LDSs in Action for the US Constitution

For discussion of liberty, freedom, government and politics.
lundbaek
Level 34 Illuminated

LDSs in Action for the US Constitution

Post by lundbaek »

A friend of mine has set about to collect stories  from various individuals about their personal efforts to help save and restore the U.S. Constitution.   These are some of the inspiring replies he has received.   I chose these stories to share because I am personally acquainted with each of these people.
__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
"I'm reaching out as far as I can to assemble the stories of people actively involved in trying to save the Constitution. Returns so far have ranged from voting for the right person, to writing blogs, to setting up schools, to going on FOX News, and more.

"May I please invite you to share your story of what you're doing to save the Constitution? 

"My goal is to give people ideas on what they can do more than just vote their conscience, or sit around in frustration and do nothing.

"The final assembly of experiences will go into print as a small book, as a brief narrated YouTube presentation, or as an online blurb---it all depends on how many contributors I can find. I'll send a PDF or link to the final product to everyone who wants to contribute. "
_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
"I've always been interested in the Constitution and freedom, and when my neighbors asked if I'd give a talk on our founding documents, I put together a little presentation. I taught them about the Constitution's structure and content, its history, and its application to current events. I even gave them some handouts I made. I spoke about 30 minutes and they loved it! I was asked by others to repeat the presentation, and before I knew it, I was giving my little talk about 50 times a year. I've even been asked to share my presentation at women's political gatherings, and I went on radio a few times. I had no idea there was such a thirst for this wonderful information."
_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

My appreciation of the United States Constitution began when I read a book written by Gary Allen in 1972, titled “ None Dare Call it Conspiracy”. Gary explained how the Rockefeller family was very active in promoting communism in the world and in the United States, to bring about world domination under totalitarian Government. I bought a few hundred books to give them to everyone I knew. The information in Gary Allen’s book helped me to see the progress being made by the Rockefeller family as our federal government grabbed more and more control of individual citizen’s lives. In 2010 I ran for the Utah US Senate seat against Bob Bennett. I also read the book by Cleon Skousen titled “ The 5000 Year Leap which gave me a very great appreciation for our US Constitution and the marvelous government that it brought into existence. The next thing I learned was in approximately 115 years our US Constitutional Government went from a tiny presence in the world to the most prosperous and freest nation the world has ever known. The value of the God given Constitution set up by our founding fathers was and is incomprehensible in greatness. During the 2010 senate race I purchased 3000 copies of the 5000 year leap and we gave them out to every person that wanted a copy. I was convinced that if people had the information in the 5000 Year Leap they would become better citizens.
In 2012 I ran for the Congress against Rob Bishop and gave out a few thousand books about constitutional government. In 2015 I started a company named “All about Freedom” to edit 370 out of print books used by our Founding Fathers to get their education about good government. That process has taken 11 people working for two years to complete. The website software is very close to completion now and should be going on line before the 1st of September this year. There will be some more recent books on the same subject included in the All About Freedom Library.

Over the past 10 years, I have made it my life's work to do whatever I can to learn about and to fight for our inspired constitution and for freedom. I've become a student of great men like Ezra Taft Benson and Dr. Cleon Skousen. After teaching high school history, government, and economics for 8 years, I went to law school at BYU to learn more. Today I am working on 2 huge projects that I believe will be instrumental in saving our constitution. The first is educating our youth through the Glenn J. Kimber Academy. I have teamed up with Dr. Kimber to bring this amazing school to Payson, UT. I feel strongly that the youth are key to our efforts to save the Constitution. Additionally, I have teamed up with a group of freedom fighters to teach people about financial freedom. We help people get out of bondage by getting out of debt, making more money, and paying less in taxes. To me, one of the greatest threats to our freedom is our unconstitutional Federal Reserve. People need to understand what it is and how it is destroying our country. I strongly believe that the constitution will be saved and restored by educating the people. 

For what it's worth, I'm convinced that all of us can play a part in the Constitution Issue.  All of us have been given differing talents and those talents can be put to use in a myriad of ways.  Most of us have some stories to tell about unique ways we've found to motivate and educate others.  My books and seminars, I feel, have been instrumental in bringing many to a knowledge of our Constitutional crisis.
Several years ago I attempted to get involved in state political efforts.  Unfortunately, I found that state machinery was difficult to influence and there was little that I could do change direction.  About five years ago, I came to the realization that the local level was the place of most influence.  There are certainly detractors on that level, but generally they are lone voices and can be met head-on without political intrigue.  I became the mayor of our small town and, in that position, have been able to work with city agendas and people.  As such, we have been able to weigh programs against Constitutional principles and fiscal responsibility. 

"We established Kimber Academy in 19XX to help raise a generation of Americans as fully steeped in the religion-based roots of America as was the country's Founding Generation. Our template is to structure the teaching of every school subject in terms of these founding principles and beliefs. The feedback has been tremendous. Parents love this approach. We've organized XX schools across the U.S., but more importantly, we've helped hundreds more use our template to start their own schools. It's a long-term investment of love and labor, but a very satisfying journey to help build good citizens to save our culture, save our country, and save our Constitution."

