Opening North Korea to the Gospel

For discussion of liberty, freedom, government and politics.

If God called you to do so, would you risk your life to preach the Gospel in North Korea?

With all my heart!
40%
Yes, but with some reservations.
47%
No way, are you crazy?!?
13%

Total votes: 15
Durzan
The Lord's Trusty Maverick

Opening North Korea to the Gospel

Post by Durzan »

Parallels between Kim Jong Un and King Lamoni?

This morning I woke up with an interesting and fairly puzzling thought. King Lamoni was a tyrant. He did as he pleased, and killed those whom displeased him, and likely committed many other sins himself. But, is this truly his own fault? I say nay, at least to the extent that his ignorance of God's laws would allow. The Lamanite culture was built around being a warlike and sin filled people people, and their was evidence that populace was filled with plunderers and murderers. King Lamoni was clearly raised by a father who, due to the culture and traditions of the Lamanites, was basically a tyrant, and left with no other role model or influence in his life that provided an alternative point of view, King Lamoni became one himself. Thus it can be said that Lamoni probably was little more than a spoiled brat, who never had to think all that deeply about his position or way of life, and who's antics of tyranny were the result of him not really knowing any better. Up to the point where Ammon showed up, King Lamoni probably had only been exposed to only Tyranny and bloodshed his entire life. And yet, he became one of the most righteous leaders in the Book of Mormon.

Does this story not sound familiar? The description above seems to not only describe Lamoni, but also Kim Jong Un. We Americans hate on him and make fun of him regularly, but is that really warranted? Is it not hypocritical? It is said in the bible that we should love our enemies, do good to those that spit upon you, and spitefully use you, and that we should wish them well? By shaming him, are we not disobeying that commandment from the Lord? Was not the Book of Mormon written for our day? I say unto you, that if you insult him, then you believe that it is not.

Yes, Kim Jong Un has done terrible things, and those terrible things should not be condoned; yet, King Lamoni, Alma the Younger, and Paul did terrible things as well. When converted, did they not become powerful beacons of hope to the world? Did they not have a huge change of heart? So... think about things from Kim Jong Un's point of view. Think about how he probably was raised, and what his life has been like. Think about why he does what he does. Why he constantly blusters and raves against us and our allies... why he murders those who displease him, and why he throws those citizens who break the laws into concentration camps. Is he REALLY all that evil, or is he just someone who, like King Lamoni, was exposed only to Tyranny and bloodshed growing up? Is he not, just someone who hasn't been exposed to alternative viewpoints? Someone who, like King Lear from Shakespeare, and King Lamoni from the Book of Mormon, hasn't thought all that deeply his entire life?

So, who are we to judge him? Are we not all sinners? Only the Lord can truly see the thoughts and desires of our hearts; only He can make a true and just judgement... for He has all the information. Many Christians say that we should denounce the sin, but love the sinner... so should we not put this into practice? And just like how Lamoni has surely been misjudged by some of the Nephites, so too we may have misjudged others.
I Durzan, herby solemnly pledge, to preach the Gospel in North Korea, should God ever call me to do so.
Who else will take up this pledge?
Last edited by Durzan on July 7th, 2017, 1:06 pm, edited 3 times in total.

True
captain of 100

Re: The Parallels between King Lamoni and Kim Jong Un

Post by True »

I used to think this too but have had less compassion in him knowing he was educated in Switzerland. While he was there he had to be able to see the real world and not the make believe world taught inside of North Korea. He saw free peoples and read news papers but yet he is who he is. I believe he has enough knowledge to know he is an absolute despot ruling over starved peasants and he can change that and let the people come out into the light and into the world community but he would have to give up his absolute power to do it. He is not Lamoni.

