Tempted to get tattoo to prove I'm not a fool.

For discussion of liberty, freedom, government and politics.
Fiannan
Level 34 Illuminated

Tempted to get tattoo to prove I'm not a fool.

Post by Fiannan »

Naturally the title is more a statement of frustration for people who judge by the outside rather than the inside. I do not think I would ever actually get a tattoo, although one of my sons has one.
Mormon Republicans who preferred McMullin were less likely to have a tattoo and more likely to view religion as a positive force in society. They were also twice as likely as Trump voters to think that racial diversity is a positive trend in America and that immigrants strengthen American society.
Mormon Republicans who preferred Trump were more likely to be military veterans and believe that government is almost always wasteful, similar to those that supported Johnson.
http://gazette.com/mormons-trump-and-mc ... le/1607405

I would also say that the people who voted for McMullin appeared to me to be the most gullible and self-righteous Mormons, not the more devout. But I would say their religious ideals may appear outwardly righteous and patriotic, maybe like the ones that President Benson warned us about, but somewhat superficial intellectually. If there is such a thing as a Mormon snowflake who outwardly appears devout but not all that analytical maybe these were the ones who voted for McMullin and would support him if he were to go into politics in the future.

What do others find in regards to the supporters of this guy?

David13
Level 34 Illuminated

Re: Tempted to get tattoo to prove I'm not a fool.

Post by David13 »

Well, first of all, I have always been against tattoos.
Now, we all remember the song "You Can't Judge a Book by it's Cover", right. Well, lo and behold, yes you can. You can get a good idea of what's inside from the cover, can't you?
And we all know that many of those with tattoos are more likely than those without to be involved with drugs and alcohol.
(Except for the ones in or on rehab, who at least purport ..)
And we all remember the old days where a person with long hair was far more likely to be involved with drugs at least of some sort, than the ones with short hair. Now, that doesn't determine any individual,
As to immigration, the immigration that we have today is far different than that of the past. In the past they just needed labor. It didn't matter if it was uneducated and unskilled. But that's not the case today.
Today we have vast legions of immigrants who come for the welfare and other benefits. To have their baby here with free medical, etc.
Remember, not long ago, there was no such thing as welfare, food stamps, free medical, aid to dependent children, free housing, aid for this, aid for that, etc etc etc.
What about the issue of assimilation? Where did that go?
Also, I thought that guy's name was MacMuffin. Where did he come from, where did he get the money to do the run? Nothing but a diversionary tactic as far as I'm concerned.
dc

Juliet
captain of 1,000

Post by Juliet »

Mormons are people so they will have all the negative qualities you decide to see in them. It isn't wrong to see the negative because evil is real and it exists. But, I don't want to comment further because I am not the one to point people toward their faults.

What I can say, is if you get a tattoo, you are putting a portal on your body and thereby making a contract for entities to inhabit you. I can feel the evil just having a tattoo shop on the street. I don't judge anyone for getting a tattoo because most people don't know the dangers of it. I do believe the atonement covers people when they sin in ignorance. But the truth is, it is a negative contract.

Alaris
Captain of 144,000

Post by Alaris »

Fiannan wrote: August 7th, 2017, 1:01 pm Naturally the title is more a statement of frustration for people who judge by the outside rather than the inside. I do not think I would ever actually get a tattoo, although one of my sons has one.
Mormon Republicans who preferred McMullin were less likely to have a tattoo and more likely to view religion as a positive force in society. They were also twice as likely as Trump voters to think that racial diversity is a positive trend in America and that immigrants strengthen American society.
Mormon Republicans who preferred Trump were more likely to be military veterans and believe that government is almost always wasteful, similar to those that supported Johnson.
http://gazette.com/mormons-trump-and-mc ... le/1607405

I would also say that the people who voted for McMullin appeared to me to be the most gullible and self-righteous Mormons, not the more devout. But I would say their religious ideals may appear outwardly righteous and patriotic, maybe like the ones that President Benson warned us about, but somewhat superficial intellectually. If there is such a thing as a Mormon snowflake who outwardly appears devout but not all that analytical maybe these were the ones who voted for McMullin and would support him if he were to go into politics in the future.

