Good Behavior Trump Debate Thread

For discussion of liberty, freedom, government and politics.
iWriteStuff
blithering blabbermouth

Re: Good Behavior Trump Debate Thread

Post by iWriteStuff »

Not to play Devil's Advocate too much, but I'd bet solid money (silver, even) that modern day Jihad got it's biggest kick start from Carter, Reagan and Bush more so than any other source. Ever heard of Operation Cyclone?
Operation Cyclone was the code name for the United States Central Intelligence Agency (CIA) program to arm and finance the Jihadi warriors, mujahideen, in Afghanistan from 1979 to 1989, prior to and during the military intervention by the USSR in support of its client, the Democratic Republic of Afghanistan. The program leaned heavily towards supporting militant Islamic groups that were favored by the regime of Muhammad Zia-ul-Haq in neighboring Pakistan, rather than other, less ideological Afghan resistance groups that had also been fighting the Marxist-oriented Democratic Republic of Afghanistan regime since before the Soviet intervention. Operation Cyclone was one of the longest and most expensive covert CIA operations ever undertaken; funding began with $20–$30 million per year in 1980 and rose to $630 million per year in 1987. Funding continued after 1989 as the mujahideen battled the forces of Mohammad Najibullah's PDPA during the civil war in Afghanistan (1989–1992)
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Operation_Cyclone

The Mujahideen would have been peasant camel jockeys if not for the weapons, training, and funding they received from the United States, approved and paid for by the House Intelligence Committee. We single handedly created Al Qaeda, then they turned on us. A similar situation is playing out with ISIS. First we create terrorist organizations, then we use them as a pretext to invade foreign lands and bomb Muslims left and right.

Captain Moroni this ain't.

freedomforall
Gnolaum ∞

Post by freedomforall »

iWriteStuff wrote: June 23rd, 2017, 11:06 am Not to play Devil's Advocate too much, but I'd bet solid money (silver, even) that modern day Jihad got it's biggest kick start from Carter, Reagan and Bush more so than any other source. Ever heard of Operation Cyclone?
Operation Cyclone was the code name for the United States Central Intelligence Agency (CIA) program to arm and finance the Jihadi warriors, mujahideen, in Afghanistan from 1979 to 1989, prior to and during the military intervention by the USSR in support of its client, the Democratic Republic of Afghanistan. The program leaned heavily towards supporting militant Islamic groups that were favored by the regime of Muhammad Zia-ul-Haq in neighboring Pakistan, rather than other, less ideological Afghan resistance groups that had also been fighting the Marxist-oriented Democratic Republic of Afghanistan regime since before the Soviet intervention. Operation Cyclone was one of the longest and most expensive covert CIA operations ever undertaken; funding began with $20–$30 million per year in 1980 and rose to $630 million per year in 1987. Funding continued after 1989 as the mujahideen battled the forces of Mohammad Najibullah's PDPA during the civil war in Afghanistan (1989–1992)

The Mujahideen would have been peasant camel jockeys if not for the weapons, training, and funding they received from the United States, approved and paid for by the House Intelligence Committee. We single handedly created Al Qaeda, then they turned on us. A similar situation is playing out with ISIS. First we create terrorist organizations, then we use them as a pretext to invade foreign lands and bomb Muslims left and right.

We're not talking about how one is killed, rather, the premise is whether or not the killing of another human being during battle is a sin, irrespective of whose fault it is, in other words, who it was that started the conflict in the first place.

Back in the day, young men had no choice but to go into the military and be indoctrinated on how to kill. Consequently 50,000 troops were trained to kill and lost their lives, killed in Vietnam for nothing, and our Government laughed all the way to the bank. Meanwhile, our troops fought in a conflict that was doomed to fail, and Americans killed countless Vietnamese, among others) in the process. So don't tell me about Trump.
Americans killed countless Japanese and Germans, among others, men, women and children slaughtered so our Government officials could fatten their wallets. So don't tell me about Trump.
Why do you think Pearl Harbor was void of any real defense, so easy to destroy? Was it a sucker punch...............or something else?
Last edited by freedomforall on June 23rd, 2017, 11:46 am, edited 1 time in total.