Durzan

Post by Durzan »

True wrote: June 27th, 2017, 8:23 am I used to think this too but have had less compassion in him knowing he was educated in Switzerland. While he was there he had to be able to see the real world and not the make believe world taught inside of North Korea. He saw free peoples and read news papers but yet he is who he is. I believe he has enough knowledge to know he is an absolute despot ruling over starved peasants and he can change that and let the people come out into the light and into the world community but he would have to give up his absolute power to do it. He is not Lamoni.
From what I read, it appears that his time there was very brief compared to the time he spent in North Korea, both before and after his education. In a world where man's heart has long waxed cold, do you really think that such little time spent there would've really influenced his views all that much? Do you really think that being exposed to a foreign and alien culture, when your heart has been hardened by years of indoctrination and lies would break through? Such exposure likely only reinforced his viewpoint. From his point of view, it is likely that his time there only opened his eyes to what he would see as a hypocritical western world. Many nations in the western world nowadays only have the illusion of freedom... but as long as we don't recognize that, then we remain content.

Remember, that it probably took years of preparation by the Spirit for Lamoni to be ready to receive the Gospel, and that when the time came, it took someone with the Holy Spirit serving him personally and performing miracles to soften his heart enough for King Lamoni to be taught. Until Kim Jong Un is exposed to the gospel in a similar fashion by someone whom the Lord has prepared to teach him, I highly doubt that his mind and heart would even come close to changing.

Part of the reason why Ammon was so effective, was because he let the Holy Spirit guide him, cast aside his prejudices, and served with patience and an open mind. Notice that many of the prophets who preached with an ultimatum were generally minimally successful at best, even when being guided by the Lord. Doubtless, this was in part because of the hardness of the hearts of the people they taught, but I would be willing to bet that the way the prophets taught had some impact (small or large) on the results.

gkearney
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by gkearney »

I too will not excuse Kim Jong Un actions. As the previous post noted he was educated in the free nation of Switzerland for years. Further even in his native nation the culture has been influenced by both Buddhist and Confucius beliefs to a large degree over thousands of years. Both those traditions condemn wonton acts of murder and abuse that he routinely engages in.

He knows full well what he is doing is wrong. He is making a wilful choice to be wicked. We are talking about perhaps the most repressive nation on earth here. One so bad it make China look like a shining beacon of liberty.

Durzan

Post by Durzan »

gkearney wrote: June 27th, 2017, 9:01 am I too will not excuse Kim Jong Un actions.

Make no mistake I do not condone his actions; nor do I excuse them. But, the Lord takes into account the circumstances and times of those whom he judges.
As the previous post noted he was educated in the free nation of Switzerland for years. Further even in his native nation the culture has been influenced by both Buddhist and Confucius beliefs to a large degree over thousands of years. Both those traditions condemn wonton acts of murder and abuse that he routinely engages in.
And Kim's father and grandfather repressed the Buddhist and Confucius traditions and replaced them with their own, brainwashing their people to worship them as idols in a mere 75 years. Laman and Lemuel did the exact same thing to their people. Were they justified in their actions? NO! They knew full well what they were doing. But their children followed the traditions that they established in ignorance.

So too is the case with the current leader of North Korea. He may have been taught outside of his nation, but that doesn't mean that he is fully aware of just what it is he is doing. The indoctrination by his family from a young age would be ingrained in him to the point where only someone teaching as the four sons of mosiah would have even a hope of turning him from his wicked ways. However, I believe that it is possible.
He knows full well what he is doing is wrong. He is making a wilful choice to be wicked.
Oh really? Are you absolutely sure about that? Do you know the thoughts and desires of his heart? Do you know who he really is? King Lamoni's sins were comparable to those of Kim's; that fact is undeniable. If Christ can see the potential good in such a man as King Lamoni, despite the many wrongs he has committed (Crimes which despite being acceptable in Lamanite culture, he probably committed deliberately and knowingly), and commit to softening his heart and teaching him because of the faith of the four sons of Mosiah... then how can I, a mere man, deny a similar potential to a man whom I really know little to nothing about?

