your thoughts on this video?

For discussion of liberty, freedom, government and politics.
DesertWonderer
captain of 1,000

Re: your thoughts on this video?

Post by DesertWonderer »

RocknRoll wrote: June 20th, 2017, 12:51 pm
DesertWonderer wrote: June 19th, 2017, 8:27 pm
RocknRoll wrote: June 19th, 2017, 2:40 pm

So, you believe all the stories in the Old Testament?

https://www.lds.org/scriptures/ot/lev/18.22
This chapter also says you shouldn’t “uncover the nakedness” of a woman during her monthly cycle. [v. 19] Do you follow and advocate for this rule?

https://www.lds.org/scriptures/ot/lev/20.13
This chapter also says if you curse your father and mother [v. 9], commit adultery [v. 10], or are a wizard [v. 27] you should be put to death. Do you believe we should be following these regulations?

God also commanded Moses to stone a man to death for picking up sticks (Numbers 15: 32-36). Sorry, but the loving God I worship would never say such a thing.

https://www.lds.org/scriptures/nt/rom/1.27
So, you’re going with Paul here? The same Paul that says “women should remain silent in the churches”? Or do you just pick and choose which teachings to follow and which to ignore?

https://www.lds.org/topics/family-procl ... g&old=true
I’ve read the The Proclamation many times. Maybe you could point out where it says homosexuality is an abomination. I can’t seem to see it.

What scripture in the Book of Mormon talks about homosexuality?
What scripture in the D&C talks about homosexuality?
What scripture in the Pearl of Great Price talks about homosexuality?

You're relying fully on the bible for your scriptural support. That same Bible that says it is ok to sell your daughter into slavery. That same Bible that says that eating shellfish is also an abomination. That same Bible that says women shouldn't wear makeup or gold jewelry. That same Bible that says sex outside of marriage is an abomination, but doesn't say anything about homosexuality within the bonds of marriage. Sorry, but the scriptures are not a reliable source to know the will of God on this subject, unless you are also willing to stone anyone wearing clothing made from two different kinds of thread.

I know you'll totally disagree with me on all points, but I just wanted to point out that there is more than one way to look at this for a believing LDS. (which I am).
So I don't put words in your mouth, please clearly state if YOU believe that homosexuality is a grievous sin or not.
I believe any sexual act outside the bounds of marriage is a sin. Is "homosexuality" the word your using for "homosexual sex"? I also acknowledge that different people have different interpretations of “sexual act”.
For some reason, I didn't think you would answer my simple question.

Sunain
captain of 1,000

Post by Sunain »

RocknRoll wrote: June 20th, 2017, 12:45 pm Homosexuality is something a person is born with. My son is gay and I assure you he is a good and decent person and is definitely not an abomination!
Homosexuality is a conscious decision and choice. This complements what apostles and prophets in the scriptures have said, what modern day prophets and apostles have said, regardless of your intent to ignore what they say.

No one here is saying your son is an abomination but in the eyes of the Lord, the sin of acting on homosexuality is. If you have studied the scriptures for that long, you would know that the Lord loves the sinner but is displeased with sin.
Gage wrote: June 20th, 2017, 7:11 am I heard that many members of this ward are upset with how the SP handled the situation and want them released. Probably just the parents but I would not be surprised if this was true. This little homosexuality thingy we got going on is going to cause a lot of persecution, a lot of falling away, a lot of sifting, and in the end a lot of destruction and devastation.
I agree. It seem the sifting is well under way. Rationalization of sin seems to be in full swing.

JustDan
captain of 100

Post by JustDan »

Sunain wrote: June 20th, 2017, 4:03 pm
It seem the sifting is well under way. Rationalization of sin seems to be in full swing.
I would concur with this opinion.

I may be over simplifying things, but it comes as no surprise to me to see that Rock n Roll is of the opinion that homosexuality is not a sin, and has a personal connection i.e. a homosexual son.

I have found that people who 'know someone' or have a family member who is homosexual are far more likely to rationalise and accept this lifestyle.

I saw it in my own parents. Several years ago, my youngest brother announced he is gay. He is not by the way, but he believes he is. He cut off all acceptance of our church (actually, he ran to the local evangelical church that is far more outspoken on homosexuality than we are). My parents were cut up, but over the years became more accepting, and now have hope that 'he will marry so he can find happiness'. See how it works? Th sin has not changed, but because of the acquaintance with the person, lds members change their standing.

