WHAT'S REALLY HAPPENING

For discussion of liberty, freedom, government and politics.
iWriteStuff
blithering blabbermouth

Re: WHAT'S REALLY HAPPENING

Post by iWriteStuff »

eddie wrote: June 1st, 2017, 12:40 pm
Ezra wrote: June 1st, 2017, 11:58 am
eddie wrote: June 1st, 2017, 10:50 am
Ezra wrote: June 1st, 2017, 9:14 am

You might have bigger problems if you think those are funny jokes.
I do think they are funny in light of Silver's reply. :)) Look in the mirror Ezra, perhaps you have bigger problems, we are all flawed.
Flawed??? Except trumps politics right. Which is what you have been saying.

No one is saying we are not flawed. I have no problem with admitting when someone does good things. I have no problem admitting when they do wrong things. It's way easyer to see others problems over our own. Knowing that we need to be very open to others opinions of our faults so that we can address them without becoming upset or offended.

When other don't recognize blatant faults it tends to make people continue to try to explain them in further details.

I have tryed to explain your faults in supporting the sins trump has committed. Tryed to explain that we have scripture and prophets that also have given us guidance or commandments that are in complete opposition to trumps politics and wars. You have refused to answer or respond. With no defense yet continue in your stance of supporting those policies and actions. To which others have joined in to try to help you understand.

You will always find support by others who ignore scriptures and prophets as you have.

God simply doesn't justify these wars or the degrading of the constitution that is happening under trump. You will be judged for your support in those atrocities.

There is nothing wrong with supporting the good thing a president does and not supporting the bad things and speaking out against them.
Silver, did I just get spanked again? I'm starting to like them!
Silver: "Can you hear me now?" ;)
spanking.jpg
spanking.jpg (5.34 KiB) Viewed 844 times

eddie
captain of 1,000

Post by eddie »

Syrian chemical attack survivor has an incredible message for Trump and anti-Trump protesters
Justin Haskins Apr 8, 2017 7:05 pm
Syrian chemical attack survivor has an incredible message for Trump and anti-Trump protesters
Syrian Kassem Eid appears on CNN's "Newsroom" on April 7, 2017, to praise President Donald Trump's strike against Syria. (Image source: YouTube)
218 Follow
SHARETWEET
A survivor of a 2013 chemical-weapons attack by Syrian President Bashar al-Assad praised President Donald Trump on Friday for choosing to order a missile strike against an airbase in Syria.

Trump, many congressmen, and members of the intelligence community have said Assad is responsible for chemical attacks made against civilians in northern Syria on Tuesday. In the attack, at least 86 people were killed, including 28 children. The Turkish Health Ministry reported on Thursday the nerve agent used in the attack was sarin.

Special: Black Storm: Curse on the Caliphate has the answers.
On Thursday, Trump ordered the launch of 59 Tomahawk cruise missiles against an airbase belonging to the Syrian government. Trump claimed in a statement on the attack that there “can be no dispute that Syria used banned chemical weapons, violated its obligations under the Chemical Weapons Convention and ignored the urging of the UN Security Council.”

Assad’s government has denied it is responsible for the chemical-weapons attack.

Speaking on CNN’s “Newsroom,” Kassem Eid, a survivor of a chemical attack launched by Assad in 2013, said he was “overwhelmed” with joy when he learned of Trump’s attack.

“I saw the news. I cried out of joy,” Eid said. “I jumped. I thanked God. I don’t know, I was overwhelmed. We’ve been asking for protection. We’ve been asking for consequences for more than six years. And today, for the first time, it happened. For the very first time we see Assad held accountable—just for once—held accountable for his crimes against humanity.”

“I was overwhelmed,” Eid said. “I felt grateful for President Trump. I felt grateful for the United States. I felt grateful for each and every person who lobbied and called, kept on talking until someone actually listened.”

CNN host Brooke Baldwin asked Eid whether he agreed critics of Trump who say the president is being hypocritical by defending Syrians in once instance and temporarily refusing to let Syrian refugees enter the country.

“With all due respect,” Eid said. “With all due respect, I didn’t see each and every person who was demonstrating after the travel ban. I didn’t see you three days ago when people were gassed to death, when civilians were gassed to death. I didn’t see you in 2013, when 1,400 people were gassed to death. I didn’t see you raising your voice against President Obama’s inaction in Syria that led us refugees, that made us refugees get kicked out of Syria.”

“If you really care about refugees, if you really care about helping us, please help us stay in our country,” Eid continued. “We don’t want to come to the United States. We want to stay in our country. We want to stay in our country, with all due respect. This is hypocrisy. If you really care, if you really care, help us stay in our country.”

