Good Behavior Trump Debate Thread

For discussion of liberty, freedom, government and politics.
Doug
captain of 100

Re: Good Behavior Trump Debate Thread

Post by Doug »

freedomforall wrote: July 26th, 2017, 11:55 pm
eddie wrote: July 26th, 2017, 11:05 pm FFA is a favorite of mine, he teaches by the scriptures and has been on this forum a long time. Shadow doesn't post much but is dead on with his remarks. Marc is the most spiritual, and me, I'm just something the cat drug in.
That's funny, we must have been associated with the same cat. :))
That must be some cat, I love cats. I think they are much smarter than they let on, and that is smart. Dogs want us to think they are smart and as a result, look at what we expect of them. But when was the last time you had high expectations of a cat.
My facebook page is a picture of a cat, no not a cat but The Cat. She was a most remarkable cat. She has passed and I miss her but I know I will see her again, just like all my family.

Katheren, Kat for short
Katheren, Kat for short
image.jpeg (115.92 KiB) Viewed 1213 times

freedomforall
Gnolaum ∞

Post by freedomforall »

Doug wrote: July 26th, 2017, 11:54 pm
eddie wrote: July 26th, 2017, 11:05 pm FFA is a favorite of mine, he teaches by the scriptures and has been on this forum a long time. Shadow doesn't post much but is dead on with his remarks. Marc is the most spiritual, and me, I'm just something the cat drug in.
Obviusly, a cat with good taste.

I think I will try other topics, other than politics.
I have done a lot of research/reading on government. To name some of my favorites;
The Magisty of Gods Law, Skousen
The Law, Bastiat
None dare call it conspiracy, ? Gary Allen.
An Enemy hath done this, Clark...Ezra Taft Benson?
<a big long title I don't remember but usually called the little red book>, Merril & Lockhart
Cleansing of America, Skousen
Isaeah speaks to modern times, Skousen
The Statutes of the State of Utah
Orem City Ordinances
Declaration of Independence - a stunning document, so under utilized.
U.S. Constitution
I have been refered to by my friends as a very conservative conservative.

But my greater love is The Plan of Salvation & The Gospel of Jesus Christ.
I would love to have some great discussions concerning these.
I started a topic, Mysteries of the Kingdom

So I appreciate the kind words, thank you.
Not trying to insult in any way, only wondering if you were mistaken about the author of An Enemy Hath Done This. I have read the book as well, among others.

Doug
captain of 100

Post by Doug »

Freedomforall, yep, you are right, thanks for the correction. It's been quit a while since I read those two.

And that reminds me of Ezra Taft Bensons, The Proper Role of Government - brilliant.

freedomforall
Gnolaum ∞

Post by freedomforall »

Doug wrote: July 27th, 2017, 12:32 am Freedomforall, yep, you are right, thanks for the correction. It's been quit a while since I read those two.

And that reminds me of Ezra Taft Bensons, The Proper Role of Government - brilliant.
Check out this website:

http://www.inspiredconstitution.org/books.html

Lots of good reading.

freedomforall
Gnolaum ∞

Post by freedomforall »

BREAKING: KID SHOWS UP AT TRUMP RALLY WITH SOMETHING IN HIS HANDS..POLICE ACT IN AN INSTANT

Doug
captain of 100

Post by Doug »

freedomforall wrote: July 27th, 2017, 1:06 am
Doug wrote: July 27th, 2017, 12:32 am Freedomforall, yep, you are right, thanks for the correction. It's been quit a while since I read those two.

Check out this website:

http://www.inspiredconstitution.org/books.html

Lots of good reading.
Good list, I've read some others on that list as well.

I'm also fond of https://mises.org/library
And Mises in general

Silver
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Silver »

Warmongers! If everyone on this forum knows that the Saudis are brutally killing innocent people in Yemen, then the Trump administration knows it. Yet Trump is selling the incestuous Saudi regime over a billion dollars in weapons.

How can Americans remain silent while this murder continues?

https://www.antiwar.com/blog/2017/07/21 ... thy-kelly/

At Every Door by Kathy Kelly
Kathy Kelly Posted on July 21, 2017

“I come and stand at every door
But none shall hear my silent tread
I knock and yet remain unseen”
~ Nazim Hikmet

On July 18, 2017, at a U.S. Senate Foreign Relations Committee hearing focused on "The Four Famines: Root Causes and a Multilateral Action Plan," Republican Senator Todd Young, a former Marine, asked officials present if ongoing war in Yemen could fail to exacerbate the catastrophe developing there – one of four countries, along with Southern Sudan, Nigeria, and Somalia, set to collectively lose 20 million people this year, one third the death toll of WWII, from conflict-driven famine. Yemen is being bombarded and blockaded, using US-supplied weapons and vehicles, by a local coalition marshaled by US client state Saudi Arabia. Yemen’s near-famine conditions, with attendant cholera outbreak, are so dire that in Yemen it is estimated a child dies every 10 minutes of preventable disease.

At the hearing, Senator Young held aloft a photo of a World Food Program warehouse in Yemen, which was destroyed in 2015. Senator Young asked David Beasley, Executive Director of the World Food Program, to name the country responsible for the airstrike that destroyed the food warehouse. Mr. Beasley said the Saudi-led coalition blockading Yemen had destroyed the warehouse, along with the relief supplies it contained.