Yes, it will continue and the views within the church will become more and more liberal.

See, this is the world in which we live. More and more people are choosing homosexuality. The church is no longer safe ground.

David13
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by David13 »

JustDan wrote: June 20th, 2017, 5:28 pm
It seem the sifting is well under way. Rationalization of sin seems to be in full swing.

I may be over simplifying things, but it comes as no surprise to me to see that Rock n Roll is of the opinion that homosexuality is not a sin, and has a personal connection i.e. a homosexual son.

I have found that people who 'know someone' or have a family member who is homosexual are far more likely to rationalise and accept this lifestyle.

See, this is the world in which we live. More and more people are choosing homosexuality. The church is no longer safe ground.
JustDan
I'm glad to see you post truth like that.
i had wanted to say that throughout life I have seen many people who are moral, righteous, honest, etc. Unless and until someone in their family commits whatever sin.
Then ... POOF!
Suddenly that thing is no longer wrong.
Graffiti, it's a terrible evil and vandalism. Until their son is busted for it, then, POOF!, oh, that's just street art, boys will be boys, he shouldn't have to go to court for that.
Or theft. Yes, it is wrong, immoral, etc. Until their nephew is charged with theft. Then, oh, come on, that was nothing, they should just forget about it. After all I love my nephew, my own flesh and blood more than I love my own morality.
Driving under the influence and on the wrong side of the freeway and smashing 5 cars? Oh that is horrible, a terrible thing, how could anyone condone ... etc.
Until it is their nephew, then, ... POOF! Oh, well, no one was hurt (?) it was just property, insurance will pay for it. I have to go and bail him out of jail now. Well, he is my nephew, flesh and blood, you know.

Fair weather morality, or morality for other people, not our "special" family.
dc

My father's attitude toward me, and my attitude if I had had a family would be/is, we are to be held to a higher standard than others, not a lower one.

Serragon
captain of 1,000

Post by Serragon »

David13 wrote: June 20th, 2017, 6:09 pm
JustDan wrote: June 20th, 2017, 5:28 pm

JustDan
I'm glad to see you post truth like that.
i had wanted to say that throughout life I have seen many people who are moral, righteous, honest, etc. Unless and until someone in their family commits whatever sin.
Then ... POOF!
Suddenly that thing is no longer wrong.
Graffiti, it's a terrible evil and vandalism. Until their son is busted for it, then, POOF!, oh, that's just street art, boys will be boys, he shouldn't have to go to court for that.
Or theft. Yes, it is wrong, immoral, etc. Until their nephew is charged with theft. Then, oh, come on, that was nothing, they should just forget about it. After all I love my nephew, my own flesh and blood more than I love my own morality.
Driving under the influence and on the wrong side of the freeway and smashing 5 cars? Oh that is horrible, a terrible thing, how could anyone condone ... etc.
Until it is their nephew, then, ... POOF! Oh, well, no one was hurt (?) it was just property, insurance will pay for it. I have to go and bail him out of jail now. Well, he is my nephew, flesh and blood, you know.

Fair weather morality, or morality for other people, not our "special" family.
dc
People don't want to believe that the person they love and care about is simply choosing wickedness.

It is much more comforting to believe that outside forces are responsible for the behavior. So people naturally gravitate towards the idea that "they are born that way" when it is someone they love. And the sinner loves the excuse as well. It changes the action from something sinful and immoral to something noble and heroic.

Michelle
captain of 1,000

Post by Michelle »

RocknRoll wrote: June 20th, 2017, 12:57 pm
Thank you for your well thought out post, Michelle. Believe it or not, I have studied the bible. You said " I doubt your list came from your own careful study of the Bible". Actually, most of my list came from reading the entire chapter of the scriptures that Sunain provided. I defiantly disagree on one point...I love me some bacon! :)
LOL, Glad to hear it RocknRoll. I really see the shellfish and other random laws list so often on posts defying those who believe the Bible is a source with regard to homosexuality being a sin, I assumed you got if from reading the many comment boards.

