Can the Church survive growing LDS feminism?

For discussion of liberty, freedom, government and politics.
Fiannan
Level 34 Illuminated

Re: Can the Church survive growing LDS feminism?

Post by Fiannan »

Do women always have the right to reproduce? Cause they are the other 50% contributing to the offspring. If a man can be disqualified to you to have the right to procreate, then a woman must also.
Overall lesbian couples have the best kids socially and in regards to academic achievement? Now why is that? Of course the people who side with nurture over nature will say that if you have two nurturing women who really wanted their babies (no accidental pregnancies with lesbians) then that must be it. They generally ignore the fact that these women usually go to sperm banks to get pregnant. This reproductive option tends to screen out men with any questionable mental or physical issues and puts a premium on intelligence.

So as more and more women (including LDS) find themselves turning to sperm banks then we can predict this will bump the quality of children up, even if we assume the women are average in all aspects. I actually have speculated this is the NWO plan for the future where women will form modified polygamist arrangements.

Gage
captain of 100

Post by Gage »

Fiannan wrote: July 13th, 2017, 10:42 am
Do women always have the right to reproduce? Cause they are the other 50% contributing to the offspring. If a man can be disqualified to you to have the right to procreate, then a woman must also.
Overall lesbian couples have the best kids socially and in regards to academic achievement? Now why is that? Of course the people who side with nurture over nature will say that if you have two nurturing women who really wanted their babies (no accidental pregnancies with lesbians) then that must be it. They generally ignore the fact that these women usually go to sperm banks to get pregnant. This reproductive option tends to screen out men with any questionable mental or physical issues and puts a premium on intelligence.

So as more and more women (including LDS) find themselves turning to sperm banks then we can predict this will bump the quality of children up, even if we assume the women are average in all aspects. I actually have speculated this is the NWO plan for the future where women will form modified polygamist arrangements.

Where is this happening? Where are all these single LDS Feminist women that go to sperm banks? The only single females I see are recently divorced and actively seeking a new mate.

Fiannan
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Fiannan »

And in my opinion, female students are probably not normally interested in a sexual relationship with a 50 to 60 year old man. Why can't men of older age nurture and father in the younger men and teach them how to be good men instead of think that 20 to 30 year old girls have any where near the sexual reciprocity that an old man does, most of these women have never had sex before even once. For an old guy to look at someone that young and inexperienced as a possible help meet are more like predators, because young women don't think of men sexually, they see men as fathers. And so women will hold on to that emotional connection for a long time, especially because teachers are very kind, smart, and caring. They do not think that the professor has any sexual attraction to them and if they knew they would be grossed out. Old men should be wise enough to know this.
Say what? I merely was saying that income is not always the determining factor in attraction; quite often intelligence is. I see a lot of this in the artistic community. Men who are painters, writers or musicians often have girlfriends more than half their age. And many of these men are not very well off. I even see old hippie guys with several female "groupies" who hang onto the guy's word but, sadly, even though they would marry him if given the choice, the men are usually in it for the sex or ego.

Now as for what you said about sex. Women nowadays are a totally different breed. The 18-25 age group has probably had several male partners in their lives and, generally, at least one lesbian relationship under her belt. And I have spoken to enough professors to say that many young students will stalk them or even go so far as to not just flirt, but sit in the front row wearing skirts but nothing underneath so he will have to take notice during his lectures. Age seems to be an artificial construct with many Mormons probably because of repressing the history of early prophets who often married 18-21 year-olds when they were in their 60s. Then again, were these women forced? No they were not.

As for teachers being kind and compassionate, maybe grade school teachers; not so for professors. I have enough in my family and experience with them to know that the ones who act like Snape in Harry Potter are the ones who have the groupies.

Fiannan
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Fiannan »

Where is this happening? Where are all these single LDS Feminist women that go to sperm banks? The only single females I see are recently divorced and actively seeking a new mate.
Time magazine: "What Two Religions Tell us About the Modern Dating Crisis"
Yes, she told me, the ratios are lopsided. And yes, Mormon men take full advantage. “They wait for the next, more perfect woman,” grumbled Bowman, a veterinarian in San Diego. Premarital sex remains taboo for Mormons, but the shortage of Mormon men was pushing some women over the brink. “There might actually be a more promiscuous dating culture than there otherwise would be in the Mormon culture because of this gap.”
and...
Hunt, a 35-year-old who only recently got married herself, told me she has three times more single women than single men in her matchmaking database. She shared stories of devout Mormon women who wound up marrying outside the religion—officially known as the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints—simply because they had no other options. She has ten friends—“all good LDS girls!”—who gave up on finding a husband and decided to have children on their own. Said Hunt, “My heartstrings are pulled daily.”
http://time.com/dateonomics/

