Good Behavior Trump Debate Thread

For discussion of liberty, freedom, government and politics.
Doug
captain of 100

Re: Good Behavior Trump Debate Thread

Post by Doug »

Silver wrote: July 24th, 2017, 8:27 pm Meanwhile the Trump warmongers march on. Blood on their hands. Cheered on by people who should know better.

http://news.antiwar.com/2017/07/23/us-j ... maginable/

US Joint Chiefs Chairman: Attacking North Korea Is Not ‘Unimaginable’
Says Military Option Needed to Keep Denver From Getting Nuked

Jason Ditz Posted on July 23, 2017

Gen. Joe Dunford, the head of the Joint Chiefs of Staff, complained over the weekend that a lot of people are rejecting the idea of the US attacking North Korea, saying the possibility shouldn’t be taken off the table, and that attacking them is “not unimaginable.”

While Dunford conceded that a US attack on North Korea would lead to a “horrific” war, with a death toll unlike anything seen since World War 2, he insisted that the US had to develop a “military option” for the war because otherwise North Korea might nuke Denver, Colorado.

The choice of Denver, Colorado in the comments is a strange one, but likely reflects Dunford’s comments being made in Aspen, Colorado. At the same time, virtually everyone agrees North Korea lacks the capability to hit the US mainland, let alone do so with a nuclear weapon.

The myth of such North Korea capabilities continues to fuel heavy US military spending on the possibility of attacking North Korea, and even more worryingly, appears to also be encouraging US political and military leaders to view such a war with a sense of inevitability, with a worst in a generation war something officials seem comfortable blundering into.
Just fomenting more contention and widening the diectric with your help.

Silver
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Silver »

Doug wrote: July 24th, 2017, 8:58 pm
Silver wrote: July 24th, 2017, 8:27 pm Meanwhile the Trump warmongers march on. Blood on their hands. Cheered on by people who should know better.

Gen. Joe Dunford, the head of the Joint Chiefs of Staff, complained over the weekend that a lot of people are rejecting the idea of the US attacking North Korea, saying the possibility shouldn’t be taken off the table, and that attacking them is “not unimaginable.”

While Dunford conceded that a US attack on North Korea would lead to a “horrific” war, with a death toll unlike anything seen since World War 2, he insisted that the US had to develop a “military option” for the war because otherwise North Korea might nuke Denver, Colorado.

The choice of Denver, Colorado in the comments is a strange one, but likely reflects Dunford’s comments being made in Aspen, Colorado. At the same time, virtually everyone agrees North Korea lacks the capability to hit the US mainland, let alone do so with a nuclear weapon.

The myth of such North Korea capabilities continues to fuel heavy US military spending on the possibility of attacking North Korea, and even more worryingly, appears to also be encouraging US political and military leaders to view such a war with a sense of inevitability, with a worst in a generation war something officials seem comfortable blundering into.
OK, now you're up to 18 posts, 14 of which have been on this thread and most of those dedicated to arguing with me. Proud of yourself, so anxiously engaged in this new-found cause célèbre of yours? Good-bye to you, too.

Doug
captain of 100

Post by Doug »

Silver wrote: July 24th, 2017, 8:56 pm
eddie wrote: July 24th, 2017, 8:40 pm
Silver wrote: July 24th, 2017, 7:37 am
Doug wrote: July 23rd, 2017, 8:24 pm

Darrell Castle is not President, Donald Trump is. Get past it and move on.
Satan is the father of contention, a tool he is quite proficiant with these days with an intent on civil war.
Please stop feeding that fire. Don't make enimies out of those who you are generally in the most agreement.
I've been contemplating this message of yours, "Get past it and move on." You do realize you're asking me to excuse murder, don't you? Quite impossible.
But you are murdering your character and reputation here, can't you see everyone is sick of it? Have some dignity Silver, You hate President Trump , and he can be abrupt, but you act worse hands down. Step back, take a breath, be Christian.
OK, eddie, I'm releasing myself from my self-imposed ban on responding to your ridiculous posts this one last time. Would you care to rescind what you wrote? Because you're wrong, again. By the colors...

1. I have told you many times I don't care about my reputation. See my signature. Popularity is valueless to me. And the thought of you warmongering Trump supporters liking me is repulsive.
2. An obvious lie. Not "everyone is sick" of what I write. Again, I don't care if there are zero people who agree with me, but you're obviously mistaken.
3. If agreeing with you is your definition of dignity, I'm not the least bit interested.
4. I do not hate Trump. However, I enjoy pouring coals on the heads of his blind supporters.
5. Being Christian is not dropping bombs on innocent people or supporting those who do.

And now dear eddie, good-bye. I have no intention of engaging with you again for I have learned that it is a waste of time.
You seem to have the same regard for you character that you do for your reputation, sad.
And pouring coals on the heads of those who may or maynot be as decieved as you, sadder.

iWriteStuff
blithering blabbermouth

Post by iWriteStuff »

Whoa whoa whoa, wait! Denver, you say? Then I'm totally on board. I say we nuke anyone who dares threaten John Denver.
denver.png
denver.png (925.6 KiB) Viewed 1132 times
Last edited by iWriteStuff on July 24th, 2017, 9:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Silver
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Silver »

Meanwhile more blood on the hands of Trump and more egg -- ostrich-sized -- on the face of his supporters. Well did President Kimball call us a warlike people, to our eternal shame. Well, the shame will come after the sackcloth and ashes, well deserved sackcloth and ashes.

http://theantimedia.org/us-drone-strike ... -officers/

US Drone Strike Gone Horribly Wrong Kills 15 Afghan Police Officers
July 23, 2017 at 9:06 am
Written by Jason Ditz

(ANTIWAR.COM) — The US has tried to bolster the Afghan government in Helmand Province with air support in their fighting against the Taliban, but the support appears to have gone horribly wrong, as a US drone attacked and killed at least 15 Afghan police.

