None Dare Call It Education, John Stormer

For discussion of liberty, freedom, government and politics.
Michelle
captain of 1,000

None Dare Call It Education, John Stormer

Post by Michelle »

12 Foundational Concepts which shaped America that are being undermined by social reformers, especially in schools (page 52):
  • 1. The Sanctity of Marriage and the Family
    2. No Sex outside of Marriage
    3. The Sanctity of Life
    4. The Sanctity of Private Property
    5. If You Are Able and Don't Work, You Don't Eat
    6. There are Absolutes of Right and Wrong
    7. The Sanctity of Written and Spoken Contracts
    8. National Independence and Sovereignty
    9. Man's rights come, not from the government or a Constitution, but from God (as the Declaration of Independence declares)
    10. Order is Maintained in Society Through a System of Accountability to God's Authorities in the Family, Church and State.
    11. The possibility that I'll have to answer later even if I get away with it now
    12. There is a God, that He is the Creator, that He revealed Himself through the Old and New Testaments, that He is Sovereign over the earth and that therefore man is responsible to Him for every action and decision.

I can only imagine what he thinks today considering what he wrote about the dangers of deliberatly dumbing down of what is taught in schools and national standards, parental rights, the homosexual agenda, welfare, situational ethics, states rights, the re-writing of history, rioting, and more.

I'll share some of my favorite quotes in separate posts that we can discuss.

Michelle
captain of 1,000

Re: None Dare Call It Education, John Stormer

Post by Michelle »

I will start with this quote because I saw someone deny the other day that such an idea had ever even been proposed.

Page 127

Lamar Alexander November 1989 Kansas Education Conference

"I would think the brand new American school would be open year round-open from 6 a.m. until 6 p.m. A second characterization might be that these schools would serve children from 3 months to 18 years of age. A shocking thought to you-but if you were to do an inventory of every baby in your community and think about the needs of those babies for the next four or five years, you might see that those needs might not be served in any other way-they have to be served in some way-and maybe around the school. Or if you study a little more, you might go back to think the school might need to serve the pregnant mother of the baby in terms of prenatal care.

After making the speech, Alexander was named U.S. Secretary of Education by President George Bush."

Michelle
captain of 1,000

Post by Michelle »

I don't even know how to adequately summarize chapter 9, or pick a quote to do it justice. I speaks about, among other things, school based clinics providing health service without parental consent. This may include physical exams, mental health service, abortion services, even presciptions without parental consent.

When I first read it I thought it sounded a bit out there or maybe isolated events. Not long after that I received a postcard in the area I lived at the time informing the neighborhood that a clinic had been set up connect to a local middle school and it wasn't just for students, anybody could go there. That cleared things up.

Michelle
captain of 1,000

Post by Michelle »

Parental Rights, and example from chapter 2 page 34 that should wake anybody up:

"In Texas, Federal District Judge Melinda Harmon, perhaps emboldend by the Supreme Court's decision, ruled that . . .
'parent's give up their rights when they drop children off at public school.' "

He provides throughout the book what he calls "horrible examples" provided, with documentation,to him by state legislators, state and local school board members, teachers and other researchers. He was also a school superintendent himself.

Some are too much for me to want to post, just sickening, but you are welcome to read the book or share them in your responses if you have the book.