Muslim not entirely wrong here.

For discussion of liberty, freedom, government and politics.
Fiannan
Level 34 Illuminated

Muslim not entirely wrong here.

Post by Fiannan »

Of course from the LDS polygamists I have seen on reality shows and in documentaries they seem way more healthy and fit than your average western man. Maybe there is another alternative possible for Australian women?

Elizabeth
Level 34 Illuminated

Re: Muslim not entirely wrong here.

Post by Elizabeth »

The last thing Australian women need is a Muslim... the worst thing that has happened to our country is allowing them entry!

See comments from ROBERT SPENCER of Jihad Watch:
https://www.jihadwatch.org/2017/07/anti ... are-bigots

Dave62
destroyer of hopes & dreams

Post by Dave62 »

Elizabeth, my personal "jury" is still out on Islam. I have more questions than answers. Is Islam good at the core but corrupt at the edges, like Christianity? Or, is it corrupt at the core but good at the edges, like Germany in the 1930's? When I do some simple research on the references provided on anti-Islamic webpages, they usually come up blank; especially references in the Quran. So what gives there? Have middle eastern cesspits like Saudi Arabia and Iran appropriated Islam for their own grubby political hegemony? Is Islam the cause of the corruption of corrupt regimes? Which way does it go?

Then, When I spend time at the mosque down the road and ask questions of the Imam there, I come away thinking that the main body of Islam has lapsed into apostacy and is need of a restoration!!!

The only way I can resolve this in my mind is the following:
1. There are over 70 denominations in Islam of which Bahai and Ahmaddiya are my prefered sects.
2. We need to be careful that we don't stereotype Islam and Muslims. For example, imagine non-Christians considering the Westboro Baptist Church or even the Catholic Church as being representative of all Christians!
3. I stay away from the minority grievance politics of the regressive "left", and treat all that they say with suspicion.
4. Likewise, I am suspicious of the dodgy pseudo-academics of the oppressive "right". (sources, sources, sources, I've read much of the Quran and a lot of the references are dodgy at best)
5. Muslims are "Lamanites", so we need to be careful of our behaviour as "Nephites". Are we "enemy centred" or "God centred" as Kimball once asked?

Lastly, please don't think I'm an apologist for Islam. I think they need to lift their game. I mean, if there was a bunch of Mormons doing these things, I'd be the first to call for them to be hung up on our chapel spires by their, well I wont say here! :-??

Dave62

Post by Dave62 »

But I do think that Mahomed bloke is a tosser and he needs to swim back where he came from. Aren't you glad we live on an island?!

Dave62

Post by Dave62 »

Have a look at this article. These are the Ahmaddis. If you could ever declare an "LDS equivalent" in Islam it would be these people. https://www.unilad.co.uk/news/over-3000 ... s-weekend/

To quote their Prophet/Leader, "The only thing the terrorists are achieving is to completely violate the teachings of the Holy Quran and of the Holy Prophet Muhammad. Let it be clear that they are not practising Islam, rather it seems as though they have invented their own hate-filled and poisonous religion."

gkearney
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by gkearney »

The Baha'i are not Muslims. They have their origins in the the Muslim tradition just as we Latter-day Saint do to low church protestantism. But such historical connections do not define either us or them to those traditions.

Lizzy60
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Lizzy60 »

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/world-news ... y-10898165

Polygamy may not be a good solution.

Silver
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Silver »

Dave62 wrote: August 1st, 2017, 5:54 am Elizabeth, my personal "jury" is still out on Islam. I have more questions than answers. Is Islam good at the core but corrupt at the edges, like Christianity? Or, is it corrupt at the core but good at the edges, like Germany in the 1930's? When I do some simple research on the references provided on anti-Islamic webpages, they usually come up blank; especially references in the Quran. So what gives there? Have middle eastern cesspits like Saudi Arabia and Iran appropriated Islam for their own grubby political hegemony? Is Islam the cause of the corruption of corrupt regimes? Which way does it go?

Then, When I spend time at the mosque down the road and ask questions of the Imam there, I come away thinking that the main body of Islam has lapsed into apostacy and is need of a restoration!!!

The only way I can resolve this in my mind is the following:
1. There are over 70 denominations in Islam of which Bahai and Ahmaddiya are my prefered sects.
2. We need to be careful that we don't stereotype Islam and Muslims. For example, imagine non-Christians considering the Westboro Baptist Church or even the Catholic Church as being representative of all Christians!
3. I stay away from the minority grievance politics of the regressive "left", and treat all that they say with suspicion.
4. Likewise, I am suspicious of the dodgy pseudo-academics of the oppressive "right". (sources, sources, sources, I've read much of the Quran and a lot of the references are dodgy at best)
5. Muslims are "Lamanites", so we need to be careful of our behaviour as "Nephites". Are we "enemy centred" or "God centred" as Kimball once asked?

Lastly, please don't think I'm an apologist for Islam. I think they need to lift their game. I mean, if there was a bunch of Mormons doing these things, I'd be the first to call for them to be hung up on our chapel spires by their, well I wont say here! :-??
Wow, that was a breath of fresh air.

MMbelieve
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by MMbelieve »

Lizzy60 wrote: August 1st, 2017, 6:26 am http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/world-news ... y-10898165

Polygamy may not be a good solution.
No, it certainly isint. Polygamy definately narrows the gene pool. It may work for the first wave of kids but after that we would then need to arrange who those kids marry to prevent problems and then if we allow then polygamy also, it gets tricky very quickly.