The airstrike was targeting what the US thought was a Taliban compound in Helmand’s Gereshk District, but was actually a site used by Afghan security forces to meet and plan operations against the Taliban. A number were inside when the US attacked.

Death tolls still aren’t totally finalized, but Helmand Governor Hayatullah Hayat confirmed that two top police commanders were among the slain. The Afghan government suggested no soldiers were among the slain, and that it was only the local and provincially-provided police forces that sustained casualties.

The Pentagon expressed condolences for “the unfortunate incident,” but provided no indication as to why they attacked the compound, simply terming the attack part of a “US-supported operation.” Either way, this likely derails the anti-Taliban operation that was ongoing in the district.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world ... 54481.html

Doug
captain of 100

Post by Doug »

Silver wrote: July 24th, 2017, 9:08 pm
Doug wrote: July 24th, 2017, 8:58 pm

OK, now you're up to 18 posts, 14 of which have been on this thread and most of those dedicated to arguing with me. Proud of yourself, so anxiously engaged in this new-found cause célèbre of yours? Good-bye to you, too.
So you lied earlier, your reputation does actually matter to you,
But still not your character!

But I guess you just can't take the heat ...

iWriteStuff
blithering blabbermouth

Post by iWriteStuff »

Doug wrote: July 24th, 2017, 9:49 pm
Clearly you haven't met Silver...
Silver's Flammability.jpg
Silver's Flammability.jpg (52.49 KiB) Viewed 1110 times

eddie
captain of 1,000

Post by eddie »

Satan is the father of contention, a tool he is quite proficiant with these days with an intent on civil war.
Please stop feeding that fire. Don't make enimies out of those who you are generally in the most agreement.
I've been contemplating this message of yours, "Get past it and move on." You do realize you're asking me to excuse murder, don't you? Quite impossible.
But you are murdering your character and reputation here, can't you see everyone is sick of it? Have some dignity Silver, You hate President Trump , and he can be abrupt, but you act worse hands down. Step back, take a breath, be Christian.
OK, eddie, I'm releasing myself from my self-imposed ban on responding to your ridiculous posts this one last time. Would you care to rescind what you wrote? Because you're wrong, again. By the colors...

1. I have told you many times I don't care about my reputation. See my signature. Popularity is valueless to me. And the thought of you warmongering Trump supporters liking me is repulsive.
2. An obvious lie. Not "everyone is sick" of what I write. Again, I don't care if there are zero people who agree with me, but you're obviously mistaken.
3. If agreeing with you is your definition of dignity, I'm not the least bit interested.
4. I do not hate Trump. However, I enjoy pouring coals on the heads of his blind supporters.
5. Being Christian is not dropping bombs on innocent people or supporting those who do.

And now dear eddie, good-bye. I have no intention of engaging with you again for I have learned that it is a waste of time.
And you are the expert on wasting time? LOL

Here are 10 ways you waste time;

Bashing Trump
Bashing Trump
Bashing Trump
Bashing Trump
Bashing Trump
Bashing Trump
Bashing Trump
Bashing Trump
Bashing Trump
Bashing Trump
@-)

freedomforall
Gnolaum ∞

Post by freedomforall »

https://www.ldsfreedomforum.com/posting ... 1&p=795389

1. I have told you many times I don't care about my reputation. See my signature. Popularity is valueless to me. And the thought of you warmongering Trump supporters liking me is repulsive. So is your BS!
2.An obvious lie. Not "everyone is sick" of what I write. Again, I don't care if there are zero people who agree with me, but you're obviously mistaken. In this you LIE. You said you're here to get everyone who supports Trump to repudiate him. Or can't you remember such ridiculous, self imposed endeavors.
3.If agreeing with you is your definition of dignity, I'm not the least bit interested. It certainly shows.
4. I do not hate Trump. However, I enjoy pouring coals on the heads of his blind supporters. For a Gospel Doctrine teacher, you have a lot to learn about respect, compassion and kindness, because you're arrogance and pomposity truly shines above the rest.
5. Being Christian is not dropping bombs on innocent people or supporting those who do. And you think you're a Christian by the example of fiery darts coming from your own mouth?

And now dear eddie, good-bye. I have no intention of engaging with you again for I have learned that it is a waste of time.[/size]
At it again Silver? You just can't help stooping so low as to treat people with the same venom you spew at Trump. You've been at it so long that you're turning into that which you complain about.

Silver
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Silver »

The problem the Trump supporters have is that they must deny their own conservative principles -- if they ever had any -- to defend the murdering Marmalade In Chief, as Chuck Baldwin describes below:

http://chuckbaldwinlive.com/Articles/ta ... -Paul.aspx

Thank You, Rand Paul

Published: Thursday, July 20, 2017

If you think Obamacare is bad (and it is), Ryancare, Trumpcare, Obamacare 2.0--call it whatever you will--was even worse. In spite of fierce bullying tactics by House Speaker Paul Ryan, Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell, and President Donald Trump, ONE MAN stood like a stonewall against it. He would not be bullied or bribed, and he almost single-handedly stopped this draconian Republican healthcare debacle. That man’s name is Rand Paul.

