Solar Eclipse 2017 and 2024

For discussion of liberty, freedom, government and politics.
davedan
captain of 1,000

Solar Eclipse 2017 and 2024

Post by davedan »

http://eclipse.siu.edu/wp-content/uploa ... 7-2024.jpg

https://nationaleclipse.files.wordpress ... _20241.png

https://www.google.com/amp/s/nationalec ... years/amp/

An interesting event may have occurred at the exact intersection of the 2017 and 2024 eclipses in southern Illinois. This may be the location where King Lachoneas gathered the Nephites in the center of their land.

The southern tip of Illinois is surrounded by Mississippi on one side and the Ohio River on the other. Hopewell (Nephites) built a series of hilltop forts across the tip of the state from the banks of one river to the other.

Sunain
captain of 1,000

Re: Solar Eclipse 2017 and 2024

Post by Sunain »

Very interesting indeed. The one thing we can be sure of is in the next 7 years till the 2024 eclipse, the world will change significantly in many ways. I don't think we can even fully predict what changes happen in a decade now.

BeNotDeceived
Agent38

Post by BeNotDeceived »

Another 2000 year correlation :ymhug:

Lachoneus

According to the Book of Mormon, Lachoneus was the chief judge of the Nephites during the time of the birth of Christ, or AD 1, ... No record of his life prior to the year AD 16 exists. In this year Giddianhi, leader of the band of Gadianton robbers at the time, sent Lachoneus a letter demanding that the Nephites surrender or be destroyed. ... https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lachoneus

brianj
captain of 1,000

Post by brianj »

BeNotDeceived wrote: June 25th, 2017, 2:55 am Another 2000 year correlation :ymhug:

Lachoneus

According to the Book of Mormon, Lachoneus was the chief judge of the Nephites during the time of the birth of Christ, or AD 1, ... No record of his life prior to the year AD 16 exists. In this year Giddianhi, leader of the band of Gadianton robbers at the time, sent Lachoneus a letter demanding that the Nephites surrender or be destroyed. ... https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lachoneus
How do you get 1 AD? Most everyone I discuss it with in church is convinced that it was 1 BC, with the exception of people who aren't aware there was no year zero.

BeNotDeceived
Agent38

Post by BeNotDeceived »

brianj wrote: June 30th, 2017, 8:12 pm
BeNotDeceived wrote: June 25th, 2017, 2:55 am Another 2000 year correlation :ymhug:

Lachoneus

How do you get 1 AD? Most everyone I discuss it with in church is convinced that it was 1 BC, with the exception of people who aren't aware there was no year zero.
I don't know, it's what is on wikipedia. :)

Kinda, sorted out something similar here

Sunain
captain of 1,000

Post by Sunain »

Is it just me thinking this, but is the reason for either of these two eclipses is to be:
1. As a distraction of the world that day so that;
2. It's a way to hide the council at Adam-ondi-Ahman from the world, not that they really needed a eclipse to do that..

With a 7 year gap in between the two, I don't think that is a coincidence considering in how rare total solar eclipses are to specific regions of the world. They are signs but I don't know if we know the significance of them yet. What I do tend to believe is that we will know their significance by the time the next one rolls around in 2024.

200 million people are within just one day's drive of the solar eclipse
On Aug. 21, 2017, a total solar eclipse will be visible from coast to coast, according to NASA. It will be the first total eclipse visible only in the USA since the country was founded in 1776.

It will also be the first total solar eclipse to sweep across the entire country in 99 years, NASA says. And not since 1970 has there been an opportunity to see a total solar eclipse in such easily accessible and widespread areas of the nation.

About 200 million people are within just one day's drive of the totality zone.