What do others find in regards to the supporters of this guy?
There's likely lurking variables on that tattoo statistic, as a tattoo is hardly a sign of an autonomous, thinking mormon. That said, I listened to Glenn Beck and Ben Shapiro and Sean Hannity and Mark Levin all make their several cases to vote for / against Trump. I'm sorry, but the time to stop Trump was in the primary. Voting for McMullin was in fact a vote for Hillary, and I do agree that general support for McMullin is a reflection of the "extra" righteousness problem that large swaths of Utahns suffer from as the Pharisees did in the time of Christ--obeying man made laws to make themselves extra righteous. So, I disagree with the tattoo connection & agree generally with your McMullin conclusion. "I'm too righteous to vote for Trump." PFF

I believe it was the prayers of the righteous that saved us from Hillary. CAN YOU IMAGINE IF SHE HAD WON!?? *SHIVERS* :ymsick:

Irrelevant
captain of 100

Post by Irrelevant »

I don't think I was too righteous to vote for Trump but I voted for none of the previously mentioned candidates. I didn't choose to vote based on my righteousness, to vote against another candidate, or to prove a point. I refuse to play the political game anymore and decided that from then on I would be voting for whom I felt was the best person for the office, after much study and thought and prayer.

As far as tattoos, it's just another one of those examples of culture and tradition. If you want one and find something you actually want then go for it. It is tempting to get one just to cause a stink but I don't think I'd do it solely for that, personally. Are you opening a demonic portal by getting one? No. Will it affect the way people look at you? Yes, and moreso if it's visible. Is it a sin? Depends. I feel like if you go against anything that God has told you to do or not to do is a sin. So if He tells you not to get one then yes, it is.

Interesting study.

angelaawright
Hi, I'm new.

Post by angelaawright »

If you don't want to read the short article below, it basically says the author had a stool analysis and a detailed blood analysis done and was shocked to find that her liver enzymes were at a toxic level due to her tattoos.

Quote from article " Unfortunately metals like mercury, iron, arsenic, lead, and cadmium help to give tattoo ink its color and permanency factor. Carbon black and polycyclic aromatic hydrocarbons, a sootlike product and a known pollutant, are often the main ingredients in black ink.... Exposure to these metals and toxins can place an extreme burden on the liver and the other detox organs. Studies show that the polycyclic aromatic hydrocarbons have been found stored in the lymph nodes of tattooed people causing them to actually turn black. Many of the heavy metals, like lead and mercury, are also considered to be neurotoxins that can affect cognitive function and cause brain fog, fatigue, and many other symptoms. While the damage of these toxins individually to our health is well-studied, the research on the long-term effects of tattoos is still in its infancy."

Another individual who is a cell stem donor for her brother was told by an organ transplant surgeon " that the body views a tattoo as an invasion, or a breach to the health system by way of the skin. It taxes the immune system because the body is fighting off the tattoo like it would a parasite or illness. In his opinion, if he had two transplant recipient patients and only one organ, everything else being equal and one had tattoos and the other didn't, the one without the tattoos would get the organ. His was reasoning was that organs were hard to come by, therefore he wanted to give the procedure the best chance of success."

https://www.mindbodygreen.com/0-26866/t ... ign=buffer

brianj
captain of 1,000

Post by brianj »

David13 wrote: August 7th, 2017, 1:33 pm Well, first of all, I have always been against tattoos.
Now, we all remember the song "You Can't Judge a Book by it's Cover", right. Well, lo and behold, yes you can. You can get a good idea of what's inside from the cover, can't you?
And we all know that many of those with tattoos are more likely than those without to be involved with drugs and alcohol.
No, in this case you can't judge a book by its cover. I hope I don't offend you too much, but you remind me of those people who take the time to write Al Carraway to tell her how much better off the church and world would be if she killed herself.