I have actively supported candidates for elected offices who clearly understood and supported the principles of the U.S. Constitution in the tradition of the Founding Fathers as it was meant to be  understood; such candidates as Ron Paul, Chuck Baldwin, Dale Christensen, Scott Bradley, Joe Fabiano, Darrell Castle, newly elected Arizona Rep. Andy Biggs, and even myself when I was an independent write-in candidate for the U.S. "House" in 2008.   Since the turn of the century I have been active in the John Birch Society, the Arizona and Maricopa County Constitution Parties, and the Constitution in the Classroom program, and two local tea parties while they lasted.   I have twice led out in organizing booths/displays for the JBS and the Constitution Party at the 17 September Constitution Day celebration in Gilbert, AZ, and I'm at that again this year.   I'm just sorry I cannot do more. 

lundbaek
Level 34 Illuminated

Re: LDSs in Action for the US Constitution

Post by lundbaek »

Forum members please feel free to chime in. I'll add to this compilation from time to time. The following comes from a member of our stake who has done some great firesides on secret combinations, in additions to what he has written here.

My “awakening” to the political and spiritual importance of freedom came as I learned from a patriot named Louis E. Stradling, who taught a 36-hour course on the US Constitution. He also expounded on liberty and agency directly from the Book of Mormon.  Since then, my journey has included 20 years as a police officer, protecting the rights of the citizens of Mesa Arizona.  After that, I taught American History and Economics for fifteen years at Heritage Academy in Mesa AZ.  Additionally, currently I occasionally teach an all-day Saturday seminar on the Constitution for the National Center for Constitutional Studies (NCCS.net), and serve as the Executive VP and Legislative Liaison for the Constitutional Sheriffs and Peace Officers Association (cspoa.org). 
I would love to purchase a copy of the compilation.

lundbaek
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by lundbaek »

From an LDS lady who Immigrated with her husband and 3 kids from Denmark to the USA. This was written last year.

"[T}he book that teaches me the most is of course the book of Mormon.  [O}ur Sunday school just finished the war chapters in Alma. They were a real drag when I studied them back in seminary in the 1980s. Now, they are golden. - Written for our day – it is obvious. Everything in them screams: Defend your liberty! And I mean to do just that. For starters, I have made sure my children attend a school where they are not taught revisionist history, and where I am sure they will learn how to understand the principles in the Constitution. Their generation and mine will be the ones to “hold the Constitution by a thread”, as prophesied by Joseph Smith. We will preserve it, study it, uphold it, and bring it forward in the next generations until the Millenium."

lundbaek
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by lundbaek »

On another thread FFA asks "where are the elders going to come from that are to save the Founding documents?" It will be people like those who wrote the above stories who will save the Constitution. And I think there are a few members of this forum who are prepared already to help.

gardener4life
captain of 1,000

Post by gardener4life »

Sometimes you need something to compare with...so here's something to compare.

You know I've been fascinated by the history of Britain and how there were at one time several different languages were going on even fairly recently. But before the Romans came to the island, they first discovered how rich the natural resources were and what a good place it was. They also saw that the people there didn't take the threat of invasion and defense seriously. If you read the story of Britain there is actual Roman accounts written in some books about how they took the island from the original tribes and literally TERRORIZED the people, breaking all their promises and agreements to keep the people free (story of Boudica, but not the only remaining account). Who knows how many different cultures and languages were absorbed and wiped out by the Romans. (There were thought to be dozens of them.)

Also when the Romans left it was completely lawless. Invaders saw that the island was left weak and lacked unified spirit. The natives of Britain were being pushed out by Saxon invaders, who practiced slavery and were viciously brutal. It was so bad that some of them left the island and went to the northwest peninsula in France. Very few people stood up to invaders in either era. The idea of the time was we don't need God and we don't want to defend our country, we'll let someone else do it. Historically the accounts point to these two concepts being their downfall, both from the Saxons and the Romans. The Saxons were brought to the island at first as hired mercenaries when the Romans were leaving that were supposed to protect them and ended up pillaging them relentlessly. It was this concept that they thought would save them so that they didn't have to get their hands dirty fighting themselves.

War and bloodshed never really stopped in either era until hundreds of years later. The saxon invaders were every few years in waves for over two hundred years, then there were others. You also read that they tried to translate the Bible several times with almost no success. Every time someone would get anything done war and raids would hinder their progress, partly because the best places to raid were the places the monks lived.

So why include this in action for the LDS Constitution?