Agree to disagree then. :ymhug:

With regard to bacon, I won't lie. It smells good, it even tasted good when I ate it, but knowing what I know now. No going back. ;) lol

Also, I don't think any of the things I listed from the Law of Moses are a sin to do, even bacon eating, just part of the "laws irrevocably decreed" that carry blessing for obedience. I promise I'm not trying to "strain at gnats" as someone wrote. I have simply had health problems healed by following some of the more obscure Laws of Moses (yup, even the not mixing fabrics-only pure cotton, linen or wool for me :) ) that I love to share those blessings.

Michelle

Ezra
captain of 1,000

Post by Ezra »

RocknRoll wrote: June 20th, 2017, 12:45 pm
Sunain wrote: June 19th, 2017, 3:03 pm
RocknRoll wrote: June 19th, 2017, 2:40 pmYou're relying fully on the bible for your scriptural support. That same Bible that says it is ok to sell your daughter into slavery. That same Bible that says that eating shellfish is also an abomination. That same Bible that says women shouldn't wear makeup or gold jewelry. That same Bible that says sex outside of marriage is an abomination, but doesn't say anything about homosexuality within the bonds of marriage. Sorry, but the scriptures are not a reliable source to know the will of God on this subject

I know you'll totally disagree with me on all points, but I just wanted to point out that there is more than one way to look at this for a believing LDS. (which I am).
I'm sorry you feel that way but as a member of the Lord's church there is only one way of looking at homosexuality and that is that acting upon those tendencies is a sin. Perhaps talking with others on this forum, the missionaries, your bishop or stake president would be a wise decision to help you sort out your doctrinal issues especially the troubling idea that you don't seem to believe the Bible to be the word of God.
the Church regards “same-sex marriage as a particularly grievous or significant, serious kind of sin that requires Church discipline.”
https://www.lds.org/church/news/elder-c ... n?lang=eng
I’m sorry, but you are the one who is wrong. There most certainly is more than one way of looking at homosexuality. The church has changed its approach more than once already in the past 30 years.
Different did not say that “acting upon those tendencies is a sin”. He just said “Homosexuality is an abomination and whoredom before the father”. There is a difference and the church has acknowledged this. Homosexuality is something a person is born with. My son is gay and I assure you he is a good and decent person and is definitely not an abomination!
You seem to have gotten the idea that I am young or naive when it comes to matters of the gospel. You do not have to suggest to me that I talk to others on this forum, or anywhere else for that matter, about this issue. I have been a member of this church for over 45 years. I am a return missionary myself, I live in one of the most LDS areas in the world (Utah County). One of my best friends is my bishop, and I’ve served in a bishopric. I’ve had discussions with various bishops and stake presidents about this issue. Some have even come to me for advice. I do believe the bible is the word of God as far as it’s translated correctly. I also believe many of the things in the Old Testament, some of which I cited above, are not relatable to our present times. So, cherry picking some scripture from the OT that says a man shouldn’t “also lie with mankind...” or he “shall surely be put to death” from the same chapter that says we should stone adulterers just doesn’t fly with me.
Do you homeschool your kids?

Yahtzee
captain of 100

Post by Yahtzee »

Sunain wrote: June 20th, 2017, 4:03 pm Homosexuality is a conscious decision and choice. This complements what apostles and prophets in the scriptures have said, what modern day prophets and apostles have said, regardless of your intent to ignore what they say.
"We may not know precisely why some people feel attracted to others of the same sex, but for some it is a complex reality and part of the human experience."

Source: https://www.lds.org/topics/same-sex-attraction?lang=eng

I did a lot of theatre back in high school, so plenty of gay friends. Most of them weren't born that way, but I guarantee one if them was. It's a telestial world, things go awry.
I suspect one of my kids is gay. Still young, so we'll see what happens I guess. But that would definitely be a "born this way" thing. It doesn't matter though. The Lord's standards for singles remains the same, regardless of who they are attracted to. Wish someone had shared that with this little girl. A quick search on lds.org pulls it up pretty quickly, but why research for a prewritten testimony?

aspietroll
captain of 50

Post by aspietroll »

:ymsigh:
Robin Hood wrote: June 15th, 2017, 4:26 pm She wasn't bearing her testimony, she was reading a prepared statement.
The only thing the presiding brethren did wrong was to leave it so long before they intervened and asked her to sit down.
Prepared statement? Isn't literally every speech given ever a prepared statement?