A tattoo, or a collection of tattoos, are nothing more than evidence of where a book has been. Some people look at Al Carraway and see nothing more than a wicked person whose wickedness is proven by her tattoos. To them nothing that ever happens in her life matters because she has tattoos.
Others will look at Kayden Carlos and see nothing more than a drug dealer. To them nothing that ever happens in his life matters because he dealt drugs in high school.

I firmly believe that anybody who passes such judgement is placing themselves in danger of the consequences of unrighteous judgement that Christ spoke of. For those of us who have experienced it, especially those who left the church and returned as well as those of us raised outside the church and have been converted, the change we experienced is marvelous. It is glorious! It is... I don't know how to put it other than to say that I know the taste of the fruit Lehi and Nephi tasted in vision. And it is very sad to meet people who refuse to consider us for what we are, only seeing the evidence of where we came from. I know people who have been ostracized at church because of needle scars on their arms or tattoos, and others who have had relationships broken up because the person they were going to accept as an eternal companion wouldn't accept a son or daughter in law who didn't have a good Mormon pedigree and they know so well that only those raised in big Mormon families are worthy to be joined to this family. And this attitude leaves me feeling very sad.

David13
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by David13 »

brianj wrote: August 7th, 2017, 9:12 pm
David13 wrote: August 7th, 2017, 1:33 pm Well, first of all, I have always been against tattoos.
No, in this case you can't judge a book by its cover. I hope I don't offend you too much, but you remind me of those people who take the time to write Al Carraway to tell her how much better off the church and world would be if she killed herself.

A tattoo, or a collection of tattoos, are nothing more than evidence of where a book has been. Some people look at Al Carraway and see nothing more than a wicked person whose wickedness is proven by her tattoos. To them nothing that ever happens in her life matters because she has tattoos.
Others will look at Kayden Carlos and see nothing more than a drug dealer. To them nothing that ever happens in his life matters because he dealt drugs in high school.

I firmly believe that anybody who passes such judgement is placing themselves in danger of the consequences of unrighteous judgement that Christ spoke of. For those of us who have experienced it, especially those who left the church and returned as well as those of us raised outside the church and have been converted, the change we experienced is marvelous. It is glorious! It is... I don't know how to put it other than to say that I know the taste of the fruit Lehi and Nephi tasted in vision. And it is very sad to meet people who refuse to consider us for what we are, only seeing the evidence of where we came from. I know people who have been ostracized at church because of needle scars on their arms or tattoos, and others who have had relationships broken up because the person they were going to accept as an eternal companion wouldn't accept a son or daughter in law who didn't have a good Mormon pedigree and they know so well that only those raised in big Mormon families are worthy to be joined to this family. And this attitude leaves me feeling very sad.

Well I don't know how much of that was meant to be directed at me, but all of it was way off.

But to get back to the topic, do we or do we not know them by their fruits? Do "we" judge them, or have they identified themselves, judged themselves by their actions?

The names you mention there I have never heard of, and with a hint from your references, I don't want to know who they are.

As for me ever counseling someone to commit suicide, that's about as far from any advice I have ever given as can be. That may just be your personal reading into what I posted, and not something from what I posted.

By their fruits ye shall know them? Where did I hear that? Did I hear it right? What does it mean?

You realize, the most important factor in changing, is humility. Not pride, not ego, this just came up in a big way in another big thread, or two.
dc

Ezra
captain of 1,000

Post by Ezra »

I thought about getting dreadlocks for the same reason of trying to break down people's judgement and preconceived notitons.

Then I realized that was me being judgmental of others for being judgmental. Realized the stupidity of it. The hypocrisy of it.

I believe that people who do get tattoos piercings dye their hair use make up and do almost anything to change their appearance are motivated by the fact that they are unhappy about themselves or are judgmental of themselves and others.

My favorite part of the Harry Potter movies/ books is that of the mirror of Erised and dumbledores explanation of it.