Who am I to deny such a man the Gospel? Who am I to judge if he is worthy or not? Who am I to say that his heart cannot change? Heavenly Father is the one who judges the nations of man, and He works in mysterious ways; if he commanded me to go forth and teach Kim Jong Un, then I would not hesitate to do so, despite the fact that I would be risking life, limb, and personal sanity to do so!

The four sons of Mosiah had the faith to go forth and teach the lamanites in a time when the Nephite nation was pretty much resigned to the fact that they could not reason with their brethren nation. AND THEY WERE A STUBBORN PEOPLE! JUST. LIKE. US. MORMONS! I would be doing both them and God a disservice to just write off a man such as Kim as irredeemable.
We are talking about perhaps the most repressive nation on earth here. One so bad it make China look like a shining beacon of liberty.
Oh ye of little faith, wherefore dost thou doubt? Such things were said about the nations in the Soviet Union by members of the church over thirty years ago... and look at how that has turned out.

Behold, the time is coming quickly when God shall work a great miracle upon the Hermit Nation. Her leader and her people shall hear the gospel, and shall be over-swept by a change so profound that you will scarcely be able to recognize her once it is completed; and when this change comes to pass, it will seem as though North Korea will have gone from poor to prosperous overnight. And it shall come to pass that in that day, shall the North and South become reunited, and their people shall become one people, united by a bond stronger than what holds us together. This I testify in the name of God Almighty, even Jesus Christ. Amen.

True
captain of 100

Post by True »

Durzan,
You really should read a book called The Heavenly Man. It is about one man's journey to convert China to Christianity. That man's name is brother Yun and he is Chinese. It is so fabulous that it will have you contemplating learning mandarin. It also will show you the sacrifices and suffering that the Chinese Christians are offering on a daily basis and what is possible. If you pm me I can send you the audible book for free as long as you have never accepted a book from any one else (only the first book is free). And that is true whether you have an account with them or not.

I totally believe what you said will come to pass but I'm thinking it will probably happen after the Lord takes Un out. It could happen the other way and he could convert Un. If that is his plan, I hope he uses you to do it. I would be a terrible candidate for that calling because I just want to kick him in the knee cap.

Durzan

Post by Durzan »

True wrote: June 27th, 2017, 8:24 pm Durzan,
You really should read a book called The Heavenly Man. It is about one man's journey to convert China to Christianity. That man's name is brother Yun and he is Chinese. It is so fabulous that it will have you contemplating learning mandarin. It also will show you the sacrifices and suffering that the Chinese Christians are offering on a daily basis and what is possible. If you pm me I can send you the audible book for free as long as you have never accepted a book from any one else (only the first book is free). And that is true whether you have an account with them or not.

I totally believe what you said will come to pass but I'm thinking it will probably happen after the Lord takes Un out. It could happen the other way and he could convert Un. If that is his plan, I hope he uses you to do it. I would be a terrible candidate for that calling because I just want to kick him in the knee cap.
That book does sound fairly interesting.

Irrelevant
captain of 100

Post by Irrelevant »

You bring up some great points. I spent years studying North Korea, the Korean culture, and their language, as well as other related stuff. Kim Jong Un was exposed to western culture at an early age and is obsessed with Michael Jordan and American basketball. He also loves Jack Daniels as well as other aspects of our culture (ironic, isn't it). He lived outside of NK for years so he definitely has an understanding of the rest of the world. However, to be fair we must consider what it may have been like to be raised knowing that your father and grandfather were treated as gods and that it was possible that he could one day reign (he was not the first pick, by the way). Just as his people are brainwashed, there has to be some level of it in him, too.

As crappy as he is I'd agree that if others in the scriptures were not past saving he may not be either. Really, who are we to say? If only there were an emissary knowledgeable in both basketball and American culture that could be sent to soften him up...

Convert Dennis Rodman, convert Kim Jong Un. Convert him, you convert the whole country.