Gage
captain of 100

Post by Gage »

aspietroll wrote: June 21st, 2017, 4:55 am :ymsigh:
Robin Hood wrote: June 15th, 2017, 4:26 pm She wasn't bearing her testimony, she was reading a prepared statement.
The only thing the presiding brethren did wrong was to leave it so long before they intervened and asked her to sit down.
Prepared statement? Isn't literally every speech given ever a prepared statement?

Not as prepared as this one. An ex member mom with a video camera and an agenda. This was a prepared, 15 minutes of fame, "let the persecution of the church begin" statement.

I'LLMAKEYAFAMOUS
captain of 100

Post by I'LLMAKEYAFAMOUS »

More and more members are trying to rationalize homosexuality as not being the abomination that we've been taught it is. It seems they do this for a few different reasons. As someone stated above, members who have loved ones dealing with this have trouble accepting their loved one (who may be a great person) is engaging in a supposed evil act.
Others seem to take the cowardly way out. They realize that to stand up for traditional morals and against the LGBT agenda is to bring upon them scorn and wrath, and they can't stand the heat. It'll only get worse. This topic and all it's implications and disputes may well prove to be the great sieve so long spoken of. I've already seen it tear amazing families apart that I would have never thought would be broken by such a thing.
I've even heard some members say they believe the Church will change their stance on it, just like they did with the Blacks and the Priesthood issue. That'll never happen.

Gage
captain of 100

Post by Gage »

So you cant see this happening?

Fifty years from now Utah Valley will be 70% hispanic, 20% white, and 10% black.

Fifty years from now The LDS Church will accept homosexuals fully, and there will even be openly gay bishops and stake presidents and perhaps at least one openly gay Apostle. The LDS Church by that time will admit that the Book of Mormon is an "inspired parable" and not literal history.

Conservatives will have by this time "split off" from the LDS Church into over 100 new churches, most led by "prophets", all claiming to be the "One True Church" and to carry on the true traditions of Mormonism. Each one of these spin-offs will continue to be anti-gay and declare that THEY are the True Church, and all others are apostates. Most conservative Mormons will join one of the over 100 spin-off churches, while the moderate and liberal Mormons (who will be the great majority at that time) will continue to belong to the LDS Church.

In fifty years the pro-gay LDS Church will retain the legal holdings, own all the temples and meeting hosues, and still be rich and powerful, and have 30 million members. Young Mormons in Seminary will be taught that Joseph Smith was "pro-gay" and gays and lesbians will be "sealed" for time and all eternity inside Mormon temples.

The spin-offs will have about 1 million members divided into 100 "churches" all claiming to be "the One True Church" and all led by "Living Prophets". Most based in Utah or Arizona or Idaho, but a few based in other countries. Africa alone will have 50 of the 100 spin-offs; all lead by black Mormon polygamist "prophets".

In fifty years the LDS Church will be pro-choice, pro-feminist, and pro-gay. Mormon women will get abortions openly. Those who preach against abortion or homosexuality will be excommunicated if they do not "repent".

In fifty years the Temple Endowment will be watered down so much as to be almost unrecognizable today; only the spin-offs having the 1850, or 1920, or 1970, or 1990, or 2005 versions. The "new" endowment will not be secret, and will re-write the Endowment Film to reflect Heavenly Mother as co-equal in the creation with Heavenly Father, and Eve as the equal to Adam, etc.

iWriteStuff
blithering blabbermouth

Post by iWriteStuff »

Gage wrote: June 21st, 2017, 7:30 am So you cant see this happening?
You lost me at gay apostles. I'm guessing you don't have much faith in the restored church of Jesus Christ? A year or so ago the gay community was up in arms because the church came out with a policy that said we won't baptize the kids of gay parents. How do you get from that to "gay apostles in 50 years"?

Look at the leadership of today, because that is who cultivates the leadership of tomorrow. There is no slackness in reproving sin. That's half the point of this video - the SP shut her down. That is what a shepherd of the flock does, and that is what they expect the membership to do. There is no embracing sin, although we will work to rehabilitate the sinner. The members you see embracing homosexuality are the members on the road to apostasy, and thus will find themselves outside of the church, not in it, 50 years from now.