Here is what Dr. Paul said about the GOP plan:

The Senate Obamacare bill does not repeal Obamacare. Not even close.

In fact, the Senate GOP bill codifies and likely expands many aspects of Obamacare.

The Senate Obamacare-lite bill codifies a federal entitlement to insurance. With the Senate GOP bill, Republicans, for the first time, will signal that they favor a key aspect of Obamacare--federal taxpayer funding of private insurance purchases.

The bill will transfer billions of dollars to people who will then transfer billions of dollars to insurance companies. What a great business model--encourage the federal government to use taxpayer money to buy a private company’s product. Great business model, that is, if you are Big Insurance. Remarkable.

The Senate Obamacare-lite bill does what the Democrats forgot to do--appropriate billions for Obamacare’s cost-sharing reductions, aka subsidies. Really? Republicans are going to fund Obamacare subsidies that the Democrats forgot to fund?

Rand went on to say:

I miss the old days, when Republicans stood for repealing Obamacare. Republicans across the country and every member of my caucus campaigned on repeal--often declaring they would tear out Obamacare “root and branch!”

What happened?

Now too many Republicans are falling all over themselves to stuff hundreds of billions of taxpayers’ dollars into a bill that doesn’t repeal Obamacare and feeds Big Insurance a huge bailout.

Obamacare regulations? Still here. Taxes? Many still in place, totaling hundreds of billions of dollars.

Insurance company bailouts? Those, too. Remember when Republicans complained about Obamacare’s risk corridors? Remember when we called the corridors nothing more than insurance company bailouts? I remember when one prominent GOP candidate during a presidential debate explicitly called out the Obamacare risk corridors as a bailout to insurance companies. Does anyone else?

The Republican congressional leadership was willing to spend up to $200 billion to bribe members of the Republican caucus into supporting this monstrosity. And while conservative pundits and talk show hosts are excoriating McConnell and Ryan as “traitors” to conservatism, they conveniently overlook the fact that President Trump did everything he could do to browbeat and bully recalcitrant members of Congress into supporting the bill. Trump said he would be “very angry” if Congress didn’t pass Obamacare 2.0. “I am sitting in the Oval Office with a pen in hand, waiting for our senators to give it to me,” Trump said. “It has to get passed. They have to do it. They have to get together and get it done.” But Trump was not elected to replace Obamacare with a Republican version that was even WORSE. He was elected on the promise of completely repealing Obamacare.

But McConnell, Ryan, and Trump’s bullying and briberies almost worked. The gutless, groveling gaggle of raunchy Republicans in D.C. was willing to shackle the American taxpayers with this healthcare nightmare. Both parties in D.C. support socialized medicine; they were only fighting over who would take credit for it.

Yes, it almost worked. ALMOST. And in all likelihood, it would have worked except for the sheer grit, guts, and gallantry of Senator Rand Paul (R-KY). Like Stonewall Jackson at the First Battle of Manasses, Paul stood in the face of unbelievable enemy fire and refused to retreat.

I have always liked Rand, mainly because his father, Ron, and I have been friends for a long time. If I have had a criticism of Rand (and I have), it was because I thought Rand tried to play both ends against the middle too often. Unlike his father, who NEVER compromised a constitutional principle, Rand did compromise from time to time. In truth, had Rand held the ground and spoken out against the establishment during the Republican primary last year the way his dad had done--and the way people were hoping Rand would do--he might have been the GOP presidential nominee instead of Donald Trump. By playing patsy with the establishment, Rand left the door wide open for Trump. But Trump is no Paul. And when the Obamacare fight came up, Rand was up to the challenge.

Maybe it’s because Rand is a physician (like his father) and is more keenly aware of the untold damage socialized medicine is wreaking upon America’s healthcare industry. Maybe it’s because he got tired of the Republican Party selling out the American people with their duplicitous doubletalk. Whatever it was that put the fire in Rand Paul’s belly, it was LONG overdue, MUCH needed, and VERY appreciated.

THANK YOU, RAND PAUL.

As for the Republican Party, it is no better than the Democrat Party. Neither party cares a whit about liberty, the Constitution, or the American people. The vast majority of D.C. politicians in both parties are self-centered, power-hungry, money-grubbing, warmongering egomaniacs. Try to name a congressman or senator since Helen Chenoweth and Ron Paul who didn’t come out of Washington with a fortune--and the smell of skunk all over them.

I don’t know what it’s going to take for the American people to wake up, but if we don’t have a revival of State autonomy, and I mean SOON, liberty is doomed in this country. And when liberty fails in America, it fails all over the world.

Unfortunately, almost everyone is fixated on Washington, D.C. So-called conservatives are as bad as liberals: both groups look to the federal government to fix all of their problems. For all intents and purposes, the “Free and Independent States” of our Declaration of Independence have become little more than subjugated satellite serfdoms of that putrid pile of poop on the banks of the Potomac.

