Marijuana is bad for society.

For discussion of liberty, freedom, government and politics.

Ezra
captain of 1,000

Re: Marijuana is bad for society.

Post by Ezra »

Bad parents are what is bad for society. Socialized education and tutoring by our gadianton controlled government just adds to that as well.

Putting anything in the hands of kids with bad parents and who have a perverted education you will get abuse, chaos and bad decisions.

Marijuana can be abused no doubt. It also has great health benefits if used as God intended as medicine. Cured my sons autism. Healed my wrist which hasn't had full mobility and dull pain ever since a dirt bike accident 15 years ago. Now I have full mobility and no pain. It's a wonderful plant when used correctly.

People should have the freedoms to have access to it.

Blaming societies problems on a plant is ridiculous. It's not the plants fault. It's the parents and education they receive in school and media that is to blame.

Trying to force others into doing what's right is Satans plan.

cyclOps
captain of 1,000

Post by cyclOps »

Ezra wrote: August 7th, 2017, 10:15 pm Bad parents are what is bad for society. Socialized education and tutoring by our gadianton controlled government just adds to that as well.

Putting anything in the hands of kids with bad parents and who have a perverted education you will get abuse, chaos and bad decisions.

Marijuana can be abused no doubt. It also has great health benefits if used as God intended as medicine. Cured my sons autism. Healed my wrist which hasn't had full mobility and dull pain ever since a dirt bike accident 15 years ago. Now I have full mobility and no pain. It's a wonderful plant when used correctly.

Blaming societies problems on a plant is ridiculous. It's not the plants fault. It's the parents and education they receive in school and media that is to blame.

Yes, you're right, there are a lot of things that are bad for society, not just marijuana. Yes, you're also right, it's not the plant's fault, it's the people who use it. I'm not against marijuana being used for medicinal purposes, but that's not what we're talking about here. Your last sentence, while on its own face is true, is very flawed as it relates to whether or not something should be legal or not.

Ezra
captain of 1,000

Post by Ezra »

cyclOps wrote: August 7th, 2017, 10:37 pm
Ezra wrote: August 7th, 2017, 10:15 pm Bad parents are what is bad for society. Socialized education and tutoring by our gadianton controlled government just adds to that as well.

Yes, you're right, there are a lot of things that are bad for society, not just marijuana. Yes, you're also right, it's not the plant's fault, it's the people who use it. I'm not against marijuana being used for medicinal purposes, but that's not what we're talking about here. Your last sentence, while on its own face is true, is very flawed as it relates to whether or not something should be legal or not.
It's the same argument as gun control. Guns can be used for good or evil.

Restrictions on guns only restrict good people from them. As evil people don't obey laws.

Unless a law is in place to keep a freedom. Then freedom is taken.

we have a God of agency. By using that agency unwisely we restrict ourselves. By taking agency away from others we again restrict ourselfs.

WE WILL SPEND ETERNITY WITH THOSE WHO WILL ALLOW US NO MORE FREEDOM THAN WE ARE WILLING TO ALLOW THEM.
Over and over again, the scriptures emphasize that we will be judged according to our treatment of our fellowmen. If we are charitable, we will be placed with the sheep in the Lord’s kingdom rather than with the goats in outer darkness. (Matt. 25:31—46) If we forgive, we may be forgiven. (Matt.6:12) If we are just, we may rise in the resurrection of the Just: and dwell with them. (D&C Sec. 76) If we refrain from exercising compulsion unrighteously, our dominion in the hereafter may be everlasting and flow unto us forever and ever without compulsory means. (D&C Sec. 121) In short, we can expect to be treated in the next life as we treat others here.
The exact implementation of this law of the harvest will occur at the end of this life, when we will be divided into groups and each will be consigned to spend eternity with those with whom he is most like. An unjust person will dwell with those who will treat him unjustly; a kind, forgiving person will enjoy the companionship of kind and forgiving associates, etc. But the fact which is important to our discussion here is that each person will be with that group who will allow him to exercise no more freedom than he is willing to allow them.
If, during this life, we have been persuaded to believe that the force of government, or any other agency, should be used to deny our fellowmen the stewardship which God has given them over their families, their property, and their private affairs, we can be very certain that we will be placed with a group in the hereafter who will hold similar views. With such an attitude, we cannot expect to have stewardship or dominions of our own because we do not believe in them for others and neither will those with whom we will dwell believe in them for us. The poetic justice of God decrees that if we deprive our fellow of those unalienable rights which, according to the
Declaration of Independence, they have been endowed by their Creator, we will lose our free agency to the same extent.
H. Verlin. Anderson, “The Great and Abominable Church of the
Devil”

