Why I stopped being a feminist

For discussion of liberty, freedom, government and politics.
Bronco73idi
captain of 1,000

Re: Why I stopped being a feminist

Post by Bronco73idi »

Feminist isn't new...

Proverbs 21:19 Better to dwell in the wilderness, Than with a contentious and angry woman.

sandman45
captain of 1,000

Post by sandman45 »

h_p wrote: May 29th, 2017, 11:06 am I wish I could post this to my Facebook feed, but I know what will happen: it would alienate me from a third to half of my ward, and my daughter would probably never speak to me again. It's probably too long for the ADD generation, but still well worth the 17 minutes of your time if feminism is anywhere on your radar.
feminism is communism and has been a key force in destroying the family unit and destroying men and screwing up society

brianj
captain of 1,000

Post by brianj »

sandman45 wrote: July 6th, 2017, 2:53 pm feminism is communism and has been a key force in destroying the family unit and destroying men and screwing up society
Communism makes everybody equal, excluding the ruling class.
Feminism makes women equal, the ruling class more equal, and men subservient.

I don't see that feminism is communism. And, knowing people who grew up in red China and the USSR, communism in those countries was nowhere near as destructive to families as feminism has become.

sandman45
captain of 1,000

Post by sandman45 »

brianj wrote: July 6th, 2017, 10:21 pm
sandman45 wrote: July 6th, 2017, 2:53 pm feminism is communism and has been a key force in destroying the family unit and destroying men and screwing up society
Communism makes everybody equal, excluding the ruling class.
Feminism makes women equal, the ruling class more equal, and men subservient.

I don't see that feminism is communism. And, knowing people who grew up in red China and the USSR, communism in those countries was nowhere near as destructive to families as feminism has become.
You may not see it but I do just check this out. Maybe with more information you will see it as I do.

They are both very destructive to families and to society..

The Ruling class was the bankers
Communists pioneered the political and cultural analysis of woman's oppression. They originated "women's studies," and advocated public daycare, birth control, abortion and even children's rights. They forged key feminist concepts such as "the personal is the political" and techniques such as "consciousness raising."

In the late 1940's, CPUSA leaders realized that the labor movement was becoming increasingly hostile to Communism. They began to focus on women and African Americans. They hoped "male supremacy" would "bring more women into the organization and into the fight against the domestic policies of the Cold War.

Communist women formalized a sophisticated Marxist analysis of the "woman question." The books In Women's Defense (1940) by Mary Inman, Century of Struggle (1954) by Eleanor Flexner and The Unfinished Revolution (1962) by Eve Merriam recorded women's oppression and decried sexism in mass culture and language. For example, Mary Inman argued that "manufactured femininity" and "overemphasis on beauty" keeps women in subjection (33).

The founder of modern feminism, Betty Frieden, left, relied on these texts when she wrote The Feminine Mystique (1963). These women all hid the fact that they were long-time Communist activists. In the 1960, their daughters had everything they needed, including the example of subterfuge, to start the Women's Liberation Movement.

Communist women formalized a sophisticated Marxist analysis of the "woman question." The books In Women's Defense (1940) by Mary Inman, Century of Struggle (1954) by Eleanor Flexner and The Unfinished Revolution (1962) by Eve Merriam recorded women's oppression and decried sexism in mass culture and language. For example, Mary Inman argued that "manufactured femininity" and "overemphasis on beauty" keeps women in subjection (33). The founder of modern feminism, Betty Frieden, relied on these texts when she wrote The Feminine Mystique (1963). These women all hid the fact that they were long-time Communist activists. In the 1960, their daughters had everything they needed, including the example of subterfuge, to start the Women's Liberation Movement.

Feminism's roots in Marxist Communism explain a great deal about this curious but dangerous movement. It explains:

- Why the " woman's movement" hates femininity and imposes a political-economic concept like "equality" on a personal, biological and mystical relationship.

- Why the "women's movement" also embraces "equality" of race and class.goalsofcommunism.jpg

- Why they want revolution ("transformation") and have a messianic vision of a gender-less utopia.

- Why they believe human nature is infinitely malleable and can be shaped by indoctrination and coercion.

- Why they engage in endless, mind-numbing theorizing, doctrinal disputes and factionalism.

- Why truth for them is a "social construct" defined by whomever has power, and appearances are more important than reality.

- Why they reject God, nature and scientific evidence in favour of their political agenda.

- Why they refuse to debate, don't believe in free speech, and suppress dissenting views.

- Why they behave like a quasi-religious cult, or like the Red Guard.

It's hard to escape the conclusion that feminism is Communism by another name. Communism is designed to give power to the puppets of central bankers by fostering division and conflict. Divide and Conquer. Having failed to peddle class and race war, Communism promoted gender conflict instead. In each case they fostered a sense of grievance in the target group. Now the traditional feminine role "oppressed" women.
https://www.henrymakow.com/000180.html

brianj
captain of 1,000

Post by brianj »

sandman45 wrote: July 7th, 2017, 10:06 am You may not see it but I do just check this out. Maybe with more information you will see it as I do.

I checked that out and I still don't see it as you do. You see feminism and communism as one and the same. I see feminism as a tool to spread communism, but much more so as a way of collapsing our society so an oppressive communist government can replace our current government.

Fiannan
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Fiannan »

brianj wrote: July 7th, 2017, 11:15 pm
sandman45 wrote: July 7th, 2017, 10:06 am You may not see it but I do just check this out. Maybe with more information you will see it as I do.