Perhaps when people wake up to the fact that the Republican Party isn’t going to save them, that Donald Trump isn’t going to save them, that Trump never intended to save them, that Trump deliberately created an administration that was designed to fail, and that Washington, D.C., is irreparable, MAYBE some of them will begin to do what they should have been doing for the last sixty years: start electing governors, legislators, attorney generals, secretaries of state, and sheriffs that understand the Declaration of Independence, Constitution, and Bill of Rights--and have the guts to stand up for the liberties and sovereignty of the people of their states against the lunatic leviathan inside the Beltway that is swallowing their liberties whole.

At some point, states are either going to surrender to servitude and slavery or once again declare their independence from an arrogant abridger of freedom that makes old King George look like Patrick Henry by comparison. Right now, however, we can’t seem to elect constitutionalists to even local offices. At the smallest State and local levels, too many politicians are greedy, corrupt, backroom deal-making charlatans. If we cannot clean up the elected offices of our own backyard, how in the name of common sense are we going to clean up Washington, D.C.?

And once again, it always comes down to America’s pulpits. As to the promotion, promulgation, and preservation of liberty, most of them are completely WORTHLESS. Their silence is nothing more than tacit approbation of the evil and corruption that is taking place in their communities and in our country. The fact is, Donald Trump cannot and will not save this country, but your pastor could. Then again, if pastors were doing their part to save the nation, they would lose most of their flocks, because it seems more than obvious that the vast majority of Christians don’t give a tinker’s dam about liberty any more than the politicians they keep electing.

So, in the meantime, we stay fixated on Washington, D.C. But even in that giant cesspool, Rand Paul showed us what ONE MAN with courage and principle is still able to do. Again, I say: thank you, Rand Paul.

Silver
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Silver »

Will Trump listen to a true patriot, or will he continue his murdering ways? Video of the good doctor at the link. Of course, the elitist CFR/NWO/MIC has ignored Dr. Paul for years and their puppet Trump will do so again.

https://www.antiwar.com/blog/2017/07/24 ... ad-to-war/

Ron Paul Tells President Trump: Veto This Bill! – Sanctions Lead To War
Ron Paul and Daniel McAdams Posted on July 24, 2017

The US House is expected to vote tomorrow on yet another round of sanctions on Russia, North Korea, and Iran. Russia and Iran are targeted for their role in fighting ISIS and al-Qaeda in Syria and Iraq, which Congress calls “destabilizing.” Russia is also targeted for its involvement in the 2014 Ukrainian coup d’etat, which was in fact started by the United States under the Obama Administration! Will President Trump veto this bill, which will prohibit him from removing the sanctions without Congressional permission? He’s leaning toward signing it, in what looks like a big surrender to the deep state..

Doug
captain of 100

Post by Doug »

Silver, you.re wrong. You somehow have this believe that Trump supporters are 100% in his corner come hell or high water, and that is just a flat out stupid assumption.
I believe in Repeal Only, no replace - gov. telling me how to spend my healthcare dollars is tyranny.
I am against civil forfeiture, sessions just strengthened it, and Trump seams displeased with Sessions.
I am against foreign wars, constitution makes no provisions for them.
I am against ALL abridgements to the second Amendment, Trump said he believes in the Second Amendment.
I am against all the meddling regulations of businesses, Trump is removing a lot.
I am against illegal immigrants, to me, the is no illegal immigrant that is not a criminal. Trump follows the same line.
I am for extreme vetting of refugees, Trump also.
I am for prosecuting Hilary and all her criminal cohorts , Trump is not happy that Sessions is not perusing that.

So what does it mean to be a Trump supporter? It means that its not personal, its issues.
Whereas, with trump haters, all it is is personal. One personal attack after another. And even when issues are raised, they are then made personal.

In an earlier post, I said you have some good points, and I believe it. I just think that the way you try to make your points puts people off. If list members look at the Posters name and moves on, the rest of the article is moot. If they read the first few lines and move on, the rest is moot. If you're still intent on vitriol, at least save it till the end.

The real moral here is; if you want converts, attack his ideals not him.
And when someone returns with an argument against something you say, don't respond with a personal attack. Respond with a well formed argument that another view could possibly have value to them.

Silver
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Silver »

As Brandon Smith (www.alt-market.com) has written many times, the elites plan to collapse the US under the fake nationalist Trump. Given the high American military spending levels, the old dog still has some sharp teeth. However, the end is in sight.

https://www.thenewamerican.com/usnews/f ... collapsing

Monday, 24 July 2017
Defense Dept./Pentagon Report Calls for Total State as American Empire "Collapsing"
Written by C. Mitchell Shaw

font size decrease font size increase font size Print Email
Defense Dept./Pentagon Report Calls for Total State as American Empire "Collapsing"
A recently released Department of Defense risk assessment report shows that the “primacy” of the United States in the order of nations is in danger of collapse. The American empire — like others before it — is falling under its own bloated weight. Rather than suggesting a return to the roots of the American Republic as outlined in the Constitution, the report suggests expansions of force, surveillance, and propaganda to reinforce the crumbling empire.

The report — entitled At Our Own Peril: DoD Risk Assessment in a Post-Primacy World — is the conclusion of a year-long study with input from the U.S. Department of Defense and U.S. Army. Published in June by the U.S. Army War College’s Strategic Studies Institute, the report was sponsored by high-level government and military agencies, including the U.S. Army’s Strategic Plans and Policy Directorate; the Joint Staff, J5 (Strategy and Policy Branch); the Office of the Deputy Secretary of Defense for Strategy and Force Development; and the Army Study Program Management Office.