In order to be like God we must allow others the same agency as he has allowed us to have. Otherwise we will be so foreign to him we will have no place with him. We will be placed with others we are like.

davedan
captain of 1,000

Post by davedan »

I work in an ER.

Cannabis is great for business!!!

farmerchick
captain of 1,000

Post by farmerchick »

So first off, I didn't read the article. I should have probably, but life is short.... lol.... I'm a person who is involved in various altruistic endeavors which include all types of people from all walks of life and all levels of the economic spectrum with all kinds of problems. I will agree recreational marijuana is a scourge on society. Those who engage in recreational smoking are doing a disservice to their bodies and their relationships. However, I'm an advocate for those who use it with knowledge and skill to help the sick and afflicted. Just last week a courageous young 34 year Old man with debilitating cerebral palsey was in my home. He can't walk. Can only crawl and his speech is very hard to understand. He is very intelligent and has limited use of his hands. His muscles are very tense and he uses cbd oil by mouth in the evening to help him relax. Without marijuana he would be taking muscle relaxers instead. I know many people who have benefitted from the legalization of marijuana. Legalization has made the illegal growers here somewhat irrelevant, although there are still people, mostly Mexican nationals, who grow it on properties like the national forests and other properties without permission, but that's another story. There will always be the large percentage of people who will use marijuana without skill and knowledge. Opiods, alcohol and other illegal substances will continue to be abused by people everywhere and cause general society to be degraded. That's just how it is. The government is well aware of the cost to society. The large pharmaceutical company's are also aware of the benefits of marijuana and do not want it used with Knowledge and skill. It really is a double edged sword. That is why the government wanted the legalization to include recreational use. The education of people who smoke marijuana will come as time passes. Addiction or abuse of any substance should be avoided, and marijuana really can be a miracle for some people. We have to become educated and realize that we aren't being given the whole picture from our government. Do the research and you will see that high cbd and low THC can do wonders for chronically ill people. The rest of us should leave it alone.

gardener4life
captain of 1,000

Post by gardener4life »

I think I should speak up here. We're kidding ourselves if we ignore the warnings, or tell us that substance abuse isn't the real culprit for a lot of evils happening now.

In regards to; "People should have the freedoms to have access to it." People are also saying the same thing about promoting gay marriage and all kinds of things we'd better stay away from. Nobody with good intentions ever says everyone should have access to poison.

First of there's a difference between having agency to choose and unlimited freedom. We will pay for our decisions whether they are good. I pray even my good decisions don't have bad side effects...We are also not teaching unlimited freedom and no restraint. By very nature the gospel does promote agency but also obedience, sacrifice, learning to accept that we need our decisions to go slow enough that we can comprehend them. The very nature of prayer is that we pray for Heavenly Father to not leave us alone and to help us with agency and it's consequences because we know life is hard. Because it's hard we don't want to get anywhere near the edge. Even if we stay away from the edge, we'll slip towards it. So if we'll slip towards it let's not be right next to it before that happens. Our life with families on Earth promotes responsibility and not unlimited freedom. Freedom to choose allows us choices but it doesn't mean we promote anarchy and chaos. Nobody is every happy living in anarchy and chaos. Anarchy and chaos cause suffering.

