Denver Snuffer’s Alma 34:34 change

For discussion of liberty, freedom, government and politics.

iWriteStuff
blithering blabbermouth

Re: Denver Snuffer’s Alma 34:34 change

Post by iWriteStuff »

Who cares?
Last edited by iWriteStuff on May 23rd, 2017, 3:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

SJR3t2
captain of 1,000

Post by SJR3t2 »

Many do, and I'm showing reasons why I don't agree with it.

iWriteStuff
blithering blabbermouth

Post by iWriteStuff »

SJR3t2 wrote: May 23rd, 2017, 3:34 pm Many do, and I'm showing reasons why I don't agree with it.
What you resist persists, my friend. Leave it be like the trash it is.

SJR3t2
captain of 1,000

Post by SJR3t2 »

Evil only needs the righteous to do nothing for it to get stronger my friend.

AI2.0
captain of 1,000

Post by AI2.0 »

from your blog;
Denver seems to modify his talks when he publishes the transcripts. He did this with his Things to Keep us Awake at Night talk in St George also. Instead of doing an announcement of a revelation from God of how to change the scriptures, he slipped it into his transcript of his talk. One would think that a revelation from God would deserve at a minimum it’s own post. Where it is right now, one has to read through a transcript they might have already listened to, and not inclined to read it, as we all have busy lives and don’t necessarily have time to read a transcript of a talk we have already listened to. I don’t know about you but I have lots I want to research to understand more fully, and blog posts I want to write, but I am only one man, and have to prioritize what I do.

One thing to keep in mind this new scripture project is changing how scriptures are referenced. In the LDS version of the scriptures the verse he is referencing is Alma 34:34, in the new scriptures project it is Alma 13 I don’t know the sentence number, as the project is not doing verses.

Here is what is stated on page 10 of the transcript “Original text is shown below in black print, and revised replacement text in red print and cross-out showing deletions revealed by the Lord: “.

Here is this proposed changed on page 11.

Alma 13:
…that same spirit which doth possess your bodies at the time ye go out of this life, that same spirit will have power to possess your body in that eternal world.
…the same spirit you hearken to obey while living in the flesh shall, upon your death, have the same power to influence you to hearken unto that spirit in the next life.

It is interesting that you say Denver Snuffer modifies the transcripts which were made from his talks. For someone who seems to be such a stickler against change, you'd think he wouldn't be inclined to do this. /:)

Also, you say that his Book of Mormon Alma 34 is Alma 13. He must have removed quite a bit of content for that to have happened.

Denver Snuffer must fancy himself to be a modern day Martin Luther.

SJR3t2
captain of 1,000

Post by SJR3t2 »

Read his talk, he says he added that section after the fact.

He didn't remove a lot of content, the group is changing the numbering system. RLDS has a different numbering system, and ever the LDS church has had 2 different numbering systems.

BTH&T
captain of 100

Post by BTH&T »

SJR3t2 wrote: May 24th, 2017, 1:05 pm Read his talk, he says he added that section after the fact.

He didn't remove a lot of content, the group is changing the numbering system. RLDS has a different numbering system, and ever the LDS church has had 2 different numbering systems.
"IWrite" had a better idea, avoid it altogether. Just leave it be!

SJR3t2
captain of 1,000

Post by SJR3t2 »

Evil only needs the righteous to do nothing for it to get stronger.

Shimdidly
captain of 100

Post by Shimdidly »

I appreciate your analysis of this issue, SJR3t2. I am among those that don't put any stock into what Mr. Snuffer says, but your post may be helpful for persuading back those who have been led astray by him.

BTH&T
captain of 100

Post by BTH&T »

SJR3t2 wrote: May 24th, 2017, 9:13 pm Evil only needs the righteous to do nothing for it to get stronger.
Gaining a strong testimony is doing something.
Reading the Scriptures as God has presented them, with much prayer and fasting is a better way to fight evil.
This is how we fight it, to put on the Armor of God

SJR3t2
captain of 1,000

Post by SJR3t2 »

Are we not to warn others and help others to return to the law? Where does the scriptures actually say that?

Helaman 15:7 And behold, ye do know of yourselves, for ye have witnessed it, that as many of them as are brought to the knowledge of the truth, and to know of the wicked and abominable traditions of their fathers, and are led to believe the holy scriptures, yea, the prophecies of the holy prophets, which are written, which leadeth them to faith on the Lord, and unto repentance, which faith and repentance bringeth a change of heart unto them—

BTH&T
captain of 100

Post by BTH&T »

SJR3t2 wrote: May 25th, 2017, 9:26 am Are we not to warn others and help others to return to the law? Where does the scriptures actually say that?

