Good Behavior Trump Debate Thread

For discussion of liberty, freedom, government and politics.
freedomforall
Gnolaum ∞

Re: Good Behavior Trump Debate Thread

Post by freedomforall »

Riots About To Erupt After Minnesota Just Handed Full Control To Muslims To Take Down ‘Infidels’

BeNotDeceived
Agent38

Post by BeNotDeceived »

iWriteStuff wrote: June 23rd, 2017, 11:06 am Not to play Devil's Advocate too much, but I'd bet solid money (silver, even) that modern day Jihad got it's biggest kick start from Carter, Reagan and Bush more so than any other source. Ever heard of Operation Cyclone?
Operation Cyclone was the code name for the United States Central Intelligence Agency (CIA) program to arm and finance the Jihadi warriors, mujahideen, in Afghanistan from 1979 to 1989, prior to and during the military intervention by the USSR in support of its client, the Democratic Republic of Afghanistan. The program leaned heavily towards supporting militant Islamic groups that were favored by the regime of Muhammad Zia-ul-Haq in neighboring Pakistan, rather than other, less ideological Afghan resistance groups that had also been fighting the Marxist-oriented Democratic Republic of Afghanistan regime since before the Soviet intervention. Operation Cyclone was one of the longest and most expensive covert CIA operations ever undertaken; funding began with $20–$30 million per year in 1980 and rose to $630 million per year in 1987. Funding continued after 1989 as the mujahideen battled the forces of Mohammad Najibullah's PDPA during the civil war in Afghanistan (1989–1992)
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Operation_Cyclone

The Mujahideen would have been peasant camel jockeys if not for the weapons, training, and funding they received from the United States, approved and paid for by the House Intelligence Committee. We single handedly created Al Qaeda, then they turned on us. A similar situation is playing out with ISIS. First we create terrorist organizations, then we use them as a pretext to invade foreign lands and bomb Muslims left and right.

Captain Moroni this ain't.
The money would of been better spent to accelerate the development of OTEC as the answer to OPEC. Unfortunately we backed off as the Arab's kept the price of oil low enough to stymie innovation. Carter was a prime proponent being that he was a Nuclear Engineer in the Navy.

OTEC projects around the world

Today, multiple exciting new OTEC developments are picking up worldwide. To keep track of these developments, the OTEC foundation initiated a project portal providing an overview of all relevant ongoing projects. The aim is to help you gain insight into OTEC and the market.

Each project will be included in the interactive map above. The red icons represent the OTEC projects and the grey represents the Seawater Air-conditioning (SWAC) projects. Other shaped icons will be in place to represent other categories like project status (e.g. planned, consented, under construction and operational) too. ... http://www.otecnews.org/otecprojects/

Funny that the project was called CYCLONE as OTEC can also neutralize Hurricanes and Typhoons. https://planetearthandhumanity.blogspot ... canes.html

More mis-guided policy creating more cyclones versus reducing them. :ymsick:

The portal map is missing so I donated some fundage; otherwise I'll be living without AC when the SHTF. Image

freedomforall
Gnolaum ∞

Post by freedomforall »

Mosiah Hancock

[According to Brother Hancock, the Prophet Joseph Smith told him,] The United States will spend her strength and means warring in foreign lands until other nations will say, “Let’s divide up the lands of the United States,” then the people of the U.S. will unite and swear by the blood of their fore-fathers, that the land shall not be divided. Then the country will go to war, and they will fight until one half of the U.S. army will give up, and the rest will continue to struggle. They will keep on until they are very ragged and discouraged, and almost ready to give up—when the boys from the mountains will rush forth in time to save the American Army from defeat and ruin. And they will say, “Brethren, we are glad you have come; give us men, henceforth, who can talk with God.” Then you will have friends, but you will save the country when its liberty hangs by a hair, as it were. (Life Story of Mosiah Lyman Hancock, 19-20)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Anyone see a parallel here to today's issues? Our country is already divided in several ways; ie, Dems and Repubs promoting divisive programs in order to keep the public at each others throat, and Unconstitutional laws, liberals and conservatives that can't reach a happy medium, black and white racial comments and conflicts, Patriots for the Constitution and protesters everywhere against the Constitution, some even enforcing Sharia Law as proven......it's only a matter of time until all hell breaks loose.