The findings of the study — as outlined in the report — would be bad enough on their own; the recommendations of the report are even worse.

Predicting (and lamenting) the collapse of “the staus quo” of American imperialism, the report leans on one of the favorite beast of burden for statists and tyrants: the threat of violence from abroad. The report says:

While the United States remains a global political, economic, and military giant, it no longer enjoys an unassailable position versus state competitors. Further, it remains buffeted by a range of metastasizing violent or disruptive nonstate challengers, and it is under stress — as are all states — from the dispersion and diffusion of effective resistance and the varied forces of disintegrating or fracturing political authority. In brief, the status quo that was hatched and nurtured by U.S. strategists after World War II and has for decades been the principal “beat” for DoD is not merely fraying but may, in fact, be collapsing. Consequently, the United States’ role in and approach to the world may be fundamentally changing as well.

The report goes on to say, “Indeed, while the United States remains a global military power, it no longer can — as in the past — automatically generate consistent and sustained local military superiority at range.”

In short, “the status quo” of interventionism (which stands in sharp contrast to the non-interventionism of American foreign policy as outlined in the Constitution and explained by Presidents George Washington and Thomas Jefferson as “in extending our commercial relations, to have with them [foreign nations] as little political connection as possible” and “peace, commerce, and honest friendship with all nations, entangling alliances with none”) is — predictably — “fraying” and “may, in fact, be collapsing.”

That this “fraying” and “collapsing” would be a natural consequence of our national identity crisis (the United States is a republic that calls itself a democracy and behaves like an empire) seems lost on the report’s authors, who — while predicting dire consequences as the result of the fall of the American empire — go on to recommend that the “status quo” be preserved by departing even further (if that were possible) from the founding principles of the United States. The report says, “As a review, status quo forces benefit from and act as the self-appointed guardians of the U.S.-led post-Cold War international order and its components.” As if that were a good thing.

The report goes on to say:

The order and its constituent parts, first emerged from World War II, were transformed to a unipolar system with the collapse of the Soviet Union, and have by-and-large been dominated by the United States and its major Western and Asian allies since. Status quo forces collectively are comfortable with their dominant role in dictating the terms of international security outcomes and resist the emergence of rival centers of power and authority.

It seems never to occur to the statist, tyrannical minds behind this study that the U.S.S.R. collapsed under the bloated weight of trying to maintain an empire in an age that no longer accepts the dual errors of rule by force and dominance through threat of aggression. For the United States to continue to perpetuate those same errors is to invite the same consequence. This would have been the perfect place for the report to recommend abandoning the broken system of imperialism that requires a “dominant role” in unilaterally “dictating the terms of international security outcomes.”

Instead, the report recommends increasing the dosage of poison — as if that will save the patient who is dying from the poison. The report suggests increasing the use of (or at least the threat of) military force, the surveillance state, and the use of propaganda to maintain the status quo.

The report — recommending increased force (both abroad and at home) — says:

As the Pentagon contemplates future strategy and risk, it will need to come to terms with a generalized erosion or dissolution of traditional authority structures. To date, U.S. strategists have been fixated on this trend in the greater Middle East. However, the same forces at work there are similarly eroding the reach and authority of governments worldwide.

To combat this “eroding reach and authority” of the empire, the study says it is necessary to have a “wider and more flexible military force that can generate advantage and options across the broadest possible range of military demands” saying:

While as a rule, U.S. leaders of both political parties have consistently committed to the maintenance of U.S. military superiority over all potential state rivals, the post-primacy reality demands a wider and more flexible military force that can generate advantage and options across the broadest possible range of military demands. To U.S. political leadership, maintenance of military advantage preserves maximum freedom of action. Further, it underwrites yet another bedrock principle of American defense policy — nuclear and conventional deterrence. Finally, it allows U.S. decision-makers the opportunity to dictate or hold significant sway over outcomes in international disputes in the shadow of significant U.S. military capability and the implied promise of unacceptable consequences in the event that capability is unleashed.

In other words, America should complete its abandonment of “peace, commerce, and honest friendship with all nations, entangling alliances with none” for a policy of “do it our way, or be destroyed” and “resistance is futile; you will be assimilated.”

Since (both abroad and at home) communication technology makes interconnectivity and communication both instantaneous and simple, allowing people to share ideas and collaborate on a wide range of ideas, the report sees this as a threat:

Finally, it is impossible not to recognize the profound atomization of resistance as well. The United States and its population are increasingly exposed to substantial harm and an erosion of security from individuals and small groups of motivated actors, leveraging the confluence of hyperconnectivity, fear, and increased vulnerability to sow disorder and uncertainty. This intensely disorienting and dislocating form of resistance to authority arrives via physical, virtual, and psychological violence and can create effects that appear substantially out of proportion to the origin and physical size or scale of the proximate hazard or threat.

Thus, the report recommends ramping up the surveillance state and the thought-control methods of propaganda and controlling the flow of information:

Further, the United States possesses the largest and most sophisticated and integrated intelligence complex in world. With it, it can reach into the darkest most threatening corners by either or both human and high-tech collection. Leveraging the U.S. intelligence community’s enormous human and technical analysis capability, the United States is also able to generate insight faster and more reliably than its competitors can, if it chooses to do so.

