5 Reasons to Avoid Russian Women

For discussion of liberty, freedom, government and politics.
Fiannan
Level 34 Illuminated

5 Reasons to Avoid Russian Women

Post by Fiannan »

Beware single men:

http://russiafeed.com/5-reasons-you-sho ... ian-woman/

Just stick to overweight, entitled, Disney princess Americans.

Just to be fair though, there are other foreign women who are good marriage material as well.

passionflower
captain of 1,000

Re: 5 Reasons to Avoid Russian Women

Post by passionflower »

French women still seem to have some virtue, also, at least those who live outside the big cities. This is because they have not been infected by feminism.

I hear this is true in Germany as well.

Of course dutch girls are not usually feminists, either, with a recent article on the web claiming them to be the happiest and most contented women in the world. And the prettiest, and the best homemakers, etc etc ( I should know!ha ha)

Anyway, I sure hope this stuff about the russian women is really true. I have had a few friends living in Russian and Latvia, who both were career women, divorced, and had only one child. And this seemed to be the norm for their country.

Michelle
captain of 1,000

Post by Michelle »

Why do I feel like I got tricked into clicking on a link that is going to destroy my computer? lol

In reality, is this just propaganda or a joke? Russia is struggling with the same demographic issues as the rest of the world. That is why, like many countries they pay people to have babies, but it isn't working.

This is an older article, but *spoiler alert* it didn't work.

http://www.slate.com/articles/business/ ... _sale.html

"According to the CIA, Russia's gross domestic product per capita in 2005 was $10,700, compared with $42,000 in the United States. So giving a Russian $9,200 in cash is like giving an American $36,112. "

Silver
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Silver »

Michelle wrote: June 15th, 2017, 1:25 pm Why do I feel like I got tricked into clicking on a link that is going to destroy my computer? lol

In reality, is this just propaganda or a joke? Russia is struggling with the same demographic issues as the rest of the world. That is why, like many countries they pay people to have babies, but it isn't working.

"According to the CIA, Russia's gross domestic product per capita in 2005 was $10,700, compared with $42,000 in the United States. So giving a Russian $9,200 in cash is like giving an American $36,112. "
Oh yeah? Well, I know a Nigerian prince who will give you $100 Million if you send him your bank account number, your social security number and your date of birth.

passionflower
captain of 1,000

Post by passionflower »

Michelle wrote: June 15th, 2017, 1:25 pm Why do I feel like I got tricked into clicking on a link that is going to destroy my computer? lol

If it sounds too good to be true, it probably is.
And yes, demographic winter is happening in Russia and everywhere else for that matter ( including Africa )

And speaking of Disney Princesses, I like the old ones, Snow white, Cinderella, Sleeping Beauty, but those like Jasmine are bad. I still remember when marraige and childbearing for a woman was considered to be a solemn obligation, duty, and responsibility. Now it is somehow "elevated" to be a "choice", and Jasmine demonstrates that in the brattiest way I can imagine.

Fiannan
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Fiannan »

Oh yeah? Well, I know a Nigerian prince who will give you $100 Million if you send him your bank account number, your social security number and your date of birth.
Sounds like a plank from the new Democrat platform?

Fiannan
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Fiannan »

Brigham Young once said it is better to be one step out of hell and heading to heaven than one step out of heaven and heading to hell. I would say the USA is the latter, but it is sprinting to hell.

As for the Russian birthrate, it is increasing - hopefully it will go much higher. https://www.rbth.com/politics_and_socie ... sis_632671

Michelle
captain of 1,000

Post by Michelle »

Fiannan wrote: June 15th, 2017, 2:41 pm Brigham Young once said it is better to be one step out of hell and heading to heaven than one step out of heaven and heading to hell. I would say the USA is the latter, but it is sprinting to hell.

As for the Russian birthrate, it is increasing - hopefully it will go much higher. https://www.rbth.com/politics_and_socie ... sis_632671
It is my understanding those aren't native Russians reproducing, it is the immigrants.

gclayjr
captain of 1,000

Post by gclayjr »

Fiannan,

I hope you are right. There is a young man in our ward who just finished a mission to Russia, and last week married a Russian Woman. haven't seen her yet .

However, I can tell you that according to his family, Russia is not the Putinesque wonderful place you believe it to be. Crime and gangs run rampant, and while I am sure that that women, our former missionary married is a wonderful woman, I know that she will be glad to see Russia from the rear view mirror. This is true even though there are tremendous roadblocks to make it difficult to come here.

