GIRLFRIEND KIDNAPPED/HELD-HOSTAGE (NEED HELP!!!!)

For discussion of liberty, freedom, government and politics.
broadcaster
Hi, I'm new.

GIRLFRIEND KIDNAPPED/HELD-HOSTAGE (NEED HELP!!!!)

Post by broadcaster »

I NEED YOUR HELP!!:

To cut things short, my girlfriend is being held hostage (along with others). My options of contacting police is extremely limited or has been exhausted (to the best of my understanding). The hostage taker has convinced my girlfriend to convince police (while holding others hostage) that I am just crazy and that she is OK.

I came up with an idea.

Are there powers that can be given to me (by the Bishop, etc, God, etc) to be able to read the hostage takers thoughts? And my girlfriend's thoughts? And be able to make other's thoughts accessible or to be able to communicate with other's mentally (such as police)? I barely know anything at all about this sort of stuff. I just became a Mormon about 2 years ago.

I called my bishop about the matter and, mostly from the sound of it, he sounded scared about addressing the situation. I can't blame him. I am supposed to get prayer help from others in the church... but, you know, prayers are what I need...but... WHY BE LAZY WITH JUST PRAYERS??!! I'm seeking for solutions and I am checking this board for these answers.

So, what powers could I have access to (besides prayers, God, Jesus and the Holy Spirit) that I can use in some sort of strategy? I was thinking that if I could read my girlfriend's mind and the hostage takers, I could take care of this myself or it can aid me in a resolution (with authorities or not). I've been needing this for the past 5 weeks.

Sweety D
captain of 10

Re: GIRLFRIEND KIDNAPPED/HELD-HOSTAGE (NEED HELP!!!!)

Post by Sweety D »

I don't understand. Is this is a serious question? While I am doubtful, some details on the situation would be helpful.

Ezra
captain of 1,000

Post by Ezra »

There other fish in the sea.

Fiannan
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Fiannan »

Unless your bishop is a member of the Illuminati...

Gage
captain of 100

Post by Gage »

Maybe you should talk with someone that might can help read your mind and see what exactly is going on in there.

BringerOfJoy
captain of 100

Post by BringerOfJoy »

Interesting 1st post.

iWriteStuff
blithering blabbermouth

Post by iWriteStuff »

I hear the best revenge on someone who has stolen your girlfriend is to let them keep her.

Elizabeth
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Elizabeth »

Only law enforcement can assist in such matters.

Our thoughts are private, that is one of the basics of our mortal trial on this earth.

brlenox
A sheep in wolf in sheep's clothing

Post by brlenox »

broadcaster wrote: July 21st, 2017, 3:08 pm I NEED YOUR HELP!!:

To cut things short, my girlfriend is being held hostage (along with others). My options of contacting police is extremely limited or has been exhausted (to the best of my understanding). The hostage taker has convinced my girlfriend to convince police (while holding others hostage) that I am just crazy and that she is OK.

I came up with an idea.

Are there powers that can be given to me (by the Bishop, etc, God, etc) to be able to read the hostage takers thoughts? And my girlfriend's thoughts? And be able to make other's thoughts accessible or to be able to communicate with other's mentally (such as police)? I barely know anything at all about this sort of stuff. I just became a Mormon about 2 years ago.

I called my bishop about the matter and, mostly from the sound of it, he sounded scared about addressing the situation. I can't blame him. I am supposed to get prayer help from others in the church... but, you know, prayers are what I need...but... WHY BE LAZY WITH JUST PRAYERS??!! I'm seeking for solutions and I am checking this board for these answers.

So, what powers could I have access to (besides prayers, God, Jesus and the Holy Spirit) that I can use in some sort of strategy? I was thinking that if I could read my girlfriend's mind and the hostage takers, I could take care of this myself or it can aid me in a resolution (with authorities or not). I've been needing this for the past 5 weeks.
In the event you are serious and this is an actual situation, I would give this counsel. You have describe a solution that is according to the limitations of your understandings and you are now shopping them around as if by getting a consensus God will give you what you think is the solution - to read minds etc. You indicate that you called your Bishop concerning this situation so I am wondering why if you had a live one on the phone, you didn't ask him concerning acquiring these "powers"? Your ambition is due to the fact that you want to force this issue to your perception of an appropriate conclusion and it does not work that way. Seeking legal assistance in a case such as this is appropriate. Prayer, soliciting others prayers, perhaps fasting are excellent tools. They are neither weak or inadequate tools when wielded by those with faith.

It is hard to believe that you are serious...but this is LDSFF and it does attract some interesting characters, so I don't want to judge too quickly.

Onsdag
captain of 100

Post by Onsdag »

broadcaster wrote: July 21st, 2017, 3:08 pm I NEED YOUR HELP!!:

I came up with an idea.

How do you know she has been kidnapped and is being held hostage?
Have you spoken to her directly?

I ask because there has been a popular kidnapping scam going around of late. See for example:

https://www.ksl.com/?sid=41137995&nid=148
https://www.ksl.com/?sid=43767940&nid=148
http://www.cbsnews.com/news/fbi-warns-o ... dnappings/
http://www.syracuse.com/crime/index.ssf ... acuse.html

etc., etc., etc. Just do a search for kidnapping scam and you'll find plenty more information on it.