A July 2016 Human Rights Watch report documented 13 civilian economic structures destroyed by Saudi coalition led bombing between March 2015 and February 2016, "including factories, commercial warehouses, a farm, and two power stations. These strikes killed 130 civilians and injured 171 more. The facilities hit by airstrikes produced, stored, or distributed goods for the civilian population including food, medicine, and electricity – items that even before the war were in short supply in Yemen, which is among the poorest countries in the Middle East. Collectively, the facilities employed over 2,500 people; following the attacks, many of the factories ended their production and hundreds of workers lost their livelihoods."

Asked about the Saudi coalition’s destruction of four cranes needed to offload relief supplies in Yemen’s port city Hodeidah, Mr. Beasley clarified that the loss of the cranes has vastly impeded WFP efforts to deliver food and medicines. Senator Young read from Mr. Beasley’s June 27th letter to the Saudi government, only the latest of multiple requests, asking that the WFP be allowed to deliver replacement cranes. Mr. Beasley said the Saudis had provided no reply. Senator Young noted that, in the three weeks since this last letter had been sent, more than 3,000 Yemeni children had died of preventable, famine-related causes.

Silver
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Silver »

There was this guy. He was a big shot. Then he decided he wanted to boss everybody around and make them do right all the time so that the glory of all those good actions would get piled up in his eternal bank account. The people voted and decided to reject his unrighteous dominion. So he moved and in his new place he's always directing things from behind the scenes, trying to make everyone miserable or poor or dead, especially dead. Now he has many followers, like the elites and their puppets, one of whom is Trump.

You can see that guy's influence in the actions of his followers as they foment for bloodshed. Whenever you see a warlike people, you know that guy has got a hold on the leadership of their country. Whenever you see a guy half a planet away trying to tell people how to live -- with militaristic threats -- then you know Lucifer is laughing with delight.

https://www.libertarianinstitute.org/bl ... taliation/

CIA threatens regime change in North Korea, North Korea threatens nuclear retaliation
By James Holbrooks - July 27, 2017
Share on Facebook Tweet on Twitter

North Korea — Less than a week after C.I.A. chief Mike Pompeo suggested that regime change in North Korea would be a good thing for the Trump administration, the East Asian country said Tuesday it was ready and willing to strike the U.S. with a “nuclear hammer” if that proves to be the Trump team’s agenda.

“Should the U.S. dare to show even the slightest sign of attempt to remove our supreme leadership, we will strike a merciless blow at the heart of the U.S. with our powerful nuclear hammer, honed and hardened over time,” writes state-run Korean Central News Agency (KCNA), quoting a spokesman from the Foreign Ministry.

Speaking at the Aspen Security Forum in Colorado on July 20, C.I.A. director Pompeo said it would be “a great thing to denuclearize the peninsula, to get those weapons off of that, but the thing that is most dangerous about it is the character who holds the control over them today.”

Continuing, Pompeo appeared to hint that there’s a consensus within Washington, D.C. that ousting Kim Jong-un is something that “ultimately needs to be achieved” in order to combat the North Korean nuclear threat:

“So from the administration’s perspective, the most important thing we can do is separate those two. Right? Separate capacity and someone who might well have intent and break those two apart.”

The C.I.A. director further stated that citizens of North Korea would be appreciative if Kim’s finger was off the nuclear button:

“As for the regime, I am hopeful we will find a way to separate that regime from this system. The North Korean people I’m sure are lovely people and would love to see him go.”

On that subject, KCNA wrote Tuesday that North Korea’s “army and people have never thought about their destiny and future separated from their supreme leadership” and that the “first and foremost mission of our revolutionary armed forces with the nuclear force as their backbone is to defend the leader at the cost of their lives.”

The comments come at a time when the mainstream media is reporting that North Korea could produce a nuclear-capable missile in far less time than previously estimated.

As Anti-Media highlighted last week, however, the second-highest ranking U.S. military official, vice chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff General Paul Selva, stated recently that North Korea lacks “the capacity to strike the United States with any degree of accuracy or reasonable confidence of success.”
Last edited by Silver on July 27th, 2017, 6:21 am, edited 1 time in total.

Silver
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Silver »

More evidence of Satanic meddling:

https://mises.org/blog/congress-loves-s ... -ever-work

Congress Loves to Slap Sanctions on Foreign Regimes — But Do They Ever Work?

07/24/2017Ron Paul
This week’s expected House vote to add more sanctions on Russia, Iran, and North Korea is a prime example of how little thought goes into US foreign policy. Sanctions have become kind of an automatic action the US government takes when it simply doesn’t know what else to do.

No matter what the problem, no matter where on earth it occurs, the answer from Washington is always sanctions. Sanctions are supposed to force governments to change policies and do what Washington tells them or face the wrath of their people. So the goal of sanctions is to make life as miserable as possible for civilians so they will try to overthrow their governments. Foreign leaders and the elites do not suffer under sanctions. This policy would be immoral even if it did work, but it does not.

Why is Congress so eager for more sanctions on Russia? The neocons and the media have designated Russia as the official enemy and the military industrial complex and other special interests want to continue getting rich terrifying Americans into believing the propaganda.

Silver
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Silver »

Dear Fellow Patriot,

Every day that goes by without an announcement from the Trump administration is only emboldening anti-gun statists at the United Nations.

They know that one simple Executive Action from Donald Trump's administration -- announcing that the U.S. will no longer support their global gun ban -- could crush their goal of imposing the U.N.'s so-called "Small Arms Treaty" in the United States . . .

But the questions remain: Will he do it? And why hasn't he yet?

Are anti-gun New York advisors in his administration in Washington, D.C. trying to convince him to leave the Treaty untouched for "security?"

Fellow Patriot, with the stakes so high, you and I can't take anything for granted.

That's why it's absolutely critical you fill out and sign the Official Firearms Sovereignty Survey that I'll link you to in a moment!