Eid’s incredible message conflicts with what many critics of Trump have said about Syrian refugees, including Hillary Clinton, who recently said during a speech in Houston Trump can’t “in one breath speak of protecting Syrian babies and in the next, close America’s doors to them.”

On Friday, Trump asked the 9th Circuit Court of Appeals to overturn a decision against Trump’s temporary travel ban made by a federal judge in Hawaii.

“To be sure, this order has been the subject of heated debate,” the Department of Justice wrote in its opening brief filed with the appellate court. “But the precedent set by this case will long transcend this order, this president, and this constitutional moment.”

Irrelevant
captain of 100

Post by Irrelevant »

Finrock wrote: June 1st, 2017, 11:03 am
Irrelevant wrote: May 31st, 2017, 7:30 pm
Finrock wrote: May 31st, 2017, 9:57 am
Irrelevant wrote: May 31st, 2017, 7:38 am

Succeed in doing what, exactly?
Succeed at winning.

-Finrock
Ha ha. Nice. Which means...?
...nothing. It was just a joke! ;)

-Finrock
I got it and laughed in real life. Sometimes my sarcasm isn't obvious on the screen.

Trump

eddie
captain of 1,000

Post by eddie »

Fitzgerald: ‘Ugly’ Americans display disdain for Trump
Joe Fitzgerald Monday, May 08, 2017

Credit: The Associated Press

How much longer must we as a nation endure this rottenness?

And that’s exactly what it is; it’s a sense of decay, and what’s decaying is really the defining essence of our democracy.

Surely even the loosest cannons among us have to know we’re called to be better than this.

So Donald Trump wasn’t their choice. So what?

Millions who didn’t vote for Barack Obama still called him Mr. President, not out of affection or admiration but out of an understanding he was placed in that office by fellow Americans who saw things differently.

Silver
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Silver »

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/opin ... story.html

Obama faces vile insults like no other president has
President Barack Obama

Among the wild accusations against President Barack Obama: He was a Black Panther, he refuses to recite the Pledge of Allegiance and he’s complicit with the Muslim Brotherhood. What’s at the root of this?

Geoffrey R. Stone
No U.S. president in history has been castigated, condemned, insulted and degraded as much as Obama.
I've been thinking lately about the persistently vituperative and insulting attacks on President Barack Obama since 2008. It is, of course, commonplace in American politics for presidents to be lambasted for their policies, their programs, their values and even their personal quirks. Sometimes the tone crosses the line.

John Adams was accused by a political opponent of "swallowing up" every "consideration of the public welfare ... in a continual grasp for power." James Madison was demeaned as "Little Jemmy" because he was short. James Buchanan, who once declared that workers should get by on a dime a day, came to be mocked as "Ten Cent Jimmy."

John Tyler, who assumed the presidency after the death of William Henry Harrison, was ridiculed as "His Accidency." Congressman Abraham Lincoln castigated President James Polk as a "completely bewildered man." Opponents of Woodrow Wilson's reinstitution of the draft in World War I accused him of "committing a sin against humanity." Critics of Franklin Roosevelt's New Deal attacked him as an "un-American radical."

Richard Nixon was famously known as "Tricky Dick," and of course he was not "a crook." At the height of the Vietnam War, Lyndon Johnson was excoriated by his opponents as a "murderer" and a "war criminal."

But no president in our nation's history has ever been castigated, condemned, mocked, insulted, derided and degraded on a scale even close to the constantly ugly attacks on Obama. From the day he assumed office — indeed, even before he assumed office — he was subjected to unprecedented insults in often the most hateful terms.

He has been accused of being a "secret Muslim" and born in Kenya, of being complicit with the Muslim Brotherhood, of wearing a ring bearing a secret verse from the Quran, of having once been a Black Panther, of refusing to recite the Pledge of Allegiance, of seeking to confiscate all guns, of lying about just about everything he has ever said, ranging from Benghazi to the Affordable Care Act to immigration, of faking Osama bin Laden's death and of funding his campaigns with drug money.

It goes on and on and on. Even the president's family is treated by his political enemies with disrespect and disdain.

If one browses even respectable websites, one can readily find bumper stickers, coffee cups and T-shirts for sale with such messages as: "Dump This Turd" (with an image of Obama); "Coward! You Left Them To Die in Benghazi" (with an image of Obama); "Somewhere in Kenya A Village Is Missing Its Idiot" (with an image of Obama); "Islam's Trojan Horse" (with an image of Obama); "Pure Evil" (with an image of Obama); "I'm Not A Racist: I Hate His White Half Too" (with an image of Obama); "He Lies!" (with an image of Obama); and on and on and on.