What's happening in your town....any one?

I wish Lundbaek would come to this thread and explain what the influx of illegals does to the country as a whole. He does a much better job than I in getting the point across. So, Lundbaek, if you're out there, please come by and say a few words.
Last edited by freedomforall on June 23rd, 2017, 6:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Silver
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Silver »

Well, after a long train of scary videos we need to lighten things up a bit.

My wife was driving back from the grocery store today when a car pulled up next to her at the traffic light. She happened to look over and see that there were two young Muslims in the car next to her. The ladies were wearing head scarves and appeared Middle Eastern. Let me remind you that this was a few hours ago and it's still daylight. Let me further remind you that it's currently Ramadan.

My wife smiled when she noticed that the young ladies were eating cheese pizza. You know, during Ramadan.

Of course when I heard the story from her over dinner I smiled because if those young ladies had been caught together in Saudi Arabia driving a car without a male member of their household with them, they would have been dragged from their car by the Mutaween and beaten to within an inch of their lives. This is what happens in a place run by a bunch of inbred tyrants.

Of course, the supporters of Trump need to turn on their amnesia shields when a story like this arises because their guy, Mr. Trump, just agreed to sell the House of Saud a bunch more weapons further implicating himself in murder. Oh yeah, he's a murderer no matter how the other guys like to spin it.

iWriteStuff
blithering blabbermouth

Post by iWriteStuff »

Goodness, did YouTube get violently ill and throw up all over the thread?

Somebody go find some Pepto!

larsenb
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by larsenb »

Silver wrote: June 23rd, 2017, 6:22 pm Well, after a long train of scary videos we need to lighten things up a bit.

My wife was driving back from the grocery store today when a car pulled up next to her at the traffic light. She happened to look over and see that there were two young Muslims in the car next to her. The ladies were wearing head scarves and appeared Middle Eastern. Let me remind you that this was a few hours ago and it's still daylight. Let me further remind you that it's currently Ramadan.

My wife smiled when she noticed that the young ladies were eating cheese pizza. You know, during Ramadan.

Of course when I heard the story from her over dinner I smiled because if those young ladies had been caught together in Saudi Arabia driving a car without a male member of their household with them, they would have been dragged from their car by the Mutaween and beaten to within an inch of their lives. This is what happens in a place run by a bunch of inbred tyrants.

Of course, the supporters of Trump need to turn on their amnesia shields when a story like this arises because their guy, Mr. Trump, just agreed to sell the House of Saud a bunch more weapons further implicating himself in murder. Oh yeah, he's a murderer no matter how the other guys like to spin it.
Now that was a friendly gesture your wife made, but they could have construed it as a 'gotcha', and been quite embarrassed and even angry with her. Do you think her seeing this means we should accept more 'refugees' into the country? Other questions arise: if the two women had been in the back seat and the car was driven by a young male, would your wife smile at him for eating pizza?

What's clear with your reportage is how obsessed you are w/your Trump=murderer theme.

eddie
captain of 1,000

Post by eddie »

Silver wrote: June 23rd, 2017, 6:22 pm Well, after a long train of scary videos we need to lighten things up a bit.
oh now you want positivity? Hahahaha!

My wife smiled I have no doubt she must be a patient personwhen she noticed that the young ladies were eating cheese pizza. You know, during Ramadan.

And so are you Silver, having no regard for human life unless it fits your agenda. Never mentioning the children who we attacked with chemicals and died a slow death. When have you mentioned Assad and the attributes he has committed, you are a murderer and a liar.

larsenb
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by larsenb »

eddie wrote: June 23rd, 2017, 6:59 pm . . . .