Do you want to cause suffering? Are you willing to risk your salvation by promoting marijauna use to let it destroy some innocents? You will reason that they are responsible and won't be destroyed because they are good, but even good people need mentoring. You can't be with your loved ones every minute of the day to make sure they stay safe. They will be alone sometimes while you are at work. And when you are at work, you will one day have this cold fear in your heart wondering if you protected them enough from the sicknesses of this world. And you worry if the ones they date and are hanging out with will be the cause of them doing good or bad. They've got to have spiritual strength to say no to those people much more than they the strength required to say no to even medical marijauna.

And some day soon after marijauna is accepted the next step will be dishing it out like candy for any reason. Psychologists and people who don't require any special proof or reasoning of there to really be an illness will be the next ones to start dishing them out for all kinds of ambiguous reasons.

Why do you think we aren't born as adults?

Its because we need to accept that we can't handle endless freedom. We need boundaries. We want boundaries and to be safe. We want to be safe because we trust that Heavenly Father can come up with a better alternative than mechanical miracles. We're children still at best in the eternal scheme of things. We have to learn how to use our freedom wisely as we grow up a bit at a time. So we don't need endless freedom with access to all kinds of stuff like marijauna. The goal of the gospel isn't endless inhibited freedom but a place in 'the kingdom with Jesus and Heavenly Father; where they live in peace and beauty beyond anything we can comprehend. There are a few people who use it for pain but why are we defending drugs? Are we a society that puts drugs above people? I worry when I read arguments like we should let everyone have access to marijauna. Are they going to argue that their city should also have ecstacy and meth farms because those have a use too?

I apologize for my wording that way. I hope I don't offend anyone, but I've accepted I will probably. Sorry. You are all God's children. You are all wonderful. But I have seen firsthand some of the problems with this and other drugs. Yes, it is a drug. So I'm sorry if I made anyone feel bad. But I can't ignore what I felt now and then. And it's sickening to see someone destroy their life with drugs.

Did you know the memory problems caused by marijauna are very true and real? Both long term usage of marijauna (a few years seems to be all it takes) and also maurijauna combined with other medications both accelerate and cause memory problems? I once worked at a unnamed place doing an unnamed job that had people who were disabled coming in. A vast percentage of them had complications from memory problems and loss of identity from not being able to handle routine tasks because of memory loss. And the cases all had the common link of marijauna usage as the common element, with often a combination of marijauna and alcohol involved.

Currently I have a relative who very often forgets to even shut the front door of the house when he leaves. And yes, he uses marijauna. Can you imagine how hard it is to feel safe with a family member that ...you wake up at 2 AM and your front door is wide open and has been all night, or sometimes its the side door. Or you wake up in the morning and the house is cold because so and so can't remember to shut the door? And this happens often. And sometimes this person sneaks people home from the bar. And it's absolutely terrifying. It all came from acceptance that marijauna is a medicine, not an evil plant. The only consolation is we don't live in New York or Los Angeles.

I've seen a member become addicted to Oxycontin who were faithful recommend holders but the drugs out now are so powerful that nothing can stop them. (Different person from the example above in marijauna). People get trapped by thinking they can control the drug and that there is no evil so they can't be brought into bondage. But without the spirit we can't control anything in our lives. We need help from Heavenly Father to keep our lives in order on even the best of days. And there's also this growing group of people that try to say we shouldn't have discernment from the spirit in our lives. (You can't judge me.) But I would say what purpose is discernment as a gift of the spirit unless we were meant to have it. And we also shouldn't be able to have rules is another argument. Or they may say that we have no right to tell them what to do. Nobody ever did any good without consequences to their decisions. And rules are to teach us that every choice has consequences. We don't tell people what to do; instead we say hey the bridge is out ahead, if you keep going that way you will crash into the river. But then they'll get offended and even speed up saying we had no right to impose our will on them.