Silver
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Silver »

freedomforall wrote: June 23rd, 2017, 11:36 am
iWriteStuff wrote: June 23rd, 2017, 11:06 am Not to play Devil's Advocate too much, but I'd bet solid money (silver, even) that modern day Jihad got it's biggest kick start from Carter, Reagan and Bush more so than any other source. Ever heard of Operation Cyclone?

We're not talking about how one is killed, rather, the premise is whether or not the killing of another human being during battle is a sin, irrespective of whose fault it is, in other words, who it was that started the conflict in the first place.

Back in the day, young men had no choice but to go into the military and be indoctrinated on how to kill. Consequently 50,000 troops were trained to kill and lost their lives, killed in Vietnam for nothing, and our Government laughed all the way to the bank. Meanwhile, our troops fought in a conflict that was doomed to fail, and Americans killed countless Vietnamese, among others) in the process. So don't tell me about Trump.
Americans killed countless Japanese and Germans, among others, men, women and children slaughtered so our Government officials could fatten their wallets. So don't tell me about Trump.
Why do you think Pearl Harbor was void of any real defense, so easy to destroy?
FFA, I'm really starting to doubt that you're reading the posts other than your own. I have already said twice that the guys in the trenches are not the ones who are guilty of the deaths which occur during war.

Your jump to "So don't tel me about Trump." is difficult to understand. If the grunts aren't culpable, who is?

Silver
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Silver »

Brandon Smith said before the election that the central banks would crash the economy during Trump's presidency. (It's not because they don't like Trump. Of course he's a Gadianton murderer so they love him. It's because they want to destroy forever the reliance of people on conservative principles. After Trump, they will always be able to point at him and say, "See? He did it. Those conservatives did it.) Trump is a narcissist so he will vacate the office of the presidency early with some excuse to be sure.

We're getting closer. I hope you're not allowing normalcy bias prevent you from getting ready.

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2017-06-2 ... -last-week

Dear Market, I Think Janet Yellen Broke Up With You Last Week

Jun 23, 2017 2:00 PM
Authored by Ben Hunt via Epsilon Theory blog,

Let’s review, shall we? Last fall, the Fed floated the trial balloon that they were thinking about ways to shrink their balance sheet. All very preliminary, of course, maybe years in the future. Then they started talking about doing this in 2018. Then they started talking about doing this maybe at the end of 2017. Two days ago, Yellen announced exactly how they intended to roll off trillions of dollars from the portfolio, and said that they would be starting “relatively soon”, which the market is taking to be September but could be as early as July.

Now what has happened in the real world to accelerate the Fed’s tightening agenda, and more to the point, a specific form of tightening that impacts markets more directly than any sort of interest rate hike? Did some sort of inflationary or stimulative fiscal policy emerge from the Trump-cleared DC swamp <sarc>? Umm … no. Was the real economy off to the races with sharp increases in CPI, consumer spending, and other measures of inflationary pressures? Umm … no. On the contrary, in fact.

Two things and two things only have changed in the real world since last fall. First, Donald Trump — a man every Fed Governor dislikes and mistrusts — is in the White House. Second, the job market has heated up to the point where it is — Yellen’s words — close to being unstable, and is — Yellen’s words — inevitably going to heat up still further.

What has happened (and apologies for the ten dollar words) is that the Fed’s reaction function has flipped 180 degrees since the Trump election. Today the Fed is looking for excuses to tighten monetary policy, not excuses to weaken. So long as the unemployment rate is on the cusp of “instability”, that’s the only thing that really matters to the Fed (for reasons discussed below). Every other data point, including a market sell-off or a flat yield curve or a bad CPI number — data points that used to be front and center in Fed thinking — is now in the backseat.

I’m not the only one saying this about the Fed’s reaction function. Far more influential Missionaries than me, people like Jeff Gundlach and Mohamed El-Erian, are saying the same thing. If you think that this Fed still has your back, Mr. Investor, the way they had your back in 2009 and 2010 and 2011 and 2012 and 2013 and 2014 and 2015 and 2016 … well, I think you are mistaken. I think Janet Yellen broke up with you this week.