1) People have to be willing to defend their country if they want to remain not just a free people but keep their identity. Identity is lost when freedom is lost. a) When freedom is lost, religion and following God become many times more difficult.
2) We need to be willing to be humble and repentant enough to pray to God for help and have his blessings. a) We need to not be ashamed anymore of praying publicly and with others outside our homes.
3) Lack of unity sufficient enough to repel invaders, invites them to come!!!
4) Protect the right to bear arms, so that free speech is protected. And free speech can't be protected if you can take away someone's livelihood for using free speech when their intentions are good towards the people.
5) Disconnect between grass roots citizens being able to have say in their government and follow through of campaign promises, and holding politicians and JUDICIAL branch of the government especially accountable! We also need significant reform regarding Judicial overreach and change things so that the law represents people and not only money.

Do we want someone to rule over us like when Romans conquered the native Bretons?

We also need to make the transition back to an economy that not just supports freedom, but keeps jobs local and supports local people over foreign governments. (We're working on that but if people don't follow through on it, it won't stick.)

Also above I think you should take out the posts that are obviously promoting their business...I won't mention their name for now.

PS our judicial system is a mess. The overreach can be seen every month. We need better accountability and access to getting rid of corrupt lawyers and judges. This has yet to be addressed and is all over in the Book of Mormon from Moroni foreseeing what will bring our country down, just like it did his.

lundbaek
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by lundbaek »

My purpose in establishing this thread is to show what various LDS people are doing to help save and restore the U.S. Constitution. I am not soliciting opinions on what should or should not be done. There is plenty enuf of that on this forum. I am interested in showing what people are doing. Thus far I am personally well acquainted with each of the contributors of the above stories. They are sincere in their efforts, and not trying to promote their businesses with what they have written.

lundbaek
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by lundbaek »

“Not having outstanding talents, I have stood for the Constitution by supporting constitutional  candidates.  Over the years I have made phone calls, passed out flyers in neighborhoods, put signs in our lawn, signed petitions, gotten signatures for referendums, participated in “Honk and Wave” activities for a candidate, donated to campaigns, passed on information to those on my e-mail address list, attended a few city council meetings and have spoken for a cause.  Also, I have written many letters to: editors, the governor, state and federal legislators, mayors and city councilmen, the President, and attended town halls, and voted in every election for the person who upholds the Constitution, and I have spoken out for candidates, Constitutional principles, and good legislative bills, and gone to the Utah legislature, to write and pass notes to the legislators.  Also, I have donated to groups who support the Constitution, such as the NRA, Eagle Forum, Tea Party, Hillsdale College, and other groups.”

lundbaek
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by lundbaek »

”A small group of LDS friends had been asking me a lot of questions about current events. Rather than continue to focus on the effects of an ignored Constitution, I zeroed in on our responsibility to learn and uphold its principles. This led to several presentations using scripture, and what our past and present church leaders have had to say about the it. This eventually morphed into a two year deep study on our Constitution, what its intent was, and the principles the founding fathers of this country had based their efforts on. This has led not only to non LDS learning about this aspect of our faith, but to active LDS discovering truths they had never realized. It has become an uplifting event as we continue our studies, while expanding our new friendships forged in our love of liberty." 

lundbaek
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by lundbaek »

"Living in Norway the Constitution of The United States isn't something we are very familiar with through our daily living and in the community. I'm planning to make the principles of the Constitution and its link to the gospel a theme in family home evening (or more specific in several family home evenings. So I was wondering if any of you good folks had some good resources for teaching about the Constitution to kids from 10 to 14 years?."

"I had the first lesson on Monday and I think it went well. We covered the three basic principles of freedom and their relation to the Constitution as well as to the spirit world. We also looked at how the US government is divided into branches and why it is so."

lundbaek
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by lundbaek »

"I am disheartened at times when speaking to people who claim they could care less about what form of Government we have, as if one is as good as another.  I'ts as though history  has no lessons to teach us!?.... For over 20 years I have used my time as a Talk Show Host on the radio  to try to define and explain the Constitution, whenever I had an opportunity to do so, and I invited numerous politicians, lecturers and writers to  speak on the subject to put added emphasis on the greatest Government document ever given by God to a God-fearing righteous nation. I have also incorporated the teachings contained in the Constitution into my gospel doctrine lessons, which I also gave live over the air,  hoping that more people would understand that it's conception and enlightenment came from our Lord."

lundbaek
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by lundbaek »

"Shirley Whitlock was a super patriot and wrote many letters to the editors and gave her presentations to many thousands of people especially to Stake fireside's and Relief societies.  She would now and then be criticised  by church members for her anti ERA remarks and her knowledge of the Founding Fathers. She sent some of her letters and lecture remarks to Elder Gordon B. Hinkley. We have his response to her. It said," You write very well and make your points very clear as to your knowledge of the Constitution and beliefs of the founders. I suggest that you continue and ignore the critical  remarks by ill informed members."
Sincerely, Your Brother   Elder Gordon B. Hinkley.

"Shirley left this frail existence  in January of 2017 and we are sure that she is visiting President Hinkley, Thomas Jefferson and other great patriots in the Spirit world."

Written by her husband, Wayne Whitlock