Robin Hood
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Robin Hood »

Fifty years from now Utah Valley will be 70% hispanic, 20% white, and 10% black.

Fifty years from now The LDS Church will accept homosexuals fully, and there will even be openly gay bishops and stake presidents and perhaps at least one openly gay Apostle. The LDS Church by that time will admit that the Book of Mormon is an "inspired parable" and not literal history.

Conservatives will have by this time "split off" from the LDS Church into over 100 new churches, most led by "prophets", all claiming to be the "One True Church" and to carry on the true traditions of Mormonism. Each one of these spin-offs will continue to be anti-gay and declare that THEY are the True Church, and all others are apostates. Most conservative Mormons will join one of the over 100 spin-off churches, while the moderate and liberal Mormons (who will be the great majority at that time) will continue to belong to the LDS Church.

In fifty years the pro-gay LDS Church will retain the legal holdings, own all the temples and meeting hosues, and still be rich and powerful, and have 30 million members. Young Mormons in Seminary will be taught that Joseph Smith was "pro-gay" and gays and lesbians will be "sealed" for time and all eternity inside Mormon temples.

The spin-offs will have about 1 million members divided into 100 "churches" all claiming to be "the One True Church" and all led by "Living Prophets". Most based in Utah or Arizona or Idaho, but a few based in other countries. Africa alone will have 50 of the 100 spin-offs; all lead by black Mormon polygamist "prophets".

In fifty years the LDS Church will be pro-choice, pro-feminist, and pro-gay. Mormon women will get abortions openly. Those who preach against abortion or homosexuality will be excommunicated if they do not "repent".

In fifty years the Temple Endowment will be watered down so much as to be almost unrecognizable today; only the spin-offs having the 1850, or 1920, or 1970, or 1990, or 2005 versions. The "new" endowment will not be secret, and will re-write the Endowment Film to reflect Heavenly Mother as co-equal in the creation with Heavenly Father, and Eve as the equal to Adam, etc.
I won't be here 50 years from now, but you are wrong.

Gage
captain of 100

Post by Gage »

I didnt say I agreed with this. Well I do believe the 70% Hispanic part. I dont believe the Church will ever change its stance on homosexuality but I do believe most members will support it.

iWriteStuff
blithering blabbermouth

Post by iWriteStuff »

Gage wrote: June 21st, 2017, 7:59 am I didnt say I agreed with this. Well I do believe the 70% Hispanic part. I dont believe the Church will ever change its stance on homosexuality but I do believe most members will support it.
Alrighty that makes a bit more sense. I think it necessary to make a distinction between active/believing/faithful members of the church who support correct doctrine and those who are blown about by every cultural trend from TV.

As the leadership goes, I expect homosexuality to be no more acceptable in 50 years than porn or adultery. Sin is sin. We can work with repenting sinners, but we (like our Father in Heaven) cannot tolerate the least degree of wickedness. We call it for what it is and work to remedy it.

Sirocco
Praise Me!

Post by Sirocco »

I do know two gay people myself though I don't think they were born gay but went with women since both had horrible experiences with men. Both I know do like men, and they live in polyamory thing and took worthless sjw like degrees and will amount to nothing.
I mostly don't care that gays exist, while I do believe a good number of them (like transgenders) are faking for popularity- it's a big ticket item now, be oppressed!
I've seen the gay community become much more well violent and angry, despite society accepting them more, they're relentless, and want more and more.
They got to be involved in everything, every little thing (except Islam).
I've never been okay with transgender men in women's... anywhere, and even my liberal parents agree with me there.

Robin Hood
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Robin Hood »

Faithful Word Baptist Church.

LGBT = "Let God Burn Them" - Pastor Steven Anderson

AI2.0
captain of 1,000

Post by AI2.0 »

You may be right about our population being majority Hispanic, but that's to be expected if the trends continue. They are the ones having babies, not white/Americans, who either don't get married, don't have children or limit their families to two children. Hispanics ARE a remnant of Joseph and therefore, the prophecies will be fulfilled. They WILL be major players in the LDS church in the last days. Better get used to that.

As for the rest of your predictions....

Do you really believe this?

If so, you clearly don't have a testimony that this church is headed by the Lord Jesus Christ.