The Fed is tightening, and they’re not going to stop tightening just because the stock market goes down 5% or 10% or (maybe) even 20%. Bigger game than propping up market prices is afoot, namely consolidating a reputation as a prudent central banker before the inevitable Trump purge occurs, and consolidating that reputation means keeping the evilest of all evil genies — wage inflation — firmly stoppered inside its bottle.

Let’s be clear, not all inflation is created equal. Financial asset price inflation? Woo-hoo! Well done, Mr. or Mrs. Central Banker. That’s what we’re talkin’ about! Price inflation in goods and services? Hmm … a mixed bag, really, particularly when input price inflation can’t be passed through and crimps corporate earnings. But we can change the way we measure all this stuff and create a narrative around the remaining inflation being a sign of robust growth and all that. So no real harm done, Mr. or Mrs. Central Banker.

Wage inflation, though … ahem … surely you must be joking, Mr. or Mrs. Central Banker. How does that possibly advance economic efficiency and social utility? I mean, even a first year grad student can prove with mathematical certainty that wage inflation only sparks a wage-price spiral where everyone is worse off. What’s wrong with you, don’t you believe in math? Don’t you believe in science? Hmm, maybe you’re just not as smart as we thought you were. But I’m sure you’ll be very happy as an emeritus professor at a large Midwestern state university. No, Ken Griffin is not interested in taking a meeting.

I know I sound like a raving Marxist to be saying this, that the Federal Reserve system and all its brethren systems were established specifically to serve the interests of Capital in its age-old battle with Labor. But yeah, that’s exactly what I’m saying. Propping up financial markets? That’s a nice-to-have. Preserving Capital as the apex predator in our social ecosystem? There’s your must-have.

Whatever you think full employment might be in the modern age, 4.3% is at the finish line. And 4.1% or 3.9% or wherever the unemployment rate is going over the next few months is well past the finish line. You’re already seeing clear signs of labor shortages, particularly skilled labor shortages, in lots of geographies. Wage inflation is baked in, and modern populist politics make it impossible for corporations to play the usual well-we’re-off-to-Mexico-then card. Not that wages in Mexico or China are really that much better anymore, depending on what you’re doing, and there are inflationary wage pressures there, too.

Bottom line: I think that the Fed is going to do whatever it takes to prevent wage inflation from getting away from them, and shrinking the balance sheet is going to be a vital part of that tightening, maybe the most important part. Why? Because the Fed thinks it will push the yield curve higher as it lets its bonds and mortgage securities roll off, which will help the banks and provide an aura of “growth” and a cover story for the interest rate hikes. Otherwise you’ve got an inverted yield curve and a recession and who knows what other sources of reputational pain.

But here’s the problem, Mr. Investor. Ordinarily if the Fed was determined to take the punchbowl away by tightening monetary policy and raising interest rates, your reaction function was pretty clear. Get out of stocks and get into bonds. Wait out the inevitable bear market and garden-variety business cycle recession, and then get back into stocks. Or just ride your 60/40 vanilla stock/bond allocation through the cycle, which is the whole point of the 60/40 thing (even, though, of course, you’re really running a 95/5 portfolio from a risk perspective). But now you’re going to have both stocks *and* bonds going down together as the Fed hikes rates and sells bonds, in a reversal of both stocks *and* bonds going up together over the past eight years as the Fed cut rates and bought bonds.

Hmmm. ‘Tis a dilemma. What to do when indiscriminate long-the-world doesn’t work? What to do when nothing works? Maybe, with apologies to the old Monty Python line, active management isn’t quite dead yet. And just at the point of maximum capitulation to the idea that it is. Wouldn’t be the first time. In fact, that’s kinda how maximum capitulation works.

Is everything as neat and clean in reality as I’m making it out to be? Of course not. Other central banks are still buying bonds. Maybe global growth pulls everything through. Maybe President Pence/Ryan/whoever-is-fourth-in-line pushes through all the tax cuts and regulatory rollback and infrastructure build programs that your little old capitalist heart desires. Plus, this isn’t some cataclysmic event like “China floats the yuan” or “Italy has a bad election”. It’s a slow burn.