Durzan

Post by Durzan »

Irrelevant wrote: June 28th, 2017, 8:09 am You bring up some great points. I spent years studying North Korea, the Korean culture, and their language, as well as other related stuff. Kim Jong Un was exposed to western culture at an early age and is obsessed with Michael Jordan and American basketball. He also loves Jack Daniels as well as other aspects of our culture (ironic, isn't it). He lived outside of NK for years so he definitely has an understanding of the rest of the world. However, to be fair we must consider what it may have been like to be raised knowing that your father and grandfather were treated as gods and that it was possible that he could one day reign (he was not the first pick, by the way). Just as his people are brainwashed, there has to be some level of it in him, too.

As crappy as he is I'd agree that if others in the scriptures were not past saving he may not be either. Really, who are we to say? If only there were an emissary knowledgeable in both basketball and American culture that could be sent to soften him up...

Convert Dennis Rodman, convert Kim Jong Un. Convert him, you convert the whole country.
Thank you! You basically just summed up the entire point I was trying to make, albeit a little bit less eloquently.

Irrelevant
captain of 100

Post by Irrelevant »

Durzan wrote: June 28th, 2017, 12:50 pm
Irrelevant wrote: June 28th, 2017, 8:09 am You bring up some great points. I spent years studying North Korea, the Korean culture, and their language, as well as other related stuff. Kim Jong Un was exposed to western culture at an early age and is obsessed with Michael Jordan and American basketball. He also loves Jack Daniels as well as other aspects of our culture (ironic, isn't it). He lived outside of NK for years so he definitely has an understanding of the rest of the world. However, to be fair we must consider what it may have been like to be raised knowing that your father and grandfather were treated as gods and that it was possible that he could one day reign (he was not the first pick, by the way). Just as his people are brainwashed, there has to be some level of it in him, too.

Thank you! You basically just summed up the entire point I was trying to make, albeit a little bit less eloquently.
:)) Well I've never been accused of being eloquent before now so... ;)

Durzan

Post by Durzan »

lol.

Does anyone else have any additional thoughts or insights?

DRC53
captain of 100

Post by DRC53 »

Durzan wrote: June 30th, 2017, 6:07 am lol.

If your point is simply that most anyone's heart can soften to the gospel message, including Kim Jong Un, then I'm with you 100%. Alma went to preach to the Zoramites because the word had a more powerful effect on the hearts of men than the sword.

The pill I cannot swallow is the pass you give him that he is just doing what he saw from his grandfather and father; that he doesn't know any better. Fact is, he loves western culture. He lived in western culture. He's had enough exposure to the west to know there are other ways to govern. To say that he didn't live in the west long enough, comparatively speaking to the rest of his life, to influence his life is a stretch. How long does it take to see another way of life and realize that everything you've seen growing up was wrong and evil? I don't give him a pass on this account.

It is legitimate to recognize that he likely has never sat down with LDS missionaries and felt the Spirit of the revelation. You're correct that it's not our place to judge who would accept the gospel and who would not. I have serious doubts that he would, but who knows.

Irrelevant
captain of 100

Post by Irrelevant »

I don't see it as Durzan giving him a pass so much as withholding judgement for lack of knowing all of the facts.

I agree with you on not giving him a pass but I'd love to see into his mind. Jong Il and Il Sung are gods to 25+ million people and now so is he. They may be the most brainwashed group of people in the history of the Earth. At what point do you (as Kim Jong Un) begin to believe some of it? He has also been brainwashed. I mean, everything that's done there is for him. He hears praise everywhere he goes and is surrounded by yes men. But you are right- he also has to know that much of it is bull. Then again, power has the tendency to corrupt, so how many people born into his situation would be willing to relinquish total control? It's hard to know without knowing his heart. It's all so messed up.

On a side note, converting him could possibly more than double church membership. That would keep us busy for a few years!

