evangelical leaders laid their hands on Donald Trump's back as they prayed over him in the Oval on Monday

For discussion of liberty, freedom, government and politics.
Tree
captain of 100

evangelical leaders laid their hands on Donald Trump's back as they prayed over him in the Oval on Monday

Post by Tree »

Praying for the President: Evangelical pastor shares image of prayer circle laying their hands on Donald Trump's back in the Oval Office

President Donald Trump hosted prayer circle in the Oval Office on Monday
Televangelist pastor Rodney Howard-Browne shared image of it on Facebook
It shows people laying their hands on President Trump's back as they prayed
Mr Howard-Browne called the moment 'surreal' and 'humbling'
Johnnie Moore, who was also at the meeting, said Trump was in 'good spirits'
'He was as strong and focused as I have ever seen him. It was as if he was entirely above the fray,' Moore added

By Chris Pleasance for MailOnline

Published: 05:01 EDT, 12 July 2017 | Updated: 11:58 EDT, 12 July 2017
This is the moment evangelical leaders laid their hands on Donald Trump's back as they prayed over him in the Oval Office.

Evangelical pastor Rodney Howard-Browne led a prayer circle alongside his wife Adonica in the White House and then shared the image on Facebook.

President Trump and Vice President Mike Pence can be seen closing their eyes and bowing their heads in the solemn moment.

The group were invited to pray with Trump during a meeting with members of The Office of Public Liaison.

Others pictured included Jack Graham, the pastor of Prestonwood Baptist Church in Plano, Texas, and Michele Bachmann, the former Republican congresswoman from Minnesota.

Continues Here: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... ffice.html

Silver
Level 34 Illuminated

Re: evangelical leaders laid their hands on Donald Trump's back as they prayed over him in the Oval on Monday

Post by Silver »

From the article:
"But not everyone was convinced by the show of faith. Kenneth Averell said: 'Lord help us all. How anyone sees Trump as the savior of the evangelicals is beyond me.
'Doesn't have a Christian bone in his body. Doesn't attend church. Multiple divorces. Adultery. Literally about every single commandment he's broken.
'We're all sinners, but c'mon, the evangelical right is choosing this guy to lead their 'spiritual awakening'?'"

Is that Pence in the upper left corner of the picture below? Wonder what he's praying for.
i love grapes.jpg
i love grapes.jpg (68.13 KiB) Viewed 545 times

Robin Hood
Level 34 Illuminated

Re: evangelical leaders laid their hands on Donald Trump's back as they prayed over him in the Oval on Monday

Post by Robin Hood »

Sounds like a bit of a back-slapping session.

I hope Trump is sincere, but I have concerns.
Time will tell.

Sunain
captain of 1,000

Post by Sunain »

At least there was a prayer in the Oval Office still and that God is recognized. Regardless of Trump's intentions, during that prayer, he acknowledged that he was just the President of the United States and that God is the ruler of the land. One thing Trump has going for him that Obama (Hillary/Sanders) don't is he recognizes that there is a God and that He can affect the United States and promised land directly.
Silver wrote: July 14th, 2017, 10:42 am From the article:
"But not everyone was convinced by the show of faith. Kenneth Averell said: 'Lord help us all. How anyone sees Trump as the savior of the evangelicals is beyond me.
'Doesn't have a Christian bone in his body. Doesn't attend church. Multiple divorces. Adultery. Literally about every single commandment he's broken.
'We're all sinners, but c'mon, the evangelical right is choosing this guy to lead their 'spiritual awakening'?'"
They keep criticizing Trump that he's an adulterer, but didn't Christ already address that issue during His mortal ministry?! Regardless of how many sins a person commits, 70 x 7, or more, we are all guaranteed the redeeming power of the atonement.

Silver
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Silver »

Sunain wrote: July 14th, 2017, 11:08 am At least there was a prayer in the Oval Office still and that God is recognized. Regardless of Trump's intentions, during that prayer, he acknowledged that he was just the President of the United States and that God is the ruler of the land. One thing Trump has going for him that Obama (Hillary/Sanders) don't is he recognizes that there is a God and that He can affect the United States and promised land directly.
Silver wrote: July 14th, 2017, 10:42 am From the article:
They keep criticizing Trump that he's an adulterer, but didn't Christ already address that issue during His mortal ministry?! Regardless of how many sins a person commits, 70 x 7, or more, we are all guaranteed the redeeming power of the atonement.
Count the number of times Trump refers to himself in the quote below. Ask yourself if you've ever called the holy emblems of the sacrament "my little water" or "my little bread". Why make excuses for the man? We're all sinners, but why accept the lesser of two evils for President?

People are so shocked when they find … out I am Protestant. I am Presbyterian. And I go to church and I love God and I love my church,” he said.
Moderator Frank Luntz asked Trump whether he has ever asked God for forgiveness for his actions.

“I am not sure I have. I just go on and try to do a better job from there. I don’t think so,” he said. “I think if I do something wrong, I think, I just try and make it right. I don’t bring God into that picture. I don’t.”

Trump said that while he hasn’t asked God for forgiveness, he does participate in Holy Communion. “When I drink my little wine — which is about the only wine I drink — and have my little cracker, I guess that is a form of asking for forgiveness, and I do that as often as possible because I feel cleansed,” he said. “I think in terms of ‘let’s go on and let’s make it right.'”

Elizabeth
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Elizabeth »

He is a Christian doing his best. :)
Sunain wrote: July 14th, 2017, 11:08 am At least there was a prayer in the Oval Office still and that God is recognized. Regardless of Trump's intentions, during that prayer, he acknowledged that he was just the President of the United States and that God is the ruler of the land. One thing Trump has going for him that Obama (Hillary/Sanders) don't is he recognizes that there is a God and that He can affect the United States and promised land directly.

eddie
captain of 1,000

Post by eddie »

It doesn't matter what Pres Trump does, the haters hate. Repent sinners! 😇