Polygamy is not a solution. The solution is people being righteous and healthy with natural affection and pairing off as couples. We don't need to import a bunch of Muslim men as seed bearers, they will force their religion. They are not offering their service for free, you would have to sell your soul and the souls of your children to them.

If men are going infertile, then we need to look at why and fix it. If it's environment, then the problem will catch up to any new bodies added to the mix. And I know that women are less fertile as well these days. And just look at the rates of autism...obviously there is a bigger problem going on with our bodies and our environment.
Less than 10 years time 1 in 2 children born will have autism. And the muslim population is affected too. The Somali people in MN have a higher prevelance of autism then the white people there do, and so they have refused vaccinations because of the problem.

Instead of giving foreign men the right to our wives, why don't we learn to take care of ourselves. Ban all the chemicals and crap everywhere and demand clean food and water. (Live the word of wisdom) And demand a pro family society. But....these things aren't happening so it's the way it is for a reason.

Sirocco
Praise Me!

Post by Sirocco »

The only thing Muslim men can offer is domestic abuse and a poison ideology.
I have zero kind words about their religion or any of its members.

Silver
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Silver »

Sirocco wrote: August 1st, 2017, 8:07 am The only thing Muslim men can offer is domestic abuse and a poison ideology.
While so-called Christians bomb their hospitals and drone their wedding parties.

Sirocco
Praise Me!

Post by Sirocco »

Silver wrote: August 1st, 2017, 8:08 am
Sirocco wrote: August 1st, 2017, 8:07 am The only thing Muslim men can offer is domestic abuse and a poison ideology.
While so-called Christians bomb their hospitals and drone their wedding parties.
And they gang rape women in Europe and murder children with trucks, and had before that and will long after that.
Christianity by and large is peaceful, Islam is not.

Silver
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Silver »

Sirocco wrote: August 1st, 2017, 8:14 am
And they gang rape women in Europe and murder children with trucks, and had before that and will long after that.
I will note you down as another person on LDSFF who likes to ignore President Kimball's warning about being a warlike people.

iWriteStuff
blithering blabbermouth

Post by iWriteStuff »

Silver wrote: August 1st, 2017, 8:18 am
I will note you down as another person on LDSFF who likes to ignore President Kimball's warning about being a warlike people.
And a Canadian to boot! :p

gclayjr
captain of 1,000

Post by gclayjr »

Dave63,
I too have read most of the Quran. I suppose that since you have read the Quran, you will know that simply read "stand alone", it is mostly incoherent. It is generally organized from longest Chapter (Surah) to shortest chapter. So it is neither coherent in a sequential way, or in a topical way. When you read the Quran (in English) you will find large segments in parenthesis. This is because that which is actually written the Quran, even in Arabic, does not even form valid sentences. Many Muslims who do not understand a word of ancient Arabic have memorized, lage segments of the Quran, without understanding a single word they recite.

This is why, even though the Quran claims to be clear

Surah 11:1
Alif, Lam, Ra. [This is] a Book whose verses are perfected and then presented in detail from [one who is] Wise and Acquainted
(Note some translations use brackets instead of parenthesis for translators o insert their own words)

Muslims rely even more heavily on Hadith and Sunnah, or books written to connect the Quran with either the sayings of Mohammedan or the context in his life, to provide an explanation of what this incoherent document means. However, while there are several denominations of Muslims, they all agree that between, the Quran, Hadith, Sunnah all is stated and that all has been clarified, and they cannot be reinterpreted.

Also while there are many different sects the bulk of them are either Shia, or Sunni, and both strongly believe that the infidel (those of us who are not Muslims) must be presented with only 3 options Convert, Accept protection (Dhimmi), or die.

The term Fundamentalist means one who strictly interprets their scriptures and history to guide them in their living.

There is a great difference between being a "fundamentalist" Christian (Peaceful) and a fundamentalist Muslim (Brutal, and vicious).

Regards,

George Clay
Last edited by gclayjr on August 1st, 2017, 9:11 am, edited 1 time in total.

Silver
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Silver »

iWriteStuff wrote: August 1st, 2017, 8:24 am
Silver wrote: August 1st, 2017, 8:18 am

And a Canadian to boot! :p
Lucky for him, if he so deigns, President Kimball and his successors are presidents for all the world.

Fiannan
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Fiannan »

Every Middle Eastern person I have talked to believe that it is the Jews who control the USA and thus they blame Jews, not Christians.

MMbelieve
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by MMbelieve »

Fiannan wrote: August 1st, 2017, 10:25 am
Every Middle Eastern person I have talked to believe that it is the Jews who control the USA and thus they blame Jews, not Christians.
I can see the truth of this.
Is America considered the big satan or the little satan? If the big, is it just because we have more power or are a bigger nation?

Fiannan
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Fiannan »

MMbelieve wrote: August 1st, 2017, 12:12 pm
I can see the truth of this.
Is America considered the big satan or the little satan? If the big, is it just because we have more power or are a bigger nation?
In this Iraqi parody I think the cowboy represents the USA, Satan is easy to spot, the women Satan has a baby with is Israel and the baby that hatches out is ISIS. No idea who The Joker guy is unless he is Europe.

David13
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by David13 »

Yes, hatred of the Jews, and consequent false accusations are quite common manifestations of a form of racism or prejudice that ignorant people throughout the world harbor.

dc