That the happiest man on earth would look in the mirror and see themselfs exactly as they are.

I feel that the happiest people in the world like themselfs exactly as they are and for good reason. They don't need to alter and change themselves in the hopes of feelings better. They don't need to own fancy things so they can feel better when others envy that possession or the status they imagin it will bring them.

God our perfect creator created us as we are. It's a slap in the face to change what he created in his perfect wisdom.

What we need to do is learn how to love his creation. All of his creations.

brianj
captain of 1,000

Post by brianj »

David13 wrote: August 7th, 2017, 9:34 pm
brianj wrote: August 7th, 2017, 9:12 pm

Well I don't know how much of that was meant to be directed at me, but all of it was way off.

But to get back to the topic, do we or do we not know them by their fruits? Do "we" judge them, or have they identified themselves, judged themselves by their actions?

The names you mention there I have never heard of, and with a hint from your references, I don't want to know who they are.

As for me ever counseling someone to commit suicide, that's about as far from any advice I have ever given as can be. That may just be your personal reading into what I posted, and not something from what I posted.

By their fruits ye shall know them? Where did I hear that? Did I hear it right? What does it mean?

You realize, the most important factor in changing, is humility. Not pride, not ego, this just came up in a big way in another big thread, or two.
dc
No, I didn't say that you would or did encourage Sister Carraway to commit suicide, merely that you reminded me of those who have done so.

You would be greatly benefited by knowing the people whom I have named. Stop reading now if you don't want to hear about faith promoting stories of amazing individuals.

Al Carraway (née Fox) is a convert to the LDS church who had an impressive collection of tattoos before meeting the missionaries. Yes, as you say, she identified the person she was at the time through her actions. But then she met the missionaries. According to her, she told the missionaries they could talk to her if they brought steaks, and a few hours later they returned to her apartment with steaks. Shortly before her 21st birthday she was baptized.
Before long she felt the prompting to move to Utah. The members of her little branch in New York begged her to not go, knowing how poorly she would be received by Utah Mormons, but she followed the Spirit. On her first day in Utah she goes to a fast food Mexican restaurant for lunch, holding a biography of one of the church presidents and becoming acutely aware of judgmental stares. Finally someone in line with her condescendingly said that it's very ironic for her to be holding that book, looking the way she does.
IT BROKE HER HEART. And I know exactly how she felt from experiences I have had.
She had a really hard time for a while because of people judging her based on how she "identified [her]self, judged [her]self by [her] actions." In her own words, “I so badly wanted to walk around with my scriptures just so the stares would stop, but more than anything, it just broke my heart that people couldn’t tell that I was trying. I just wanted, more than anything, for people to know that I was a member and that I was trying.”
Through the painful rejection and poor treatment from church members she became even more faithful and even more converted. Now this (would you call her wicked or evil because of those tattoos) woman is invited to speak to youth and adult groups around the world about her conversion story, to help strengthen them in their own trials which so often come because of other church members. If I could have lunch with anybody who works at the church headquarters campus, which includes all of the general authorities, I would choose to have lunch with Sister Carraway.
Her story is written in much more detail in a very well received book available from Deseret Book: https://deseretbook.com/p/more-than-the ... -paperback

Kayden Carlos was raised by a mother who had been addicted to methamphetamine, but had wanted to serve a mission as a primary student. When she started to get sober he began using alcohol, then marijuana, then worse drugs. He was dealing drugs by the time he reached high school. One morning in his senior year of high school he was playing a video game while a customer was shooting up on heroin and overdosed, apparently dying. Kayden cried out, begging God to save this person, and the person who overdosed started breathing again. In an interview with law enforcement that day he was given one last chance to come clean. Recognizing that he could accept the opportunity or would probably be dead soon, he took the chance. An uncle asked what he wanted, and Kayden said he wanted to be a missionary but wasn't worthy. His uncle testified that God still loved him, helping him onto the path to repentance. Two years later, after many meetings with priesthood leaders and much repentance, he opened a mission call.
Kayden came home last November, after a very successful mission. Since returning he has offered encouragement to people in the position he was in, as well as support for their families.

