Why I stopped being a feminist

For discussion of liberty, freedom, government and politics.
Gage
captain of 100

Re: Why I stopped being a feminist

Post by Gage »

Feminism has nothing to do with equality, if it did women would be pushing for change in divorce laws. These women pick and choose what they cry for with equality. They shout and show proof of their empowerment and "girl power" by sleeping around and having one night stands "like men do". They show their "independence" by divorcing yet they are with a new man the next day, many times the same night, most times before the divorce is ever mentioned. Women are nothing but fragile, attention starved, mental head cases that cry 'girl power" around the same women that they hate and cant stand to be around.

Fiannan
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Fiannan »

Gage wrote: June 9th, 2017, 6:46 am
Yahtzee wrote: June 8th, 2017, 6:27 pm If I may, I'd like to defend Sarah. What I understood from her posts is simply historical context. She's not defending feminism, she's reminding us why it exists in the first place. Much like the video showed, you have to listen to your "enemy" to understand where they are coming from. You have to listen without expecting too be offended.
It's not inaccurate that historically a woman had no right to own property. I hope no one can defend that. Women were left destitute because of those kinds of laws. And yes, that does affect women today, like it or not. The past always affects the future.
So I also agree it's important to understand why feminism came about and the good and bad consequences of it. That doesn't mean any of us who do so agree with the principles of modern feminism (ie-selfishness and man hating), but doing so allows me to have more compassion for those who adhere to it and the ability to attempt rational discussion with them.
Sorry not buying it, bologna. A woman not being able to vote 100 years ago effects my daughter today NONE. Do you cry in bed at night screaming "why couldnt women vote 100 years ago?" Do you wake up depressed and mentally drained because of it? Did your employer fire you today, did he say "we are sorry to inform you but women couldnt vote 100 years ago, you're fired?" What a load of crap. Affects women today my ars. BS. But i will agree with you on how "not many women agree with Feminism" because they dont, its mostly lesbians and fat women pushing it, because to go back to my original point, women want an Alpha rich man to take care of them, a woman cannot breathe without a man. Because women obsess over 2 things- men and money.

h_p
captain of 1,000

Post by h_p »

Gage wrote: June 9th, 2017, 8:47 am Women are nothing but fragile, attention starved, mental head cases that cry 'girl power" around the same women that they hate and cant stand to be around.
You must attract some really lousy women to have that kind of opinion.

Gage
captain of 100

Post by Gage »

h_p wrote: June 9th, 2017, 9:53 am
Gage wrote: June 9th, 2017, 8:47 am Women are nothing but fragile, attention starved, mental head cases that cry 'girl power" around the same women that they hate and cant stand to be around.
No just from my experience with women- from dating, friendships, supervising for 20 years. Ask any woman, and if they are being honest, they will tell you that they hate other women "because they know how they are" is the most popular response I have gotten. Some will flat out just say "I dont like them, they are whores, sluts, backstabbers, etc". Women are fragile, mentally, any little thing can set them off or bother them, they are fragile and cant handle much. They wine about the most petty of things, because they bother them, because they are fragile and cant "take much". I have refereed some of the pettiest fights between women, you would have thought these grown women were 5. Women despise other women. Women have to have attention. The number 1 argument with any woman I have dated has been "you dont give me enough attention" or "when are you going to find time for me" this mind you after they have run all of my male friends off, many times my brothers too because we are close and hang out a lot. Women have to have attention from males- friends, strangers, etc. as long as its a male- sometimes just a glance is fine- as long as the male "noticed them". Females compete with other females for the attention. "hot women" of course get the most attention and they make sure their other "hot friends" are not around when they are "out for Alpha males." Have you ever wondered why when you go out on the town there is always a fine girl and her fat friend, and sometimes you or your buddy have to take the "fat girl", well the fine girl always brings the fat one to make herself look ever more prettier of course but mainly she knows that she will have the pick of any Alpha man because Alpha men dont date fat girls, they dont have to. So the hot girl doesnt have to worry about any competition and is guaranteed the Alpha man. Women are very competitive with one another and get very jealous. The number one priority and goal and ambition in life for a female is to date as many Alpha males as she can and of course marry one. because they want a rich Alpha man to take care of them, that is their life goal. Its the ambition for fat girls too but eventually they realize they cant obtain an Alpha because Alpha's dont date fat girls, they dont have to.