Durzan

Post by Durzan »

Irrelevant wrote: June 30th, 2017, 9:38 am I don't see it as Durzan giving him a pass so much as withholding judgement for lack of knowing all of the facts.

I agree with you on not giving him a pass but I'd love to see into his mind. Jong Il and Il Sung are gods to 25+ million people and now so is he. They may be the most brainwashed group of people in the history of the Earth. At what point do you (as Kim Jong Un) begin to believe some of it? He has also been brainwashed. I mean, everything that's done there is for him. He hears praise everywhere he goes and is surrounded by yes men. But you are right- he also has to know that much of it is bull. Then again, power has the tendency to corrupt, so how many people born into his situation would be willing to relinquish total control? It's hard to know without knowing his heart. It's all so messed up.

On a side note, converting him could possibly more than double church membership. That would keep us busy for a few years!
Yeah, I'm not really giving him a pass. I am withholding judgement because it is not my place to do so, nor do I have all the facts.

However, one way or the other, Heavenly Father will see to it that he will be held accountable for what crimes that he is/was responsible for, but He will take into account his entire life situation and outlook into the judgement. If Kim repents and forsakes his sins (which of course involves making restitution, which serves as a form of justice), then he will become a powerful witness of Christ in his own right, and will be spared from the hell that he would have endured otherwise.

If not, well then... he will eventually reap what he has sewn.

On a more personal note, I am also trying to understand the kind of person he may be based off of what little I know, and what I can speculate on based on what I do know. The more I think about this, the more I realize that maybe he is not the completely ruthless tyrant we make him out to be. I think he is a more complex man than many may realize. I have a hunch that he may actually have a soft spot of some kind, and that he might be more receptive to the gospel than you would initially think, provided he is taught under the right circumstances, whatever they may be.

As some have mentioned, he does seem to like western culture... at least up to a point. And yet, he blusters quite a bit whenever the US is mentioned. That is very interesting, indeed...

Irrelevant
captain of 100

Post by Irrelevant »

Durzan wrote: June 30th, 2017, 2:07 pm
Irrelevant wrote: June 30th, 2017, 9:38 am I don't see it as Durzan giving him a pass so much as withholding judgement for lack of knowing all of the facts.

Yeah, I'm not really giving him a pass. I am withholding judgement because it is not my place to do so, nor do I have all the facts.

However, one way or the other, Heavenly Father will see to it that he will be held accountable for what crimes that he is/was responsible for, but He will take into account his entire life situation and outlook into the judgement. If Kim repents and forsakes his sins (which of course involves making restitution, which serves as a form of justice), then he will become a powerful witness of Christ in his own right, and will be spared from the hell that he would have endured otherwise.

If not, well then... he will eventually reap what he has sewn.

On a more personal note, I am also trying to understand the kind of person he may be based off of what little I know, and what I can speculate on based on what I do know. The more I think about this, the more I realize that maybe he is not the completely ruthless tyrant we make him out to be. I think he is a more complex man than many may realize. I have a hunch that he may actually have a soft spot of some kind, and that he might be more receptive to the gospel than you would initially think, provided he is taught under the right circumstances, whatever they may be.

As some have mentioned, he does seem to like western culture... at least up to a point. And yet, he blusters quite a bit whenever the US is mentioned. That is very interesting, indeed...
I think I may have said it already but he wasn't the first pick for the job. He was just better than his brothers. I kind of feel like he was forced into it a little.

As far as the crazy talk goes, he is following the pattern already established: NK needs aid, NK causes a stink or fires on SK, NK gets aid. They've done it for years. Also, for their system (I could go into detail but it would bore you) to work, they need a villain. Enter the US imperialist pigs (or insult of the day). They are built on anti America. I cannot stress that enough. It's unbelievable how evil they paint us but it's really the only way they can retain power over their people.

Oh yeah, and if you can find early pictures of him, compare them to now. He's had plastic surgery and has had to gain weight to look more like Kim Il Sung in an effort to garner affection. It's really the strangest place in the world.