Sister Carraway marked herself with tattoos and Brother Carlos marked himself with needle scars. But neither of these people is who they were at the time, they have done amazing work helping a lot of people, and it is incredibly wrong to judge them by past fruit instead of their current fruits. I have not met Brother Carlos, but I have met Sister Carraway and I can tell you that it was an incredibly spiritual experience for me to hear her share her story.

Fiannan
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Fiannan »

I would say being obese is more disrespectful to the body you were blessed with than having a tattoo.

David13
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by David13 »

Fiannan wrote: August 8th, 2017, 1:25 am I would say being obese is more disrespectful to the body you were blessed with than having a tattoo.
Maybe equally so. That's the best I can agree with on that. One is bad maintenance, or not caring properly for the body, and the other is intentionally marking or defacing it. Both not good.
dc

Fiannan
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Fiannan »

David13 wrote: August 8th, 2017, 8:39 am
Fiannan wrote: August 8th, 2017, 1:25 am I would say being obese is more disrespectful to the body you were blessed with than having a tattoo.
Maybe equally so. That's the best I can agree with on that. One is bad maintenance, or not caring properly for the body, and the other is intentionally marking or defacing it. Both not good.
dc
Oh well, in the case of knowing who might be voting for someone as horrible as McMullin I'd rather associate with a Mormon who was tattooed and had his or her head on straight than someone who had no such indications. If I were single and had a choice of dating a Mormon gal who had a tattoo but voted for Trump and some live-for-choir Mormon gal with no tattoo but voted for McMullin I would absolutely choose the former.

JohnnyL
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by JohnnyL »

Fiannan wrote: August 8th, 2017, 9:00 am
dc
Oh well, in the case of knowing who might be voting for someone as horrible as McMullin I'd rather associate with a Mormon who was tattooed and had his or her head on straight than someone who had no such indications. If I were single and had a choice of dating a Mormon gal who had a tattoo but voted for Trump and some live-for-choir Mormon gal with no tattoo but voted for McMullin I would absolutely choose the former.
Not necessarily for me. I'd find out why they did. A one-choice off is too short-sighted and shallow for me. :p

JohnnyL
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by JohnnyL »

dc
It's a matter of how much is choice.
Both of those things--weight gain and getting tattoos--stem, at least partially, from trauma like abuse. Especially when they didn't choose that abuse and trauma, it's premature to say one is "bad maintenance" or "intentionally" doing it. It's like calling a Lamanite a bad person because of their personal "bad maintenance" or "intentionally" wanting to be bad.

JohnnyL
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by JohnnyL »

Take your pick...

Let's see, there is a 98% correlation between women having tattoos and sex. Read it, can't find it, so questionable.

Found this at https://link.springer.com/article/10.10 ... ccess=true :
Results: Women with tattoos were more likely to be younger, to drink more alcohol, to have more psychiatric symptoms and to show borderline personality features than were the non tattooed women. They were also more likely to report CSA [childhood sexual abuse].

Conclusions: Tattoos in women are statistically linked to CSA, and to later psychopathology in some women.
"Tattooing was also associated with risk-taking behaviours, including smoking, greater numbers of lifetime sexual partners, cannabis use (women only) and ever having depression (men only)."

https://www.theguardian.com/fashion/201 ... -and-anger
Study restores link between tattoos and anger
People who have tattoos report higher levels of verbal aggression and reactive rebelliousness – and the more tattoos they have, the angrier they are
Respondents were then questioned on four dispositional traits of aggression, including physical and verbal aggression, anger and hostility. This included asking them to assess how far they agreed with such statements as: “Given enough provocation, I may hit someone.”