Finally, the United States’ ability to knit together into a seamless whole its substantial alliance relationships, military forward presence and power projection, intelligence capability and capacity, virtual reach, and its latent allure as a security partner of choice potentially leave it in an enviable position of strength. That strength, however, is only as durable as the United States’ willingness to see and employ it to its advantage. To the extent that the United States and its defense enterprise are seen to lead, others will follow and contribute meaningfully to solving many of the world’s most complex and threatening collective security challenges.

And:

High-end U.S. military advantage will continue to erode as the United States struggles to translate global reach into local superiority. At the same time, the U.S. homeland, individual American citizens, and U.S. public opinion and perceptions will increasingly become battlefields.

And:

Indeed, to date, American strategists have focused to the point of distraction on defense against the purposeful interruption or destruction of the United States’ information-focused connective tissue, as well as intrusion into and damage to sensitive information repositories. However, consequently, they have been less focused on the purposeful exploitation of the same architecture for the strategic manipulation of perceptions and its attendant influence on political and security outcomes.

So, having opened Pandora’s Box of surveillance and hacking, the United States is now threatened by the fact that others have access to that same technology. The proposed answer is to stop being “focused to the point of distraction” on keeping our systems safe and instead transfer that energy into both hacking and exploiting the systems of others (which — since “the U.S. homeland, individual American citizens, and U.S. public opinion and perceptions” are seen as “battlefields” — would certainly include domestic hacking and exploiting). Furthermore, since “public opinion and perceptions” are seen as threats (which — even if true — is likely a result of the overreach of what the authors of the study see as “authority"), the study recommends the “strategic manipulation of perceptions” (read: propaganda and control of the flow if information).

Reducing matters of independence, national security, and personal liberty to a zero-sum game is slow (but sure) suicide for a nation founded on the principals of non-interventionism and the primacy of liberty. The authors of the study make the argument that more independence, liberty, and national security for our foreign neighbors means less for the United States. Nothing could be further from the truth. It is in America’s best interests to back out of “entangling alliances” and start minding our own business. This report — while claiming otherwise — proves that by predicting the end of American dominance. In a world where the United States has been the “dominant” “giant” in a “unipolar system” where the powers-that-be have been “comfortable with their dominant role in dictating the terms,” the United States would do well to return to our roots before the empire collapses and the chickens come home to roost.

Rather than face the fact that American imperialism is a failed experiment, the study — which reads like a chapter of Orwell’s 1984 — presses for a more powerful, more heavy-handed, less liberty-friendly total state leveraging more force, more manipulation, and more surveillance. If followed, these recommendations will inevitably lead to the collapse of not just American imperialism, but America itself.

Silver
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Silver »

Swamp get murkier and deeper, but let's just close our eyes and pretend it will all be OK.

https://www.thenewamerican.com/usnews/p ... s-director

Monday, 24 July 2017
Anthony Scaramucci — the “Mooch” — Named as Trump’s Communications Director
Written by Bob Adelmann

Following his appointment as White House communications director on Friday, Anthony Scaramucci (shown) made the rounds of various Sunday talk shows. He told Fox News that President Trump is “one of the most effective communicators that’s ever been born. And we’re going to make sure that we get that message out directly to the American people.” He added:

I spent the last 18 months supporting him unyieldingly because he’s a great person and he’s going to be a phenomenal — he is a phenomenal — president, and he’s going to be a better president.

However, events that happened previous to Scaramucci’s accolades reveals why even his friends call him “The Mooch.” Scaramucci himself admits, “I’m really not an ideological guy” and instead is much more interested in riding whichever horse has the best chance of winning.

In 2008, Scaramucci was a fundraiser for Barack Obama. In April 2012, while serving as Mitt Romney’s national finance co-chair, he tweeted: “I hope [Hillary Clinton] runs [in 2016], she is incredibly competent.” During the 2016 presidential campaign, Scaramucci first supported Scott Walker in his run for the presidency but then switched to Jeb Bush after Walker withdrew from the race.

In January 2016, Scaramucci wrote a scathing letter excoriating Donald Trump for his demagoguery which was published by Fox Business:

At the end of the current election cycle, the Republican Party will be forced to take a long, hard look in the mirror. Unbridled demagoguery has driven the GOP to an inflection point from which there is no turning back. If a populist prevails in the primary, as appears increasingly likely, the party faces either devastating defeat in the general election or a new, unrecognizable identity. In either scenario, a large swath of the GOP electorate will be forced to eat crow and reevaluate its affiliation. Call it, if you will, a moral debt restructuring, one caused by the reckless behavior of a man who knows a thing or two about bankruptcy.

In May Scaramucci signed on as a fundraiser for Trump. He switched allegiances as easily as changing his socks, telling the Washington Post: “I am on board and will support and raise money for him. I will do whatever I can to support our Republican nominee.”

Following Trump’s victory, Scaramucci secured a position on his transition team and then was named assistant to the president. The Mooch continued to seek other positions in the administration but met with disappointments. Lack of success did not deter him, however; and in June he was rewarded with the role of senior vice president and chief strategy officer for the U.S. Export-Import Bank. At the same time, he was named as ambassador to the OECD (Organization for Economic Co-operation and Development).