But I think that if your investment mantra is “don’t fight the Fed”, you now must have a short bias to both the U.S. equity and bond markets, not the long bias that you’ve been so well trained and so well rewarded to maintain over the past eight years. This is a sea change in how to navigate a policy-driven market, and it’s a sea change I expect to last for years.

freedomforall
Gnolaum ∞

Post by freedomforall »

Silver wrote: June 23rd, 2017, 11:45 am

FFA, I'm really starting to doubt that you're reading the posts other than your own. I have already said twice that the guys in the trenches are not the ones who are guilty of the deaths which occur during war.

Your jump to "So don't tel me about Trump." is difficult to understand. If the grunts aren't culpable, who is?
That's okay, Silver, you're in the clear.
And to be clear, I, for one, am tired of hearing about Trump doing this and doing that via in a bad light. It's like listening to a deeply scratched LP record, playing the same thing over and over, and over.
By comparison, Trump is not the worst President we've ever had, not by a long shot; he has inherited the treasonous works of the worst President ever before him. He is trying to clean up the mess. Had he been in office prior to Johnson or Carter, I fully believe he would have been a lot different because their wasn't such a massive mess to bombard him.
There is no way on God's green earth you could compare Trump with Obama in the same light. Trump is doing the same thing prior Presidents have done concerning war and threats of war. The only way I can see your point of view is because Trump is white. Political correctness came about because of Obama's race card. This is how he got away with every treasonous act, every unconstitutional executive order and how he got away with opening the borders to anyone wanting in. I think it has been proven that his birth certificate was fake; that he was in fact born in Kenya, clearly unconstitutional as pertaining to POTUS. Nobody said anything, did anything, took action against him for all the lies and deception.
But Trump is on the chopping block with you helping to hold the axe. Go figure!

The Dems, leftist liberals, crony elites and protesters want Trump impeached because they want socialism. They want the NWO because they have lost any regard for the Constitution or freedom and liberty. Some protest just to protest, not even knowing why other than to raise a ruckus being paid to do so.
To me, this is clearly a division of our society, a division that has been prophesied...a division that will lead to an all out civil way right in this country, with Trump right in the middle. So be prepared.
Oh, if you feel like shaking hands with Islamic terrorists be my guest. Perhaps you won't feel the same way when they come to rule your town or close by.

eddie
captain of 1,000

Post by eddie »

Yeah, don't tell me about Trump! We owe everything to our veterans, especially respect, President Trump wants to help the Veterans, and well deserved.

Running off hysterical emotion, perspective that sees only what it wants to see, ignoring history, it's no wonder I don't read most of your posts. Zzzzzz

Silver
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Silver »

freedomforall wrote: June 23rd, 2017, 12:44 pm
Silver wrote: June 23rd, 2017, 11:45 am

That's okay, Silver, you're in the clear.
And to be clear, I, for one, am tired of hearing about Trump doing this and doing that via in a bad light. It's like listening to a deeply scratched LP record, playing the same thing over and over, and over.
By comparison, Trump is not the worst President we've ever had, not by a long shot; he has inherited the treasonous works of the worst President ever before him. He is trying to clean up the mess. Had he been in office prior to Johnson or Carter, I fully believe he would have been a lot different because their wasn't such a massive mess to bombard him.
There is no way on God's green earth you could compare Trump with Obama in the same light. Trump is doing the same thing prior Presidents have done concerning war and threats of war. The only way I can see your point of view is because Trump is white. Political correctness came about because of Obama's race card. This is how he got away with every treasonous act, every unconstitutional executive order and how he got away with opening the borders to anyone wanting in. I think it has been proven that his birth certificate was fake; that he was in fact born in Kenya, clearly unconstitutional as pertaining to POTUS. Nobody said anything, did anything, took action against him for all the lies and deception.
But Trump is on the chopping block with you helping to hold the axe. Go figure!