Now don't get me wrong. Every one of these messages is protected by the First Amendment, and people have a right to express their views, even in harsh, offensive, cruel and moronic ways. We the People do not need to trust or admire our leaders, and we should not treat them with respect if we don't feel they deserve our respect. But the sheer vituperation directed at this president goes beyond any rational opposition and is, quite frankly, mind-boggling.

Obama and respect for America
In part, of course, this might just be a product of our times. Perhaps the quality of our public discourse has sunk so low that any public official must now expect such treatment. Perhaps any president elected in 2008 would have been greeted with similar scorn and disdain. But, to be honest, that seems unlikely.

Of course, there are those who say that this phenomenon is due in part, perhaps in large part, to the fact that Obama is African-American. But surely racism is dead in America today, right?

One fact that might lend some credence to the theory that racism has something to do with the tenor of the attacks on Obama is that only one other president in our history has been the target of similar (though more subdued) personal attacks.

In his day, this president was castigated by the press and his political opponents as a "liar," a "despot," a "usurper," a "thief," a "monster," a "perjurer," an "ignoramus," a "swindler," a "tyrant," a "fiend," a "coward," a "buffoon," a "butcher," a "pirate," a "devil" and a "king." He was charged with being "cunning," "thickheaded," "heartless," "filthy" and "fanatical." He was accused of behaving "like a thief in the night," of being "the miserable tool of traitors and rebels," and of being "adrift on a current of racial fanaticism."

He was labeled by his enemies "Abraham Africanus the First."

But, of course, race had nothing to do with it then either.

Tribune Content Agency

Geoffrey R. Stone is a law professor at the University of Chicago.

Silver
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Silver »

https://www.cfr.org/membership-roster-g-k

Michael J. Glennon of the CFR presents the following:

Donald J. Trump‏Verified account
@realDonaldTrump
Follow
Sorry losers and haters, but my I.Q. is one of the highest -and you all know it! Please don't feel so stupid or insecure,it's not your fault
RETWEETS
6:37 PM - 8 May 2013

Irrelevant
captain of 100

Post by Irrelevant »

"Our democracy"...

MollyMom
captain of 10

Post by MollyMom »

Donald Trump is doing some good things. He is getting us out of the disastrous Paris Climate Accord, and although there is much to loathe about "Ryancare," at least the Individual Mandate has been removed. I believe Donald Trump has done several other good things, though some things have been a great disappointment, too. But Ron Paul did say he was doing a good job trying to save the economy. Even our venerable Dr. Paul believed in gradually weaning people off of welfare, so something along those lines might be necessary with Obamacare at this point. And I don't see it as a broken promise anyway, because Trump asserted that he had a plan that would still provide health care for everyone. Ugh.

I agree with the person who said he is in a steep learning curve.

Rand Paul worked closely with him about getting out of the Paris Accord and Rand is now working to undo the Saudi weapons deal in the Senate. I like Rand Paul's approach -- work with him to do what is right, correct him when he goes wrong, but don't just dogpile on him.

Are we wanting someone who will make all our wishes come true, or are we willing to roll up our sleeves and diligently yet diplomatically apply political pressure to "help" him find his way? If he was so in bed with the bad guys, why are they trying so hard to destroy him? It seems they see him as a threat of some kind...

And we should thank our lucky stars we are not subjects of Hillary. Would we not most certainly be at war with half of the world by now?

eddie
captain of 1,000

Post by eddie »

admq12 wrote: June 13th, 2017, 5:50 am Donald Trump Is Unintelligible to liberals because they don't understand common sense.....................
Welcome! :ymapplause: :ymapplause:

eddie
captain of 1,000

Post by eddie »

Silver wrote: June 3rd, 2017, 12:17 am http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/opin ... story.html

President Barack Obama

Among the wild accusations against President Barack Obama: He was a Black Panther, he refuses to recite the Pledge of Allegiance and he’s complicit with the Muslim Brotherhood. What’s at the root of this?

Geoffrey R. Stone
No U.S. president in history has been castigated, condemned, insulted and degraded as much as Obama.
I've been thinking lately about the persistently vituperative and insulting attacks on President Barack Obama since 2008. It is, of course, commonplace in American politics for presidents to be lambasted for their policies, their programs, their values and even their personal quirks. Sometimes the tone crosses the line.

John Adams was accused by a political opponent of "swallowing up" every "consideration of the public welfare ... in a continual grasp for power." James Madison was demeaned as "Little Jemmy" because he was short. James Buchanan, who once declared that workers should get by on a dime a day, came to be mocked as "Ten Cent Jimmy."

