Has anyone created a cryptocurrency for LDS community?

For discussion of liberty, freedom, government and politics.
almleynek
Hi, I'm new.

Has anyone created a cryptocurrency for LDS community?

Post by almleynek »

I don't necessarily want to repeat what's already been done does anyone know of a block chain app for LDS community?

TheSpiritofTruth111
captain of 10

Re: Has anyone created a cryptocurrency for LDS community?

Post by TheSpiritofTruth111 »

almleynek wrote: August 9th, 2017, 6:22 pm I don't necessarily want to repeat what's already been done does anyone know of a block chain app for LDS community?
cryptocurrency is Satan seeking to bind people in other ways to Mammon, through a virtual currency system within the Beast System of Babylon. Why seeketh ye after such know you not in spirit what it is? Many who have gone out and done this in seeking after such virtual coins have set their heart on Mammon in doing so.

BeNotDeceived
Agent38

Post by BeNotDeceived »

Energy applied over time is called work and is of real value. Cryptos represent work, but unfortunately they represent the waste thereof.

If ... then we will have developed the perfect currency Image

brianj
captain of 1,000

Post by brianj »

I have to disagree with the claim spiritoftruth made, because I don't believe that cryptocurrency is any better or worse than physical currency or other electronic transactions; it's just a different way of exchanging goods and services.

That being said, I don't know that there is any need or desire for an LDS cryptocurrency. We need to progress toward having all things in common, not having yet another way that we can exchange one form of value for another.

almleynek
Hi, I'm new.

Post by almleynek »

1. It appears to me that crypto currency is about bringing the power back to the people. No one could just print money and use it to finance wars....I would think that Lucy's plan is to centralize all the gold and silver and make wars....
2. It also appears that crypto currency is on a public leger for all to validate...not in dark rooms. I agree that we should not be tied to mammon and I would love to pay my tithing in chickens hatched or eggs produced...
3. I propose using the crypto technology to keep everything legit...I don't necessarily think that just mining coins from a computer is faith based I was thinking along these lines....You put in a hour of work growing wheat or chickens or knitting blankets and you are awarded a trade token....I am sure it has multiple flaws but the idea is you put in time as the trade token....some of the feedback is way to "Pharisee's" I am looking for feedback on ways to transition to the law of consecration.

Canuto
Hi, I'm new.

Post by Canuto »

I too am waiting for the LDS version of cryptocurrency to come out. What a wonderful way to strengthen the lds economy and lift up our brothers and sisters abroad. It's just a matter of time (is my speculation) just as our prophet running for president will one day happen (again).
Thank you for the thread! Love the commentary.

Serragon
captain of 1,000

Post by Serragon »

Blockchain tech is most likely hear to stay. It is a great idea. If the problems of transaction speed can get solved without much loss of security, then it will be the digital transaction method of the foreseeable future.

Whether individual cryptos stick around is another matter. I don't really see the point of an LDS specific crypto. I do see the Church using blockchain to handle membership records, ordinances, family history, etc. It is perfect for that type of application. You could easily have your entire life history (and your ancestors) attached to your membership record at all times.

inho
captain of 1,000

Post by inho »

I don't really understand the idea of LDS cryptocurrency either. Can a currency only used by a small group (LDS people) be useful?

Silver
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Silver »

Let me recommend to all who are interested in cryptocurrencies to open an account at Coinbase now and deposit some money there. Then you will be ready to make a purchase if the opportunity presents itself. Setting up an account and transferring money takes several days.

At the same time, set up an account at Poloniex. That is an exchange where you can trade cryptos.

An LDS specific crypto sounds like a scam waiting to happen among the gullible. Be careful out there.

Danco
Hi, I'm new.

Post by Danco »

I'm new here and have not heard of such a cryptocurrency. It seems to me that the idea of cryptocurrency is very good. Finally, you can do without intermediaries in cash transactions, besides cryptocurrency guarantees confidentiality and this is important for many people. As far as I know, it is very difficult for users to create their own cryptocurrency and guarantee security. I read a lot about it on the Internet (I thought about mining), here’s an article https://merehead.com/blog/how-launch-ic ... ocurrency/ that has a lot of information about how to create your own cryptocurrency. It describes the difficulties with which you may encounter and how to solve them.