But his big chance came from out of left field. CNN ran a story about an alleged meeting between Scaramucci and a Russian diplomat, ascribing all manner of suspicious under-the-table dealings. The story was false, the three editors responsible for the story were fired, and Scaramucci accepted CNN’s apology. That came at the same time that Trump was seeking, as the New York Times put it (based, the paper said, upon “a dozen people familiar with the situation”), an “upgrade” of his existing staff. When Scaramucci's appointment was made, Sean Spicer, the president’s press secretary, quietly exited, claiming that there were now “too many cooks in the kitchen” for Trump’s messaging to be effective.

Scaramucci spent much his time over the weekend responding to questions about his vitriolic attacks on Trump before he joined his campaign. The smooth-talking Long Islander did his best to laugh it off, saying that he has apologized to Trump many times for the nasty things that he said, and blamed himself for being, at the time, “an inexperienced person in the world of politics.” But those aren't his only skeletons.

After graduating from Harvard with a law degree, Scaramucci worked for Goldman Sachs in the early 1990s, being hired, fired, and then rehired before going on to found his own hedge fund, Skybridge Capital. He’s a member of the globalist World Economic Forum and speaks at its annual meeting in Davos, Switzerland. He is also a member of the globalist Council on Foreign Relations.

None of this apparently fazes the president who said Friday night: “Anthony is a person I have great respect for. We have accomplished so much, and we are being given credit for so little. The good news is the people get it, even if the media doesn’t.”

It’s no wonder that even Scaramucci’s friends call him “The Mooch.” He is now riding the horse that he long sought to ride for so many years. Even the Wall Street Journal called his appointment “the latest triumph in a career advanced through self-promotion and persistence.”

iWriteStuff
blithering blabbermouth

Post by iWriteStuff »

Silver wrote: July 25th, 2017, 8:04 am After graduating from Harvard with a law degree, Scaramucci worked for Goldman Sachs in the early 1990s, being hired, fired, and then rehired before going on to found his own hedge fund, Skybridge Capital. He’s a member of the globalist World Economic Forum and speaks at its annual meeting in Davos, Switzerland. He is also a member of the globalist Council on Foreign Relations.
Oh, I see. Tell me again, Trump supporters, how he's fighting the globalists/NWO/etc when every week seems to bring more of them into Trump's inner circle?

Silver
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Silver »

iWriteStuff wrote: July 25th, 2017, 8:10 am
Silver wrote: July 25th, 2017, 8:04 am After graduating from Harvard with a law degree, Scaramucci worked for Goldman Sachs in the early 1990s, being hired, fired, and then rehired before going on to found his own hedge fund, Skybridge Capital. He’s a member of the globalist World Economic Forum and speaks at its annual meeting in Davos, Switzerland. He is also a member of the globalist Council on Foreign Relations.
Oh, I see. Tell me again, Trump supporters, how he's fighting the globalists/NWO/etc when every week seems to bring more of them into Trump's inner circle?
Pathetic, ain't it? Hands over eyes and singing, "La La La La La."

When you know Trump is part of the problem, but just can't let go. When the cognitive dissonance is severe and yet knowing that to let go of the two-party system sets one adrift in a sea of uncertainty. It must be tough for those so used to the hive mentality. I'm extremely blessed to have grown up with a free-thinking father.

Silver
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Silver »

Hahaha. I love it when I get independent proof that all the elites are in on this big joke, whether they happen to wear a Republican or a Democrat label next to their names. A little copy and paste from the link below.

https://www.cfr.org/membership-roster-q-u

Anthony Scaramucci

Darryl Scarborough

Joe Scarborough

Yes, he's that Joe Scarborough. CFR! Hilarious, ain't it? Trump is a horrible actor and yet the sheeple fell for it.

Silver
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Silver »

OK, while we're deep in the belly of the CFR beast, let's see who else is working with Trump. Folks, people make policy. The people in charge are the ones who determine policy. You and I are not in the club. Get it? You're being robbed of your heritage by CFR traitors while the brainless are cheering for an empty slogan: MAGA.

Nadia Schadlow

https://www.cfr.org/membership-roster-g-k
Fiona Hill

Dirty rotten magazine called Foreign Policy:
http://foreignpolicy.com/2017/03/20/n-s ... t-the-nsc/

N. Schadlow and F. Hill land at the NSC
BY THOMAS E. RICKSMARCH 20, 2017
Nadia.jpg
Nadia.jpg (41.99 KiB) Viewed 1019 times
I see Nadia Schadlow has joined the staff of H.R. McMaster’s National Security Council, where she is handling national security strategy.

Also good to see that Fiona Hill, who understands Putin well, is also joining NSC staff.

Both are interesting picks. Like McMaster, they are well-educated, skeptical, and informed. In other words, the opposite of the president they serve.

iWriteStuff
blithering blabbermouth

Post by iWriteStuff »

Silver wrote: July 25th, 2017, 8:26 am Hahaha. I love it when I get independent proof that all the elites are in on this big joke, whether they happen to wear a Republican or a Democrat label next to their names. A little copy and paste from the link below.

Anthony Scaramucci

Darryl Scarborough

Joe Scarborough

Yes, he's that Joe Scarborough. CFR! Hilarious, ain't it? Trump is a horrible actor and yet the sheeple fell for it.
What if I said it was Trump's acting skills that got him elected?

"You'd be in jail!"
"It's going to be so easy, and everyone will be covered for less money."
"The President should seek Congressional approval before going to war."
"We're going to call China a currency manipulator."
"You're going to get so tired of winning...."
"Hillary works for Goldman Sachs, and they're evil."

