GA Excommunicated

For discussion of liberty, freedom, government and politics.
Alaris
Captain of 144,000

Re: GA Excommunicated

Post by Alaris »

skmo wrote: August 20th, 2017, 11:06 pm
Mark wrote: August 20th, 2017, 10:55 pm
skmo wrote: August 19th, 2017, 11:55 pm Again, I'm sorry you cannot understand excommunication. You, like so many others, see it as a punishment. It is not. It is a blessing. I broke sacred covenants, things which I promised not to do. I needed to be able to truly find a broken heart and a contrite spirit, to be able to cleanse the transgression. In order to do this, I had to be removed from full fellowship, to come back through a process to cleanse myself through the re-birth of baptism. It is only a punishment in the way that a prideful person would try to hide living in their sin.
Great post Brother. Thanks.
Thanks, Brother. Excommunication is so very misunderstood, it's something which is difficult to grasp unless you've been through one. I think people react the way they do because it horrifies them to think of themselves or someone they love being in that position. I do understand, but when you go through repentance and try to change your heart, you start to see the pain and horror are from the sin, not the help you receive in overcoming it. The judgements that may come from others are nothing to having your soul destroyed by sin. Excommunication brings healing. If people judge me harshly or think evil of me for my excommunication, it will affect them, not me. I hope people will be able to see that in me when I come back into membership.

I eagerly await the opportunity to start teaching again in church so I can share the joys of repentance with others.
I value your words and your conviction... To accept excommunication and return to the Lord is no small feat in this world beset by pride and sin. I rejoice in your testimony and faithfulness brother. If you are ever judged harshly you are welcome at my table.
Last edited by Alaris on August 21st, 2017, 12:42 am, edited 1 time in total.

freedomforall
Gnolaum ∞

Post by freedomforall »

skmo wrote: August 19th, 2017, 11:55 pm Again, I'm sorry you cannot understand excommunication. You, like so many others, see it as a punishment. It is not. It is a blessing. I broke sacred covenants, things which I promised not to do. I needed to be able to truly find a broken heart and a contrite spirit, to be able to cleanse the transgression. In order to do this, I had to be removed from full fellowship, to come back through a process to cleanse myself through the re-birth of baptism. It is only a punishment in the way that a prideful person would try to hide living in their sin.
Thanks, Brother. Excommunication is so very misunderstood, it's something which is difficult to grasp unless you've been through one. I think people react the way they do because it horrifies them to think of themselves or someone they love being in that position. I do understand, but when you go through repentance and try to change your heart, you start to see the pain and horror are from the sin, not the help you receive in overcoming it. The judgements that may come from others are nothing to having your soul destroyed by sin. Excommunication brings healing. If people judge me harshly or think evil of me for my excommunication, it will affect them, not me. I hope people will be able to see that in me when I come back into membership.

I eagerly await the opportunity to start teaching again in church so I can share the joys of repentance with others.
Doctrine and Covenants 64:9
9 Wherefore, I say unto you, that ye ought to forgive one another; for he that forgiveth not his brother his trespasses standeth condemned before the Lord; for there remaineth in him the greater sin.

Eph. 4:32
32 And be ye kind one to another, tenderhearted, forgiving one another, even as God for Christ’s sake hath forgiven you.

Mosiah 26:31-32
31 And ye shall also forgive one another your trespasses; for verily I say unto you, he that forgiveth not his neighbor’s trespasses when he says that he repents, the same hath brought himself under condemnation.

Mark
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Mark »

alaris wrote: August 21st, 2017, 12:35 am

I value your words and your conviction... To accept excommunication and return to the Lord is no small feat in this world beset by pride and sin. I rejoice in your testimony and faithfulness brother. If you are ever judged harshly you are welcome at my table.
I'll heartily second that! :ymhug:

brianj
captain of 1,000

Post by brianj »

It wasn't until late last year that I finally recognized excommunication as a blessing. I wish I could be there the first time you are able to teach a lesson on this subject!