Durzan
The Lord's Trusty Maverick

Post by Durzan »

Wait a minute... A total solar eclipse happened in 1776? And only the USA can see it? That detail might prove significant.

dafty
captain of 100

Post by dafty »

Durzan wrote: July 1st, 2017, 11:42 am Wait a minute... A total solar eclipse happened in 1776? And only the USA can see it? That detail might prove significant.
what have u got in mind?...if u dont mind me asking x

Sunain
captain of 1,000

Post by Sunain »

Durzan wrote: July 1st, 2017, 11:42 am Wait a minute... A total solar eclipse happened in 1776? And only the USA can see it? That detail might prove significant.
The quote was not "since" 1776. The quote was saying that this 2017 total eclipse will be the first one only visible from the USA throughout the nation's history. I do agree though that the way USA Today worded that sentence makes is seem like there was an eclipse in 1776. The only total solar eclipse for 1776 seems to go through Baja.

Edits:
The total solar eclipse of June 8, 1918 crossed the United States from Washington State to Florida. This path is roughly similar to the August 21, 2017 total solar eclipse and was the last time totality crossed the nation from the Pacific to the Atlantic.
https://www.greatamericaneclipse.com/20th-century/
The only information I could find about this total solar eclipse. I think though people in the Pacific could see the one in 1918, just before the end of WWI.
The last total solar eclipse viewed from contiguous United States was on Feb. 26, 1979 whose path passed through the northwestern U.S. states of Washington, Oregon, Idaho, Montana, North Dakota, and Canadian provinces of Saskatchewan, Manitoba, Ontario and Quebec.
https://eclipse2017.nasa.gov/when-was-l ... one-happen
The 2024 eclipse will go over some of southern Canada.
Last edited by Sunain on July 1st, 2017, 3:31 pm, edited 4 times in total.

MMbelieve
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by MMbelieve »

dafty wrote: July 1st, 2017, 11:56 am
what have u got in mind?...if u dont mind me asking x
When doing research for the blood moon thing a little bit ago, I understood the solar eclipse to symbolize a warning to the county that it occurs in.

During the blood moons, there was a Solar eclipse right in the middle and it occured on the other side of the globe. This time the Eclipse is only for the USA. It's a warning and we are right due for a warning of that nature.

Silver
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Silver »

"When the moon is in the Seventh House, And Jupiter aligns with Mars, Then peace will guide the planets, And love will steer the stars. Harmony and understanding, Sympathy and trust abounding, No more falsehoods or derisions, Golden living dreams of visions, Mystic crystal revelation, And the mind's true liberation. This is the dawning of the Age of Aquarius." (close quote)

Or...

But, behold, I say unto you that before this great day shall come the sun shall be darkened, and the moon shall be turned into blood, and the stars shall fall from heaven, and there shall be greater signs in heaven above and in the earth beneath; and there shall be weeping and wailing among the hosts of men; and there shall be a great hailstorm sent forth to destroy the crops of the earth. (D&C 29:14-16)

John Gooch
Hi, I'm new.

Post by John Gooch »

I have found, that the nearest city to the centre point of the 2017 Solar Eclipse is St Joseph. It is 100km north of the Temple Lot. St Joseph was named after Jesus' human Dad, Joseph. It has about 70,000 people. The centre point itself is also in the state of Misouri.

captainfearnot
captain of 1,000

Post by captainfearnot »

MMbelieve wrote: July 1st, 2017, 1:43 pm When doing research for the blood moon thing a little bit ago, I understood the solar eclipse to symbolize a warning to the county that it occurs in.

During the blood moons, there was a Solar eclipse right in the middle and it occured on the other side of the globe. This time the Eclipse is only for the USA. It's a warning and we are right due for a warning of that nature.
How can it be a warning when the times and locations of all eclipses have been determined since the solar system was formed? That's like saying that every Friday the 13th is a warning.

Original_Intent
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Original_Intent »

It's a 7 year period too. I wonder if that 7 years are of plenty, of famine, or no relation to either.

gardener4life
captain of 1,000

Post by gardener4life »

Silver wrote: July 1st, 2017, 2:16 pm "When the moon is in the Seventh House, And Jupiter aligns with Mars, Then peace will guide the planets, And love will steer the stars. Harmony and understanding, Sympathy and trust abounding, No more falsehoods or derisions, Golden living dreams of visions, Mystic crystal revelation, And the mind's true liberation. This is the dawning of the Age of Aquarius." (close quote)

Or...