All I can say to you is; 'o ye of little faith' and remind you of what the Prophet Joseph Smith jr. prophesied:
“Our missionaries are going forth to different nations, and in Germany, Palestine, New Holland, Australia, the East Indies, and other places, the Standard of Truth has been erected; no unhallowed hand can stop the work from progressing; persecutions may rage, mobs may combine, armies may assemble, calumny may defame, but the truth of God will go forth boldly, nobly, and independent, till it has penetrated every continent, visited every clime, swept every country, and sounded in every ear, till the purposes of God shall be accomplished and the Great Jehovah shall say the work is done” (History of the Church, 4:540).

The Lord leads this church and he can do is 'own work'. He's not bullied by a bunch of progressive SJW idiots who are quite active right now, but he's not going to let anyone destroy what has been achieved. He's not going to let HIS church and HIS work be undermined or destroyed (and the FAMILY is a big part of his work) and if you listen carefully to those who lead our church, you will see that we are on the right path and we will not budge. If some don't stay with the church, that will be sad, but we'll continue on with the core faithful, come what may. It's only the naysayers and fools who push this faith destroying garbage that the church is not up to the task of surviving, thriving and carrying on the work for which it was restored and that it's going to cave to social, political or financial pressure. The Lord's church was restored for the last time, as the Lord reminds us several times in the the D&C, there IS no other option but to keep his church on task and moving forward to do the work it was intended for.

Don't let Satan tell you anything else, if the voices of darkness try to tell you otherwise, tell them to SHUT UP and pay them no heed.

That said, there is a place in the church for those who are same sex attraction. But they must abide by the commandments and moral teachings in our doctrine. That means celibacy, just as it does for non married LDS--because the church does not allow for same sex marriage and will not recognize it for our members.

The LDS church may need to start emphasizing that we 'seal' couples in the temple, we do not 'marry' them. That is one way to keep control of what we do in temples. We can leave the business of 'marrying' to the government, which has unfortunately usurped this sacrament from religions and now decided that they can dictate it's definition.

David13
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by David13 »

One thing to remember about those hispanics, is that they come primarily from Mexico, and primarily, like about 95% Catholic. And have a much much stronger disapproval of homosexuals than do general Americans with none of the ridiculous political correctness that now bends over backwards to appease the perverts.
So the church in future may, may be far less "accepting" of that sin.
Possible. I don't know how likely, I'm only partially good at predicting the future,
dc

Gage
captain of 100

Post by Gage »

Well one thing is for sure is that the Church and its members will take much persecution because we are told. I cant predict the future either but it seems by looking at the way things are now, a lot of that persecution will be because of the stance on homosexuality. Let a Pope change the Catholic stance on it and a few other mainstream religions change their minds and us Mormons could be singled out as "the only haters"

David13
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by David13 »

Gage wrote: June 21st, 2017, 12:01 pm Well one thing is for sure is that the Church and its members will take much persecution because we are told. I cant predict the future either but it seems by looking at the way things are now, a lot of that persecution will be because of the stance on homosexuality. Let a Pope change the Catholic stance on it and a few other mainstream religions change their minds and us Mormons could be singled out as "the only haters"
Well the Pope they have now is about as close to sanctioning it as he can get. So ...

Michelle
captain of 1,000

Post by Michelle »

AI2.0 wrote: June 21st, 2017, 10:21 am

You may be right about our population being majority Hispanic, but that's to be expected if the trends continue. They are the ones having babies, not white/Americans, who either don't get married, don't have children or limit their families to two children. Hispanics ARE a remnant of Joseph and therefore, the prophecies will be fulfilled. They WILL be major players in the LDS church in the last days. Better get used to that.

As for the rest of your predictions....

Do you really believe this?

If so, you clearly don't have a testimony that this church is headed by the Lord Jesus Christ.

All I can say to you is; 'o ye of little faith' and remind you of what the Prophet Joseph Smith jr. prophesied:
“Our missionaries are going forth to different nations, and in Germany, Palestine, New Holland, Australia, the East Indies, and other places, the Standard of Truth has been erected; no unhallowed hand can stop the work from progressing; persecutions may rage, mobs may combine, armies may assemble, calumny may defame, but the truth of God will go forth boldly, nobly, and independent, till it has penetrated every continent, visited every clime, swept every country, and sounded in every ear, till the purposes of God shall be accomplished and the Great Jehovah shall say the work is done” (History of the Church, 4:540).