Durzan

Post by Durzan »

Kim might not hold nearly as much power as we think...
Last edited by Durzan on July 2nd, 2017, 12:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Durzan

Post by Durzan »

Durzan wrote: July 2nd, 2017, 9:03 am So, in other words you are saying that his power might not be nearly as absolute as we think?
Bump.

oneClimbs
captain of 1,000

Post by oneClimbs »

Durzan wrote: June 27th, 2017, 8:01 am This morning I woke up with an interesting and fairly puzzling thought. King Lamoni was a tyrant. He did as he pleased, and killed those whom displeased him, and likely committed many other sins himself. But, is this truly his own fault? I say nay, at least to the extent that his ignorance of God's laws would allow. The Lamanite culture was built around being a warlike and sin filled people people, and their was evidence that populace was filled with plunderers and murderers. King Lamoni was clearly raised by a father who, due to the culture and traditions of the Lamanites, was basically a tyrant, and left with no other role model or influence in his life that provided an alternative point of view, King Lamoni became one himself. Thus it can be said that Lamoni probably was little more than a spoiled brat, who never had to think all that deeply about his position or way of life, and who's antics of tyranny were the result of him not really knowing any better. Up to the point where Ammon showed up, King Lamoni probably had only been exposed to only Tyranny and bloodshed his entire life. And yet, he became one of the most righteous leaders in the Book of Mormon.

Does this story not sound familiar? The description above seems to not only describe Lamoni, but also Kim Jong Un. We Americans hate on him and make fun of him regularly, but is that really warranted? Is it not hypocritical? It is said in the bible that we should love our enemies, do good to those that spit upon you, and spitefully use you, and that we should wish them well? By shaming him, are we not disobeying that commandment from the Lord? Was not the Book of Mormon written for our day? I say unto you, that if you insult him, then you believe that it is not.

Yes, Kim Jong Un has done terrible things, and those terrible things should not be condoned; yet, King Lamoni, Alma the Younger, and Paul did terrible things as well. When converted, did they not become powerful beacons of hope to the world? Did they not have a huge change of heart? So... think about things from Kim Jong Un's point of view. Think about how he probably was raised, and what his life has been like. Think about why he does what he does. Why he constantly blusters and raves against us and our allies... why he murders those who displease him, and why he throws those citizens who break the laws into concentration camps. Is he REALLY all that evil, or is he just someone who, like King Lamoni, was exposed only to Tyranny and bloodshed growing up? Is he not, just someone who hasn't been exposed to alternative viewpoints? Someone who, like King Lear from Shakespeare, and King Lamoni from the Book of Mormon, hasn't thought all that deeply his entire life?

So, who are we to judge him? Are we not all sinners? Only the Lord can truly see the thoughts and desires of our hearts; only He can make a true and just judgement... for He has all the information. Many Christians say that we should denounce the sin, but love the sinner... so should we not put this into practice? And just like how Lamoni has surely been misjudged by some of the Nephites, so too we may have misjudged others.
I think it is a parallel. The principle we learn from Lamoni and his Father, Zeezrom, Alma the younger, the elder, and others is that you really have no clue who's heart can change and who the Lord may choose as an instrument in his hands. How many of us would go to North Korea on our own accord and submit to being a servant to Kim Jong Un? Like Ammon with Lamoni, Daniel with Nebuchadnezzar, or Joseph to Pharaoh? No, most of us are like the Nephites who would have rather fallen upon them and slaughtered them to rid the earth of their presence.

Matchmaker
captain of 1,000

Post by Matchmaker »

Durzan wrote: June 30th, 2017, 6:07 am lol.

I appreciate your testimony that we are not KJU's judge, the Lord is, and that if the Lord asked a Priesthood holder to preach to him that you would be willing to go and do it, as would others on this forum. Perhaps he will be given the opportunity to hear the gospel in this life and convert, but somehow I don't expect it. When I read that he had probably fed his uncle alive to a pack of hungry dogs and had his brother killed with poison, I started to believe that he will meet another kind of fate someday, perhaps at the hands of the North Koreans or the Chinese.