. . .. . And so are you Silver, having no regard for human life unless it fits your agenda. Never mentioning the children who we attacked with chemicals and died a slow death. When have you mentioned Assad and the attributes he has committed, you are a murderer and a liar.[/color]
I've seen convincing evidence and reasoning disputing the idea the Assad had anything to do with the chemical attacks he is accused of (2013 and this year). Recently, a Democratic Congresswoman went to Aleppo to see if the anti-Assad reports coming from there were true . . . reports coming mainly from the Left-leaning MSM.

She discovered quite the opposite, and completely revamped her view of Assad and all the accusations against him. Does that mean Assad has clean hands? Probably not. But I think you have to be very cautious about all the accusations flying around, especially those coming from our MSM press.

freedomforall
Gnolaum ∞

Post by freedomforall »

May the Bird of Paradise Fly Up your nose.

Elizabeth
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Elizabeth »

If they identify as Muslim they are obliged to support Sharia. If they do not, then they cannot honestly identify as Muslim and should revoke their ties with Islam and not pretend.
Silver wrote: June 23rd, 2017, 6:22 pm I smiled because if those young ladies had been caught together in Saudi Arabia driving a car without a male member of their household with them, they would have been dragged from their car by the Mutaween and beaten to within an inch of their lives."

Silver
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Silver »

eddie wrote: June 23rd, 2017, 6:59 pm

My wife smiled I have no doubt she must be a patient personwhen she noticed that the young ladies were eating cheese pizza. You know, during Ramadan.

And so are you Silver, having no regard for human life unless it fits your agenda. Never mentioning the children who we attacked with chemicals and died a slow death. When have you mentioned Assad and the attributes he has committed, you are a murderer and a liar.
eddie, just called me "a murderer and a liar." That kind of silliness will get this thread locked so I want to go on record to let the powers that be know his vacuous post doesn't bother me in the least. Let the good times roll! I mean even larsen has to school eddie on the Assad/chemical weapons fable that eddie swallowed hook, line and sinker.

Silver
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Silver »

larsenb wrote: June 23rd, 2017, 6:45 pm

Now that was a friendly gesture your wife made, but they could have construed it as a 'gotcha', and been quite embarrassed and even angry with her. Do you think her seeing this means we should accept more 'refugees' into the country? Other questions arise: if the two women had been in the back seat and the car was driven by a young male, would your wife smile at him for eating pizza?

What's clear with your reportage is how obsessed you are w/your Trump=murderer theme.
You need to watch your assumptions, larsen. My wife and the young ladies never made eye contact. Those young ladies were observed without being aware of it. There was no gotcha. There was no leering. You would have to know my wife, but she's not like that.

I'll tell you though who is like what. Donald Trump, that's who. He's selling weapons to those choir boys in Saudi Arabia who will use them for killing more brown people. I'm so proud to be an American.

Silver
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Silver »

Elizabeth wrote: June 23rd, 2017, 7:41 pm If they identify as Muslim they are obliged to support Sharia. If they do not, then they cannot honestly identify as Muslim and should revoke their ties with Islam and not pretend.
Silver wrote: June 23rd, 2017, 6:22 pm I smiled because if those young ladies had been caught together in Saudi Arabia driving a car without a male member of their household with them, they would have been dragged from their car by the Mutaween and beaten to within an inch of their lives."
I don't follow. Are you saying that you're now going to kindly greet every Muslim you meet on the chance that they're ready to renounce Islam and that you will, as commanded by the Lord, stand ready with open arms to show an outpouring of love to them? Is that it?

eddie
captain of 1,000

Post by eddie »

Silver wrote: June 23rd, 2017, 9:17 pm

eddie, just called me "a murderer and a liar." That kind of silliness will get this thread locked so I want to go on record to let the powers that be know his vacuous post doesn't bother me in the least. Let the good times roll! I mean even larsen has to school eddie on the Assad/chemical weapons fable that eddie swallowed hook, line and sinker.
What's wrong Silvie, you don't like the names you call being returned. If those names were going or will lock this thread, it's your fault. You are also a bully and a liar and murderer.