h_p
captain of 1,000

Post by h_p »

Gage wrote: June 9th, 2017, 11:04 am
No just from my experience with women- from dating, friendships, supervising for 20 years.
I rest my case. :))

David13
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by David13 »

h_p wrote: June 9th, 2017, 11:08 am
Gage wrote: June 9th, 2017, 11:04 am
No just from my experience with women- from dating, friendships, supervising for 20 years.
I rest my case. :))

Yeah, but it's still not much of a case, as he acurately describes a whole lot of women there.
dc

Yahtzee
captain of 100

Post by Yahtzee »

Gage wrote: June 9th, 2017, 6:46 am
Yahtzee wrote: June 8th, 2017, 6:27 pm If I may, I'd like to defend Sarah. What I understood from her posts is simply historical context. She's not defending feminism, she's reminding us why it exists in the first place. Much like the video showed, you have to listen to your "enemy" to understand where they are coming from. You have to listen without expecting too be offended.
It's not inaccurate that historically a woman had no right to own property. I hope no one can defend that. Women were left destitute because of those kinds of laws. And yes, that does affect women today, like it or not. The past always affects the future.
So I also agree it's important to understand why feminism came about and the good and bad consequences of it. That doesn't mean any of us who do so agree with the principles of modern feminism (ie-selfishness and man hating), but doing so allows me to have more compassion for those who adhere to it and the ability to attempt rational discussion with them.
Sorry not buying it, bologna. A woman not being able to vote 100 years ago effects my daughter today NONE. Do you cry in bed at night screaming "why couldnt women vote 100 years ago?" Do you wake up depressed and mentally drained because of it? Did your employer fire you today, did he say "we are sorry to inform you but women couldnt vote 100 years ago, you're fired?" What a load of crap. Affects women today my ars. BS. But i will agree with you on how "not many women agree with Feminism" because they dont, its mostly lesbians and fat women pushing it, because to go back to my original point, women want an Alpha rich man to take care of them, a woman cannot breathe without a man. Because women obsess over 2 things- men and money.
Gage,
Most of us are trying to have a civil conversation, but when you start calling my opinions and experiences "BS" it makes that extremely difficult. I don't mind people disagreeing with me, but the tone in your writing comes across as angry and vindictive.
It is quite evident you've had some negative relationships with women and for that you have my pity. I hope some day you meet some who can help you overcome your offense to our gender.

h_p
captain of 1,000

Post by h_p »

David13 wrote: June 9th, 2017, 11:20 am Yeah, but it's still not much of a case, as he acurately describes a whole lot of women there.
Most of the women I know are pretty amazing. I guess we just move in different circles.

Gage
captain of 100

Post by Gage »

I only said BS because I thought it sounded "nicer" than saying anything else. I wasnt trying to sound mean or uncivil. Sometimes I say things not realizing the context or the situation, I apologize. There really was no ill intent.

I am not bitter at any females sometimes I just ramble about them mostly in good humor. One thing I have learned is you wont find many men saying anything negative about females, anything negative always comes from other females. I did not expect to get much agreement with my ramble from people on a Mormon discussion board. The funny thing is many females will agree with what i said, well to themselves. The only thing you will get from other males is how wonderful women are. Its hard for many men to say anything negative. Many men simply are 'mesmerized" by women, is usually why most men get walked all over and then left. Most Mormon men are brought up taught that Mormon girls are pure at heart, mind, body and soul and do no wrong. Its simply not true. The scriptures tell us that the Lord will be 'fed up" with females and their behavior in the last days. So I suspect what I say may have a little truth to it.

Sarah
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Sarah »

It's a little tricky for women especially in the Church to know what to focus their desires on and what is appropriate to want and hope for in their future. My mom for example married a convert in her late 20's and had a career by then. It was a difficult choice for her to leave her job that first pregnancy and she received a lot of pressure from co-workers to stay. This was in the late 70's when it was the popular choice to leave the stay-at-home role and work. So consequently she raised me with the counsel to stay home and be a wife and mother. That was the most important job I could have and to not let the work-place be a temptation. The only problem with this counsel now-a-days is that many women don't get married or at least not for awhile and so education and job goals are also a need for a woman to consider.