Sunain
captain of 1,000

Post by Sunain »

The 3 female to 1 male stats are nonsense, at least in Canada and I'd say church-wide too. There seems to be a lack of worthy women here and the article you linked to also points that out as an issue. Perhaps that's why there are a lot of unmarried women in Utah and has become issue, if it is truly an issue. None of the stats had any legitimate sources.

Edits for spelling.
Last edited by Sunain on July 13th, 2017, 11:24 am, edited 2 times in total.

bbsion
captain of 100

Post by bbsion »

Fiannan wrote: July 13th, 2017, 10:42 am

I do not believe that having more and more women going to sperm banks will bump the quality of children up. Nor do I believe that lesbian couples have the best kids socially. I believe the exact opposite. Sorry if I read your post wrong.

Gage
captain of 100

Post by Gage »

Well I guess its just different in my neck of the woods. I've seen Mormon girls pass on return missionaries and faithful devout Mormon men to marry rich non member men with big houses and nice cars and a boat. And as I mentioned, I cannot think of not one single female member of the church over 18 between 3 separate surrounding wards. They are either married/dating a member of the church or drag their non member husband/boyfriend to church with them.

Matchmaker
captain of 1,000

Post by Matchmaker »

A lot of the time if a woman has high values and standards and lowers them significantly in order to marry, she will find no shortage of willing partners, as less worthy men will see her as a pearl and will be drawn to her over some of the loose women they may have been previously dating. However, the odds of divorce down the road can skyrocket in these instances once the woman has had her children because she may see him as a bad influence on her children and her protective instincts will kick in and take preference over her drive to be part of a couple. It really depends on what the woman wants.

I can find a companion for any woman or man who truly wants to get married. It's one of my gifts. I have done it many times over. I can't guarantee the marriage will last. That is up to them. I'm not a magician or a Prophet, just a Matchmaker, and a good one too!

Serragon
captain of 1,000

Post by Serragon »

No matter the problem, feminists know the culprit.. men!

Now men are driving good LDS women to promiscuity by 1) not being righteous enough to be in the marriage pool or 2) being too dang picky if they are in the pool.

It seems that to feminists, the negative choices women make are always due to the influence of men.

Is it possible that these choices men are making might in large part be due to the feminism that has taken over our culture since the 1960s?

nvr
captain of 1,000

Post by nvr »

Clearly, Fiannan, the answer is re-instituting polygamy, as you have so subtly hinted in most of your threads. I wonder what you think when you read vv 5-7 in Jacob 3?

Fiannan
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Fiannan »

nvr wrote: July 13th, 2017, 4:03 pm Clearly, Fiannan, the answer is re-instituting polygamy, as you have so subtly hinted in most of your threads. I wonder what you think when you read vv 5-7 in Jacob 3?
That it was speaking of taking excess, not the practice of polygamy itself.

nvr
captain of 1,000

Post by nvr »

I think it pretty clearly speaks against polygamy itself:
5 Behold, the Lamanites your brethren, whom ye hate because of their filthiness and the cursing which hath come upon their skins, are more righteous than you; for they have not forgotten the commandment of the Lord, which was given unto our father—that they should have save it were one wife, and concubines they should have none, and there should not be whoredoms committed among them.

6 And now, this commandment they observe to keep; wherefore, because of this observance, in keeping this commandment, the Lord God will not destroy them, but will be merciful unto them; and one day they shall become a blessed people.

7 Behold, their husbands love their wives, and their wives love their husbands; and their husbands and their wives love their children; and their unbelief and their hatred towards you is because of the iniquity of their fathers; wherefore, how much better are you than they, in the sight of your great Creator?

brianj
captain of 1,000

Post by brianj »

Am I the only one here to approach this subject with some critical thinking?

The OP cited an article in the Daily Universe. That article cited another article in Time Magazine. Let's take a look at it, shall we?

One of the first things I notice is that the author's primary source is a friend to the author, described as: "a leader of Ordain Women." Do you all take anything a leader of Ordain Women says as entirely truthful?
If you take a closer look, there's an interactive map that conveniently skews the reader's perception by being pre-set to show the ratio of single men with university degrees to single women with university degrees. In the 18 to 45 age range men without degrees outnumber women without degrees.