Regards,

George Clay

MMbelieve
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by MMbelieve »

Fiannan wrote: June 15th, 2017, 11:31 am Beware single men:

Just to be fair though, there are other foreign women who are good marriage material as well.
"Just stick to overweight, entitled, Disney Princess Americans"...

Is this really the decription of American women?

Now I'm curious what people think American men are?

Is America just a joke anymore?

I didn't read the article but i would imagine that few American men could actually handle a Russian woman.

brianj
captain of 1,000

Post by brianj »

I knew a Russian woman in a previous ward. She was a wonderful woman, a great wife and mother, and full of faith. But she warned me against Russian women. She misses home, just like any of us would even though we love our new homes. In order to help with that feeling of missing home she participated in chat groups for Russians, particularly for Russian women who had come to the US and married American men.

In those groups she observed other women coaching one another and discussing how they were setting up their husbands. Discussing what to say and do, and how to act, to make it look like they were victims of domestic violence. This was done so those women could leave their American husbands sooner, possibly get a more generous alimony, and not be deported.

I would love to marry a woman from another part of the world, who could teach me her language as she learns mine, who could teach me about her country and hopefully show me around like I show her the parts of my country that I love. But I doubt I would marry a foreigner, or even seriously consider one, without some very direct revelation instructing me to do so. I have learned that family is very important and I don't really have much family, so I hope to one day (and hopefully soon!) find a woman who has been prepared for me, and whom I have been prepared for, from a big and close knit LDS family.

BeefyRust
Hi, I'm new.

Post by BeefyRust »

MMbelieve wrote: June 15th, 2017, 6:01 pm
Fiannan wrote: June 15th, 2017, 11:31 am Beware single men:

"Just stick to overweight, entitled, Disney Princess Americans"...

Is this really the decription of American women?

Now I'm curious what people think American men are?

Is America just a joke anymore?

I didn't read the article but i would imagine that few American men could actually handle a Russian woman.
If this is how we describe the people in our country, not sure there's much we can improve on. It's sad, that is how we overgeneralize the female population in our country, no wonder the feminists are sick of such labels

Maybe just to say there's a danger in finding potential eternal partners online, would be appropriate.

True
captain of 100

Post by True »

This is propoganda and I think you have to ask yourself why was this article even written other than to get rich American men to import Russian women here. And for what purpose, I don't know. But it is not the truth other than the food part. If you want to eat gross food all the time in large quantities then you should marry a Russian woman.

My friend who is Russian is married to an American man and I am in her confidence. She tells me about all of her immigrant Russian women friends and warns me against them. She is planning on leaving her husband as soon as she can get her nursing certificate. She is always texting and visiting with other men trying to get validation from them. Mean while, I am always trying to talk her into staying with her husband. Constantly telling her that the problems she is telling me about are common problems and common differences between men and women. She thinks everything he does that she doesn't like is bc she is an immigrant and he would never treat an American wife this way. I tell her that everyone I know has the same problems.

There is something about either growing up without God or growing up in the most ceremonial church in the world (Eastern Orthadox) that is damaging. There is no other church that I have seen that does more to keep light away from the people. It is crippling. I have to watch her struggle in the dark, trapped in tradition; not willing to accept more light bc of the blood of the martyrs of her church and generations that have gone before in that darkness.

She actually is a good person but many of her friends are not. When I went to church with her, many of the Russian women openly scoffed at her bc of her generous nature and she told me that many Russian women are this way. She regularly tells me stories of Russian women that counter this article.

Wouldn't it be nice, though, if there were a magical place where dream women grew on trees? I'm sure my husband might wish that I were more perfect but I am just a human and he is just a human and we have to suffer with each other's imperfections here on this earth.

As to American princesses - it seems as though you have been hurt. I know so many good American women that it hurts my brain to even think about it. I know so many great American men that my heart swells with pride at what the gospel can do to a person. I just had to say something bc if you're seriously considering a mail order bride - 😮 Don't!!

Robin Hood
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Robin Hood »

Sign me up!
Oh wait, I'll just run it past Maid Marian first................

...... umm, for some reason she doesn't think it's a good idea; probably something to do with the language barrier.

passionflower
captain of 1,000

Post by passionflower »

I know someone, a long time bachelor nearly 40 years old, who married a Filopeno last year. Because of problems like the ones described above, such as marrying a guy in the US for alimony, child support, or just US citizenship, he has yet to get her cleared to even come into the US. The hurdles he still will have to jump through to get her here will take another year, at least. If his experience is typical ( and I have no reason to believe it isn't ), it is now rather difficult to bring a foreign bride "home". At this point, it is pretty awkward to have a marraige when you are an ocean apart.