Silver
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Silver »

eddie wrote: June 23rd, 2017, 9:32 pm
Silver wrote: June 23rd, 2017, 9:17 pm

What's wrong Silvie, you don't like the names you call being returned. If those names were going or will lock this thread, it's your fault. You are also a bully and a liar and murderer.
eddie, I specifically wrote that the names you used didn't bother me. So far, the only person called "murderer" has been Trump. The moderators haven't shut the thread down over that. Now that you've called me one, I am concerned that they might decide the thread has gone too far. I like the banter so I am hoping they keep it open.

larsenb
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by larsenb »

Silver wrote: June 23rd, 2017, 9:22 pm

You need to watch your assumptions, larsen. My wife and the young ladies never made eye contact. Those young ladies were observed without being aware of it. There was no gotcha. There was no leering. You would have to know my wife, but she's not like that.

I'll tell you though who is like what. Donald Trump, that's who. He's selling weapons to those choir boys in Saudi Arabia who will use them for killing more brown people. I'm so proud to be an American.
Still stuck in your bifurcated view of the Trump matter. At least you're predictable.

We all make innocuous assumptions that are not necessarily warranted. You're making some enormous assumptions regarding Trump. Don't you recognize that? Listen to his wonderful (for the most part) speech to a large, crowded arena in Cedar Rapids, Iowa: https://youtu.be/YJ8klgo4uaM

eddie
captain of 1,000

Post by eddie »

Then tone it down, stop purposefully working forum members up with your name calling.

Silver
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Silver »

eddie wrote: June 23rd, 2017, 9:48 pm Then tone it down, stop purposefully working forum members up with your name calling.
I am calling the modern-day Gadiantons murderers. When that is done in the Book of Mormon, nobody here has a problem with it. That seems strange to me.

Silver
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Silver »

larsenb wrote: June 23rd, 2017, 9:44 pm
Silver wrote: June 23rd, 2017, 9:22 pm

Still stuck in your bifurcated view of the Trump matter. At least you're predictable.

We all make innocuous assumptions that are not necessarily warranted. You're making some enormous assumptions regarding Trump. Don't you recognize that? Listen to his wonderful (for the most part) speech to a large, crowded arena in Cedar Rapids, Iowa: https://youtu.be/YJ8klgo4uaM
It's not much of a prediction on your part when I announced here that I would not relent until every Trump supporter abandons him. That plan of mine hasn't changed. As I find good material I share it. Read it or don't. Comment or don't.

Did Trump sell weapons to the Saudis or not? Are the tyrants of that country godless killers or not? Would a person of average intelligence know that the weapons would be used to kill more innocent people or not? Oh, yeah, Trump's a murderer alright.

iWriteStuff
blithering blabbermouth

Post by iWriteStuff »

Silver wrote: June 23rd, 2017, 9:55 pm It's not much of a prediction on your part when I announced here that I would not relent until every Trump supporter abandons him. That plan of mine hasn't changed. As I find good material I share it. Read it or don't. Comment or don't.
I think we've reached the phase where the willfully entrenched are bound to stay there, venturing out only to attack the messenger rather than the message.... Half of them don't even bother to read it before slandering now. It's pretty amazing, really.

Hope everyone has a great weekend! O:-)

Silver
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Silver »

Saudi Arabia vs. Qatar. If it's war then Goldman Sachs is happy to finance it. If the tyrants want more weapons, Trump is happy to oblige. If it's sackcloth and ashes America wants, sackcloth and ashes we'll get. I see no way back from the abyss at this point.

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2017-06-2 ... ar-looming

Saudi Hypocrisy: The Great Gas War Is Looming

by Tyler Durden
Jun 23, 2017 7:45 PM
Authored by Golem XIV

Astonishing hypocrisy! Saudi and its affiliates demand end to support of terrorism while they themselves are some of its largest funders.

Their list of demands, as reported in the Guardian, should be translated as:

1) Curb ties with Iran = No talking to Shia Muslims.