As I'll explain shortly, the longer the Trump administration sits on its hands, the more dangerous our situation becomes . . .

And should this scheme ever be imposed in the United States, it would be nothing short of a global gun control DISASTER.

After reading through the details of the Treaty, it's hard to see how our Second Amendment could survive such an assault.

Perhaps the worst of the Treaty's provisions can be found in Article V, which mandates countries establish a "National Control List" -- or a NATIONAL GUN REGISTRATION database!

You and I both know gun registration is just the first step toward outright CONFISCATION.

And the U.N. is already plotting their next step -- developing new "International Small Arms Control Standards" (ISACS).

Their goal is to impose these radical anti-gun initiatives on every nation who signs the U.N. "Small Arms Treaty." Introductory language already includes:
*** Mandated national "screening" for all persons seeking to own guns, giving bureaucrats the final say on whether or not you're "competent" enough to own a gun;
*** Restrictive licensing for gun and ammo sales, and perhaps even bans on certain types of firearms. This could include anything from semi-auto rifles to shotguns to handguns!
*** Restrictions on the number of guns and amount of ammo any "properly-licensed" individual may legally own;
*** Bans on magazines holding more than ten rounds;
*** Bans on owning a firearm for self-defense -- unless a citizen can somehow demonstrate need and get federal government approval.
To date, 89 nations have ratified the Treaty. Another 130 -- including the United States -- have signed on signaling conceptual support.

For Freedom,

Rand Paul
United States Senator (R-KY)

Silver
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Silver »

More facts to be ignored. More dastardly deeds to be done under the president who campaigned on less interventionism. What?!!!??! Another lying politician??? Color me surprised. Not.

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2017-07-2 ... l-security

The Military Industrial Complex Is Undermining US National Security

by Tyler Durden
Jul 27, 2017 2:50 AM

Authored by Federico Pieraccini via The Strategic Culture Foundation,

The ongoing problems with the F-35 and other military programs, stemming from virtually unlimited budgets, underline the inefficiency of the American military-industrial complex (MIC). In contrast, Moscow develops armaments capable of counteracting the latest technological advances of the US at minimal cost.

One of a state’s most insidious mechanisms is the inefficiency of the military-industrial sector. When looking at the world's first superpower, this becomes all the more pronounced. Still, the ongoing problems highlighted by the F-35 program and failed missile interceptions by ABM systems are a good demonstration of how inefficiency in the US military sector has risen to worrying levels.

The main cause of these issues is related to the huge military-industrial complex that employs hundreds of thousands Americans directly or indirectly. The unhealthy composition of this power conglomerate often employs a revolving door involving politicians and board members from large arms-producing companies. This situation raises questions about corruption as well as a number of obvious conflicts of interest.

It is no surprise, therefore, that Congress is increasingly willing to grant what almost amount to blank checks to finance military budgets, numbering in the hundreds of billions of dollars. The second factor that impacts negatively on the efficiency of the MIC is the propaganda to which the entire American system is subjected. Looking at the example of think-tanks, they are all practically funded, directly or indirectly, by the military-related industries or foreign governments (especially Qatar, Saudi Arabia and Israel). The role of think-tanks is to influence policymakers, creating a common view between components of the (deep) state.

A problem arises when almost all experts and politicians participating in these Washington based think tanks come from federal agencies or industries tied to the military through contracts worth billions of dollars. Hardly offering any dissent from official or mainstream opinions on issue ranging from Russia to the F-35, politicians, experts and journalists all agree that Russia constitutes the main danger and that the F-35 program does not have any critical issues and is actually a superior weapon, two lies in full swing. Think-tanks and their guests promote an erroneous narrative that seeds, nourishes and sustains the problems and inefficiencies that beset military systems and Washington's strategic vision. They offer no criticism, no change of policy, only echo chambers of lies and propaganda.

In addition to the think-tanks and the revolving doors involving board members of MIC companies and Congress and Senate members, a major problem concerns the timing of projects and the contemporary technological advancements of geopolitical opponents. The cost of projects such as the F-35, the ABM system, and the new supercarrier, the USS Gerald R. Ford, have reached astronomical figures, following decades of development. The immediate consequences are the obsolescence of these systems once they come into service, especially when compared with weapon systems developed, or being developed, by countries such as China and especially Russia.

Despite the fact that US spending is unmatched in the world, amounting to about half of that of all countries combined, the weapons systems of competitors often cost less and are more efficient.

The survival of the MIC is inextricably tied to the US dollar and its role in the world as a reserve currency. With almost $700 billion a year worth of military spending, it is easy to reach a nationwide debt of over $21 trillion. The only way to sustain this kind of debt is due to the credibility of the dollar itself.

Silver
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Silver »

It's sad when most of the children of the covenant ignore the Lord's warnings (see Pres. Kimball's warning about being a warlike people) and vote in warmongers, both Republican and Democrat.

Never forget:
There is something very dangerous and wrong about this new war fever being pushed upon the American people. Taking advantage of a nation shocked and shaken after being "under attack," the Bush administration is showing every sign of marshaling a much larger military force than necessary to tackle the stated enemy--international terrorism. Terrorism is a distributed and dispersed threat. It is not concentrated in any single country. There are perhaps two dozen significant terrorist training camps in the world, and any one of them can be neutralized by the judicious use of point air strikes and special forces. There are hundreds of smaller terrorist cells in all western countries. Some are too well hidden to be found, but many can be tackled by existing intelligence and police agencies. The point I am making, as forcefully as possible, is that this problem does not have to be attacked with a Gulf War style mobilization--which is precisely what President Bush and Defense Secretary Rumsfeld are building. Something is very wrong with the growing beat of Republican war drums. The 50,000 reservists being mobilized alone exceed by almost 10 times the number of known terrorists in the world. There appears to be a hidden agenda behind these major war preparations--and fighting terrorism may well be only the excuse.