I think also if we argue that marijauna or other drugs can't be evil because they aren't alive and are only objects we're kidding ourselves and will end up allowing it to cause suffering around us.

Just the other day there was a news article of a small to mid sized Ohio town with a heroin epidemic so bad that one of the officer's said their morgue was filled with bodies so high to fill the whole thing DAILY, almost entirely coming from opium related deaths.

Some of the talks from the recent prophets and apostles have hinted that drug related deaths and suicides will skyrocket in the future. Just about 17 years ago President Hinckley had a talk about stuff like this. Then recently President Monson had a talk on the word of wisdom. The word of wisdom also doesn't include trying to science out how to make things like marijauna acceptable and have clever excuses for them. I also recently heard an acquaintance who didn't even believe in God quoting the doctrine and covenants word for word trying to use priestcraft and manipulation to make others think there were loop holes in the word of wisdom to allow for some 'tampering' and playing with things that they reason to not really be evil. This type of there is no evil was also the argument of Korihor types.

Well sorry if I made anyone feel bad. But if you care about someone you will warn them. I care about you, so I'll risk being shunned and risk being persecuted to let people know what's really happening. You probably won't believe me now, but when your kids start dating and their picking their friends...that's when you'll be glad we talked about this.

Sasquatch
captain of 50

Post by Sasquatch »

gardener4life
A fundamental difference between gay marriage and marijuana is that homosexual activity is fundamentally immoral, while marijuana, or cannabis, has both proper and improper uses. "Evil plant"? /:) The U.S. hemp industry thrived until a combination of wicked, conspiring men and misinformed individuals totally outlawed it. Unfortunately, several generations have grown up under the total prohibition of cannabis and have been brainwashed to believe it's a terrible scourge when it really has good and bad uses. It's absurd to argue that a free society can exist in which even the simple possession of a God-given plant can warrant severe punishment by the government, unless you are deeply deceived or lying to yourself (which is a form of dishonesty, by the way.)

buffalo_girl
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by buffalo_girl »

Where it is 'legal', the cost must surely limit its everyday recreational use!

Besides, Monsanto is working on a GMO strain which will virtually destroy any 'anarchist' backyard pot plants. The Blackwater/XE guys hired to enforce their corporate patent and tricked out in swat costumes, will kick in your doors, pull up your plants and carry you off to a Monsanto owned judge in St. Louis for a summary judgment and life destroying economic punishment. How's that for lawless and immoral?

Ezra
captain of 1,000

Post by Ezra »

What would heaven on earth look like???

It would be for everyone to have the freedoms to do what ever we wanted to do. And with that freedom they all choose to do good and be charitable.

What does hell on earth look like?

Being forced by fear of death or imprisonment to be compelled to live and be a certain way that is chosen by the elites with the help of the brainwashed masses.

The people of Enoch were so good and righteous they we're translated. They lived righteous lives by choice. Brigham young had a vision of the people of Enoch on his way to Utah with the pioneers. Was promised that if we as a people (lds)would implement those same patterns in our lives we would be like them.

Think about that. We would be on the verge of being translated like they were. Brigham young taught to the lds people what those patterns of the people of Enoch were.

They rejected it. Still do. And continue to distance themselves from what was taught. Now most people have forgotten what Brigham young taught.

He said that the number one thing that the people of Enoch did was they taught their children an education from the scriptures.
It was a church run education. No precepts of men.

Brigham young set that up in the church and the members quickly rejected it for an education of the world in public schools.

Think on this scripture but remember that they didn't have schools when this was written. Churchs is where people recived a education. So church = schools

2 nephi 26:20

20 And the Gentiles are lifted up in the pride of their eyes, and have stumbled, because of the greatness of their stumbling block, that they have built up many churches; (schools)nevertheless, they put down the power and miracles of God, and preach up unto themselves their own wisdom and their own learning, that they may get gain and grind upon the face of the poor.