2) Sever all ties to terror organisations = Declare Muslim Brotherhood terrorists who we find threatening internally and only Saudi should decide which terror organisations get funded. Not you

3) Shut down al-Jazeera = We don’t allow press freedom you can’t have it either. Especially one that criticises us. Shut down what is, for all its significant faults, one of the best media outlets in the world.

4) Shut down all other media Qatar funds = Only Saudi propaganda allowed. al-Jazeera was far too willing to report government repression during the Arab Spring. So close down all non Saudi controlled media.

5) Close down Turkish military bases in Qatar = Qatar isn’t allowed its own diplomatic sovereignty.

6) Stop funding anyone Saudi calls a terrorist = Stop funding anyone who opposes Saudi or other undemocratic regimes in the ME. No democratic dissent allowed.

7) Handover terrorist figure = Hand over to us all dissidents we want to imprison or behead.

8) Stop interfering in other countries affairs = Hand over people we don’t like that have taken refuge in Qatar. We do the interfering (see this list of demands) not you.

9 -12) Make yourself a vassal state of Saudi, pay us money, let us control your treasury and foreign policy and agree to all this NOW. Or else, Saudi, its minions, the US and Israel will try to paint you as part of a new axis of evil.
Oh and by the way oil rules! Not the gas you and Iran want to sell!

The Great Gas War is gathering towards a major escalation.

Note the purple line which traces the proposed Qatar-Turkey natural gas pipeline and note that all of the countries highlighted in red are part of a new coalition hastily put together after Turkey finally (in exchange for NATO’s acquiescence on Erdogan’s politically-motivated war with the PKK) agreed to allow the US to fly combat missions against ISIS targets from Incirlik. Now note which country along the purple line is not highlighted in red. That’s because Bashar al-Assad didn’t support the pipeline and now we’re seeing what happens when you’re a Mid-East strongman and you decide not to support something the US and Saudi Arabia want to get done.

The Northern Front in Ukraine has gone quiet. Or at least unreported. But its Southern Front from Syria to Yemen, Turkey to Iran is hotting up.

eddie
captain of 1,000

Post by eddie »

iWriteStuff wrote: June 23rd, 2017, 10:34 pm
Silver wrote: June 23rd, 2017, 9:55 pm It's not much of a prediction on your part when I announced here that I would not relent until every Trump supporter abandons him. That plan of mine hasn't changed. As I find good material I share it. Read it or don't. Comment or don't.
I think we've reached the phase where the willfully entrenched are bound to stay there, venturing out only to attack the messenger rather than the message.... Half of them don't even bother to read it before slandering now. It's pretty amazing, really

everyone has a great weekend! O:-)
Wait, I thought you agreed with Silvie? Willfully entrenched is right, I don't understand stubborn people having never been that way myself.

How bout we make a deal IW? I will stop commenting on this thread if you do? And I will happily buy you a cheeseburger Tuesday.

freedomforall
Gnolaum ∞

Post by freedomforall »

iWriteStuff wrote: June 23rd, 2017, 10:34 pm
I think we've reached the phase where the willfully entrenched are bound to stay there, venturing out only to attack the messenger rather than the message.... Half of them don't even bother to read it before slandering now. It's pretty amazing, really.

Hope everyone has a great weekend! O:-)
Didn't you just described Silver to the T? Thanks. I think it falls under the heading...egocentrism, or being acutely, self-centered. One who has to have their way at any cost, whether by temper tantrums, compulsion or wearing down defenses of the other party until they give in to incessant prodding.

Did not Silver exclaim "my purpose here." which corroborates the signs of being self-centered?
And he said here: "I announced here that I would not relent until every Trump supporter abandons him." Doesn't this sound a lot like solid proof of his intent and a desire to serve himself, as if the thoughts of others mean absolutely nothing, unless they match his paradigm?
Doesn't "I would not relent UNTIL ....say volumes?