I went into education because my mom said she thought that would be a good career choice in that if you had to work you could have hours that would match your kids' hours. But I hated teaching in the classroom, as a young adult. Now, I think after having 5 children, I would handle and enjoy it a lot more. But at that time in my life all I wanted to do was get married and stay home and have children. So I did look for a man who I felt was responsible, hard-working, and who I thought had a future. That's a natural desire for any woman who wants to have children, to have husband who will be able to support her in that endeavor. While I wanted to have kids right away my husband wanted to put it off for a few years while he finished school. And so I worked low-level jobs that were not fun waiting for my husband to be okay with starting a family. While I was having babies I did envy my husband's freedom at times and some of his expectations and attitudes just made it worse. Eventually I came to see how things really were in our relationship and we were able to fix things.

Now that my youngest is out of diapers I'm starting to feel more freedom again, and if I did ever have to work I would do something else besides Elem. Ed., but really the greatest goal both men and women should have is to bring children into the world and work together to do that. We see cranky, confused, angry women in the world because they have left one frustrating role for one that looked appealing but was empty. Men too have been lured by worldly things to forgo or delay the sacrifices necessary to bring about a large family. Instead of feeling sorry for ourselves because the opposite sex is not behaving the way we think they should, we need to focus on building up the Kingdom of God and everything else will fall into place. That has been my experience. We can't force our spouse to always have that same goal but we do the best we can in our sphere of influence. The Lord does see your sacrifices and he recognizes how others treat you, and if you are able to bear it well and love despite other's bad behavior, he does reward you with blessings.

Finrock
captain of 1,000

Post by Finrock »

Gage wrote: June 9th, 2017, 8:47 am Feminism has nothing to do with equality, if it did women would be pushing for change in divorce laws. These women pick and choose what they cry for with equality. They shout and show proof of their empowerment and "girl power" by sleeping around and having one night stands "like men do". They show their "independence" by divorcing yet they are with a new man the next day, many times the same night, most times before the divorce is ever mentioned. Women are nothing but fragile, attention starved, mental head cases that cry 'girl power" around the same women that they hate and cant stand to be around.
This posts definitely reveals a bias against women. No attempt to say "Some women...", "Many women...", "A percentage of women...", but "Women are..."

-Finrock

Finrock
captain of 1,000

Post by Finrock »

Gage wrote: June 9th, 2017, 12:08 pm I only said BS because I thought it sounded "nicer" than saying anything else. I wasnt trying to sound mean or uncivil. Sometimes I say things not realizing the context or the situation, I apologize. There really was no ill intent.

I am not bitter at any females sometimes I just ramble about them mostly in good humor. One thing I have learned is you wont find many men saying anything negative about females, anything negative always comes from other females. I did not expect to get much agreement with my ramble from people on a Mormon discussion board. The funny thing is many females will agree with what i said, well to themselves. The only thing you will get from other males is how wonderful women are. Its hard for many men to say anything negative. Many men simply are 'mesmerized" by women, is usually why most men get walked all over and then left. Most Mormon men are brought up taught that Mormon girls are pure at heart, mind, body and soul and do no wrong. Its simply not true. The scriptures tell us that the Lord will be 'fed up" with females and their behavior in the last days. So I suspect what I say may have a little truth to it.
I can get onboard with the general sentiment of this post.

-Finrock

Gage
captain of 100

Post by Gage »

Finrock wrote: June 9th, 2017, 12:33 pm
Gage wrote: June 9th, 2017, 8:47 am Feminism has nothing to do with equality, if it did women would be pushing for change in divorce laws. These women pick and choose what they cry for with equality. They shout and show proof of their empowerment and "girl power" by sleeping around and having one night stands "like men do". They show their "independence" by divorcing yet they are with a new man the next day, many times the same night, most times before the divorce is ever mentioned. Women are nothing but fragile, attention starved, mental head cases that cry 'girl power" around the same women that they hate and cant stand to be around.
This posts definitely reveals a bias against women. No attempt to say "Some women...", "Many women...", "A percentage of women...", but "Women are..."

-Finrock
No I was meaning Feminist women. The ones that brag about being Feminist.

Finrock
captain of 1,000

Post by Finrock »

Gage wrote: June 9th, 2017, 12:45 pm

-Finrock
No I was meaning Feminist women. The ones that brag about being Feminist.
Oh, okay. When you said, "Women are..." I didn't initially read any qualifiers. But, thanks for the clarification. I still don't know if that is completely true even of "feminist women" but, it's good to know you don't think this of women in general. Not that I am here to condemn you, just saying.

