Thoughts on Musk's neural lace business venture

For discussion of liberty, freedom, government and politics.
capctr
captain of 100

Thoughts on Musk's neural lace business venture

Post by capctr »

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=HHOcVWUgd_E

Evidently, Elon plans to have this finished and available by the end of the decade. The concept is both fascinating, and horrifying.
Thoughts?

davedan
captain of 1,000

Re: Thoughts on Musk's neural lace business venture

Post by davedan »

1. Elon Musk is a Gad.
2. He claims he is worried about the development of AI turning into skynet.
3. His solution to controlling AI (AI safety) is to integrate it into the human physiology.
4. This is all a deception and just and excuse the Gads are using to push cybernetics.
5. Any permenent addition of technology into our physiology can be hacked, influenced (subliminal impulses) and controlled indirectly and directly.

BEWARE!

Fiannan
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Fiannan »

Interfaces work both ways. Never forget that.

inho
captain of 1,000

Post by inho »

Here is an abstract to an article that was published a week ago in the journal Faith and Philosophy
Christian Cyborgs: A Plea For a Moderate Transhumanism by Benedikt Paul Göcke
Should or shouldn’t Christians endorse the transhumanist agenda of changing human nature in ways fitting to one’s needs? To answer this question, we first have to be clear on what precisely the thesis of transhumanism entails that we are going to evaluate. Once this point is clarified, I argue that Christians can in principle fully endorse the transhumanist agenda because there is nothing in Christian faith that is in contradiction to it. In fact, given certain plausible moral assumptions, Christians should endorse a moderate enhancement of human nature. I end with a brief case study that analyses the theological implications of the idea of immortal Christian cyborgs. I argue that the existence of Christian cyborgs who know no natural death has no impact on the Christian hope of immortality in the presence of God.
Too bad I don't have access to the full paper.

JK4Woods
captain of 1,000

Post by JK4Woods »

Keep your eye on IPO's and look for a new public stock offering for a company named Cyberdyne Systems... :)) :)) :))

brianj
captain of 1,000

Post by brianj »

Fiannan wrote: August 7th, 2017, 5:16 am Interfaces work both ways. Never forget that.
Really? I have never seen output to a mouse or video camera, or input from a display.

cyclOps
captain of 1,000

Post by cyclOps »

brianj wrote: August 7th, 2017, 8:08 pm
Fiannan wrote: August 7th, 2017, 5:16 am Interfaces work both ways. Never forget that.
Really? I have never seen output to a mouse or video camera, or input from a display.
1. Of course you haven't seen them, but they have seen you!

2. Any type of touchscreen display is input/output, but I know what you mean.

Michelle
captain of 1,000

Post by Michelle »

I think it is interesting that the mark of the beast can be in the hand (micro chipping) or the forehead (neural lace). I have thought of the beast as AI for awhile because power is given to him to both speak and perform miracles.

Revelation 13:15-16

15 And he had power to give life unto the image of the beast, that the image of the beast should both speak, and cause that as many as would not worship the image of the beast should be killed.

16 And he causeth all, both small and great, rich and poor, free and bond, to receive a mark in their right hand, or in their foreheads:

brianj
captain of 1,000

Post by brianj »

Michelle wrote: August 7th, 2017, 8:58 pm I think it is interesting that the mark of the beast can be in the hand (micro chipping) or the forehead (neural lace). I have thought of the beast as AI for awhile because power is given to him to both speak and perform miracles.

Revelation 13:15-16

15 And he had power to give life unto the image of the beast, that the image of the beast should both speak, and cause that as many as would not worship the image of the beast should be killed.

16 And he causeth all, both small and great, rich and poor, free and bond, to receive a mark in their right hand, or in their foreheads:
I recall an experience I once had in a courtroom. A defendant was brought in, wearing orange and handcuffed, and seated in the back of the jury box - as far from everyone else in the courtroom as possible. The experience will be forever seared into my mind because it genuinely appeared that there was an absence of light around this person. The room genuinely appeared darker in his vicinity.

I don't intend to get any implants for reasons of convenience, but in the absence of guidance from our leaders or evidence of an oath being administered when the devices are inserted I will concern myself with how I mark myself through my choices and actions.