The Lord leads this church and he can do is 'own work'. He's not bullied by a bunch of progressive SJW idiots who are quite active right now, but he's not going to let anyone destroy what has been achieved. He's not going to let HIS church and HIS work be undermined or destroyed (and the FAMILY is a big part of his work) and if you listen carefully to those who lead our church, you will see that we are on the right path and we will not budge. If some don't stay with the church, that will be sad, but we'll continue on with the core faithful, come what may. It's only the naysayers and fools who push this faith destroying garbage that the church is not up to the task of surviving, thriving and carrying on the work for which it was restored and that it's going to cave to social, political or financial pressure. The Lord's church was restored for the last time, as the Lord reminds us several times in the the D&C, there IS no other option but to keep his church on task and moving forward to do the work it was intended for.

Don't let Satan tell you anything else, if the voices of darkness try to tell you otherwise, tell them to SHUT UP and pay them no heed.

That said, there is a place in the church for those who are same sex attraction. But they must abide by the commandments and moral teachings in our doctrine. That means celibacy, just as it does for non married LDS--because the church does not allow for same sex marriage and will not recognize it for our members.

The LDS church may need to start emphasizing that we 'seal' couples in the temple, we do not 'marry' them. That is one way to keep control of what we do in temples. We can leave the business of 'marrying' to the government, which has unfortunately usurped this sacrament from religions and now decided that they can dictate it's definition.

I don't want to hijack this thread or change topics, so just a quick note on demographics. Latinos, like everyone else have much lower birth rates since 2007 and immigration has shifted as well.

"This slowdown has been driven by two, large demographic trends affecting the Hispanic community. Immigration, which in the 1980s and 1990s was the principal driver of Hispanic population growth, began to slow in the mid-2000s. And, in the case of Mexico, immigration has now reversed back toward Mexico since 2009. As a result, the main driver of Hispanic population growth shifted to U.S. births. But here too, change is underway: Throughout much of the early 2000s birth rates of Hispanic women ages 15 to 44 were about 95 births per 1,000 women, reaching a peak of 98.3 in 2006. However, since the onset of the Great Recession, their birth rates have declined, steadily falling to 72.1 births per 1,000 Hispanic women ages 15 to 44 in 2014."

http://www.pewhispanic.org/2016/09/08/l ... recession/

Back to the post about predictions. Demographics disagree with the post for many reasons, but more important is the fact that the single most important doctrine, an absolute truth is that exaltation=Godhood and Godhood is based on procreation. An act that can only be with the union of a man and woman. There is no room for exception here.

Doctrine and Covenants 132:17-18
7 For these angels did not abide my law; therefore, they cannot be enlarged, but remain separately and singly, without exaltation, in their saved condition, to all eternity; and from henceforth are not gods, but are angels of God forever and ever.

19: ". . .to their exaltation and glory in all things, as hath been sealed upon their heads, which glory shall be a fulness and a continuation of the seeds forever and ever."

Sirocco
Praise Me!

Post by Sirocco »

David13 wrote: June 21st, 2017, 12:03 pm
Gage wrote: June 21st, 2017, 12:01 pm Well one thing is for sure is that the Church and its members will take much persecution because we are told. I cant predict the future either but it seems by looking at the way things are now, a lot of that persecution will be because of the stance on homosexuality. Let a Pope change the Catholic stance on it and a few other mainstream religions change their minds and us Mormons could be singled out as "the only haters"
Well the Pope they have now is about as close to sanctioning it as he can get. So ...
I have no good words to say about that man, he's a moron.

passionflower
captain of 1,000

Post by passionflower »

Every race and nation is experiencing demographic winter. No, there really won't be hispanics out producing whites in Utah in the future. Those who want them to replace us will be disappointed.

The birthrate among hispanics, though higher ( in the US) than caucasions, is right now lower than it has been. And is lowering. The birth rate in Mexico is so much lower than it was 50 years ago, that we won't need to worry about illegal immigrants seeking work, as Mexico won't have any workers to spare. Even Honduras and Nigeria by the next generation will have too few young people to support the aging population.