Rebelliousness was assessed in two areas: proactive, which is active pursuit of rebellious activities for the sake of excitement; and reactive, the tendency to commit unpremeditated acts in response to disappointment or frustration.
Questions for the former included: “If you are asked particularly not to do something, do you feel an urge to do it?” For the latter: “If you get yelled at by someone in authority, would you (a) get angry and argue back; (b) try hard to avoid an argument; or (c) not sure?”

Swami and his team found that tattooed adults had significantly higher reactive rebelliousness compared with their unmarked peers. They also found that those with tattoos scored more highly in verbal aggression and anger, although not in the other two traits of aggression.
The study also found that women reported higher levels of all those characteristics than men.
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/10840898
235 college students rated themselves on a series of bipolar adjectives and answered questions about their involvement in a variety of "risky" behaviors, including tattooing and body piercing. 29 tattooed students rated themselves as more adventurous, creative, artistic, individualistic, and risky than those without tattoos. The 98 tattooed males considered themselves more attractive. Behaviorally, those with tattoos reported smoking more cigarettes. Tattooed men also reported more sexual partners, were more likely to report they had been arrested, and were more likely to have body piercings. The 21 tattooed women were more likely to report use of drugs other than alcohol, shoplifting, and body piercings in places other than their ears.
http://www.jsm.jsexmed.org/article/S174 ... 5/fulltext
Results
Adults with BMs have had their first intercourse statistically earlier and were more sexually active compared with controls. There were no statically significant differences in sexual orientation, sexual preferences, engaging in risky sexual behaviors, frequency of masturbation, and history of sexual abuse between the groups. In contrast, the frequency of sexual intercourses was statistically higher and oral sex was more likely to be a dominant sexual activity in adults with BM compared with controls. The multivariate logistic model revealed that adults with BM were four times less likely to participate in religious practices and twice more likely to have early sexual initiation.
Conclusions
Having BM is associated with early sexual initiation and more liberal attitudes toward sexual behaviors but not with engaging in risky sexual behaviors
Seeing this below, It reminded me what most psychologists already know: we don't know why we do things, and we lie to ourselves a lot (and naturally following, others) to explain our behaviors:
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/21152787
RESULTS: The profile of the participants was as follows: most were women; with 2 to 4 tattoos; who were about 23 years old when they got their first tattoo; with an undergraduate degree; who viewed tattooing as a trend; who did not report any important fact that made them get a tattoo; who classified the pain of getting a tattoo as tolerable, who stated that never felt discriminated and never felt the need to hide the tattoos; who find that tattoos make them more sexually attractive; who do not view tattooing as a form of cultural resistance; who said they would not have done it if they believed it caused them professional problems; who stated that they were not drunk when they got the tattoos; who said they were not habitual drugs users, who believed that tattooing is a form of expression and aesthetic sense.

David13
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by David13 »

dc

I do think I agree with that. The head is more important than the decorations, or the color of the shirt they wear.
dc

David13
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by David13 »

JohnnyL wrote: August 8th, 2017, 9:27 am
dc
Not necessarily for me. I'd find out why they did. A one-choice off is too short-sighted and shallow for me. :p

What if she had voted for the Hella Beast? What then? Would you then still want to stick around and find out "why?"
dc

David13
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by David13 »

JohnnyL wrote: August 8th, 2017, 9:33 am
dc
It's a matter of how much is choice.
Both of those things--weight gain and getting tattoos--stem, at least partially, from trauma like abuse. Especially when they didn't choose that abuse and trauma, it's premature to say one is "bad maintenance" or "intentionally" doing it. It's like calling a Lamanite a bad person because of their personal "bad maintenance" or "intentionally" wanting to be bad.