John Tyler, who assumed the presidency after the death of William Henry Harrison, was ridiculed as "His Accidency." Congressman Abraham Lincoln castigated President James Polk as a "completely bewildered man." Opponents of Woodrow Wilson's reinstitution of the draft in World War I accused him of "committing a sin against humanity." Critics of Franklin Roosevelt's New Deal attacked him as an "un-American radical."

Richard Nixon was famously known as "Tricky Dick," and of course he was not "a crook." At the height of the Vietnam War, Lyndon Johnson was excoriated by his opponents as a "murderer" and a "war criminal."

But no president in our nation's history has ever been castigated, condemned, mocked, insulted, derided and degraded on a scale even close to the constantly ugly attacks on Obama. From the day he assumed office — indeed, even before he assumed office — he was subjected to unprecedented insults in often the most hateful terms.

He has been accused of being a "secret Muslim" and born in Kenya, of being complicit with the Muslim Brotherhood, of wearing a ring bearing a secret verse from the Quran, of having once been a Black Panther, of refusing to recite the Pledge of Allegiance, of seeking to confiscate all guns, of lying about just about everything he has ever said, ranging from Benghazi to the Affordable Care Act to immigration, of faking Osama bin Laden's death and of funding his campaigns with drug money.

It goes on and on and on. Even the president's family is treated by his political enemies with disrespect and disdain.

If one browses even respectable websites, one can readily find bumper stickers, coffee cups and T-shirts for sale with such messages as: "Dump This Turd" (with an image of Obama); "Coward! You Left Them To Die in Benghazi" (with an image of Obama); "Somewhere in Kenya A Village Is Missing Its Idiot" (with an image of Obama); "Islam's Trojan Horse" (with an image of Obama); "Pure Evil" (with an image of Obama); "I'm Not A Racist: I Hate His White Half Too" (with an image of Obama); "He Lies!" (with an image of Obama); and on and on and on.

Now don't get me wrong. Every one of these messages is protected by the First Amendment, and people have a right to express their views, even in harsh, offensive, cruel and moronic ways. We the People do not need to trust or admire our leaders, and we should not treat them with respect if we don't feel they deserve our respect. But the sheer vituperation directed at this president goes beyond any rational opposition and is, quite frankly, mind-boggling.

In part, of course, this might just be a product of our times. Perhaps the quality of our public discourse has sunk so low that any public official must now expect such treatment. Perhaps any president elected in 2008 would have been greeted with similar scorn and disdain. But, to be honest, that seems unlikely.

Of course, there are those who say that this phenomenon is due in part, perhaps in large part, to the fact that Obama is African-American. But surely racism is dead in America today, right?

One fact that might lend some credence to the theory that racism has something to do with the tenor of the attacks on Obama is that only one other president in our history has been the target of similar (though more subdued) personal attacks.

In his day, this president was castigated by the press and his political opponents as a "liar," a "despot," a "usurper," a "thief," a "monster," a "perjurer," an "ignoramus," a "swindler," a "tyrant," a "fiend," a "coward," a "buffoon," a "butcher," a "pirate," a "devil" and a "king." He was charged with being "cunning," "thickheaded," "heartless," "filthy" and "fanatical." He was accused of behaving "like a thief in the night," of being "the miserable tool of traitors and rebels," and of being "adrift on a current of racial fanaticism."

Tribune Content Agency

So you feel sorry for Obama and are doing the same thing to Trump? Hypocritical at best. Your plan to alert us of Trumps offenses has had the opposite effect, time for a different strategy Silver. Can't you see that, or are you so blinded with hate and guile your senses had abandoned you? Are your words worthy of a Latter Day Saint? NO.

brianj
captain of 1,000

Post by brianj »

admq12 wrote: June 13th, 2017, 5:50 am Donald Trump Is Unintelligible to liberals because they don't understand common sense.....................
If they don't understand it, by definition it isn't common.

Silver
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Silver »

eddie wrote: June 13th, 2017, 10:45 pm
Silver wrote: June 3rd, 2017, 12:17 am http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/opin ... story.html

President Barack Obama

Geoffrey R. Stone

Tribune Content Agency

So you feel sorry for Obama and are doing the same thing to Trump? Hypocritical at best. Your plan to alert us of Trumps offenses has had the opposite effect, time for a different strategy Silver. Can't you see that, or are you so blinded with hate and guile your senses had abandoned you? Are your words worthy of a Latter Day Saint? NO.
"Opposite effect," eh? Shall we take a poll on LDSFF?

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2017-06-1 ... dent-trump

Although my reasons for disapproval are different than most...