They took God out of their education just as we have with our public schools. This is our stumbling block.

This is why we are not like the people of Enoch.

This is why it's parents that are the problem not marijuana not the freedom to have access to it.

Because our population is so uneducated in a godly education that is the root of the problems we face. Doesn't matter how many freedoms people try to take away from others through government to try to make others be good. It won't work. It will just take freedoms away from good people who would use that freedom for good. Bad people will continue as they always have being bad.

farmerchick
captain of 1,000

Post by farmerchick »

I'm am well aware of societal problems caused by drug abuse including marijuana. NO ONE IN MY OPINION SHOULD USE IT RECREATIONALLY!!!!!!! THE STATE GOVERNMENT OF WASHINGTON IS PROMOTING MARIJUANA FOR RECREATIONAL USE. NO ONE SHOUKD EVER TAKE MEDICAL MARIJUANA BY SMOKING IT. NOONE IN MY OPINION SHOUKD USE THE HIGH THC STRAINS AS THEY PROMOTE HALLUCINATIONS. DO YOUR RESEARCH....LOW THC HIGH CBD REALLY DOES HELP THE DHRONICALLY ILL. THE WAY WASHINGTON STATE DOES MEDICAL MARIJUANA IS A SCAM. PEOPLE WHO USE KEDICAL MARIJIUANA ARE BEING PRESCRIBED MARIJUANA IN ALL FORMS EVEN THOUGH SMOKING IT IS CLEARLY HARMFUL. IT IS RIDICULOUS. KNOWLEDGE AD SKILL PLUS COMMON SENSE ARE NEEDED TO USE MARIJUANA. THIS IS SEVERELY LACKING IN MOST MEDICAL MARIJUANA USERS. THIS IS NOT A MORAL ISSUE IN MY OPINION. NO GOOD MEMBER OF THE CHURCH SHOULD BE USING MARIJUANA UNLESS THEY ARE ILL.....JUST LIKE MEMBERS WHO USE PHARMACEUTICAL PRESCRIPTIONS BY DOCTORS WHO KNOW WHAT TO PRESCRIBE. All caps cause I've posted this opinion several times on different threads....lol

Ezra
captain of 1,000

Post by Ezra »

farmerchick wrote: August 8th, 2017, 5:14 pm I'm am well aware of societal problems caused by drug abuse including marijuana. NO ONE IN MY OPINION SHOULD USE IT RECREATIONALLY!!!!!!! THE STATE GOVERNMENT OF WASHINGTON IS PROMOTING MARIJUANA FOR RECREATIONAL USE. NO ONE SHOUKD EVER TAKE MEDICAL MARIJUANA BY SMOKING IT. NOONE IN MY OPINION SHOUKD USE THE HIGH THC STRAINS AS THEY PROMOTE HALLUCINATIONS. DO YOUR RESEARCH....LOW THC HIGH CBD REALLY DOES HELP THE DHRONICALLY ILL. THE WAY WASHINGTON STATE DOES MEDICAL MARIJUANA IS A SCAM. PEOPLE WHO USE KEDICAL MARIJIUANA ARE BEING PRESCRIBED MARIJUANA IN ALL FORMS EVEN THOUGH SMOKING IT IS CLEARLY HARMFUL. IT IS RIDICULOUS. KNOWLEDGE AD SKILL PLUS COMMON SENSE ARE NEEDED TO USE MARIJUANA. THIS IS SEVERELY LACKING IN MOST MEDICAL MARIJUANA USERS. THIS IS NOT A MORAL ISSUE IN MY OPINION. NO GOOD MEMBER OF THE CHURCH SHOULD BE USING MARIJUANA UNLESS THEY ARE ILL.....JUST LIKE MEMBERS WHO USE PHARMACEUTICAL PRESCRIPTIONS BY DOCTORS WHO KNOW WHAT TO PRESCRIBE. All caps cause I've posted this opinion several times on different threads....lol
I agree with you on almost everything you said. A few things I disagreeing are. High thc marijuana is best used topically. It has better qualities for pain relief. Topically it won't cause any negative side effects. We make hash out of high thc strains and then add that to shea butter for a lotion.