Helaman 15:7 And behold, ye do know of yourselves, for ye have witnessed it, that as many of them as are brought to the knowledge of the truth, and to know of the wicked and abominable traditions of their fathers, and are led to believe the holy scriptures, yea, the prophecies of the holy prophets, which are written, which leadeth them to faith on the Lord, and unto repentance, which faith and repentance bringeth a change of heart unto them—

D&C 109:7
"And as all have not faith, seek ye diligently and teach one another words of wisdom; yea, seek ye out of the best books words of wisdom, seek learning even by study and also by faith;"

When we have the Book of Mormon, why go to a tainted source?
I'll search from the "Best Books" and strive for wisdom and understanding to warn my neighbor.
I don't have to play with poisonous snakes to know they are dangerous, why search what you know to be false?

SJR3t2
captain of 1,000

Post by SJR3t2 »

Um if you look at my post I rely very much on the BoM.

In a like manner people would ask if you have the BoM why do you rely on your leaders?

acanais58
Hi, I'm new.

Post by acanais58 »

SJR3t2 wrote: May 24th, 2017, 1:05 pm Read his talk, he says he added that section after the fact.

He didn't remove a lot of content, the group is changing the numbering system assurances deces. RLDS has a different numbering system, and ever the LDS church has had 2 different numbering systems.
Thank you for the clarification. It is true that the church has changed since the death of John Smith.

AI2.0
captain of 1,000

Post by AI2.0 »

Here's the problem. I don't want to read his talk again. I read it back when they put the transcript out, like all his stuff, it was very long. I think that many of us on this forum have already figured out that Denver Snuffer and his 'teachings' are a waste of time and so, if we have to slog through his writings in order to discuss your findings, or combat evil, I'd rather find another way to do so--reading his stuff is a chunk of my time I could be reading more edifying truths. Sorry.

But, I was interested in the edited, cliff notes version, if you were willing to share that. :)

SJR3t2
captain of 1,000

Post by SJR3t2 »

Then don't read the talk again. I quote the small parts about the change to Alma 34:34.

Personally I believe if you want to help those who believe in Denver Snuffer it might be good to be somewhat familiar with what is going on.

Silver Pie
seeker after Christ

Post by Silver Pie »

AI2.0 wrote: May 24th, 2017, 11:41 amIt is interesting that you say Denver Snuffer modifies the transcripts which were made from his talks
He clarifies what he has said. He expounds in some places. He fixes spoken errors (e.g. said "articles of faith" in Boise/Lecture 1 when he really meant to say "Lectures on Faith") and includes things he started to say, but got sidetracked. Everyone who listens much to him knows he does this. Many look forward to the transcripts because they are different. He has never made it a secret. This is not to defend him, but to explain it.

Silver Pie
seeker after Christ

Post by Silver Pie »

I can see SJR3t2's point. We are supposed to warn people if we see they are not following Christ. I can also see AI2.0's point. For example, now people know there is a change in Alma 34:34. Out of curiosity, they may search for it. It may change their trajectory - for the better or for the worse.

SJR3t2
captain of 1,000

Post by SJR3t2 »

Silver Pie wrote: May 30th, 2017, 5:44 pmHe clarifies what he has said. He expounds in some places. He fixes spoken errors (e.g. said "articles of faith" in Boise/Lecture 1 when he really meant to say "Lectures on Faith") and includes things he started to say, but got sidetracked. Everyone who listens much to him knows he does this. Many look forward to the transcripts because they are different. He has never made it a secret. This is not to defend him, but to explain it.
He also regularly adds to them, like in this case.

Silver Pie
seeker after Christ

Post by Silver Pie »

SJR3t2 wrote: May 31st, 2017, 1:05 pm
Silver Pie wrote: May 30th, 2017, 5:44 pmHe expounds in some places.
He also regularly adds to them, like in this case.
That's what I meant by "expound" - in other words, expounding on the subject. (presenting and explaining his ideas)

SJR3t2
captain of 1,000

Post by SJR3t2 »

He also adds things that are new like these scriptures changes he claims that are from God instead of announcing them separately.

Silver Pie
seeker after Christ

Post by Silver Pie »

Yep, he does.