Silver
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Silver »

Trump promised to do something to ISIS before the election and his warmonger supporters cheered him on. Here's the rest of the story. Talk about conflicted. Plus $20 trillion in debt. Even if it were a good thing to kill innocent people in Syria (it's not!) while pretending to wipe out ISIS, we can't afford it. But warmongers never think about the cost to future generations, do they?

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2017-06-2 ... isis-syria

Everything You're Not Being Told About The US War Against ISIS In Syria

by Tyler Durden
Jun 23, 2017 3:30 AM
Authored by Darius Shatahmasebi via TheAntiMedia.org,

It’s time to have a sane discussion regarding what is going on in Syria. Things have escalated exponentially over the past month or so, and they continue to escalate. The U.S. just shot down yet another Iranian-made drone within Syrian territory on Tuesday, even as authorities insist they “do not seek conflict with any party in Syria other than ISIS.”

Col. Ryan Dillon, chief U.S. military spokesman in Baghdad, seemed to indicate that the coalition would avoid escalating the conflict following Russia’s warning that it will now treat American aircraft as potential targets. He stated:

“As a result of recent encounters involving pro-Syrian regime and Russian forces, we have taken prudent measures to reposition aircraft over Syria so as to continue targeting ISIS forces while ensuring the safety of our aircrews given known threats in the battlespace.”
So what is really going on in Syria? Is the U.S. actually seeking an all-out confrontation with Syria, Iran, and Russia?

The first thing to note is that a policy switch under the Trump administration has seen the U.S. rely heavily on Kurdish fighters on the ground as opposed to the radical Gulf-state backed Islamist rebels, which the U.S. and its allies had been using in their proxy war for over half a decade. Even the Obama administration designated the Kurds the most effective fighting force against ISIS and partnered with them from time to time, but Turkey’s decision to directly strike these fighters complicates the matter to this day.

Further muddling the situation is the fact that the U.S. wants the Kurds to claim key Syrian cities after ISIS is defeated, including Raqqa. However, the reason this complicates matters is that, as Joshua Landis, head of the Middle Eastern Studies Center at the University of Oklahoma explains, the Kurds have “no money” nor do they have an air force.

“[T]hey’ll be entirely dependent on the US Air Force from now to eternity, and the United States will be stuck in a quagmire, defending a new Kurdish state that America had partnered with to defeat [ISIL],” Landis said, as reported by Quartz.
So what has the U.S. proposed as a solution to this perpetual dilemma? To put it simply, the U.S. is not only training the so-called Syrian Democratic Forces (SDF) to retain the vitally strategic border crossing area of al-Tanf, which, if owned and operated by the Syrian government, could link Iran to Syria, Iraq, and right through to Hezbollah in Lebanon (incidentally, al-Tanf is the latest instance of the U.S. shooting down an Iranian-made drone took place). The U.S. is now also backing these Kurdish fighters to retake an area known as Deir ez-Zor.

The Syrian government retains an isolated outpost at Deir ez-Zor, and the region is almost completely encircled by ISIS fighters. Just last week, a video emerged of convoys of ISIS fighters fleeing the war in Raqqa unscathed. Anti-Media speculated that these fighters were most likely headed towards Deir ez-Zor as they have done in the past, and this area is now widely regarded to be the scene of ISIS’ last stand in Syria.

The U.S. needs a strong ISIS presence in Deir ez-Zor to justify an offensive to retake the city, especially considering the fact that Syrian government troops are already present there. This is why the U.S. delivered airstrikes to stop government forces from repelling ISIS fighters in an air raid in September of last year that reportedly lasted well over an hour and killed over 60 government troops.

Deir ez-Zor is immensely important because it is home to Syria’s largest oil fields. As Quartz explains, according to Landis, America’s strategy is “for the Kurdish forces to take Deir al-Zour, the major regional city and the hub for its oil fields. That way, the Kurds would be able to afford to buy airplanes from the US, rather than require Washington to give them for free.”

As Iranian-backed militiamen — supported by Iranian-made drones — amass upon a U.S. training base in al-Tanf, it is becoming increasingly clear that the Syrian government and its allies will not want to cede strategic territory to the U.S. without a fight. At the very least, Iran intends to encircle al-Tanf and cut the U.S. off from the rest of Syria, rendering the base useless for America’s goals in the country.