I am foreign, and married to an american. It is common to think of such marraiges as culturally enriching for the children and for each other, but this is not really so. Like nations, one culture has to become predominant, or to some extent you have children withour a constructive usable identity in the real world. I thought it best that I mainstreamed and americanized my children. But many foreign wives will not be so accomodating, or IMO, so wise. It ends up being one world in the house, and another world outside, setting the kids up to feel different than others. Having known lots of dutch and german families here(like every one in the Salt Lake Valley!), I can say that some exceptionally strong kids come through this alright, being able to combine the best of both worlds while enriching their own families with a second culture, but most do not, and instead feel isolated and alone and like strangers in the world they live in. This is one reason for the formation of ethnic gangs. I knew a dutch guy, a tradesman, who saw no value in higher education, and had his three sons drop out of high school to learn his trade and work with him. This action may have made sense in the Netherlands during the 1920's, but not in post war america, and he would not see that. Thank goodness the sons realized they had to get a GED, which they did against their fathers' wishes. I knew a french lady who caused the ostracision of her own daughter because she would not understand or respect american modesty standards( who wanted to play with her when she would be bare chested?) They decided to feel victimized and left the church.

With a few exceptions, It really is the best idea to for frenchmen to marry frenchwomen, african men to marry african women, etc, and stay in their own countries to build Zion. You just have to think of the kids here.

It is not easy for me to be here. No matter how long I live in the US, I don't feel totally at home here. No matter what, I just don't relate with other american women all that well.

Silver
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Silver »

passionflower wrote: June 16th, 2017, 11:39 am I knew a french lady who caused the ostracision of her own daughter because she would not understand or respect american modesty standards( who wanted to play with her when she would be bare chested?)
I always make it my steadfast policy to include such women among my playmates.

passionflower
captain of 1,000

Post by passionflower »

Silver wrote: June 16th, 2017, 11:45 am
passionflower wrote: June 16th, 2017, 11:39 am I knew a french lady who caused the ostracision of her own daughter because she would not understand or respect american modesty standards( who wanted to play with her when she would be bare chested?)
Maybe they don't do that anymore, I don't know. But one summer while in college I worked at an upscale motel in a ski resort, and for a month or so a french family stayed there while getting a house built. The father was a university professor and he and his wife had a son and a daughter 10 and 12 years old and these kids went swimming everyday in the pool. And they wore identical swim suits, if you know what I mean. :))

I'm not trying to get off colored here, but belly dancers in Egypt often danced sort of topless. The reason you see bra-type tops on belly dancers now, is because no one in America would belly dance topless ( this was during the 1920's) so someone invented the next best thing, a top shaped sort of like a modern bra. Well, when the Egyptian dancers saw this, they liked it and began wearing it. But originally they didn't dance with that.

It looks like the church is really into the Muslims right now, and even a ward RS is sporting hijabs. But I won't believe the church and that RS is REALLY into the Muslims until I see them belly dancing :)) ( Syrians can dance up a storm!) People don't realize that the modesty standard for women in the middle east is sort of different on the home front than it is in public. I suggest that ward who sponsored the Ramadan dinner start classes right away! Who knows, this could really help a lot of ailing marraiges in the church>

Silver
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Silver »

passionflower wrote: June 16th, 2017, 12:09 pm
Maybe they don't do that anymore, I don't know. But one summer while in college I worked at an upscale motel in a ski resort, and for a month or so a french family stayed there while getting a house built. The father was a university professor and he and his wife had a son and a daughter 10 and 12 years old and these kids went swimming everyday in the pool. And they wore identical swim suits, if you know what I mean. :))

I'm not trying to get off colored here, but belly dancers in Egypt often danced sort of topless. The reason you see bra-type tops on belly dancers now, is because no one in America would belly dance topless ( this was during the 1920's) so someone invented the next best thing, a top shaped sort of like a modern bra. Well, when the Egyptian dancers saw this, they liked it and began wearing it. But originally they didn't dance with that.