Irrelevant
captain of 100

Post by Irrelevant »

Durzan wrote: July 2nd, 2017, 12:38 pm
Durzan wrote: July 2nd, 2017, 9:03 am So, in other words you are saying that his power might not be nearly as absolute as we think?
Bump.
I would say that. He wasn't really groomed to succeed Jong Il until a few years before he took over. Short version is that his oldest brother, Jong Nam, was the first pick but it didn't work out. Kim Jong Il's wife, Ko Young Hee, wanted one of her sons, Jong Chul or Jong Un, to rule but Jong Chul was a sissy (ha ha) so by default Jong Un is the leader of the greatest nation (cue dramatic, Soviet-style music) in the history of the Earth.

Anyway, since he was sort of a last pick, he would need advisors to basically tell him what to do in order to gain the admiration and respect of the people. Again, hence plastic surgery, that stupid haircut, and changing his mannerisms to make him more like the last two. Although in title he's the head, president, and chairman of everything: the nation, military, the party- it's definitely interesting, he still lacks experience. His absolute power is only on the surface.

Irrelevant
captain of 100

Post by Irrelevant »

Oh. And he didn't really feed his uncle to dogs.

One day the Lord will see fit to open the place to the Gospel. How it happens, I don't know. But I do know that it's becoming more and more difficult to control the people. They're restless. It would be awesome to go teach.

shadow
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by shadow »

Heck, Hitler was raised by crappy parents too.

The biggest key is how quick a person is to change when a better way is shown. Kim has seen a better way but hasn't changed.

DRC53
captain of 100

Post by DRC53 »

This is heart-breaking! I don't believe life under King Lamoni was this bad. I know he was ruthless to his servants who lost his flocks, but this is beyond compare.

https://www.facebook.com/thepeoplebox/v ... 925870008/

Durzan

Opening North Korea to the Gospel: Parallels between KJU and King Lamoni

Post by Durzan »

shadow wrote: July 3rd, 2017, 6:13 pm Heck, Hitler was raised by crappy parents too.

The biggest key is how quick a person is to change when a better way is shown. Kim has seen a better way but hasn't changed.
Lets actually think about this though... was approximately 2 years in Sweden REALLY enough for us to actually say that he has seen another way? He was certainly exposed to western culture during that time, but... compared to the lifetime he spent in Korea both before and after, I don't think it had a lasting effect... especially once he was named his father's heir. As soon as that happened, any influence his time in the west had on him was wiped off the face of the earth by renewed brainwashing.

Also, keep in mind that when North Korean children become foreign exchange students, they are watched closely by Shadows from the government. I can't imagine that his situation would be all that different, son of the dictator or not.
DRC53 wrote: July 5th, 2017, 7:48 am This is heart-breaking! I don't believe life under King Lamoni was this bad. I know he was ruthless to his servants who lost his flocks, but this is beyond compare.

https://www.facebook.com/thepeoplebox/v ... 925870008/
Honestly, we don't know what life was like for the common folk under King Lamoni's rule before he converted... but its logical to assume that he was probably just as ruthless to his subjects as his servants.

I watched that video, and did a little bit of digging. Most of the bad things that happened to her actually occurred in or near China,though that isn't to say that bad stuff didn't happen in NK.

Things can and will get better over there, especially if we fast, pray, and prepare ourselves for the day when North Korea shall recieve the gospel.

Durzan

Re: Opening North Korea to the Gospel: Parallels between Kim Jong Un and King Lamoni

Post by Durzan »

I Durzan, herby solemnly pledge, to preach the Gospel in North Korea, should God ever call me to do so.
Who else will take up this pledge?

Who else believes that we need to fast and pray for North Korea, so that the gospel may be preached there?