I will readily concede that it appears men who divorce are far more likely to turn away from their covenants, but I have seen a great deal to demonstrate that men who don't measure up to a woman's expectations of education or income appear invisible to those women. And we've been fed plenty of nonsensical false teachings about men and women over the years. Men are ordained to the priesthood to bring them up to the level of women - how many times have you heard that lesson? By claiming that most men are already inferior to women instead of pointing out that we express spirituality differently, a lot of guys who could otherwise be really great husbands are dismissed because they don't measure up to a woman's expectation of how to express that spirituality.

I will conclude by pointing out that this article was initially published in 2015, and the author appeared quick to concede that lowering the age of missionary service has caused a lot more young men to go on missions rather than turning away from the gospel.

brianj
captain of 1,000

Post by brianj »

Fiannan wrote: July 13th, 2017, 10:42 am Overall lesbian couples have the best kids socially and in regards to academic achievement? Now why is that? Of course the people who side with nurture over nature will say that if you have two nurturing women who really wanted their babies (no accidental pregnancies with lesbians) then that must be it. They generally ignore the fact that these women usually go to sperm banks to get pregnant. This reproductive option tends to screen out men with any questionable mental or physical issues and puts a premium on intelligence.
What's your source on the claim that lesbian couples have the best kids socially and academically?
I have a hard time believing that since lesbian couples have the highest rates of domestic violence among straight couples, gay couples, and lesbian couples. Source: CDC’s 2010 National Intimate Partner and Sexual Violence Survey.

Fiannan
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Fiannan »

brianj wrote: July 13th, 2017, 11:16 pm
Fiannan wrote: July 13th, 2017, 10:42 am Overall lesbian couples have the best kids socially and in regards to academic achievement? Now why is that? Of course the people who side with nurture over nature will say that if you have two nurturing women who really wanted their babies (no accidental pregnancies with lesbians) then that must be it. They generally ignore the fact that these women usually go to sperm banks to get pregnant. This reproductive option tends to screen out men with any questionable mental or physical issues and puts a premium on intelligence.
What's your source on the claim that lesbian couples have the best kids socially and academically?
I have a hard time believing that since lesbian couples have the highest rates of domestic violence among straight couples, gay couples, and lesbian couples. Source: CDC’s 2010 National Intimate Partner and Sexual Violence Survey.
http://content.time.com/time/health/art ... 80,00.html

Of course some time ago I linked the study rather than a media source but for now, here it is.

I am aware of the domestic abuse in regards to lesbian couples. One wonders if there have been studies on those with and without children. One could speculate that those with children might be less inclined to be abusive since they are channeling natural maternal instincts to their kids rather than repressing them and thus creating anxiety in the relationship. And my point originally is that (at least in regards to academics and other social indicators) is that children from donor services (be they for lesbians or couples where the husband is sterile) will probably fare better since you are screening for the most desirable male contributions.

Fiannan
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Fiannan »

Men are ordained to the priesthood to bring them up to the level of women - how many times have you heard that lesson? By claiming that most men are already inferior to women instead of pointing out that we express spirituality differently, a lot of guys who could otherwise be really great husbands are dismissed because they don't measure up to a woman's expectation of how to express that spirituality.
Yeah, maybe we should dispense with priesthood lessons and instead play episodes of Say Yes to the Dress and Ellen to get men to the higher levels of modern American women.

brlenox
A sheep in wolf in sheep's clothing

Post by brlenox »

MMbelieve wrote: July 13th, 2017, 1:08 am
I will add that I really like converts, they are some of the most "real" people the church has.
OOOO!! OOOOO!!! I'm a convert does that mean you like me too? I knew it. Golly gee wilikers...

MMbelieve
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by MMbelieve »

brlenox wrote: July 14th, 2017, 1:07 am
I will add that I really like converts, they are some of the most "real" people the church has.
OOOO!! OOOOO!!! I'm a convert does that mean you like me too? I knew it. Golly gee wilikers...
Huh?

Do you try to get people to NOT like you?

brlenox
A sheep in wolf in sheep's clothing

Post by brlenox »

MMbelieve wrote: July 14th, 2017, 1:50 pm
brlenox wrote: July 14th, 2017, 1:07 am
Huh?