That is what I used to heal my wrist that has been hurt for 15 years from a motorcycle accident.

I don't believe that people need a doctor to tell them how to use it either. The spirit does just fine. After all if anyone lacks wisdom let him ask God. And he will answer.

Another good pain reliever that is natural is willow bark.

farmerchick
captain of 1,000

Post by farmerchick »

THC is only activated by heat. Using it topically would be a good idea. Most don't use it topically... again with skill and knowledge it should be applied. The doctors who prescribe it are a joke for sure.

kittycat51
captain of 1,000

Post by kittycat51 »

Ezra wrote: August 8th, 2017, 6:59 pm
farmerchick wrote: August 8th, 2017, 5:14 pm I'm am well aware of societal problems caused by drug abuse including marijuana. NO ONE IN MY OPINION SHOULD USE IT RECREATIONALLY!!!!!!! THE STATE GOVERNMENT OF WASHINGTON IS PROMOTING MARIJUANA FOR RECREATIONAL USE. NO ONE SHOUKD EVER TAKE MEDICAL MARIJUANA BY SMOKING IT. NOONE IN MY OPINION SHOUKD USE THE HIGH THC STRAINS AS THEY PROMOTE HALLUCINATIONS. DO YOUR RESEARCH....LOW THC HIGH CBD REALLY DOES HELP THE DHRONICALLY ILL. THE WAY WASHINGTON STATE DOES MEDICAL MARIJUANA IS A SCAM. PEOPLE WHO USE KEDICAL MARIJIUANA ARE BEING PRESCRIBED MARIJUANA IN ALL FORMS EVEN THOUGH SMOKING IT IS CLEARLY HARMFUL. IT IS RIDICULOUS. KNOWLEDGE AD SKILL PLUS COMMON SENSE ARE NEEDED TO USE MARIJUANA. THIS IS SEVERELY LACKING IN MOST MEDICAL MARIJUANA USERS. THIS IS NOT A MORAL ISSUE IN MY OPINION. NO GOOD MEMBER OF THE CHURCH SHOULD BE USING MARIJUANA UNLESS THEY ARE ILL.....JUST LIKE MEMBERS WHO USE PHARMACEUTICAL PRESCRIPTIONS BY DOCTORS WHO KNOW WHAT TO PRESCRIBE. All caps cause I've posted this opinion several times on different threads....lol
I agree with you on almost everything you said. A few things I disagreeing are. High thc marijuana is best used topically. It has better qualities for pain relief. Topically it won't cause any negative side effects. We make hash out of high thc strains and then add that to shea butter for a lotion.

That is what I used to heal my wrist that has been hurt for 15 years from a motorcycle accident.

I don't believe that people need a doctor to tell them how to use it either. The spirit does just fine. After all if anyone lacks wisdom let him ask God. And he will answer.

I love willow bark for many things. It doesn't even begin to touch my joint pain though; for that matter nothing has. (not even narcotic pain meds) Actually I've learned that Devil's claw helps my joint pain a bit, so I'll keep using it because something is better than nothing. I would love to try marijuana. What I wouldn't give for a pain free night where I can sleep solid without waking up, or a day where I can do simple housework without being held back from pain. (Being able to bend over and pick my grandchildren would be nice also)

farmerchick
captain of 1,000

Post by farmerchick »

Come to Washington... buy it legally..... research the type of strain that will work best and try it. It will help.