First, I want to establish that the official US response to this terrorist attack showing surprise, shock and indignation is, in part, a sham. For years the US government has known and tracked every significant terrorist organization to raise its head, and yet has done little to impede their growth or target their weapons procurement lines (with the exception of one attack on a Libyan terrorist training camp in the 80's, and those camps were back in operation within months). There is even evidence of US intelligence agencies turning a blind eye on terrorist preparations for just such an attack as happened this week. As Reed Irvine, writing for NewsMax.com, reported,

"In 1995, when one of his (Osama bin Laden’s) followers, Abdul Hakim Murad, was arrested in Manila, the Philippine authorities discovered a plot on his laptop computer that called for hijacking US airliners and bombing them or crashing them into targets, including the CIA. It was called Project Bojinka, and US officials were made aware of it at that time. Murad admitted that he was being trained for a suicide mission. He was extradited to the US and convicted, together with Ramzi Yousef, of participating in the World Trade Center bombing in 1993. That should have focused the attention of the CIA, FBI and NSA on any indications that bin Laden had not abandoned Project Bojinka. Reports that bin Laden was training pilots should have set alarm bells ringing. Only a few months ago an American Airlines crew had their uniforms and ID badges stolen from their hotel room in Rome. At the end of August, the airline alerted its employees to be on the lookout for impostors, but apparently no one saw this as a possible link to Project Bojinka. Airport security remained as lax as ever. Next came bin Laden's warning in mid-August that there would be 'an unprecedented attack on US interests.' With Bojinka in mind, the government should have taken the strongest possible measures to prevent hijackings."
-Joel Skousen

Silver
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Silver »

Cooler heads, armed with facts, are trying to keep us out of conflict with Iran. Warmongers, on the other hand, populate the Marmalade's administration and push for more dead brown people.

Look an article only 5 months old. Prescient? No, it is the voice of experience. Trump supporters want to pretend that magic pixie dust fell on Washington, DC, on election night and no more NWO guys would dictate policy since the Marmalade took over. Obviously wrong.

https://www.thenewamerican.com/reviews/ ... sights-now

Friday, 21 July 2017
Is Iran in Our Gun Sights Now?
Written by Patrick J. Buchanan

Is Iran in Our Gun Sights Now?
"Iran must be free. The dictatorship must be destroyed. Containment is appeasement and appeasement is surrender."

Thus does our Churchill, Newt Gingrich, dismiss, in dealing with Iran, the policy of containment crafted by George Kennan and pursued by nine U.S. presidents to bloodless victory in the Cold War.

Why is containment surrender? "Because freedom is threatened everywhere so long as this dictatorship stays in power," says Gingrich.

But how is our freedom threatened by a regime with 3 percent of our GDP that has been around since Jimmy Carter was president?

Fortunately, Gingrich has found a leader to bring down the Iranian regime and ensure the freedom of mankind. "In our country that was George Washington and ... the Marquis de Lafayette. In Italy it was Garibaldi," says Gingrich.

Whom has he found to rival Washington and Garibaldi? Says Gingrich, "Maryam Rajavi."

Who is she? The leader of the National Council of Resistance of Iran, or Mujahedeen-e-Khalq, which opposed the Shah, broke with the old Ayatollah, collaborated with Saddam Hussein, and, until 2012, was designated a terrorist organization by the U.S. Department of State.

At the NCRI conference in Paris in July where Gingrich spoke, and the speaking fees were reportedly excellent, John Bolton and Rudy Giuliani were also on hand.

Calling Iran's twice-elected President Hassan Rouhani, "a violent, vicious murderer," Giuliani said, "the time has come for regime change."

Bolton followed suit. "Tehran is not merely a nuclear weapons threat, it is not merely a terrorist threat, it is a conventional threat to everybody in the region," he said. Hence, "the declared policy of the United States of America should be the overthrow of the mullahs' regime in Tehran."

We will all celebrate in Tehran in 2019, Bolton assured the NCRI faithful.

Good luck. Yet, as The New York Times said yesterday, all this talk, echoed all over this capital, is driving us straight toward war. "A drumbeat of provocative words, outright threats and actions — from President Trump and some of his top aides as well as Sunni Arab leaders and American activists — is raising tensions that could lead to armed conflict with Iran."

Is this what America wants or needs — a new Mideast war against a country three times the size of Iraq?

After Afghanistan, Iraq, Libya, Syria and Yemen, would America and the world be well-served by a war with Iran that could explode into a Sunni-Shiite religious war across the Middle East?

Bolton calls Iran "a nuclear weapons threat."

But in 2007, all 17 U.S. intelligence agencies declared with high confidence Iran had no nuclear weapons program. They stated this again in 2011. Under the nuclear deal, Iran exported almost all of its uranium, stopped enriching to 20 percent, shut down thousands of centrifuges, poured concrete into the core of its heavy water reactor, and allows U.N. inspectors to crawl all over every facility.

Is Iran, despite all this, operating a secret nuclear weapons program? Or is this War Party propaganda meant to drag us into another Mideast war?

To ascertain the truth, the Senate Foreign Relations Committee should call the heads of the CIA and DIA, and the Director of National Intelligence, to testify in open session.

We are told we are menaced also by a Shiite Crescent rising and stretching from Beirut to Damascus, Baghdad and Tehran.