Do you try to get people to NOT like you?
^#(^

You know how when you were kids your big brother would do things just to get you riled up and your mom would say..."well if you didn't respond like that he wouldn't tease you... Well sometimes just for fun I'm that immature little twerp that just can't pass up an opportunity to needle someone just for the reaction. You have been wonderfully consistent in the way that only subjective thinkers are of always providing a humorous heightened emotional response. It can be very entertaining.

As far as people not liking me - it doesn't happen in real life. I'm affable, funny, brilliantly intelligent, with keen insight and wondrously capable of speaking on practically any subject with candor and insight. Of course if blarsen see's this he is the only one that knows me and can vouch for my naturally effervescent and bubbly demeanor. :D The only downside to me is that in my later years, I've lost my body builder physique and my A bracket racquetball finesse and have slid into a very unhealthy state these past 5 years or so. Not sure why but I don't let it get me down. Instead I come here to interact with such wonderful people as yourself.

As far as me not liking someone, it doesn't occur to me. I even like people like you. I know that may sound even more amazing than my autobiographical sketch of the finer points of my personality but what can I say. Where would we be if all of us were the same and especially if we didn't have some of those irrational types that subjectively spin and twirl and wander from one moment to the next saying one thing and then completely reversing themselves in the next. Oh my goodness - have you no idea of the entertainment value? So I tend to be quite fond of practically everyone and only once in a while encounter someone that is challenging in a personality sort of way. I do suffer with the ignorant who can't think their way out of a paper bag, but I just know that someday I will be a better man having finally learned how to love others in spite of their stupidity. I mean I can look forward to the miraculous, can't I? B-(

Well, thank you sooo much for asking, I've quite enjoyed this little trip down the yellow brick road....and you have a wonderful day. bye now... ~X(

Fiannan
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Fiannan »

gclayjr wrote: July 13th, 2017, 5:15 am Juliet,
Polygamy would mean all the rich men get the women, and that would cause some incredible problems for the poor single men.
That is exactly what is happening today in countries that practice polygamy. You read biographies written by women from these countries and their lives are also miserable, because they are little more than property. Poor men's only access to women is via houses of prostitution which are also rampant in these countries. These are brutal, cruel societies.

It is my understanding that even during the days of plural marriage in Utah, that only a relatively few men actually had multiple wives. I think polygamy, by its nature is a stopgap, so that all women have the opportunity for a celestial marriage. The math says that this will only happen under certain circumstances, and usually probably for only a few men.

That is why I believe that even in the celestial kingdom, while plural marriage may be a celestial law, few will actually have more than 1 wife.

Regards,

George Clay
And yet guys like this defy the notion that there is an equal number of men for women. Just think, if he converted to the Church and maybe a few hundred of his kids followed and had themselves sealed to him:

gclayjr
captain of 1,000

Post by gclayjr »

Fiannan,

I never said that selected individuals, couldn't get more women. Usually, although not always, this is because of wealth or power. However, in Britain, there may be other factors
The social workers said the multiple marriages are encouraged by a welfare system which allows a second, third or fourth wife to be treated as a single mother who gets a house and an array of other state payments for herself and her children.

Controversially, it means that a man can take a new spouse (from anywhere in the world), sire any number of children with her, and yet have no responsibility for this family’s upkeep or care.

To avoid breaking Britain’s matrimony laws, the men marry their extra ‘wives’ in an Islamic Nikah ceremony, either in their own homes or a mosque.

These marriages are not recognised officially, so they do not appear in government statistics or have any status under the law. They also do not count when assessing welfare payments.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... z4mr6G7xSO
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook
I suppose we may have similar benefits that may attract women from poor Muslim countries to come here, have an illegal "Muslim" marriage" and live much better on welfare.,

Regards,

George Clay

JohnnyL
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by JohnnyL »

Fiannan wrote: July 13th, 2017, 2:13 am
If he's a good guy who will love and protect and be a good father, there shouldn't be anything wrong with that. There are men outside this church who are much better husbands and fathers than some within. Plus he won't be engrained with mormon culture.
Well, if no other possibility exists then better than spinsterhood.

Women marrying outside the church is one way to bring more men in to the church. Men marrying outside the church proves to be a bit more challenging because men tend to follow their wives and leave the church.

Statistically that is wrong. Up to half of all women who marry an active LDS man convert to the Church while far, far fewer men who marry active LDS women join the Church.
Last statistic I knew of (but this was at least 10 years ago): 1/2 of women convert, 1/6 of men convert (in this lifetime).

