Utah Law Could Send Cyber Bullies to Prison for a Year

For discussion of liberty, freedom, government and politics.
Joel
Level 34 Illuminated

Utah Law Could Send Cyber Bullies to Prison for a Year

Post by Joel »

America has found ways imprison more people than any other country in the world, this is yet just another way

Durzan
The Lord's Trusty Maverick

Re: Utah Law Could Send Cyber Bullies to Prison for a Year

Post by Durzan »

Okay, this is honestly bull crap. First off, the law violates 1st amendment rights. Second off, such a law would be just as hard to enforce in some instances as Prohibition. Third, I suspect that it will have a similar effect to Prohibition. This is just another excuse to take away our freedoms in the name of security.

Fiannan
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Fiannan »

Durzan wrote: June 17th, 2017, 6:27 pm Okay, this is honestly bull crap. First off, the law violates 1st amendment rights. Second off, such a law would be just as hard to enforce in some instances as Prohibition. Third, I suspect that it will have a similar effect to Prohibition. This is just another excuse to take away our freedoms in the name of security.
The road to hell is paved with good intentions.

Kitkat
captain of 100

Post by Kitkat »

Durzan wrote: June 17th, 2017, 6:27 pm Okay, this is honestly bull crap. First off, the law violates 1st amendment rights. Second off, such a law would be just as hard to enforce in some instances as Prohibition. Third, I suspect that it will have a similar effect to Prohibition. This is just another excuse to take away our freedoms in the name of security.
Not only that, it would send at least HALF of the members on this forum to prison for a year. :((

Michelle
captain of 1,000

Post by Michelle »

The whole thing is insane.

First thought: We need to teach kids the old sayings like "Sticks and stones may break my bones, but words can never hurt me."

Second, I'm not defending bullying, but as I tell my kids all the time." You can only change your actions, not another persons." If your kid is being bullied online and can't handle it, get them off the computer. Why leave them there to bullied until the commit suicide? Take action. No, I don't mean prosecuting someone who is obviously wrong what they are saying, but has the right to say it anyway. ( what is wrong with the guy who keeps saying this should follow the kids AND their parents for life? How does that fix anything?)

These two men were worse than children in their reasoning.

When the bald guy said:
"Kindergarten written First Amendment" I almost turned it off. He probably considers me using an accurate description of him as bullying, but he had a weird name I forgot. Wait, is that bullying too?

Heaven help the honest man. His honesty may be crime here on out.

eddie
captain of 1,000

Post by eddie »

I'm going into the cyber bully protection program!