But, behold, I say unto you that before this great day shall come the sun shall be darkened, and the moon shall be turned into blood, and the stars shall fall from heaven, and there shall be greater signs in heaven above and in the earth beneath; and there shall be weeping and wailing among the hosts of men; and there shall be a great hailstorm sent forth to destroy the crops of the earth. (D&C 29:14-16)
Hi Silver,

Um its nice of you to be friendly and participate. Let's be good friends.

However, I have to say that first quote is not a scripture. At all. I'm pretty sure it's an old rock song. Let's be careful to not confuse people.

marc
Disciple of Jesus Christ

Post by marc »

Some interesting astronomical research relating to the book of Revelation.

MMbelieve
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by MMbelieve »

captainfearnot wrote: August 13th, 2017, 11:54 am
MMbelieve wrote: July 1st, 2017, 1:43 pm When doing research for the blood moon thing a little bit ago, I understood the solar eclipse to symbolize a warning to the county that it occurs in.

How can it be a warning when the times and locations of all eclipses have been determined since the solar system was formed? That's like saying that every Friday the 13th is a warning.
There sure is a ton of questions like that...like how can I actually have agency when God already knew what I would do in every situation before I was ever born.

I have no idea. It's just what I have heard from the experts who did a ton more studying than I ever care to do on the subject.

marc
Disciple of Jesus Christ

Post by marc »

On account of God's foreknowledge of things and of mankind's nature using free agency (AND the reason for the Atonment of Jesus Christ). He literally set a clock to it. We can choose to view these signs and wonders as coincidences or as warnings that say, "I told this would happen."

Silver
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Silver »

gardener4life wrote: August 13th, 2017, 2:18 pm
Silver wrote: July 1st, 2017, 2:16 pm "When the moon is in the Seventh House, And Jupiter aligns with Mars, Then peace will guide the planets, And love will steer the stars. Harmony and understanding, Sympathy and trust abounding, No more falsehoods or derisions, Golden living dreams of visions, Mystic crystal revelation, And the mind's true liberation. This is the dawning of the Age of Aquarius." (close quote)

Or...

Hi Silver,

However, I have to say that first quote is not a scripture. At all. I'm pretty sure it's an old rock song. Let's be careful to not confuse people.
Of course it's not. It's from the old song "Aquarius." I shared those lyrics as a joke.

gardener4life
captain of 1,000

Post by gardener4life »

XD yeah it is funny actually. I guess I didn't understand what you were intending. But thinking about it that way it is funny. XD

Spider
captain of 100

Post by Spider »

So how many people will drive somewhere to see the eclipse? I wonder if the roads will be jammed and gas stations will run out of gas.

gardener4life
captain of 1,000

Post by gardener4life »

Plus it'll be really dark... and I can't imagine that Idaho has a lot of street lights all over the place.

Spaced_Out
captain of 1,000

Post by Spaced_Out »

Spider wrote: August 13th, 2017, 11:53 pm So how many people will drive somewhere to see the eclipse? I wonder if the roads will be jammed and gas stations will run out of gas.
Good time for an CME or nuclear EMP get a lot of the country stranded where they are. The chaos would be off the charts... :ymdevil: :ymdevil: :ymdevil:

Michelle
captain of 1,000

Post by Michelle »

Spider wrote: August 13th, 2017, 11:53 pm So how many people will drive somewhere to see the eclipse? I wonder if the roads will be jammed and gas stations will run out of gas.
I read that 200 million people will be within a days drive of totality. That is over half the population of the US. Not everyone will go, but I've been wondering about traffic as well.

brlenox
A sheep in wolf in sheep's clothing

Post by brlenox »

gardener4life wrote: August 13th, 2017, 2:18 pm

Or...

Hi Silver,

Oh gracious me...you must be dead panning this for humorous effect. Cause it's dang funny... =))