The Trump we have now doesn't even resemble the one running last year, except for his love of walls and debt. Clearly that's some Emmy winning acting skills on display there.

eddie
captain of 1,000

Post by eddie »

Take the radicalized ( ISIS anyone?) Trump lefty hater who tried to take out the republicans playing ball, it's pure hate and evil, I thought it would happen sooner and have no doubt it will happen again! Lefties are men who hide and attack, riot, burn cars, uncivilized terrorists. This is nothing more than playing into Satans plan- shame on you!

I agree with most of what our President is doing, sanctuary cities, ( what a joke) illegals, vetting all who come to our Country, using American workers and American resources, cutting the budgets of government agencies- especially the EPA! Finally a President with some sense, a tough man with a big heart, truly a Good Samaritan who has helped many people and doesn't want credit for it, more people than we know. He has a vested interest and love for this Country. He appreciates those who fought and fight for our country, he is rebuilding our military. Clinton mothballed aircraft carriers, ( he's a lover not a fighter 💋) and our last pres had agendas that weren't pro America. 👀 Hang in there President Trump!!!

Silver
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Silver »

iWriteStuff wrote: July 25th, 2017, 8:53 am
Silver wrote: July 25th, 2017, 8:26 am Hahaha. I love it when I get independent proof that all the elites are in on this big joke, whether they happen to wear a Republican or a Democrat label next to their names. A little copy and paste from the link below.

Anthony Scaramucci

Darryl Scarborough

Joe Scarborough

What if I said it was Trump's acting skills that got him elected?

"You'd be in jail!"
"It's going to be so easy, and everyone will be covered for less money."
"The President should seek Congressional approval before going to war."
"We're going to call China a currency manipulator."
"You're going to get so tired of winning...."
"Hillary works for Goldman Sachs, and they're evil."

The Trump we have now doesn't even resemble the one running last year, except for his love of walls and debt. Clearly that's some Emmy winning acting skills on display there.
OK, I'll give you that. But only because half the country was so desperate after 8 years of Obama that they did not have the eyes to see the Trump deception.

I like that you are giving Trump the Emmy Award (for the small screen...the sheeples love them some TEEVEE) instead of the Academy.

eddie
captain of 1,000

Post by eddie »

iWriteStuff wrote: July 24th, 2017, 10:10 pm
Doug wrote: July 24th, 2017, 9:49 pm
Clearly you haven't met Silver...

Silver's Flammability.jpg
Haha! He is definitely full of hot air!

Silver
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Silver »

Let's see how many more brown people Trump can kill in the Middle East. His supporters will beat their chest and shout "America's national security interests" completing missing the fact that the premise that we should have troops all over the world is evil. Pure evil. So our modern Gadiantons send our troops to every corner of the globe and set up the fulfillment of prophecy. A prophecy of doom.

Stirring the pot. It's what Satan and his minions do as seen in the video at the link below.

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2017-07-2 ... ian-vessel

US Navy Patrol Ship Fires Warning Shots At Iranian Vessel

by Tyler Durden
Jul 25, 2017 10:22 AM

One day after a US spy plane had to take "evasive action" over the East China Sea after a Chinese fighter jet showed off its Top Gun skills and appeared 90 meters in front of the interloper, a US Navy patrol ship fired warning shots toward an Iranian vessel near the northern Arabian Gulf on Tuesday after the vessel came within 150 yards (137 meters).

Al Arabiya English ✔ @AlArabiya_Eng
#BREAKING: #US navy ship fires warning shots toward #Iranian vessel after it comes within 150 yards in northern #ArabianGulf: US official
8:42 AM - 25 Jul 2017
31 31 Retweets 10 10 likes
Twitter Ads info and privacy
Reuters, which confirms the report, quotes an official who said the USS Thunderbolt fired the warning shots after the Iranian vessel ignored radio calls and the ship's whistle. The Thunderbolt was being accompanied by several U.S. Coast Guard vessels.

The official also said that the Iranian vessel appeared to be from Iran's Islamic Revolutionary Guard Corps.

“The IRGCN boat was coming in at a high rate of speed. It did not respond to any signals, they did not respond to any bridge-to-bridge calls, they felt there was no choice except to fire the warning shots,” the defense official told AFP.

The incident comes as tensions in the Arabian Gulf remain elevated throughout the Qatar crisis, with Iran backing up the small kingdom against the Saudi-led Arab bloc. Additionally, Iran lashed out at the US following the latest sanctions and even though Trump's administration recently declared that Iran was complying with its nuclear agreement with world powers, he warned that Tehran was not following the spirit of the accord and that Washington would look for ways to strengthen it.

Similar incidents have happened periodically, the last in January when a U.S. Navy destroyer fired three warning shots at four Iranian fast-attack vessels near the Strait of Hormuz after they closed in at high speed and disregarded repeated requests to slow down.

eddie
captain of 1,000

Post by eddie »

I was blessed with a Father who taught me not to hate!

Silver
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Silver »

Alma 46:
21 And it came to pass that when Moroni had proclaimed these words, behold, the people came running together with their armor girded about their loins, rending their garments in token, or as a covenant, that they would not forsake the Lord their God; or, in other words, if they should transgress the commandments of God, or fall into transgression, and be ashamed to take upon them the name of Christ, the Lord should rend them even as they had rent their garments.

Rise up, Moroni. Rise up.