And who created this Shiite Crescent?

It was George W. Bush who ordered the Sunni regime of Saddam overthrown, delivering Iraq to its Shiite majority. It was Israel whose invasion and occupation of Lebanon from 1982 to 2000 gave birth to the Shiite resistance now known as Hezbollah.

As for Bashar Assad in Syria, his father sent troops to fight alongside Americans in the Gulf War.

The Ayatollah's regime, the Islamic Revolutionary Guard Corps and the Basij militia are deeply hostile to this country. But Iran does not want war with the United States — for the best of reasons. Iran would be smashed like Iraq, and its inevitable rise, as the largest and most advanced country on the Persian Gulf, would be aborted.

Moreover, we have interests in common: Peace in the Gulf, from which Iran's oil flows and without which Iran cannot grow, as Rouhani intends, by deepening Iran's ties to Europe and the advanced world.

And we have enemies in common: ISIS, al-Qaida and all the Sunni terrorists whose wildest dream is to see their American enemies fight their Shiite enemies.

Who else wants a U.S. war with Iran, besides ISIS?

Unfortunately, their number is legion: Saudis, Israelis, neocons and their think tanks, websites and magazines, hawks in both parties on Capitol Hill, democracy crusaders, and many in the Pentagon who want to deliver payback for what the Iranian-backed Shiite militias did to us in Iraq.

President Trump is key. If he does the War Party's bidding, that will be his legacy, as the Iraq War is the legacy of George W. Bush.

Silver
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Silver »

Let's put a face to Trump's warmongering. And it is all preventable. Guess who's laughing along with the Gadiantons.
Trump Babies.JPG
Trump Babies.JPG (179.42 KiB) Viewed 1098 times
Nearly two million Yemeni children are acutely malnourished, says UN report (Reuters)

http://www.middleeasteye.net/news/yemen ... 1816115044

Yemeni children suffer in their millions as war rages, says UN

Violence, cholera and malnutrition combine to leave four in five childen needing immediate humanitarian aid, says UN

A vicious combination of war, cholera and hunger has left 80 percent of Yemeni children in desperate need of aid, the UN said on Wednesday.

"Nearly 80 percent of Yemen's children need immediate humanitarian assistance," the executive directors of three UN agencies said in a joint statement released at the end of a two-day visit.

"Nearly two million Yemeni children are acutely malnourished. Malnutrition makes them more susceptible to cholera. Disease creates more malnutrition.

"A vicious combination."

More than two years of fighting between Yemen's Saudi-backed government and Shia rebels allied with Iran have destroyed much of the country's infrastructure and left millions at risk of famine.

The country also faces "the world's worst cholera outbreak in the midst of the world's largest humanitarian crisis", with the number of cases expected to reach 600,000 by the end of the year, the agency directors said.

The directors of the World Health Organisation, the UN Children's Fund and the World Food Programme toured both government- and rebel-held areas during their visit.

They said they saw "children who can barely gather the strength to breathe" and vital infrastructure damaged or destroyed.

Silver
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Silver »

This is how it works, or supposed to. A democratically elected leader acts in the interests of his country and invites another friendly country to base their troops there.

Luciferians, on the other hand, illegally enter a country and unilaterally set up bases there. Well, not all Luciferians do that because they don't have the military budgets to do so. However, if the country has been spending nearly a trillion dollars per annum on military expenditures, it can easily park its troops almost anywhere it wants.

No wonder doom is prophesied in America's future.

http://theantimedia.org/putin-russian-a ... eal-syria/

Putin Cements 50-Year Military Presence in Syria with Russian Air Base Deal
July 27, 2017 at 9:37 am
Written by Middle East Eye

(MEE) — Vladimir Putin has signed a law ratifying a deal with the Syrian government allowing Russia to keep its air base in Syria for almost half a century, official documents show.

We're revolutionizing the news industry, but we need your help! Click here to get started.
The original deal, signed in Damascus in January, sets out the terms under which Russia can use its Hmeimim air base in Lattakia Province which it has used to carry out air strikes against forces opposing President Bashar al-Assad.

The Russian president approved the agreement on Wednesday, after the two chambers of the Russian parliament backed it earlier this month, according to the government’s official information portal.

The document says Russian forces will be deployed at the Hmeimim base for 49 years with the option of extending that arrangement for 25-year periods.

The base has been at the heart of Moscow’s military foray since it intervened in the conflict in September 2015, helping turn the tide in favour of Assad, one of Russia’s closest Middle East allies.

Last month, Assad made his first visit to the air base, located in western Syria.

“The Syrian people will not forget that its Russian brothers stood next to them in this national war,” Assad wrote in a visitors’ book at the base, state news agency SANA reported.

freedomforall
Gnolaum ∞

Post by freedomforall »

Silver wrote: July 26th, 2017, 5:40 pmPoking our noses into other people's business is also costly, and wasteful.
In case you missed the memo from God, here it is again.

Ain't this the truth, something you are guilty of on this forum...sticking your nose into other people's business. :-?
There have been wars going on ever since Adam. Joseph Smith prophesied wars and rumors of war.

Now pay very close attention so you don't misconstrue what is written.

1 Nephi 14:15-16
15 And it came to pass that I beheld that the wrath of God was poured out upon that great and abominable church, insomuch that there were wars and rumors of wars among all the nations and kindreds of the earth.

And this especially:

Joseph Smith—Matthew 1:23,28
23 Behold, I speak these things unto you for the elect’s sake; and you also shall hear of wars, and rumors of wars; see that ye be not troubled, for all I have told you must come to pass; but the end is not yet.

