Setting the stage for Russian/Syrian conflict?

For discussion of liberty, freedom, government and politics.
I'LLMAKEYAFAMOUS
captain of 100

Setting the stage for Russian/Syrian conflict?

Post by I'LLMAKEYAFAMOUS »

"As we have previously stated, the United States is in Syria to eliminate the Islamic State of Iraq and Syria," Spicer concluded. "If, however, Mr. Assad conducts another mass murder attack using chemical weapons, he and his military will pay a heavy price."

U.S. Ambassador to the United Nations Nikki Haley later said that "any further attacks done to the people of Syria will be blamed on Asaad, but also on Russia & Iran who support him killing his own people."

http://www.foxnews.com/world/2017/06/27 ... -says.html

Fiannan
Level 34 Illuminated

Re: Setting the stage for Russian/Syrian conflict?

Post by Fiannan »

Have food storage up to date?

I'LLMAKEYAFAMOUS
captain of 100

Post by I'LLMAKEYAFAMOUS »

I find this interesting since last time Russia all but insinuated that the chemical attack was perpetrated by U.S. backed rebels and then blamed it on Assad to justify the cruise missile attack. If an attack happens, whether genuinely from the Syrian regime or not, and we strike, this comes right on the heels on us shooting down the fighter jet which ruffled Russia's feathers.
Last edited by I'LLMAKEYAFAMOUS on June 27th, 2017, 5:08 am, edited 1 time in total.

Fiannan
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Fiannan »

I'LLMAKEYAFAMOUS wrote: June 27th, 2017, 2:47 am I find this interesting since last time Russia all but insinuated that the chemical attack was perpetrated by U.S. back rebels and then blamed on Assad to justify the cruise missile attack. If an attack happens, whether genuinely from the Syrian regime or not, and we strike, this comes right on the heels on us shooting down the fighter jet which ruffled Russia's feathers.
Never underestimate the power of the deep state even though President Trump would prefer to work with the Russians on destroying ISIS. We can be sure the US invested a lot of time and effort on behalf of the jihadist head choppers and losing now would not look good.