Ezra
captain of 1,000

Post by Ezra »

kittycat51 wrote: August 8th, 2017, 7:11 pm

I love willow bark for many things. It doesn't even begin to touch my joint pain though; for that matter nothing has. (not even narcotic pain meds) Actually I've learned that Devil's claw helps my joint pain a bit, so I'll keep using it because something is better than nothing. I would love to try marijuana. What I wouldn't give for a pain free night where I can sleep solid without waking up, or a day where I can do simple housework without being held back from pain. (Being able to bend over and pick my grandchildren would be nice also)
My wrist I hurt wrecking a dirt bike. And for 15 years there was always a dull pain from my wrist and didn't have full mobility of my wrist. It showed no signs of getting any better in that 15 years.

We made the high thc lotion and I put it on my wrist when the pain was bad. Like most joint pain it depends on the weather when it hurt worse or wasn't as bad. Put it on once or 2 times a week for a month. Then realized about a month later that it wasn't hurting anymore and I had full mobility again.

So used it a few times one month and the. Forgot about my wrist entirely for a month because it didn't hurt and then realized it was back to normal. I was very surprised. I didn't expect that.

But you mentioned wanting a pain free night sleep.
My neighbor made high cbd/thc butter cooked in brownies.

I had a small bite. This was befor we made the lotion for my wrist. Almost instantly the pain in my wrist went away. And about a half hour later it made me very sleepy. Went to bed slept like a log. One of the best night sleep I have had.

I sleep pretty well anyways. But I felt very relaxed and refreshed in the morning.

OCDMOM
captain of 1,000

Post by OCDMOM »

I have been using Curcumin 95 and boswellia. Morning and night. They did research on it at a university. I think it is really helpful. I heard MJ can cause extreme anxiety, I will pass.

farmerchick
captain of 1,000

Post by farmerchick »

Marijuana probably could cause anxiety if you use the wrong strain. Again..... using marijuana with knowledge and skill is the key to using it properly in a healing way. Marijuana strains with high cbd and low THC not activated by heat that are eaten can be used to treat anxiety. I have seen it happen. My husband who is not a member and also not a guy who likes weed, had a terrible accident which caused him pain in his shoulder. this has gone on for years. He went to doctors who gave him steroids, shots pain. Pills. Nothing seemed to help. Someone close to us suggested he try the cannabis. We were very skeptical. My husband wouldn't smoke it as our friend suggested and took it my mouth after we made an oil out of it. It took away all his pain miraculously. We have since done alot of research and found a high cbd low THC strain that he likes. No side effects except it makes him tired. He takes it at night only a couple times monthly. It keeps his pain away miraculously. He can work hard physically if necessary and doesn't hurt. Anything that can help you can harm you if not used properly. I also use turmeric on a daily basis as well as pineapple smoothest which are anti inflamitory.

Ezra
captain of 1,000

Post by Ezra »

OCDMOM wrote: August 8th, 2017, 8:56 pm

I have been using Curcumin 95 and boswellia. Morning and night. They did research on it at a university. I think it is really helpful. I heard MJ can cause extreme anxiety, I will pass.
My friend had really bad anxiety. He would have panic attacks once a year that would put in in the er. He takes cbd oils and that has greatly helped greatly helped his anxiety.

Strains that have more sativa vs indica cause anxiety when smoked from what I have read. I don't believe that it's the same when taking them orally.

farmerchick
captain of 1,000

Post by farmerchick »

Ezra wrote: August 8th, 2017, 9:44 pm
kittycat51 wrote: August 8th, 2017, 7:11 pm [quote=Ezra post_id=7984
I

My friend had really bad anxiety. He would have panic attacks once a year that would put in in the er. He takes cbd oils and that has greatly helped greatly helped his anxiety.

Strains that have more sativa vs indica cause anxiety when smoked from what I have read. I don't believe that it's the same when taking them orally.
You are correct. Heating up THC beyond a certain threshold activates the hallucinogenic properties which cause paranoia and other issues. Smoking it activates the THC... that's why you would never want to smoke it. I have learned alot about it through research and talking with others who use it mostly incorrectly.

skmo
captain of 1,000

Post by skmo »

Marijuana is not bad for society. Its wrongful use is.