So you think you can change the world outcome by all this preaching, ranting and name calling?

Talk about a wasteful effort. And you, Silver, should pay heed to the Prophet and not be so troubled that it blinds you, and steers you to the extent of badmouthing anyone that does not think like you.

freedomforall
Gnolaum ∞

Post by freedomforall »

Warmongering...hatemongering = what's the difference? It takes hatemongers to stir up people to becoming warmongers, and it starts with attempting to brainwash people's minds into standing next to the hatemonger and internalizing every fiery dart's message coming forth out of their mouth.

Repetitive dissemination of hate filled gossip can warp other minds until their come to think and act the same way as the hatemonger. Then the cycle continues until a conflict occurs and people die.

There is wisdom in paying heed to what was said about not being troubled; that it is all part of that which has been prophesied that will eventually destroy the wicked. Why become as the people being torn asunder by listening to and maybe even agreeing with one who is belligerent, disrespectful and likely to be as forceful as a tyrant?

They say misery loves company. Is there someone acting miserable attempting to acquire company on this very forum?

Silver
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Silver »

One thing you can usually count on in Wash DC is the functioning of the revolving door. The same old Gadiantons come back time and time again. Here's an article about some currently working in the Trump administration. Evil people.

https://www.antiwar.com/blog/2017/07/22 ... istration/

The Torture-Friendly Trump Administration
Medea Benjamin Posted on July 22, 2017
It should come as no surprise to anyone that Donald Trump is pro-torture. He said on the campaign trail he’d approve waterboarding “in a heartbeat,” plus “a hell of a lot worse.”

He added: “Only a stupid person would say it doesn’t work.”

There are certainly a lot of stupid people then, because everyone from interrogators to researchers have repeatedly concluded that torture doesn’t work. People will say whatever you want them to say to make the pain stop, making torture not only inhumane but also bad for intelligence.

A 2009 Senate Armed Services Committee review concluded that torture “damaged our ability to collect accurate intelligence that could save lives, strengthened the hand of our enemies, and compromised our moral authority.” That’s why the Senate voted in 2015 to turn the presidential ban on torture into official law.

To his credit, Trump did water down his original support for torture, allowing Defense Secretary James Mattis – who opposes torture – to override him.

But if the Trump administration is now opposed to torture, why are they nominating the architects of America’s torture fiasco to key posts?

Take Steven Bradbury, nominated to be general counsel for the Transportation Department. Bradbury is infamous for writing the legal memos authorizing CIA torture at the Bush Justice Department.

Bradbury’s confirmation was placed on hold by Senator Tammy Duckworth, an Iraq veteran who lost her legs in the war. “The actions you helped justify put our troops in harm’s way, put our diplomats deployed overseas in harm’s way, and you compromised our nation’s very values,” she said angrily at his confirmation hearing.

Or what about Donald Trump’s nominee to head the FBI, Christopher Wray?

Wray was at the Justice Department when attorney John Yoo and others were drafting their torture memos. Wray knew about detainee abuse and did not, as head of the criminal division, bring charges against any of the Bush administration torturers – except for one low-level CIA contractor who beat a prisoner to death.

A third person connected to torture is Gina Haspel, who was appointed deputy director of the CIA. Haspel ran a “black site” prison in Thailand where suspects were waterboarded – and then helped destroy video of the interrogations.

The Senate Intelligence Committee meticulously documented the sordid U.S. record of torture under the Bush administration in a 6,770-page report. But the public hasn’t been able to read it – only the executive summary has been released.

Yet this isn’t just an exercise in history. In June, Human Rights Watch and the Associated Press published explosive reports revealing a secret network of prisons in southern Yemen run by U.S.-allied United Arab Emirates and Yemeni forces.

The reports reveal horrific practices in which prisoners, including children, have been arbitrarily detained, forcibly disappeared, sexually assaulted, and tortured. One torture method, known as the “grill,” had victims tied to a spit like a roast and spun in a circle of fire.

Reports indicate that the US military knew about the torture, received transcripts of the interrogations conducted by Yemeni interrogators, and interrogated several detainees themselves. According to one Yemeni security officer, American forces were only yards away from a facility where torture took place.

Silver
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Silver »

Evil, incestuous, terrorist-supporting tyrants who make up the House of Saud and run the Saudi kingdom put on a massive show for the evil, murdering, narcissistic Trump. He was so proud. How should we repay the Saudis? Yeah, baby, we should sell them a lot more weapons.

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2017-07-2 ... -execution

Michigan Faculty And Lawmakers Urge Reprieve Of Student In "Imminent" Saudi Execution

by Tyler Durden
Jul 27, 2017 7:19 PM

Amnesty International is warning that 14 young men are facing "imminent execution" for protest-related crimes in Saudi Arabia, including Mujtaba al-Sweikat, who was arrested in 2012 at the age of 17 while boarding a plane to attend an American university, as a well as a partially blind and deaf man who was reportedly tortured into giving a false confession. The men have already been moved to Riyadh, the site the Islamic kingdom's Deera Square (commonly called "Chop Chop Square").

Saudi Arabia typically gives no notice regarding precisely when executions are carried out - typically in the form beheading - though they are open to the public. The king's signature is all that's required before execution of the 14 men takes place after what Amnesty described as a "grossly unfair mass trial". July has been a particularly bloody month with over 26 executions in a 3 week period. International monitoring groups have estimated that over 60 executions have been carried out so far in 2017. In 2015 the kingdom reached a two decade high with over 157, and the following year executed 47 on a single day, including a prominent Shia cleric for leading anti-government protests.