It looks like the church is really into the Muslims right now, and even a ward RS is sporting hijabs. But I won't believe the church and that RS is REALLY into the Muslims until I see them belly dancing :)) ( Syrians can dance up a storm!) People don't realize that the modesty standard for women in the middle east is sort of different on the home front than it is in public. I suggest that ward who sponsored the Ramadan dinner start classes right away! Who knows, this could really help a lot of ailing marraiges in the church>
The son must have been so embarrassed in a bikini, no?

passionflower
captain of 1,000

Post by passionflower »

Silver wrote: June 16th, 2017, 12:21 pm
passionflower wrote: June 16th, 2017, 12:09 pm

The son must have been so embarrassed in a bikini, no?
You know exactly what I mean! :|

Fiannan
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Fiannan »

Two other things they need to stress then is full body hair removal (men and women both do this in Islam - well, secondary hair) and also a woman is never to say no when a man wants intimacy as she is placing him in danger of committing sexual sin if she refuses. Hey, maybe we need to invite Muslim women to speak to the Relief Societies.

MMbelieve
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by MMbelieve »

Fiannan wrote: June 16th, 2017, 12:59 pm
Two other things they need to stress then is full body hair removal (men and women both do this in Islam - well, secondary hair) and also a woman is never to say no when a man wants intimacy as she is placing him in danger of committing sexual sin if she refuses. Hey, maybe we need to invite Muslim women to speak to the Relief Societies.
Fiannan, no woman's sex life should matter to you outside your own wife. Be proper and respectful, your speaking about God's daughters. I sure do wish that more men in the LDS faith spoke better of women, they should have the most respect for women knowing full well they were meant to be goddesses some day.

Men want respect right?

What you said was a cheap shot and a sly remark. You think it's funny and you get a buddy to pat you on the back but it's really innapropriate. I can tell you, speaking like that will offend women and it focuses on only woman's ability to be used for sex. Women are way more and should be treated better. You don't think so, then maybe you don't listen during elders quorum lessons.

passionflower
captain of 1,000

Post by passionflower »

MMbelieve wrote: June 16th, 2017, 6:09 pm
Fiannan, no woman's sex life should matter to you outside your own wife. Be proper and respectful, your speaking about God's daughters. I sure do wish that more men in the LDS faith spoke better of women, they should have the most respect for women knowing full well they were meant to be goddesses some day.

Men want respect right?

What you said was a cheap shot and a sly remark. You think it's funny and you get a buddy to pat you on the back but it's really innapropriate. I can tell you, speaking like that will offend women and it focuses on only woman's ability to be used for sex. Women are way more and should be treated better. You don't think so, then maybe you don't listen during elders quorum lessons.
Speak for yourself.
I am pretty sure I am a woman, and not offended in the least. Go Fiannan!

brianj
captain of 1,000

Post by brianj »

MMbelieve wrote: June 16th, 2017, 6:09 pm Fiannan, no woman's sex life should matter to you outside your own wife. Be proper and respectful, your speaking about God's daughters. I sure do wish that more men in the LDS faith spoke better of women, they should have the most respect for women knowing full well they were meant to be goddesses some day.

Men want respect right?

I'm really curious. Do you react the same way when women bad mouth men? I have heard this happen a surprising number of times in church and at church activities. I have heard women mock their husbands over their desire for physical intimacy and do plenty of other things to show total contempt for their husbands and the most important thing they can do to show love to their husbands. Men are way more and should be treated better. If you don't think so, I don't know what to suggest. True respect for husbands and fathers doesn't seem to be a subject of Relief Society lessons.

Fiannan
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Fiannan »

MMbelieve wrote: June 16th, 2017, 6:09 pm

Men want respect right?

Why are you not showing more respect for the ideals of the 2nd largest faith in the world? https://islamqa.info/en/2006

I'LLMAKEYAFAMOUS
captain of 100

Post by I'LLMAKEYAFAMOUS »

brianj wrote: June 16th, 2017, 10:30 pm
MMbelieve wrote: June 16th, 2017, 6:09 pm Fiannan, no woman's sex life should matter to you outside your own wife. Be proper and respectful, your speaking about God's daughters. I sure do wish that more men in the LDS faith spoke better of women, they should have the most respect for women knowing full well they were meant to be goddesses some day.

Men want respect right?

I'm really curious. Do you react the same way when women bad mouth men? I have heard this happen a surprising number of times in church and at church activities. I have heard women mock their husbands over their desire for physical intimacy and do plenty of other things to show total contempt for their husbands and the most important thing they can do to show love to their husbands. Men are way more and should be treated better. If you don't think so, I don't know what to suggest. True respect for husbands and fathers doesn't seem to be a subject of Relief Society lessons.
Amen! There has been a problem in our culture of pandering to the women and speaking mostly of how men should treat them, when there's equal cause to counsel women on how they treat men. It's no wonder that more and more young men are postponing marriage