Skousen WARNING How would World War 3 Start in 2017

Joel Skousen About Three Scenarios For Starting WWIII With North Korea

freedomforall
Gnolaum ∞

Post by freedomforall »

Okay, I got my info wrong. The globalists want to make it so Trump starts WWIII so that they, the globalists, will appear innocent.

Oh, well, I truly don't understand everything taking place and I do not pretend to. But I do know the globalists are not beyond doing anything, whatsoever, in getting their way and having the whole world populace under their control. When that happens PYA or go down the toilet with the tyrants. I hope God will intervene before this can happen because Christians will be annihilated, history has proven this time and again.

lundbaek
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by lundbaek »

Joel Skousen maintains that North Korea is being "groomed" to provide the trigger for WW3.

These few lines for Dr. W. Cleon Skousen's book THE NAKED CAPITALIST are worth consideration in all this:

"...it was found that the U.S. Generals and Admirals had been deliberately prevented from winning the Korean War, even when there were several excellent opportunities to do so....Owen Lattimore, a principal strategist for the Institute of Pacific Relations in the betrayal of China, had written an article in the New York "Daily Compass", July 17, 1949, stating that the idea was to let South Korea fall, but not let it look as though we pushed her."

And also, during the Korean War I was close enough to the draft age to be concerned about certain events that indicated the American forces and their allies were being forced to relinquish certain advantages to the enemy. [This was also to be the case in the Vietnam War.] As part of a discussion between myself and Flamm Harper, a Korean War F-86 pilot, about UN hinderance of the US forces, he wrote me: " Back to Korea - At the mouth of the Yalu River there were three big airfields on the North side of the River in China. One had over 300 MiG aircraft on the field. These fields were never bombed during the course of the war. Neither were the supply dumps north of the river attacked. It was a court martial offence to go north of the river except in hot pursuit of a MiG previously engaged south of the river. As I previously stated, State Department personnel were assigned to Radar site for the sole purpose of identifying American pilots violating the rule by hunting in China. By the nature of the business, fighter pilots are aggressive, competitive confident individuals or they would not be in the business. We eventually found holes in the radar pattern where we could turn off the IFF (Identify Friend or Foe) system and move north without detection. After an engagement, we would return via the same route and then reactivate the IFF system when south of the river. Today, I would estimate that 90% of all the MiGs destroyed went down north of the river."
Another acquaintance, Glenn Fisher, also a Korean War F-86 pilot, verified that story, and told me how his wing would "borrow" ROK F-86s for this purpose to frustrate efforts to identify the American pilots sneaking across the Yalu River to engage the enemy. (I was Glenn's home teacher at the time he told me about this.)

freedomforall
Gnolaum ∞

Post by freedomforall »

BREAKING NEWS TRUMP 8/13/17: “He's sending a very clear message”

freedomforall
Gnolaum ∞

Post by freedomforall »

Breaking News Today 8/13/17 , Judge Jeanine Pirro MR President sends New warning to North Korea

Last edited by freedomforall on August 16th, 2017, 4:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mark
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Mark »

larsenb wrote: August 12th, 2017, 2:53 pm

Exactly.

Why indeed would N. Korea attack Guam or any other country . . . especially w/Nukes. They have to know that what I call unilaterally assured destruction (UAD) would kick in and they would cease to exist as a country w/very many viable people in it.

Same-same w/Iran.

For this reason, my strong feeling is we're being played . . . both w/N. Korea and Iran. And w/N. Korea, where on earth did they get the technology and means to build stealth submarines, viable ICBM's and nuke weapons . . . in such a rigid, closed down AND impoverished society and country. Doesn't make much sense. Obviously they've had help doing so.

UAD as opposed to MAD, of course.

My sense is that Joel Skousen is right on this one. N. Korea is being groomed and positioned (e.g., crazy Kim Jong Um) to act as a trigger of some sort: the next WW, or as a fall-guy for a massive false flag (e.g., alleged missile attack on east coast of US from a submarine, which I personally believe to be waaaay beyond their capability).