Various rights groups, as well as Michigan state lawmakers and teachers organizations, appealed to the White House to intervene, especially considering that one of the youngest facing execution, al-Sweikat, had been accepted as a student at Western Michigan University (WMU). Sweikat was arrested, along with other juveniles, for taking part in pro-Shia protests - all 14 are of part of Saudi Arabia's Shia minority. Since 2011 sporadic violence has erupted in the country's Shia-dominated eastern province of Qatif, resulting in increased nation-wide crackdowns on Shia political activity. A number of public beheadings since then have been for charges of spying on behalf of Iran. At least 34 members of Saudi Arabia's Shia community currently await the death penalty according to Amnesty International's figures.
Ignored by Trump.jpg
Ignored by Trump.jpg (33.4 KiB) Viewed 1027 times
Mujtaba al-Sweikat, arrested at 17, was set to attend WMU. Family photo, source: Reprieve.

Last week over 100 WMU faculty and administrators issued a public letter to President Trump requesting an urgent last minute intervention in al-Sweikat's case. The joint statement cited a UN finding:

We are shocked and alarmed to learn that one of our prospective students, Mujtaba al-Sweikat, faces imminent execution in Saudi Arabia... According to information provided to the United Nations Office of the High Commissioner for Human Rights, al-Sweikat was subjected to sleep deprivation, solitary confinement, cigarette burns, beaten to the point that his shoulder was broken and denied medical care.

Both Trump and Secretary of State Tillerson have remained silent on the issue, though it's not known what, if anything, has been conveyed through diplomatic channels. "America is a sovereign nation and our first priority is always the safety and security of our citizens," Trump stated during his May visit to the Saudi capital. "We are not here to lecture, we are not here to tell other people how to live, what to do, who to be, or how to worship. Instead, we are here to offer partnership, based on shared interests and values--to pursue a better future for us all."
WARMONGER PROOF.jpg
WARMONGER PROOF.jpg (23.53 KiB) Viewed 1027 times
Saudi-US arms purchases. Source: Statista

British Prime Minister Theresa May has faced similar calls to put pressure on Saudi Arabia over its horrific human rights abuses. Both the US and UK have recently signed record breaking weapons deals with their longtime gulf ally and rarely speak publicly on issues related to Saudi domestic affairs. In January of this year, the human rights monitoring group Reprieve pointed to a trend of increasingly young prisoners facing the death penalty:

There are now real concerns that those protesters sentenced to death as children could be next in line to face the swordsman’s blade. Saudi Arabia's allies - including the US and UK - must not turn a blind eye to such atrocities and must urgently appeal to the Kingdom to change course.
Saudi Arabia routinely blows off the criticisms of private human rights groups and likely sees no need for reform, especially since it faces little serious pressure from Western governments. In April it was elected to the UN Women's Rights Commission to serve for the 2018-2022 term after keeping its seat on the Human Rights Council in a November re-election. This latest round of public beheadings, set to take place at any moment, demonstrates the continued absurdity and inconsistency of Washington's human rights rhetoric and the so-called 'international order'.

eddie
captain of 1,000

Post by eddie »

freedomforall wrote: July 27th, 2017, 7:21 pm Warmongering...hatemongering = what's the difference? It takes hatemongers to stir up people to becoming warmongers, and it starts with attempting to brainwash people's minds into standing next to the hatemonger and internalizing every fiery dart's message coming forth out of their mouth.

Repetitive dissemination of hate filled gossip can warp other minds until their come to think and act the same way as the hatemonger. Then the cycle continues until a conflict occurs and people die.

There is wisdom in paying heed to what was said about not being troubled; that it is all part of that which has been prophesied that will eventually destroy the wicked. Why become as the people being torn asunder by listening to and maybe even agreeing with one who is belligerent, disrespectful and likely to be as forceful as a tyrant?

They say misery loves company. Is there someone acting miserable attempting to acquire company on this very forum?
Um yep! It seems that person is now on a rampage. Is he making himself miserable, after all, wickedness never was happiness.

Hate cancers the soul, we are told to forgive for our own happiness, it works!

freedomforall
Gnolaum ∞

Post by freedomforall »

eddie wrote: July 27th, 2017, 10:15 pm
freedomforall wrote: July 27th, 2017, 7:21 pm Warmongering...hatemongering = what's the difference? It takes hatemongers to stir up people to becoming warmongers, and it starts with attempting to brainwash people's minds into standing next to the hatemonger and internalizing every fiery dart's message coming forth out of their mouth.

Um yep! It seems that person is now on a rampage. Is he making himself miserable, after all, wickedness never was happiness.

Wait until Silver and IWrite come to an impasse, a situation where one or the other disagrees and neither will budge, won't that be a hoot? :ymparty:
There exists at least one impasse already. This thread was supposed to be all about good behavior, yet more backbiting, contention and hateful speech has permeated it. Some of us are appalled at the constant barrage of hateful innuendo and awful name calling, so, we're at an impasse.

eddie
captain of 1,000

Post by eddie »

freedomforall wrote: July 27th, 2017, 11:38 pm
eddie wrote: July 27th, 2017, 10:15 pm

Wait until Silver and IWrite come to an impasse, a situation where one or the other disagrees and neither will budge, won't that be a hoot? :ymparty:
There exists at least one impasse already. This thread was supposed to be all about good behavior, yet more backbiting, contention and hateful speech has permeated it. Some of us are appalled at the constant barrage of hateful innuendo and awful name calling, so, we're at an impasse.
Impasse= " A situation in which no progress is possible."