The Dems, leftist liberals, crony elites and protesters want Trump impeached because they want socialism. They want the NWO because they have lost any regard for the Constitution or freedom and liberty. Some protest just to protest, not even knowing why other than to raise a ruckus being paid to do so.
To me, this is clearly a division of our society, a division that has been prophesied...a division that will lead to an all out civil way right in this country, with Trump right in the middle. So be prepared.
Oh, if you feel like shaking hands with Islamic terrorists be my guest. Perhaps you won't feel the same way when they come to rule your town or close by.
Trump is worse than Obama, just like Bush, because they are Republican which fools conservatives into thinking that everything is OK when it is clearly not. Further, you can't truthfully claim that Trump is cleaning up anything when he is sending troops into and selling weapons to the very area where all the killing is. Remember that old definition of insanity? Why would doing the same things we've done for decades result in different results? You cannot explain away our disastrous policies and then do the same thing. Its sackcloth and ashes for us.

Of course, your gratuitous comment about "shaking hands with Islamic terrorists" is completely unnecessary. I've never denied the existence of them. I simply want everyone to recognize their origin lies more in our hands than any innate hatred for non-Muslims.

Seriously, try prayer and charity just like the Church is teaching. All that venom and hatred pointed towards Muslims can't be healthy.

freedomforall
Gnolaum ∞

Post by freedomforall »

Last edited by freedomforall on July 2nd, 2017, 6:24 pm, edited 3 times in total.

freedomforall
Gnolaum ∞

Post by freedomforall »

Listen Silver, you ain't gonna win no matter what tactics you use. Way too much contradiction in your speeches. Try a different forum. Those you can buffalo to your hearts desire, and ACTUALLY GET AWAY WITH IT!

Silver
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Silver »

freedomforall wrote: June 23rd, 2017, 1:43 pm
Silver wrote: June 23rd, 2017, 1:08 pmSeriously, try prayer and charity just like the Church is teaching. All that venom and hatred pointed towards Muslims can't be healthy.
Look whose calling the kettle black!!!

Try some of your own advice and pray for Trump to do a good job instead of holding the axe over his neck. You really don't understand your own double minded, self imposed, dichotomy. do you?

On one hand you say "Trump is a murderer, a liar, a traitor",and on the other hand, "try prayer and charity just like the Church is teaching. All that venom and hatred pointed towards Muslims"....

This takes the cake, Silver. Now you've done it. =)) =)) =)) =)) =))

foot_in_mouth.jpg
You are still mistaken about my purpose here. Here we go one more time:

Cain murdered Abel. That is not hate-speech. It is fact.
Trump has killed innocent people in Iraq, Syria, Afghanistan and Yemen. That qualifies him to be a murderer. Stating fact does not equal hate-speech.
Finally, you don't know how much I have prayed for Trump and other leaders. Unfortunately, the prayers don't seem to have taken effect yet. How much have you prayed that members of ISIS will repent?

Silver
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Silver »

freedomforall wrote: June 23rd, 2017, 1:47 pm Listen Silver, you ain't gonna win no matter what tactics you use. Way too much contradiction in your speeches. Try a different forum. Those you can buffalo to your hearts desire, and ACTUALLY GET AWAY WITH IT!
Are you telling me to leave LDSFF? By what authority? That's strange coming from you, who has declared at least twice that you were putting me on ignore so you wouldn't have to read my posts. Which is it? Are you reading them or not?

I truly feel sorry for you, FFA. Your insecurity comes out very clearly with posts like this one I've quoted. You're so uncertain of your position that you have to try to scare me away. That's pitiful. We're having a debate here. Whether I win or not can be decided by those who read our posts.

Another thing worth repeating:
I don't care if I "win". Popularity is not my concern. I am merely sharing info that I have garnered from a wide selection of writers. Of course, I firmly believe what I am writing so when an opposing opinion appears, I will defend it.

freedomforall
Gnolaum ∞

Post by freedomforall »

Silver wrote: June 23rd, 2017, 1:50 pm
Silver wrote: June 23rd, 2017, 1:08 pmSeriously, try prayer and charity just like the Church is teaching. All that venom and hatred pointed towards Muslims can't be healthy.