Well, but isn't that like the lefty wackos who say "oh, poverty causes crime" (in a whiny voice) which we full well know isn't true? You are saying, "oh, they had an abusive childhood, so they have to get fat and be lazy, or get tattoos." No they don't. That's more like mental health maintenance, isn't it?
dc

JohnnyL
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by JohnnyL »

David13 wrote: August 8th, 2017, 10:11 am
JohnnyL wrote: August 8th, 2017, 9:27 am
dc
What if she had voted for the Hella Beast? What then? Would you then still want to stick around and find out "why?"
dc
:)) I must be pretty shallow by my own quick standards on this one--no, I likely wouldn't! Well, I would like to find out why, but I wouldn't keep pretending things would work out. Although I did dream I was holding an old and maybe dying Barbara Walters in my arms last night, so... I would wonder how much she had intentionally vs. brainwashedly vote for her.

MMbelieve
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by MMbelieve »

Juliet wrote: August 7th, 2017, 1:47 pm Mormons are people so they will have all the negative qualities you decide to see in them. It isn't wrong to see the negative because evil is real and it exists. But, I don't want to comment further because I am not the one to point people toward their faults.

What I can say, is if you get a tattoo, you are putting a portal on your body and thereby making a contract for entities to inhabit you. I can feel the evil just having a tattoo shop on the street. I don't judge anyone for getting a tattoo because most people don't know the dangers of it. I do believe the atonement covers people when they sin in ignorance. But the truth is, it is a negative contract.
I just might agree with you. I have one and I tell you what, I want another for no rational reason and have to fight the feeling daily....yes daily. It's not a difficult fight mind you but it is something that comes to my mind far to often than I would like. It's weird cause I don't want to look like everyone else with multiple tattoos and think it's trashy.

So ya, I might agree with ya.

Juliet
captain of 1,000

Post by Juliet »

MMbelieve wrote: August 8th, 2017, 10:22 am
Juliet wrote: August 7th, 2017, 1:47 pm Mormons are people so they will have all the negative qualities you decide to see in them. It isn't wrong to see the negative because evil is real and it exists. But, I don't want to comment further because I am not the one to point people toward their faults.

I just might agree with you. I have one and I tell you what, I want another for no rational reason and have to fight the feeling daily....yes daily. It's not a difficult fight mind you but it is something that comes to my mind far to often than I would like. It's weird cause I don't want to look like everyone else with multiple tattoos and think it's trashy.

Luckily you can plead the blood of Jesus and revoke the contract since it was made in innocence, and that should protect you from further harassment. Just believe you do have the right of protection because of the blood of Jesus.

MMbelieve
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by MMbelieve »

Juliet wrote: August 8th, 2017, 10:51 am

Luckily you can plead the blood of Jesus and revoke the contract since it was made in innocence, and that should protect you from further harassment. Just believe you do have the right of protection because of the blood of Jesus.
Yes I got it in college and it's been about 10 years now.
I don't regret it but I also wish at times I didn't have it as it does seem to alter a person a little bit. At least I can present myself without it being seen by others as it is more hidden.

Thank you, most people just judge instead of offer understanding and support.

Juliet
captain of 1,000

Post by Juliet »

MMbelieve wrote: August 8th, 2017, 11:04 am
Juliet wrote: August 8th, 2017, 10:51 am

Yes I got it in college and it's been about 10 years now.
I don't regret it but I also wish at times I didn't have it as it does seem to alter a person a little bit. At least I can present myself without it being seen by others as it is more hidden.

Thank you, most people just judge instead of offer understanding and support.
Of course. I don't have a tattoo but have learned the same thing with my own mistakes. Thank goodness this life is practice and we are supposed to make mistakes.

Fiannan
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Fiannan »

Questions for the former included: “If you are asked particularly not to do something, do you feel an urge to do it?” For the latter: “If you get yelled at by someone in authority, would you (a) get angry and argue back; (b) try hard to avoid an argument; or (c) not sure?”
https://www.theguardian.com/fashion/201 ... -and-anger

Oh my gosh, the variable. Sheep do not resist authority...and that is why wolves love to prey on them. I guess the Mormon men and women with tattoos who voted for Trump were the ones who sought knowledge, resist conformity and think for themselves. Probably way more spiritual and when things go bad they will not perish like a bunch of snowflakes in the sun.