-Finrock

Gage
captain of 100

Post by Gage »

I think some are missing what I was implying. I am not implying that women treat men badly, for the most part and generally speaking women try to please men because they love men. They really love men, which gets them into trouble sometimes. The same can be said for a man. I am talking about how women treat other women which was going back to my point about Feminism and that women are just not designed to be in the workplace and work together. They cannot work together as easily as men do. Women have trouble working as a team, they cannot stand to have a female boss, jealousy and pettiness is rampant, I could go on and on I've seen it for a long time.

Gage
captain of 100

Post by Gage »

for the most part and generally speaking women try to please men because they love men. They really love men,

Let me rephrase that statement. Women dont necessarily love they "use" which they make seem come across as love. This is why when you divorce your wife or break up with your girlfriend and you are home crying and not ate for 3 days, this is why she can be out like nothing has happened and acts like she never knew you. This is why you feel at that moment that you can never love again she already has a new boyfriend. The reason why they can do this is because they never "loved" you in the first place, they used you. Women use men to get things they want. And men are smitten schmucks that actually believe that their woman was madly in love with them.

Rose Garden
Don't ask . . .

Post by Rose Garden »

Gee, I'm feeling like a fragile, attention starved, mental head case right now . . .

Army Of Truth
captain of 1,000

Post by Army Of Truth »

Gage wrote: June 9th, 2017, 2:02 pm ...This is why you feel at that moment that you can never love again she already has a new boyfriend. The reason why they can do this is because they never "loved" you in the first place, they used you. Women use men to get things they want. And men are smitten schmucks that actually believe that their woman was madly in love with them.
:ymapplause: :ymapplause: :ymapplause:

I've been divorced for 9 years, and haven't yet remarried. Reading this reminds me exactly of my ex. One thing I overheard her say to her friend on the phone (when we got divorced) is that she "was never in love with me to begin with" so I totally agree with this. She has been remarried twice, since me, and is now in her fourth marriage! She is the epitome of the woman who uses men just get what they want. (i.e. house, car, money, credit cards, etc) I'm just waiting for her to divorce her current husband when he doesnt satisfy her needs anymore. That's what she does every 3-5 years. #-o :(

Fiannan
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Fiannan »

There may be a reason why women do not get as devastated by the loss of a mate as a man. Throughout history women were (and in some places even are) taken as prizes in conquest. Women who resisted were likely to be sold off as work slaves (thus not doing much reproducing) while the more compliant might become a sex slave, wife or concubine in the victor's tribe (and passing her genes on). Resistant personalities did not project as many genes into the next generation.

Women can fall into love quicker than a man, but fall out of love easier. Men fall in love at a slower pace but when they attach they are more loyal. Sorry, this is just biology and psychology. However, there is even a spiritual compoent to this. In the next life we just assume that men who are less worthy will have their wives taken and given to worthy men. I have actually not heard that many women, even the ones who hate polygamy, wonder aloud about the possible loss of a compaion they may have raised kids with and lived with all thier lives. Men on the other hand often say that they could not imagine entering into polygamy for how it might affect their wives.

Just an observation. ;)

David13
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by David13 »

h_p wrote: June 9th, 2017, 11:40 am
David13 wrote: June 9th, 2017, 11:20 am Yeah, but it's still not much of a case, as he acurately describes a whole lot of women there.
Most of the women I know are pretty amazing. I guess we just move in different circles.
Most of the women I know, and associate with indeed are rather decent women. You know what has been said to be the hobgoblin of small minds.

But my statement still stands. No where did I say I have anything to do with the women Gage is talking about, but we all know there are quite a few of them around today, don't we? Yes, you do, even tho' you may not want to admit it, so as to be "politically correct".

dc

Tell me, did Gage post that he had anything to do with the women he described? Or did you just invent that?