I checked that out and I still don't see it as you do. You see feminism and communism as one and the same. I see feminism as a tool to spread communism, but much more so as a way of collapsing our society so an oppressive communist government can replace our current government.
And that is what cultural Marxism is all about; erode the society from different directions, let it die, and then replace it.

djinwa
captain of 100

Post by djinwa »

Feminism will never die, because it is an expression of women's nature. And women's nature will not change.

The nature of women is to deflect blame to others. And to use others to get resources, so she can have children, or a nice house or clothes or whatever, and boost her image. Image is very important, as with status she can get more resources. Status with the larger group trumps status with her husband. He is a tool.

So, she will act like she likes a man, to get his resources. And if she can't get them, he is to blame. Shame him until he complies.

There are obviously exceptions, but this is very common.

Just a few examples below of women's opinion of men. I could go on and on. Has taken me many years to make sense out of all this, as you are led to believe when married that your wife actually loves you for who you are.

A week ago, I saw this couple that had been married 80 years. She says the secret to long marriage was "she always let him have my way". Haha.
http://www.cbs.com/shows/cbs-sunday-mor ... l-chapter/

A woman on this site mentioned that sex was dirty and disgusting. Very common opinion.

I recall years ago my wife discussing our best friends. The wife told my wife that she wasn't physically attracted to her husband. Don't suppose him being a physician had anything to do with her choice to marry him.

Then among our relatives the wives who left because they came from big money and were unsatisfied. No disciplinary action from the church.

My niece stopped by years ago on her way to the same college where her parents met. She quoted her mom who told her to not make the same mistake she made in marrying her dad. As her dad wasn't a good student and had to drop out - better working with his hands, and didn't make much money. In recent years his business has finally taken off and they have a big house - I assume her "love" for him has increased greatly.

My MIL married an older guy and was with him only a few years when he died, and she aggressively went after his pension which she's been living off the past 20 years without guilt. His family not happy.

A few years ago my son called from his second Afghanistan deployment, and things were getting more risky, and I was concerned for his safety in what I considered a useless mission. He said he wanted to get out of the military, but his wife wanted him to stay in because he made good money on deployments. Huh????? I asked if she cared about his safety, and he said yes, but he didn't understand what I was getting at. My sister was listening to the call, and I told her I couldn't believe his wife's attitude. She explained that women just like to have financial security. In other words, they need nicer furniture, even if the husband is dead. He is disposable.

Anyway, women want the benefits of men, without actually having him around.

Women have only stuck around through the ages because their survival depended on it. Now that they can earn their own money, or get on government programs, or are convinced they can do better, they have much less interest in men.

The only way women change their behavior is if men stop bowing to their demands and check out. MGTOW. As long as we keep supporting the stupidity, it will continue. But if we consider any of our own needs, we are told we are selfish or childish or needy, and we should man up and grow a pair. Shaming works.

Fiannan
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Fiannan »

Maybe if this scripture were emphasized more often in our wards and stakes? Seriously, I generally put up the force fields when approaching older middle-aged women in Church. Probably not all are bad, not even a majority, but every ward has a clique of angry, bitter women in it that will poison lessons that are designed by the Church leaders to promote love in the family.

Fiannan
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Fiannan »

By the way, if you say you would rather your daughters grow up watching Disney and chick flicks rather than action movies, horror and science fiction then you should probably get used to using the phrase "My daughter's first, second and third husband."

People let their daughters watch plots where a 38 year old super-hot character who would never settle for second-best like all her friends did, and now they live in simple homes in average neighborhoods, with boring husbands. Of course she meets the man of her dreams, gets married on a beach in Figi and lives in a penthouse suite or home in The Hampton s and has three perfect children. Truth of the matter will be for 99% of women who latch onto this dream that they will be working at a dead-end job, lonely, probably have a few STDs picked up from various guys they met at the "exclusive nightclubs" and then be 45, incapable of having kids, and sharing an apartment with an overweight lesbian with 5 cats.

I am so happy my 13 year old the other day told me she was glad that she broke her habit of watching Disney and now has graduated to fantasy and horror movies. And her attitude towards Church activities has grown positive by leaps and bounds.

h_p
captain of 1,000

Post by h_p »

Making sweeping generalizations about half the population of the world does no good for anyone, whether it's directed toward men or women. Those of you accusing women in general are no better than the feminists. You're doing the exact same thing.

brianj
captain of 1,000

Post by brianj »

I liked and agreed with much of what you have to say, but I think two things really need to be either clarified or replaced.
djinwa wrote: July 9th, 2017, 3:11 pm Feminism will never die, because it is an expression of women's nature. And women's nature will not change.

The nature of women is to deflect blame to others. And to use others to get resources, so she can have children, or a nice house or clothes or whatever, and boost her image. Image is very important, as with status she can get more resources. Status with the larger group trumps status with her husband. He is a tool.
I would not call this the nature of women, but the natural woman. The Bible contains a very clear instruction to put off the natural man, and at church we spend a lot of time learning what the natural man is so men can put off that part of their personality, but we don't spend enough time discussing the natural woman.

In today's Priesthood lesson the instructor stressed what someone in the quorum said about how to raise respectful children: respect their mother. I had to quickly interject that this is bad advice. The only thing that will work is if parents respect one another, but we do focus on the natural man while overlooking the natural woman.
The only way women change their behavior is if men stop bowing to their demands and check out. MGTOW. As long as we keep supporting the stupidity, it will continue. But if we consider any of our own needs, we are told we are selfish or childish or needy, and we should man up and grow a pair. Shaming works.
Wrong. That's on about the same level as saying that all men are rapists and can't change. We have very clear examples in the scriptures of people changing their ways when the gospel is preached to them and they become converted. If we teach true principles and help people become converted we can change people so they turn away from the natural man and the natural woman.