Try some of your own advice and pray for Trump to do a good job instead of holding the axe over his neck. You really don't understand your own double minded, self imposed, dichotomy. do you?

On one hand you say "Trump is a murderer, a liar, a traitor",and on the other hand, "try prayer and charity just like the Church is teaching. All that venom and hatred pointed towards Muslims"....

foot_in_mouth.jpg

Trump has killed innocent people in Iraq, Syria, Afghanistan and Yemen. That qualifies him to be a murderer. Stating fact does not equal hate-speech.
Finally, you don't know how much I have prayed for Trump and other leaders. Unfortunately, the prayers don't seem to have taken effect yet. How much have you prayed that members of ISIS will repent?
Let's ask forum members what your purpose here is. They may not see it your way. You already proved you can create dichotomies at will, and then turn around and attempt to justify them. You've been busted big time, and are left far reaching for ways to cover up your mistakes.

You have proven that the way you think is the way you want everyone to think. How? By trying to discount every rebuttal given......and ignoring scriptural based counsel to to shape up and fly right. You've argued every step of the way, not agreeing with much of anything others have brought to the table. You don't listen to reason and have given the impression that you wear blinders, ...oblivious to the environment close at hand and seeing the corruption, chaos, threats to liberty and freedom and having your whole focus on Trump, Trump, Trump, therefore not doing a reality check. It's like looking at a whole forest but not looking at the various trees in it, what shade of green they possess or how they stand, upright, slanted, small or large, rotted or fallen...just focus on Trump.

Our country is in dire stress........this is where our focus should be as LDS's Prophets have told us time and again to watch and become aware...and then stand up for freedom.

Do I need to post that conference talk about the apathy and complacency of the Priesthood body from 1965 given by ETB?

I speak because I have read many books and quotes of church leaders, and have a more well rounded idea of what to look for and how to speak up against it.

Scriptures...God
None Call It Conspiracy...Allen
An Enemy Hath Done This...Benson
Prophets, Principles and National Survival...Newquist...another recommended book by ETB
Latter-day Prophets and the Constitution...Cannon
The United States has Two Constitutions...Horowitz
A Glorious Standard: For All Mankind... compiled by Bentley
And others in the works

So I don't just rattle off at the mouth here.

Silver
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Silver »

freedomforall wrote: June 23rd, 2017, 2:25 pm
Silver wrote: June 23rd, 2017, 1:50 pm

foot_in_mouth.jpg

Let's ask forum members what your purpose here is. They may not see it your way. You already proved you can create dichotomies at will, and then turn around and attempt to justify them. You've been busted big time, and are left far reaching for ways to cover up your mistakes.

You have proven that the way you think is the way you want everyone to think. How? By trying to discount every rebuttal given......and ignoring scriptural based counsel to to shape up and fly right. You've argued every step of the way, not agreeing with much of anything others have brought to the table. You don't listen to reason and have given the impression that you wear blinders, ...oblivious to the environment close at hand and seeing the corruption, chaos, threats to liberty and freedom and having your whole focus on Trump, Trump, Trump, therefore not doing a reality check. It's like looking at a whole forest but not looking at the various trees in it, what shade of green they possess or how they stand, upright, slanted, small or large, rotted or fallen...just focus on Trump.

Our country is in dire stress........this is where our focus should be as LDS's Prophets have told us time and again to watch and become aware...and then stand up for freedom.

Do I need to post that conference talk about the apathy and complacency of the Priesthood body from 1965 given by ETB?

I speak because I have read many books and quotes of church leaders, and have a more well rounded idea of what to look for and how to speak up against it.

Scriptures...God
None Call It Conspiracy...Allen
An Enemy Hath Done This...Benson
Prophets, Principles and National Survival...Newquist...another recommended book by ETB
Latter-day Prophets and the Constitution...Cannon
The United States has Two Constitutions...Horowitz
A Glorious Standard: For All Mankind... compiled by Bentley
And others in the works

So I don't just rattle off at the mouth here.
This is just classic. Quoted for the sheer need to preserve.

freedomforall
Gnolaum ∞

Post by freedomforall »

You can fool some of the people all of the time and all of the people some of the time but you can't fool all of the people all of the time.