There's one in a million chance that I write and Silver will break-up, so I'm saying there's a chance! :D

iWriteStuff
blithering blabbermouth

Post by iWriteStuff »

I'm curious how friends of the Trumpster interpret his comments:
Some of the Fake News Media likes to say that I am not totally engaged in healthcare. Wrong, I know the subject well & want victory for U.S.
— Donald J. Trump (@realDonaldTrump) June 28, 2017
and
“Frankly, I don’t think we should leave town unless we have a health insurance plan, unless we can give our people great health care,” Trump said during a lunch with senators at the White House.
Ok, and then today he's all like:
3 Republicans and 48 Democrats let the American people down. As I said from the beginning, let ObamaCare implode, then deal. Watch!
— Donald J. Trump (@realDonaldTrump) July 28, 2017
Translation: "I said all along that we should let ObamaCare implode and then I insisted we pass something to fix it immediately. Then when that didn't work out I told you my plan to let it fail was working perfectly. Stand by for my new position tomorrow."

Whence cometh this seeming contradiction? Roy Cohn, The Donald's mentor, explains it best:
"Even when you lose, declare victory!"

The fact of the matter is Trump needs to overhaul health insurance so he can do tax reform. You don't get one without the other, at least not in any meaningful way. So the fact that he and his Republicans can't pass anything (which is a good thing - ObamaCare 2.0 was even worse than the original) means the rest of his agenda is DOA. As I said, this is a good thing. No health insurance legislation is better than bad health insurance legislation. Unfortunately, Trump is trying to have it both ways - declare victory if they "fix" it and declare victory if they can't "fix" it and it dies anyway.

Silver
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Silver »

Rand Paul must be getting some great fan mail lately. I really like the way he is making a stand on issues. He's not quite as strong as his father but much better than 99.9% of the Gadianton liars in Washington.

It's especially cool when he stands up the Senate majority leader who is also the senior senator in KY which Paul represents. Oh, this feels like a cool time to point out what a Gadianton puppet Trump is. The Secretary of Transportation is Elaine Chao. Elaine is the wife of McConnell, the Senate majority leader. Chinese money keeps electing McConnell.

O, what a tangled web we weave when first we practise to deceive! Walter Scott
Read more at: https://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/quot ... 18003.html

http://thehill.com/policy/defense/34428 ... -bill-vote

Paul blocks McConnell from setting up defense bill vote
BY MAX GREENWOOD - 07/28/17 09:37 AM EDT

Paul blocks McConnell from setting up defense bill vote
TheHill.com

Sen. Rand Paul (R-Ky.) blocked Majority Leader Mitch McConnell's (R-Ky.) request early Friday morning for the chamber to advance the annual defense funding bill.

McConnell made the request in the immediate aftermath of the Senate's shocking rejection of a scaled-back bill to repeal parts of ObamaCare, asking for unanimous consent to proceed to the defense legislation.

Senate Minority Leader Chuck Schumer (D-N.Y.), who rejected Sen. John McCain's (R-Ariz.) request on Thursday to pause the healthcare debate and move on to the National Defense Authorization Act (NDAA), said after the healthcare vote that he would let the bill move forward.

But Paul, who has been among the Senate's most vocal ObamaCare critics, voiced an objection to McConnell's request without explaining why, stalling proceedings on the NDAA, which is typically among the least controversial of spending bills.

Instead, the Senate will take up judicial nominations when lawmakers meet on Monday.

"Senator Rand Paul requested two bipartisan amendments, one on ending indefinite detention and one on AUMFs," said Paul communications director Sergio Gor, referring to authorizations for the use of military force.

"He looks forward to working with leadership and the committee to get this done soon."

Silver
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Silver »

More murder, but nobody cares as long as McDonalds is open and the credit card works. This is why sackcloth and ashes will be all the rage in fashion someday.

https://theintercept.com/2017/07/22/don ... an-empire/

DONALD TRUMP AND THE COMING FALL OF AMERICAN EMPIRE
Jeremy Scahill
July 22 2017, 9:50 a.m.

EVEN AS PRESIDENT DONALD Trump faces ever-intensifying investigations into the alleged connections between his top aides and family members and powerful Russian figures, he serves as commander in chief over a U.S. military that is killing an astonishing and growing number of civilians. Under Trump, the U.S. is re-escalating its war in Afghanistan, expanding its operations in Iraq and Syria, conducting covert raids in Somalia and Yemen, and openly facilitating the Saudi’s genocidal military destruction of Yemen.

Meanwhile, China has quietly and rapidly expanded its influence without deploying its military on foreign soil.

A new book by the famed historian Alfred McCoy predicts that China is set to surpass the influence of the U.S. globally, both militarily and economically, by the year 2030. At that point, McCoy asserts the United States empire as we know it will be no more. He sees the Trump presidency as one of the clearest byproducts of the erosion of U.S. global dominance, but not its root cause. At the same time, he also believes Trump may accelerate the empire’s decline.

McCoy argues that the 2003 invasion of Iraq was the beginning of the end. McCoy is not some chicken little. He is a serious academic. And he has guts.

During the Vietnam War, McCoy was ambushed by CIA-backed paramilitaries as he investigated the swelling heroin trade. The CIA tried to stop the publication of his now classic book, “The Politics of Heroin.” His phone was tapped, he was audited by the IRS, and he was investigated and spied on by the FBI. McCoy also wrote one of the earliest and most prescient books on the post-9/11 CIA torture program and he is one of the world’s foremost experts on U.S. covert action. His new book, which will be released in September, is called “In the Shadows of the American Century: The Rise and Decline of U.S. Global Power.”