David13
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by David13 »

-Finrock
Is it bias or over generalization? Can you tell me what biases, prejudices, and stereotypes are usually partially based on?
dc

David13
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by David13 »

Gage wrote: June 9th, 2017, 2:02 pm for the most part and generally speaking women try to please men because they love men. They really love men,

Let me rephrase that statement. Women dont necessarily love they "use" which they make seem come across as love. This is why when you divorce your wife or break up with your girlfriend and you are home crying and not ate for 3 days, this is why she can be out like nothing has happened and acts like she never knew you. This is why you feel at that moment that you can never love again she already has a new boyfriend. The reason why they can do this is because they never "loved" you in the first place, they used you. Women use men to get things they want. And men are smitten schmucks that actually believe that their woman was madly in love with them.
Over the last 39 years I was "involved" in a lot of divorces (among other things). I noticed that that situation you describe applied to some men, and to some women. I don't know the %, but I'd say maybe 50 50.
dc

Finrock
captain of 1,000

Post by Finrock »

Gage wrote: June 9th, 2017, 1:36 pm I think some are missing what I was implying. I am not implying that women treat men badly, for the most part and generally speaking women try to please men because they love men. They really love men, which gets them into trouble sometimes. The same can be said for a man. I am talking about how women treat other women which was going back to my point about Feminism and that women are just not designed to be in the workplace and work together. They cannot work together as easily as men do. Women have trouble working as a team, they cannot stand to have a female boss, jealousy and pettiness is rampant, I could go on and on I've seen it for a long time.
I can already think of one example off the top of my head that demonstrates that you are making hasty generalizations. I'll post a reference later.

-Finrock

djinwa
captain of 100

Post by djinwa »

Fiannan wrote: June 9th, 2017, 3:07 pm There may be a reason why women do not get as devastated by the loss of a mate as a man. Throughout history women were (and in some places even are) taken as prizes in conquest. Women who resisted were likely to be sold off as work slaves (thus not doing much reproducing) while the more compliant might become a sex slave, wife or concubine in the victor's tribe (and passing her genes on). Resistant personalities did not project as many genes into the next generation.

Women can fall into love quicker than a man, but fall out of love easier. Men fall in love at a slower pace but when they attach they are more loyal. Sorry, this is just biology and psychology. However, there is even a spiritual compoent to this. In the next life we just assume that men who are less worthy will have their wives taken and given to worthy men. I have actually not heard that many women, even the ones who hate polygamy, wonder aloud about the possible loss of a compaion they may have raised kids with and lived with all thier lives. Men on the other hand often say that they could not imagine entering into polygamy for how it might affect their wives.

Just an observation. ;)
Another perspsective.

It has been said that men love women, women love children, and children love the cat.

To keep the species going, men need to provide for women, who in turn provide for the children.

So the true attachment of women are to their kids, not the husband. I can verify that the cooking nearly stopped after our kids left, and she can really crank out the food if they come to visit.

Women view men as a source of income or resources, just as men view their jobs. While some men are committed to their jobs, they will often leave if they find a better deal, just like women leave marriages.

And like many, if not most, men hate their jobs, and complain about them, so it is with women and their husbands. Never good enough, and they are too good for him, just like most men think they are underpaid and too good for their jobs.

So men finally get to retire from their job, which puts them at home more with their wife, which often means she doesn't get to retire from her husband. Guys think their wife is happy to have him home more, when it is actually the opposite.

At some point when he dies, she actually gets to retire and enjoy herself.

Finrock
captain of 1,000

Post by Finrock »

Finrock wrote: June 9th, 2017, 5:18 pm
Gage wrote: June 9th, 2017, 1:36 pm I think some are missing what I was implying. I am not implying that women treat men badly, for the most part and generally speaking women try to please men because they love men. They really love men, which gets them into trouble sometimes. The same can be said for a man. I am talking about how women treat other women which was going back to my point about Feminism and that women are just not designed to be in the workplace and work together. They cannot work together as easily as men do. Women have trouble working as a team, they cannot stand to have a female boss, jealousy and pettiness is rampant, I could go on and on I've seen it for a long time.
I can already think of one example off the top of my head that demonstrates that you are making hasty generalizations. I'll post a reference later.

-Finrock
I can't find the reference at the moment and I apologize. But, what I was thinking about was that I was recently listening to a radio interview of a director of a movie where she stated that she decided to hire nothing but women in filming, creating, directing, and producing the movie. I believe there were male actors, but everyone else responsible for making the movie was a woman. Her testimony of that experience was that there was a atmosphere of nurturing, less arguing, a very different energy (good energy) than when working with men, and overall she described it as a very good and a very successful experience for her and for all involved.

I wish I could find the reference now but I can't remember the program or the name of the guest or even the name of the movie at the moment. I just know that it was on a public radio station. She was probably someone you might even consider a "feminist" although I don't know that as a fact.

In any case, I'm confident in saying that your observation is a hasty generalization.

-Finrock