The author of this is in dispute, some say Lincoln while other says PT Barnum, but whoever said it first...I like it. It is also quite applicable here on the forum as well.

iWriteStuff
blithering blabbermouth

Post by iWriteStuff »

freedomforall wrote: June 23rd, 2017, 2:44 pm You can fool some of the people all of the time and all of the people some of the time but you can't fool all of the people all of the time.

The author of this is in dispute, some say Lincoln while other says PT Barnum, but whoever said it first...I like it. It is also quite applicable here on the forum as well.
I like this quote better:
"He who will not reason, is a bigot; he who cannot is a fool; and he who dares not is a slave."
- William Drummond
I think Silver's message so far is to use reason - objectively observe the actions of your President and decide for yourself who he works for and what his intentions really are. There is enough there to be suspicious at least (globalist bankers in WH, Deep State given "operational initiative" to act independently in Pentagon, arms deals to Muslim states, etc).

To give him a blank check to do anything he wants just because he isn't Hillary is pure folly. Don't be a slave to anyone, Hillary or otherwise.

Silver
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Silver »

iWriteStuff wrote: June 23rd, 2017, 2:51 pm
freedomforall wrote: June 23rd, 2017, 2:44 pm You can fool some of the people all of the time and all of the people some of the time but you can't fool all of the people all of the time.

"He who will not reason, is a bigot; he who cannot is a fool; and he who dares not is a slave."
- William Drummond
I think Silver's message so far is to use reason - objectively observe the actions of your President and decide for yourself who he works for and what his intentions really are. There is enough there to be suspicious at least. But to give him a blank check to do anything he wants just because he isn't Hillary is pure folly. Don't be a slave to anyone, Hillary or otherwise.
Not only that, but I don't see how observing that Trump is a Gadianton actually even hurts FFA in a material way. Why is FFA so upset? Why can't FFA just ignore me if I'm so wrong? I'm trying to keep my Trump comments isolated to just a couple threads now. FFA could put me on ignore or stop visiting those threads. Instead, in his insecurity, he considers putting my comments to a poll and ask other members what they think of my opinions. It's really sad.

larsenb
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by larsenb »

Silver wrote: June 23rd, 2017, 2:58 pm

- William Drummond
I think Silver's message so far is to use reason - objectively observe the actions of your President and decide for yourself who he works for and what his intentions really are. There is enough there to be suspicious at least. But to give him a blank check to do anything he wants just because he isn't Hillary is pure folly. Don't be a slave to anyone, Hillary or otherwise.
Not only that, but I don't see how observing that Trump is a Gadianton actually even hurts FFA in a material way. Why is FFA so upset? Why can't FFA just ignore me if I'm so wrong? I'm trying to keep my Trump comments isolated to just a couple threads now. FFA could put me on ignore or stop visiting those threads. Instead, in his insecurity, he considers putting my comments to a poll and ask other members what they think of my opinions. It's really sad.
In a public thread it makes sense for FFA and others to counter Silver's black-and-white, bifurcated view of the world . . . but mainly for the sake of others who may be taken in or persuaded by this particular brand of sophistry.

Silver
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Silver »

larsenb wrote: June 23rd, 2017, 3:20 pm

- William Drummond
In a public thread it makes sense for FFA and others to counter Silver's black-and-white, bifurcated view of the world . . . but mainly for the sake of others who may be taken in or persuaded by this particular brand of sophistry.
It's a sad day on LDSFF when sharing facts is called "sophistry."

larsenb
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by larsenb »

Silver wrote: June 23rd, 2017, 3:32 pm

It's a sad day on LDSFF when someone insists on his/her sole interpretation of the 'facts'.