Here is an article Jeff Nyquist wrote over 10 years ago concerning North Korea and the continuing saga. When dealing with the communist playbook you will be facing a wilderness of mirrors. Things are never as they are made out to be. Deception and maneuvering are around every corner. Western politicians are just to stupid or corrupted to see the reality of the situation until it is to late. I fear it won't be long before that fact bares itself out. Along with, as Isaiah says, our bare buttocks being dragged thru the streets.
"So shall the king of Assyria lead away the Egyptians prisoners, and the Ethiopians captives, young and old, naked and barefoot, even with their buttocks uncovered, to the shame of Egypt."

http://www.financialsense.com/contribut ... clear-test

Joel
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Joel »

Silver
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Silver »

Q: What do crazy people do?
A: Crazy stuff

Kim Jong Un has done plenty of brutal things. He has not done crazy things. If he were truly crazy, he would have already ordered an attack on the US or perhaps some other Western country. If he's really crazy, why hasn't he already done something crazy?

If you have decided Kim is crazy because he kills many of his countrymen for petty reasons then Mao Tse Tung was also crazy. If the US must attack NK as some in the Trump administration and some here demand, why didn't the US attack China when Mao was killing millions of his people? This sort of double standard should not exist in our foreign policy. If we can trade with China and if we can pay them billions of dollars in interest payments because they buy our Treasury notes, why can't we trade with NK? NK is no worse than China in terms of people killed by leadership of the country.

Perhaps it's only because we couldn't win the Korean War the first time, nor VietNam, not Afghanistan, nor Iraq, nor Libya, not Terror, nor Drugs, nor Poverty, perhaps we just like to spend money on war without actually winning war so we have to fight poor, impoverished countries and if we tried to fight China we'd get our nose bloodied.

Thinker
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Thinker »

freedomforall wrote: August 13th, 2017, 8:06 pm
lundbaek wrote: August 13th, 2017, 11:25 am I am pretty well convinced that the American globalists want a war with Russia, and they are trying to induce it sooner rather than later. But they do not want to be seen as the provocateurs or the aggressors. What could the globalists gain by the war ? I think they believe that Americans and other Westerners can only be induced by a devastating war to relinquish more national sovereignty and personal liberties, and become more submissive to a world government controlled by the globalists. Most people haven't a clue about how the globalists as far back as 100 years ago began creating the monsters that Russia and China have turned into, and have continued that program to this day.
Lundbaek, didn't Joel Skousen or one of the Skousen's say they figured that someone else would start a war with us so that America wouldn't appear to be the bad guy? I'm sure I am butchering the narrative but bits and pieces stick in my mind. Sorry. I just hoped you may have something trigger in your mind about this. In the meantime, here are some videos: ....
It's interesting and a little unnerving to consider possibilities and the fact that we may not have any way of knowing for sure the reality.
I was thinking about a list of quotes calling for a new world order/government even back in the 1920's https://endtimesprophecyreport.com/2013 ... rld-order/ and then with the cold war which was comically shown in the film, "The Russians are coming!" Yet in that film, I think there's some truth - maybe the fear of Russia is not really legitimate. They did kill many of their own people -estimated at more than those killed during the holocaust - which is horrific. Yet to try to hype up fear of Russia (& maybe others) may be a decoy, as it's been before.

John Perkins, in "Confessions of an Economic Hit man" explained the US/corporations with US involvement had a habit of taking over countries rich with resources with the guise of "helping them" when really, they may have modernized some parts of the wealthy neighborhoods, while leaving the poorer areas even more poor and with oppressive debt. Or the excuse of war - which again is not for the superficial reason they give - but more for greed and power.

There are various conspiracy theories and it's likely some are complete bogus, but some have some truths - as Skousen said - they may be truths mixed with BS in order to appear to be complete BS and dismissed. One thing that is real is the insanity of the Georgia Guidestones. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Georgia_Guidestones To maintain a population of under 500 million is pretty crazy. But I don't think such a "world government" could ever really work. There's too much opposition between countries - too much pride - and in that case it's a good thing - to keep one from getting too powerful. Still, I can see how some aspects of liberalism has become fascist - in insisting people speak a certain way or be censored - and in a way - they are carrying out their own genocide on children (developing human beings) through abortion. They are also working toward limiting population by encouraging homosexuality, which is known statistically to lead to sickness often - and sometimes death - and of course there's less reproduction.

Anyway, as a people, we are strong and I believe if we're vigilant in studying things out as well as spiritual discernment, we won't be fooled but will find truth. I find it encouraging when people stand up against such fascist ways. More of us need to stand up for what is right - not petty things, but basic rights like freedom of speech.