However, Deir ez-Zor is where things could potentially get more heated than they already are between the U.S. and the pro-Assad alliance in al-Tanf and Raqqa.

Russia, a staunch ally of Iran and Syria, is already bombing the areas around Deir ez-Zor in full preparation for this battle. According to the Independent, Russia just claimed it killed around 180 ISIS militants and two prominent commanders, Abu Omar al-Belijiki and Abu Yassin al-Masri, very close to ISIS’ stronghold in Deir ez-Zor.

Iran launched a mid-range ballistic missile attack on a position in Deir ez-Zor over the weekend, as well. According to Military Times, Iranian officials said the purpose of the strike was to send a message to the United States and Saudi Arabia and have warned of more strikes to come, with former Guard chief Gen. Mohsen Rezai — an Iranian politician — stating “[t]he bigger slap is yet to come.”

Landis believes these recent escalations only mark a “gnashing of teeth and growling” between the Russians and the Americans and that both powers are merely working out where the new boundaries will fall between American-backed forces and Syrian government forces.

But there is a crucial difference between the Russian-led campaigns and the American-led campaigns within Syria: Russia was invited by the Syrian government and is not clearly not attempting to invade Syria in the traditional sense of the word, as they are relying on local troops to retake the territory that still belongs to the Syrian government. In contrast, the United States has invaded Syrian territory without authorization from Congress or the international community and has partnered with incredibly controversial militias on the ground to claim Syrian territory, further partitioning the country and over-complicating an already convoluted battle arena.

And what will happen if Syria decides that the oil-hub area of Deir ez-Zor is too important to allow the U.S.-backed forces to take it away from them? The fact that Russia and Iran are already bombing this area speaks volumes as to its strategic value, and it seems increasingly unlikely that the pro-Assad alliance will give up the location freely.

Further, having complete control of Deir ez-Zor without opening up the al-Tanf border to Syrian government control would make the liberation of Deir ez-Zor almost meaningless to Syria and its allies, as Deir ez-Zor would be cut off from the rest of Syria. The two offensives go hand in hand, and this is exactly why we see the war escalating rapidly on these two fronts.

Not to mention, Syrian Member of Parliament Ammar al-Asad reportedly just told Russian state-owned Sputnik that the Syrian army will respond to America’s provocative actions by conducting “massive strikes” on positions held by American-backed militants.

An optimist would view the recent developments in the humanitarian disaster that is the so-called Syrian revolution with the hope that the U.S., Iran, and Russia are merely muscle-flexing inside Syria in an attempt to control as much of the country as realistically possible following the downfall of ISIS – and will eventually settle amicably on a drawing of Syria’s new boundaries.

A pessimist might not be so hopeful, as Iran and China held naval drills in the Strait of Hormuz just days after Secretary of State Rex Tillerson admitted the U.S. is officially targeting Iran for a regime change operation.

Silver
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Silver »

Hey, kiddos, I wonder what our Best Friend Forever has been doing lately. Yep, stirring up trouble again, but warmongers love it. They just love it. Gee, dyathink the Trump administration is aware of this?

https://www.wsj.com/articles/israel-giv ... 1497813430

Israel Gives Secret Aid to Syrian Rebels
Fighters near Golan Heights in Syria receive cash and humanitarian help
By Rory Jones in Tel Aviv, Noam Raydan in Beirut and Suha Ma’ayeh in Amman, Jordan
June 18, 2017 3:17 p.m. ET

Israel has been regularly supplying Syrian rebels near its border with cash as well as food, fuel and medical supplies for years, a secret engagement in the enemy country’s civil war aimed at carving out a buffer zone populated by friendly forces.

The Israeli army is in regular communication with rebel groups and its assistance includes undisclosed payments to commanders that help pay salaries of fighters and buy ammunition and weapons, according to interviews with about half a dozen Syrian fighters.