Give item 6 a very close, careful and thoughtful read in the list located here: viewtopic.php?f=14&t=45779#p789497 It might also be helpful by reviewing Items 1 and 2, as well . . . . and probably others in the list.

eddie
captain of 1,000

Post by eddie »

Silver wrote: June 23rd, 2017, 3:32 pm

I agree, go somewhere else, you are making no progress here, just a suggestion, we have no authority. You ask for polls, then consider it unreasonable when anyone else does. You say you will never stop, neither will we, that's why we don't ignore you, dark and sinister is what you want, negative and hateful, obsessive, childlike about having your way. Hand in there FFA and Larsen, we are listening. Silver has only condemned himself.

Silver
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Silver »

Here's a fact that a few readers left here seem to struggle with:
The Republican Party works in concert with the Gadiantons of our day and gives us the treacherous NDAA of 2012. Of course none of us trust the Democratic Party which Trump belonged to for most of his life, even contributing to Hillary's campaign. Now Trump deigns to call himself a Republican.

An unbiased person would accept the fact above and be motivated to adjust their view of the world. It's interesting to watch members here swallow a camel (a NWO-packed Trump administration) while straining at a gnat (there is ample reason to not trust Republicans).

freedomforall
Gnolaum ∞

Post by freedomforall »

You are on my ignore list, Silver, but that doesn't mean I won't check in now and then. Besides, nearly every word I put in edgewise, I find a following post with the name Silver on it. You have something to say to anyone with whom has anything to say in favor of Trump in the least degree. Most of us have other than a black and white view of Trump, even enough respect to acknowledge when Trump does something good. Whereas, you have your hand on the proverbial axe. And some of us don't think you are going to accept showing Trump some respect, and I even invited you to run for President...so you can clean up the town, so to speak. Maybe you can do a better job of running the country and keeping everybody safe. No wars. No strife. No internal chaos across the country.
Merely spouting off on a forum does nothing via changing this country back to its republican heritage...you know A christian based, righteous Republic...that was presented to us by our Founder's? Why do you think we have been told time and again to learn the Constitution in the tradition of our Founding Father's?

I admit I have not read the Federalist Papers because they are quite lengthy, however, I have read many more condensed articles on what the Founder's had in mind.

You know why I'm upset, Silver, because of stubbornness and argumentative responses to true, honest and blunt knowledge that comes your way and you discharge it as dross. You're trying so hard to direct a choir that already knows the music containing all notes and not just two. You know, GET TRUMP! GET TRUMP!

And you''re remark about Trump being worse than Obama really says volumes on what you don't know, or refuse to acknowledge, one or the other. You pardon one criminal and shake the hand of another, so to speak. Meaning, why are you so bent on calling out Trump and ignoring all other Presidents for what damage they did to America, good or bad?

There are thousands of people out there talking just like you, that apparently have no clue what our country was supposed to stand for. BTW, it's in the book!

I will give Trump some credit because of the mess he is in. He deserves that much. Maybe you don't like his methods, but try to replace him and see what you can do to fix things. There is always two sides to a story and two opposing opinions on how things should be run. So walk a mile in Trump's shoes and see what he thinks and feels.

Too much fake news will warp a mind.

Listen to the words.

freedomforall
Gnolaum ∞

Post by freedomforall »

And do not:

freedomforall
Gnolaum ∞

Post by freedomforall »

And we must give Hillary some recognition to be fair. Note: I didn't say anything in addition to this song. So do not conflate this video with speculation and conjecture.

larsenb
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by larsenb »

Silver wrote: June 23rd, 2017, 4:04 pm Here's a fact that a few readers left here seem to struggle with:
The Republican Party works in concert with the Gadiantons of our day and gives us the treacherous NDAA of 2012. Of course none of us trust the Democratic Party which Trump belonged to for most of his life, even contributing to Hillary's campaign. Now Trump deigns to call himself a Republican.

An unbiased person would accept the fact above and be motivated to adjust their view of the world. It's interesting to watch members here swallow a camel (a NWO-packed Trump administration) while straining at a gnat (there is ample reason to not trust Republicans).
Just another highly 'bifurcated' view of the situation. Keep going, Silver. :D I guess you're on a self-induced, never-ending roll.