JohnnyL
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by JohnnyL »

Fiannan wrote: July 13th, 2017, 11:11 am
Hunt, a 35-year-old who only recently got married herself, told me she has three times more single women than single men in her matchmaking database. She shared stories of devout Mormon women who wound up marrying outside the religion—officially known as the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints—simply because they had no other options. She has ten friends—“all good LDS girls!”—who gave up on finding a husband and decided to have children on their own. Said Hunt, “My heartstrings are pulled daily.”
Probably getting pregnant with chosen one-night stands... I didn't see anything about sperm banks.

djinwa
captain of 100

Post by djinwa »

More threads to point out the train wreck of life and marriage.

Gee, we can't figure out why young men are leaving? What exactly are the advantages to men in the church? Do normal young men wake up on Sunday morning and decide they want to go sit in 3 hours of meetings telling them sex is dirty and they should get married and get a job they hate and support 8 kids? Is that the dream?

The church is designed to primarily satisfy women's needs. Get a husband that is sole breadwinner so she can stay home and have babies and never have to work again. And with modesty standards and war on porn, she has monopoly control over his sexuality so she doesn't have to put out or take care of herself.

So church is designed to give women the most power, so when the problems with church history and doctrine are spread all over the internet, women are more likely to ignore them. Men on the other hand, are more likely to accept them given they don't like church anyway.

If you want to attract men, how about cut out meetings and busywork. Eliminate home teaching. Back off on modesty standards. Go to ball games or fishing. Harass the wives to make offering sex mandatory at least twice a week.

Ain't going to happen.

By the way, the nuclear family doesn't work. Men and women are different. Women expect all sorts of emotional connection with a dude which is not how he is wired. Men expect sex, which is not how she is wired, especially after having kids.

Good for man and woman to commit to each other for practical reasons like ensuring kids get raised, but need to have separate living quarters. Forget pillow talk. The more time together, the more fighting. Women can help each other with kids and domestic duties, and men can do their thing - working, fixing, etc.

Again, ain't going to happen. Too much money made trying to put square pegs in round holes. Think of all the marriage counselors and self-help books and then divorce lawyers, etc.

As for sperm banks, I'm all for them, as long as the goal is improved health and happiness. We have ward members with nearly all their 6 kids with serious mental issues. My son married a girl with cystic fibrosis who died a slow miserable death in early 20's. Hired a guy at work last week who couldn't take working in heat who has the same illness so had to quit.

We're told to accept our defects, but then we use surgery or medication or braces or glasses to correct them. Why have ugly kids? What is wrong with improving looks? If looks don't matter, why do makeup?

But again, using sperm banks ain't going to happen on a large scale, mostly because having kids is done for selfish reasons - to spread your own genes, no matter how poor they are. We don't care if our kids are miserable.

And alot more money made treating defects or by selling beauty aids or whatever.

I know in the animal world, with selective breeding you could wipe out most the veterinary profession. But people like breeding freaks, like dogs that can hardly breathe, or have allergies and ear infections, etc, etc. But people don't care if animals suffer as long as they're getting what they want. Same with their kids.

Matchmaker
captain of 1,000

Post by Matchmaker »

Fiannan wrote: July 14th, 2017, 4:48 pm
gclayjr wrote: July 13th, 2017, 5:15 am Juliet,
Polygamy would mean all the rich men get the women, and that would cause some incredible problems for the poor single men.
That is exactly what is happening today in countries that practice polygamy. You read biographies written by women from these countries and their lives are also miserable, because they are little more than property. Poor men's only access to women is via houses of prostitution which are also rampant in these countries. These are brutal, cruel societies.

It is my understanding that even during the days of plural marriage in Utah, that only a relatively few men actually had multiple wives. I think polygamy, by its nature is a stopgap, so that all women have the opportunity for a celestial marriage. The math says that this will only happen under certain circumstances, and usually probably for only a few men.

That is why I believe that even in the celestial kingdom, while plural marriage may be a celestial law, few will actually have more than 1 wife.

Regards,

George Clay
And yet guys like this defy the notion that there is an equal number of men for women. Just think, if he converted to the Church and maybe a few hundred of his kids followed and had themselves sealed to him:
How many of his children will end up in the same schools someday, meet, date, and produce children together with their own siblings?