The same can be said for alcohol, although I'm not sure what alcohol's good use is. Alcohol use causes many, many more problems than marijuana does. The crime associated with pot along with its corresponding cost to our society are much worse than I believe legalizing it would have. It makes no difference to my actions and choices whether pot is legal, I do not have medical problems I would need it for, and I certainly do not choose to use it recreationally. (don't lecture me about that not being a word - its use is becoming more common and its intent is clear) The cost of crime associated with pot affects me considerably.

kittycat51
captain of 1,000

Post by kittycat51 »

I have been taking Boswellia for my Irritable Bowel Disease for 18 months. I started even before my joint pain and inflammation hit, so in other words it didn't prevent the joint problems from happening. (It effects every joint in my body, not just one or two) Curcumin (Turmeric) I have to be careful with because it flairs up my stomach and gallbladder, which is sad because it has helped a small bit. At this point there is nothing that I have tried or take that I think "wow, that really makes a difference in which I can function descent", it's more like, that sort of helps or doesn't do a darn thing. I have been BIG into all things natural for years and try and shun away from anything over the counter, but atlas even I have my breaking point. I am currently on steroids of which I swore I would NEVER take. It's a very low dose, for an indefinite amount of time. I'm still have constant pain, but it helps me function and sleep without tossing and turning in pain. I have tried most everything I could read/find that helps joint pain and inflammation. I do have to be really careful because of my IBD, many things can flair/effect it. I am looking for that magic bullet that helps all my conditions. I feel like what helps one thing makes another condition flair. Really bites. X(

I also suffer from anxiety, extreme at times. I would still be more than willing to see what MJ could do for me.

Ezra
captain of 1,000

Post by Ezra »

skmo wrote: August 9th, 2017, 7:42 am Marijuana is not bad for society. Its wrongful use is.

The same can be said for alcohol, although I'm not sure what alcohol's good use is. Alcohol use causes many, many more problems than marijuana does. The crime associated with pot along with its corresponding cost to our society are much worse than I believe legalizing it would have. It makes no difference to my actions and choices whether pot is legal, I do not have medical problems I would need it for, and I certainly do not choose to use it recreationally. (don't lecture me about that not being a word - its use is becoming more common and its intent is clear) The cost of crime associated with pot affects me considerably.
It's only wrongful to use it incorrectly.

davedan
captain of 1,000

Post by davedan »

Journal List
Indian J Psychiatry
v.53(3); Jul-Sep 2011
PMC3221171

Cannabis has a negative impact on cognition; however, the current body of research literature does not provide evidence of significant, long-term effects due to cannabis use. Several acute effects are noted and some are suggestive of negative mental health consequences.[13] Evidence from both animal and human studies suggests that the severity of the effects of cannabis use on cognitive development is dependent on the age when cannabis use begins.[14] One possible explanation is that those who begin cannabis use early in adolescence are more likely to become heavily dependent. It is plausible that chronic cannabis abuse will then interfere with educational and vocational training. From a more biological perspective, however, use of cannabis during critical developmental periods in the still maturing brain may induce persistent alterations in brain structure and brain function.[15] Therefore, the effects of frequent cannabis use during adolescence could be different from and more serious than those during adulthood, an issue increasingly recognized in the field of cannabis research.

davedan
captain of 1,000

Post by davedan »

http://jamanetwork.com/journals/jama/ar ... act/396766

Results. —Heavy users displayed significantly greater impairment than light users on attentional/executive functions, as evidenced particularly by greater perseverations on card sorting and reduced learning of word lists. These differences remained after controlling for potential confounding variables, such as estimated levels of premorbid cognitive functioning, and for use of alcohol and other substances in the two groups.

Conclusions. —Heavy marijuana use is associated with residual neuropsychological effects even after a day of supervised abstinence from the drug.